The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #551
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

I feel like Tom Hiddleston has become the Robert Downey Jr. of the Thor franchise. The scenes really came alive when he was in them and I couldn't wait for more scenes with him. I never read too much Thor comics, but I think Tom plays an excellent Loki!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #552
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I agree. I do like Evans in the role but Hemsworth has imo done clearly more, and with a harder part to play.
I disagree. Evans was often spit on when he was first cast as CA because of his history with the teenage comedy flicks, and he really made CA his own. Hemsworth is good, but I just loved Vincent D' Onofrio more, and he wasn't even playing a true Thor. Hemsworth is kind of boring for me. He only comes alive when he's around Loki.

warhorse78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #553
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

When Loki actually believes in what he's doing, when there's this rage, revenge thirst and hunger for power, the character is a great villain and the humor in him becomes real. But he can very easily become a buffoon.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #554
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I disagree. Evans was often spit on when he was first cast as CA because of his history with the teenage comedy flicks, and he really made CA his own. Hemsworth is good, but I just loved Vincent D' Onofrio more, and he wasn't even playing a true Thor. Hemsworth is kind of boring for me. He only comes alive when he's around Loki.
Thats why its a matter of perception=). I find Evans lifeless as Cap but he really,really shined in cameo appearance as comedy seems to come so natural to him. Far more natural than stern-faced Cap. I hope that they will be able to use this calling of his in future movies.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #555
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
I think that happens because when Thor is round Loki he has a clear relationship and a strong conflict to work with. When he's around, let's say, Jane, then he doesn't do much. Jane Foster is a bland boring character without anything to it. She's just the generic love interest and you never get to know why Thor is attracted to her. He just is.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #556
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Thats why its a matter of perception=). I find Evans lifeless as Cap but he really,really shined in cameo appearance as comedy seems to come so natural to him. Far more natural than stern-faced Cap. I hope that they will be able to use this calling of his in future movies.
Evans plays Cap the way Cap is in the comics....he's not a jokester........he's serious.

That cameo was great though!

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #557
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
I think that happens because when Thor is round Loki he has a clear relationship and a strong conflict to work with. When he's around, let's say, Jane, then he doesn't do much. Jane Foster is a bland boring character without anything to it. She's just the generic love interest and you never get to know why Thor is attracted to her. He just is.
Because she's smokin' hot maybe??? LOL

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #558
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Does anyone else think that Marvel is going to do a solo project with Loki? That's the impression I've been getting recently. They might not commit to a full-length movie starring him, but a One-Shot could definitely be in the cards. Louis D'Esposito said that the studio has considered attaching future One-Shots to their theatrical releases, the way the Captain America sneak peek was attached to TDW. Playing a Loki short film before some future movie would bring the house down.

Another thing I would love to see is an appearance by Loki on Agents of SHIELD. Wouldn't it be great if he just popped up behind Agent Coulson at the end of an episode and said, "Boo!" Loki might have a bit more empathy for his victim after TDW, but no, he probably won't.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
BTW, it was totally ironic that Loki got run through by Kurse in TDW. That was so fitting. I actually cried real tears when he died. Then when he turned up alive at the end I was like, "Son of a three-legged *****! Now my eyes hurt and my nose is running and your ass is still alive?" That was the perfect ending.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #559
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Does anyone else think that Marvel is going to do a solo project with Loki? That's the impression I've been getting recently. They might not commit to a full-length movie starring him, but a One-Shot could definitely be in the cards. Louis D'Esposito said that the studio has considered attaching future One-Shots to their theatrical releases, the way the Captain America sneak peek was attached to TDW. Playing a Loki short film before some future movie would bring the house down.

Another thing I would love to see is an appearance by Loki on Agents of SHIELD. Wouldn't it be great if he just popped up behind Agent Coulson at the end of an episode and said, "Boo!" Loki might have a bit more empathy for his victim after TDW, but no, he probably won't.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
BTW, it was totally ironic that Loki got run through by Kurse in TDW. That was so fitting. I actually cried real tears when he died. Then when he turned up alive at the end I was like, "Son of a three-legged *****! Now my eyes hurt and my nose is running and your ass is still alive?" That was the perfect ending.
No wander you getting this impression journalists are asking constantly due to that stupid online petition. Marvel clearly showed no intention to go trough with it. Full movie? Nop, only if Thor 3 will somehow make a billion. One short? Probably but again only after Thor 3 as it is clear that he stuck in Asgard and Asgard require money to make.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #560
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I don't know, I think a Loki spin-off movie is definitely a possibility, given his popularity. Only after Thor 3, though.

A Loki one-shot? Even though it'd be tricky to do, I think its almost a sure thing at some point.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #561
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
So, Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark/Ironman, Chris Evans is Steve Rogers/Captain America and Tom solidified is Loki. Everyone else is expendable in their roles. Except maybe SLJ as Fury. They sure got some awesome casting in these roles.
Hemsworth nailed Thor from the get-go both in appearance and character. He got to prove that further in Avengers and just solidified his place in The Dark World.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #562
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Hemsworth nailed Thor from the get-go both in appearance and character. He got to prove that further in Avengers and just solidified his place in The Dark World.
To be honest, I wasn't impressed by Thor in The Avengers. To me, he was left to be nothing more than a punching bag. 2 of the other Avengers knocked him clearly off of his feet, and he got put in his place real fast by Captain America.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #563
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Because she's smokin' hot maybe??? LOL
Lol indeed. Being smoking hot is no reason for the god of thunder. He lives amongst smoking hot female warriors.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #564
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Lol indeed. Being smoking hot is no reason for the god of thunder. He lives amongst smoking hot female warriors.
I agree, and then there was Black Widow, who is extremely smoking hot.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #565
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I don't know, I think a Loki spin-off movie is definitely a possibility, given his popularity. Only after Thor 3, though.

A Loki one-shot? Even though it'd be tricky to do, I think its almost a sure thing at some point.
Kevin Feige has said recently that Marvel is considering doing more with Loki because of the character's popularity. The publicity tour that Feige did with Tom Hiddleston seems to have opened the head honcho's eyes a bit. He mentioned going to an appearance in South Korea with Hiddleston and being shocked that 7,000 crazed Loki fans turned out to see him. Events like that are shaping Marvel's approach to Loki, according to Feige.

While I am not a huge Loki fan, I think that Marvel would be foolish not to capitalize on his popularity in some way.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #566
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Anyone else find it amusing that Marvel's two best cinematic villains (so far), despite how bad they can both be at times in terms of their villainy, still manage to have a soft spot for their mothers? I'm talking about both Loki and Magneto, where it seems like the memory of the love that they received from their mothers seems to be the only shard of peace that they both had left within them after becoming the people that they are infamously known for in their respective worlds.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #567
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Kevin Feige has said recently that Marvel is considering doing more with Loki because of the character's popularity. The publicity tour that Feige did with Tom Hiddleston seems to have opened the head honcho's eyes a bit. He mentioned going to an appearance in South Korea with Hiddleston and being shocked that 7,000 crazed Loki fans turned out to see him. Events like that are shaping Marvel's approach to Loki, according to Feige.

While I am not a huge Loki fan, I think that Marvel would be foolish not to capitalize on his popularity in some way.
Bow office shows that his popularity not so huge as it may seems. And they already done one thing to capitalize on it-they prolonged his life for yet another movie. I guess they spoken about this on CC and in Korea. There is no way out for him in third film-as he now full villain again-he miraculously survived two times already - now will Thor make sure he is dead.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #568
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Anyone else find it amusing that Marvel's two best cinematic villains (so far), despite how bad they can both be at times in terms of their villainy, still manage to have a soft spot for their mothers? I'm talking about both Loki and Magneto, where it seems like the memory of the love that they received from their mothers seems to be the only shard of peace that they both had left within them after becoming the people that they are infamously known for in their respective worlds.
Yep mother and best friend/brother- Charles/Eric and Thor/Loki are working on same level in a sense. You can add Doom in the mother`s-villainous-boys club.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #569
KittyDuran
Side-Kick

Teefury has separate Loki and Thor shirts available today. teefury.com.

KittyDuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #570
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

I love this!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #571
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions on this matter...

What do you guys think Loki's views are of Thor by the conclusion of the film? Do you guys think that Loki still carries ill will towards Thor and will likely come up with a plan to try and kill Thor later on at the opportune time?

Or do you guys think that Loki will actually leave Thor alone since Thor has neither the desire to claim the throne, and that Loki actually doesn't resent Thor as much after hearing what Thor said about him at the final scene?

I'm still surprised that Loki went so much out of his way to protect Jane considering that his only goal was to get revenge...I mean he could have very well died from that bomb before Thor saved him.

I'm also still pretty ticked that they didn't allow Loki to really wield some magic on his own during his fight with the Dark Elves.
SPOILERS AHEAD

I got the impression that because Thor isn't interested in the throne that Loki will not try to kill his Asgardian brother. But Odin? What became of him? That's the million dollar question.

As for protecting Jane---it certainly would have complicated things with Thor if he hadn't . Jane is the primary interest to Thor, not the throne and Loki wants it that way.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #572
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Alan Taylor and Anthony Hopkins said that Odin is dead. Personally, I think Hopkins said that simply because he has no interest in doing another one.

Whether or not we take that as fact is up for debate.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #573
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
Alan Taylor and Anthony Hopkins said that Odin is dead. Personally, I think Hopkins said that simply because he has no interest in doing another one.

Whether or not we take that as fact is up for debate.
I'm most inclined to go with Feige's word as 'the word' at the moment, which is basically: They left the question of what happened to Odin open.... on purpose.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #574
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If Odin is given a recast due to Hopkins opting to not return, it would kind of suck. I mean, can we at least get through a trilogy for a hero where no major characters, or any, are given a recast. I feel like it disrupts the visual continuity.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #575
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Loki rules, once again.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
antsman41 is online now   Reply With Quote