The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 10-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #26
X-Nemesis
Side-Kick

Default Re: Shouldn't Zod have manhandled Supes?

I'm still left with the feeling that the difference in fighting skill was not portrayed properly. Put a life long trained fighter in any style up against a regular person who's built like supes and I'm willing to bet that the regular guy will get trashed. In fact, I highly doubt the untrained opponent would even get a hit on the skilled fighter.

Zod was skilled Supes wasn't. Who was he going to fight on earth to train against??? It purposely showed him having to choose to NOT fight.

X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
Black Light
Newbie First Class

But this also open up another question. Jor-El easily handled Zod in the beginning of the film. Is there any explanation for that?

Black Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:49 AM   #28
elgaz
Side-Kick

I think it was a very balanced battle.

Superman had more exposure to our sun, and more time to acclimatise to his powers. He also had huge determination and sheer will to succeed.

The Kryptonians had less exposure to our sun and much less time to get used to their powers, but outnumbered Superman and had formal military training and years of experience.

Ultimately, it left Zod and Superman on an almost equal footing ................... which is why Zod had to die. He could never be controlled or contained, and any injuries would heal quickly. Superman had to take him down.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #29
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Yeah, I think we saw that once Zod began to get a handle on his powers. Pretty much the moment when Zod said he was a soldier, and knew how to adapt, was the moment where we knew he would be an unstoppable mother****er.

To me, it seemed like the idea for there being closer to equal footing was even though Zod had the training and years of combat...he wasn't comfortable enough with his newfound powers to be as good as he could be. Superman was comfortable with his powers, since he's had years to learn to control and use them. So, it worked for me. Superman taking advantage of Zod trying to learn while on the job made the fight scenes being as even as they were.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

If you guys can't see the fact that Zod WANTED to die and LET Superman kill him you really do need to watch the movie many more times and pay closer attention

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote