2018:

Indestructible Hulk - Gareth Edwards/Paul Greengrass
Inhumans - Neil Marshall

2019:

Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet - Joss Whedon

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

Last edited by Hyde; 10-31-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #827
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Phase 3: Infinity Stone edition!

Spring 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron (Ultron or Mt. Wundagore may have ties to an infnity stone, possibly the Aether)
Summer 2015: Ant-Man

Summer 2016: Dr. Strange (will encounter another infinity stone (Power/Mind?), not through earth but while meditating on an astral plane)
Fall 2016: Captain America 3 (will be confronted by the Time Stone and Red Skulls return from the past)

Spring 2017: Thor 3 (no specific encounter with an infinity stone, but with the end of days with Surtur and the effects of awakening the Infinity)
Summer 2017: Black Panther (Origin story and mentions of the Infinity lore but no specific stone)

Spring 2018: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (encounter The Magus and the Soul Stone)
Summer 2018: Avengers: Infinity Part One (Thanos gathers the Infinity Stones and wreaks havoc but needs the last one to destroy the universe)

Spring 2019: Ms Marvel (comes in contact with the final stone and must protect it at all costs)
Fall 2019: Avengers: Infinity Part Two (Thanos collects the final stone, the Avengers must stop him before it's too late. But not without great sacrifice)

Old 11-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #828
Lord
All Mighty

Age of Ultron will be the end of Phase II not the begining of Phase III, and Avengers 3 won't be divided into 2 parts, Joss Whedon has already said that he doesn't like when films aren't complete and end up in a "to be continued" way, so if the Thanos saga is divided into 2 films, each one will be a self-contained story

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #829
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Did you seriously think I expected Age of Ultron was Phase 3? It was for point of reference.

I made this freaking thread! I've posted like 6 different Phase 3 variations by now. -_-

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...95&postcount=1
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=418
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=443
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=546

Why you been following me around trolling me lately Lord?

Old 11-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #830
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Now that we've seen that street level heroes are going to TV, I've revised what I want to see a bit.

2015 Ant-Man (confirmed for summer)

Spring 2016: Hulk 2 (by the time that Ant-Man came out, it'll have been nine months since the last Marvel studios production and a year since any familiar characters showed up. This is the time to release a Hulk movie since it'll be far less risky. The tone would be a lighthearted monster romp in Tokyo with The Leader as the villain. The Avengers proved that an angsty Hulk is far less entertaining than a Hulk who just goes around blowing things up.)

Autumn 2016: Doctor Strange (Autumn to take advantage of Halloween with the first Marvel horror film. Bringing it out come October when fans want to see something scary combined with the Marvel brand makes this one excellent release date.)

Summer 2017: Thor 3 (early summer since that's when box office numbers are highest. That plus Thor is a proven box office hit. Aim for June.)

Holiday 2017: Captain Marvel (late autumn just to fill the gap for a holiday movie. Something to sell tickets that's more a comedy than anything else. Captain Marvel fits the bill perfectly. Ignoring the Carol Corps at this point is commercial suicide.)

Spring 2018: Captain America 3 (once the dump months are over, releasing this in May is a great way to kick off blockbuster season. Using The Bloodstone Hunt as the storyline is also the way to wrap up the plot with the Infinity stones and introduce Zemo.)

Late Summer: 2018 Black Panther (BP has all the markings of a summer film with it having the potential to provide some high octane martial arts action that fans want to see.)

Holiday 2018/Winter 2019: Black Widow (Because who doesn't like James Bond style action at a time of year when everything is a feel good holiday film or an animated flick, putting out a spy movie is a very good idea. By this point, Black Widow will be enough of an established character to hold her own at the box office. That and a closing chapter on what the individual Avengers are doing. It'll have a lower budget than other films so maybe a TV show would work better if Scarlett Johansson is willing to do a Netflix series as opposed to a two-hour movie.)

Spring 2019: Guardians 2 (This would work as the prelude to Avengers 3. Something that shows Thanos collecting the infinity stones from Asgard, The Collector and The GotG by the film's end. Aiming for April or May provides enough of a lead until August to build hype but not so long that fans lose interest. This would also be the introduction of Nova to the team since Sam or Richard would fit right in. This is also a perfect excuse to use the Kree-Skrull War or Operaton Galactic Storm storylines.)

Late Summer 2019: Avengers 3 (August is when you do the big finale. Particularly early August when people are likely to still be on vacation and the southern hemisphere begins to warm up.)

This leaves only a few undeveloped properties. Ghost Rider and Blade can wait until Phase 4 as Marvel has said that they want to see how Doctor Strange performs first. Inhumans can also be a Phase 4 film as Black Widow and Captain Marvel are already two new female-led preoperties. That's all of three new franchises for Phase 4 to fully complete the Marvel U.

And Kevin Feige says that he has plans until 2021. I just shaved two years off. Unless he means that 2021 is the year that another big event film happens, in which case, I'd say to prolong Phase 3 by one year to keep it decompressed, then do Inhumans in 2021 since that'll require a massive budget anyway.

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #831
Lord
All Mighty

I'm not sure Guardians of the Galaxy deserves a sequel

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #832
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, truly it would be such a bad move to have a sequel to a film that's not even out yet.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #833
Lord
All Mighty

I'm talking about the franchise, i don't think it deserves to have more than one film so soon unless the first one is a mindblowing masterpiece, otherwise give way for new ones please.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #834
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I'm talking about the franchise, i don't think it deserves to have more than one film so soon unless the first one is a mindblowing masterpiece, otherwise give way for new ones please.
It's actually the opposite. If a film is a huge masterpiece, it doesn't get a sequel. Films that are notably successful, like all of the MCU films except TIH, get sequels, and even then, they'd be doing one if they had a killer idea. It'd be a bit odd to assume that Guardians of the Galaxy for some reason would be exempt from this pattern.

Now, if you're saying GOTG will flop, that's another discussion...

Old 11-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #835
Lord
All Mighty

I mean a masterpiece with a vast potencial for a sequel. and i want to ask you where i said GOTG will flop. Just like Ant-Man i want these films to be successful, but they're not big enough (with it i mean important in the Marvel Universe and iconic, which Thor and Captain America actually were, they are some of Marvel's major brands, even before the movies) and they're occupying the place of other potencial new properties.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #836
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
I mean a masterpiece with a vast potencial for a sequel. and i want to ask you where i said GOTG will flop. Just like Ant-Man i want these films to be successful, but they're not big enough (with it i mean important in the Marvel Universe and iconic, which Thor and Captain America actually were, they are some of Marvel's major brands, even before the movies) and they're occupying the place of other potencial new properties.

But Ant-Man is coming out in Phase 3 anyway. I also added Black Widow to my wishlist of films but I know that it'll probably be better as a TV series.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #837
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

A sequel to GOTG will probably be way more important to the Thanos storyline than a third Cap sequel or something else.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #838
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

Given Adam Warlock is Thanos' greatest foe, Marvel should get going on giving him his own movie. As part of the MCU, Erik Selvig and Darcy Lewis should be tied to his creation. The Enclave wants Selvig's cells that were exposed to the Tesseract for three straight days, and use those cells to create Adam Warlock (played by Stellan Skarsgård's real life son Alexander Skarsgård). Darcy would fill in for Alicia Masters in Adam's origin, giving Adam the knowledge and wisdom he needs so the Enclave can't control him.

Appearance-wise, MCU Adam Warlock should look like a tall, muscular man with blonde hair. A few bystanders ask "Did Thor get a haircut?" He doesn't get the "golden-skinned demigod" except in direct sunlight (like the Twilight sparkle-pires and the Smallville version of Bizzaro).

When he first appeared, Adam Warlock (them called Him) looked like Rocky Horror from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Adam Warlock was created before the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but the Enclave being played by various actors from RHPS (Tim Curry, Barry Bostwick, Susan Sarandon, Patricia Quinn) would be amusing in a "meta" way.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #839
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Man, we need a female superhero way sooner than that

Old 11-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #840
Ant-manic
Banned User

i think Adam Warlock should look east indian. barring that, i think Kal Penn would make a decent Bug (from the Micronauts and Gotg).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EDDAHn4SwP...1600/Bug-1.jpg

Last edited by Ant-manic; 11-12-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #841
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Man, we need a female superhero way sooner than that
Agreed. I'd really love to see a Captain Marvel movie with Carol Danvers as the hero, but unfortunately I'm having a hard time seeing it happening before A3.

Assuming one new property a year, and if A3 is in Spring 2018, that's only two open slots (2016 and 2017). There are four potential new properties that I see talked about the most: Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Inhumans, and (Ms.) Captain Marvel. I suppose you could also add Black Widow and Runaways to this list, but the first I see being a one-shot, and the second I think is even lower on the list.

Dr. Strange seems all-but-confirmed at this point, and Feige seems much more excited about either Black Panther or Inhumans than about Captain Marvel. To be fair, all three of those offer something totally new to the MCU (magic, Wakanda, and inhumans), while Captain Marvel is sort of a mish-mash of previous elements.

They have the same problems with sequels: finishing up the Thor and Captain America threequels seems like the obvious move, but then there may be interest in creating a Hulk 2 and/or GotG2 sooner rather than later.

Even if Marvel could squeeze in more phase 3 films by extending the phase a year longer, or upping it to 3 films per year (or some combination thereof), I still think Carol's going to end up the odd one out.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #842
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
Agreed. I'd really love to see a Captain Marvel movie with Carol Danvers as the hero, but unfortunately I'm having a hard time seeing it happening before A3.

Assuming one new property a year, and if A3 is in Spring 2018, that's only two open slots (2016 and 2017). There are four potential new properties that I see talked about the most: Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Inhumans, and (Ms.) Captain Marvel. I suppose you could also add Black Widow and Runaways to this list, but the first I see being a one-shot, and the second I think is even lower on the list.

Dr. Strange seems all-but-confirmed at this point, and Feige seems much more excited about either Black Panther or Inhumans than about Captain Marvel. To be fair, all three of those offer something totally new to the MCU (magic, Wakanda, and inhumans), while Captain Marvel is sort of a mish-mash of previous elements.

They have the same problems with sequels: finishing up the Thor and Captain America threequels seems like the obvious move, but then there may be interest in creating a Hulk 2 and/or GotG2 sooner rather than later.

Even if Marvel could squeeze in more phase 3 films by extending the phase a year longer, or upping it to 3 films per year (or some combination thereof), I still think Carol's going to end up the odd one out.
I'll be stunned if Black Panther doesn't happen. Besides, Marvel would be heavily criticized if a film with a black superhero as a lead does not happen.

Of course, it may also mean that Warner Brothers can capitalize by having John Stewart Green Lantern solo film.

Runaways is best suited for animated at this point.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #843
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3, Doctor Strange
2017: The Incredible Hulk 2, Black Panther
2018: The Inhumans, The Avengers 3

Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #844
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_oakley View Post
Given Adam Warlock is Thanos' greatest foe, Marvel should get going on giving him his own movie. As part of the MCU, Erik Selvig and Darcy Lewis should be tied to his creation. The Enclave wants Selvig's cells that were exposed to the Tesseract for three straight days, and use those cells to create Adam Warlock (played by Stellan Skarsgård's real life son Alexander Skarsgård). Darcy would fill in for Alicia Masters in Adam's origin, giving Adam the knowledge and wisdom he needs so the Enclave can't control him.

Appearance-wise, MCU Adam Warlock should look like a tall, muscular man with blonde hair. A few bystanders ask "Did Thor get a haircut?" He doesn't get the "golden-skinned demigod" except in direct sunlight (like the Twilight sparkle-pires and the Smallville version of Bizzaro).

When he first appeared, Adam Warlock (them called Him) looked like Rocky Horror from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Adam Warlock was created before the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but the Enclave being played by various actors from RHPS (Tim Curry, Barry Bostwick, Susan Sarandon, Patricia Quinn) would be amusing in a "meta" way.
Wasn't that Captain Marvel? I think he was the one who first defeated Thanos, it's such a shame most seem to ignore him and he'll probably not get his oun film while Thanos is still around

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #845
ajpro
Side-Kick

2015:
July - Ant-Man
December - Captain Marvel

2016:
March - Thor 3
June - Dr.Strange
November - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

2017:
April - Captain America 3
July - Avengers 3
November - Ultimate Marvel Event combining Avengers with Guardians of the Galaxy defeating Thanos shot side-by-side with Avengers 3

Old 11-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #846
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wasn't that Captain Marvel? I think he was the one who first defeated Thanos, it's such a shame most seem to ignore him and he'll probably not get his oun film while Thanos is still around
After Captain Marvel died and Thanos was brought back, Adam Warlock became Thanos' number-one foe. Especially in the INFINITY GAUNTLET/WAR/CRUSADE trilogy.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #847
antirock

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here is how I see Phase 3 working out.

2015:

Ant-Man (obviously)

2016:

May: Sequel to existing franchise (Cap 3, Thor 3, GOTG 2, or Hulk 2)
July: New Character (Dr. Strange or Nova)

Reason: The May release date for 2016 is fairly crucial. They need a win in that release slot. Releasing a new franchise that could possibly be poorly received is a huge risk. I also don't see Marvel releasing two new characters back to back (the first being Ant-Man). New characters are less risky when released in the later summer/fall when there isn't as much competition.

2017:

May: Sequel to existing franchise
Late Summer: Sequel to existing franchise

Reason: Just personal opinion, I don't think Marvel should introduce too many new characters in one phase. They are already introducing Ant-Man and (likely) Dr. Strange in Phase 3.

2018:

Note: if CA2 does well in April, I think Marvel could start releasing film in the early spring instead of feeling obligated to clog the summer months with their films. I think it's a great idea. I believe there will be an early spring 2018 movie to lead into A3

Early spring: either new character or sequel
May: Avengers 3

I think there will be threequels to Thor and Cap, just because Thor did well in the box office and Cap is expected to. A sequel to Hulk may be in the May 2016 slot to give Evans and Hemsworth a little break due to the fact that they have been playing those characters in such perpetuity over the past few years.

Dr. Strange and Ant-Man will be the two new characters. Ant-Man for obvious reasons and Feige has all but confirmed Dr. Strange. Other than that, I don't see Black Panther making his way into a solo film as his story doesn't quit mesh with building a Thanos battle in A3 (then again neither does Ant-Man really).

If there is a spring 2018 film preceding A3 I see it being either a Thor threequel or a sequel to GOTG, only because those two franchises lead into the Thanos story easier. My gut says GOTG will serve as a proper prequel to A3.

/nerdrant

Old 11-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #848
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I wish Marvel had an asian superhero...one that didn't follow racial stereotypes.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #849
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I wish Marvel had an asian superhero...one that didn't follow racial stereotypes.
Me too... but that's a tall order, since a lot of the racial stereotypes of Asians are that they are tech savvy and know martial arts, which is common and desirable for superheroes. Shang Chi's still a good character, and Sunfire is... almost stereotype free. And if they ever bring Jimmy Woo into SHIELD... totally badarse.

Oh... and please don't forget Amadeus Cho. He won't forget you.

And Big Hero 6 is in development, although it's not MCU, it's still pretty awesome if Asian superheroes is what you're looking for.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #850
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

The new Ms Marvel?

Maybe not Asian enough for you?

Closed Thread