The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #76
Spamtron
THE MAN

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 7

I like a lot of what they did in "The Batman" and feel stylistically it's one of the best versions done in an animated series... but there is still a big translation for it to be done real world style.
A Batman or Nightwing walking around in a body-size condom with a Ken-doll-codpiece may work in comic books to show awesome body definition, but will never transfer to the big screen, no matter what colors they use. Might as well have a bunch of Dr. Manhattans walking around on set fighting each other. I see your schwartz is as big as mine!
Batman is a non-super-powered human... a super-hero working with and sometimes fighting against super-beings. Alla Tony Stark/Ironman he uses great intellect, ingenuity, tech, and even more-so skill to get the job done.
His suit may be done in the Jim Lee look(and there are many variations he draws as people here have shown), but most likely should be done towards the 52 style with some protection for a guy who has bested street thugs and villains for quite a few years. Batman wants to fight crime as long as he can, he doesn't have a death wish, so he's going to have some protection layered into the suit he's wearing so he can keep doing that job he must for those who can't.
They may use similar suit building techniques here in the real world for creating it, but it will not be a MOS chainmaille Superman suit because his is alien tech and Batman's is man-built in that movie magic universe.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #77
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Simply because this movie is set in a more fantastic world than the Nolan movies and I want that to be shown even in batman's gadget arsenal.
I wouldn't want them to be something he uses regularly...just in situations like we're seeing in that gif.
I'm not talking shark repellent spray or anything,but I want him to seem like he has a readily available tool for most every situation.

Stuff that will make people say: "where does he get those wonderful toys?"

I suppose he could just use the fins on his gauntlets though.
As I see it, the more they can implement (presumably) supernatural traits (from the criminals perspective), the better. Personally the character has always been at his most interesting the cloudier the details get with his motive. My favorite part of these films have always been how scared they were of Batman, primarily because they didn't know what they were dealing with. It was like the adult version of the Boogeyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I prefer no claws. They would be too remissive of the whole "angry growly animal" take that was done already in live-action. I would like the new Batman to have a more detective calculative style to him and the claws wouldn't fit that.
I don't know why you would single out claws here, as you might as well excise the entire Bat-Man presentation altogether. His garish design choices have never conflicted with his more private and subtle traits. They are part of his persona.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #78
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

^ I'm just not a big fan of claws.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #79
hafizbat
Side-Kick

A possible blend of the Miller and Lee designs?

Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #80
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I've been a Batman fan for around 24 years, and this is the first time I've ever seen or heard about Batman ever having claws. Where is this coming from?

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #81
HUMANIMAL

its even in batman begins but he never uses them...well they arent claws realy

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #82
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I've been reading this thread for a few months now, but I'm not sure of the consensus regarding the use of white eyes for Batman in the SvsB movie. I think I'm for it if they'll be, like some have suggested in the past, HUD-type tech that will aid Bats in his investigative actions. I know we sort of got this type of thing in Dark Knight with the sonar vision, but it didn't do it for me- his eyes looked too big. It may just be too hard to pull of for live-action. Thoughts?

Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #83
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
A possible blend of the Miller and Lee designs?

The separation of the ears in those pics is going a little into Wolverine territory.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #84
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I've been a Batman fan for around 24 years, and this is the first time I've ever seen or heard about Batman ever having claws. Where is this coming from?
They were used in the "World's Finest" animated movie when Batman was trying to jump onto the flying wing that the Joker had procured- he used them to get more of a grip.

http://youtu.be/yDcxVcon0VY (at 4:15)

Old 11-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #85
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Yeah I don't see the need for claws. He has the side blades on his gloves if he ever needs to cut rope or block a sword.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #86
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Exactly. The blades on his gauntlets are more than enough.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #87
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
There were a few examples just shown in the past pages... in "The Batman" animated series he has them, if you haven't seen that series yet definitely give it a watch. And I believe later on in BTAS he used them as well.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #88
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Speaking of the blades, is there anyone who actually likes them longer and more curved? I prefer the shorter, thicker variety as they seem much more practical and cool while the long curved ones look rather ridiculous.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #89
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Speaking of the blades, is there anyone who actually likes them longer and more curved? I prefer the shorter, thicker variety as they seem much more practical and cool while the long curved ones look rather ridiculous.
I actually really like the squared Hush Versions.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #90
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Yeah I don't see the need for claws. He has the side blades on his gloves if he ever needs to cut rope or block a sword.
If we're going to judge solely on practicality, the claws would take precedent over forearm gauntlets. To this day its use has been largely underutilized. And it's not exactly for lack of trying. They look great and is part "the look", but function-wise it's easily disposable.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #91
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Any thoughts on when they may release the photo of Ben in the suit? I know it's a bit early, but even a silhouette shot or a cropped teaser shot would definitely had fuel to the already buzzing "fanboy" machine!

Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #92
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Any thoughts on when they may release the photo of Ben in the suit? I know it's a bit early, but even a silhouette shot or a cropped teaser shot would definitely had fuel to the already buzzing "fanboy" machine!
It'll probably be released in the few weeks preceding or during principal photography.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #93
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
If we're going to judge solely on practicality, the claws would take precedent over forearm gauntlets. To this day its use has been largely underutilized. And it's not exactly for lack of trying. They look great and is part "the look", but function-wise it's easily disposable.
I'd like to see a scene in which someone tries to choke B-man, and he pushes his claws into the person's arms. Otherwise, they can kind of go

Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #94
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
its even in batman begins but he never uses them...well they arent claws realy
You're confused friend, he NEVER had claws in Batman Begins.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #95
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I'd like to see a scene in which someone tries to choke B-man, and he pushes his claws into the person's arms. Otherwise, they can kind of go
Claws worked for Jean Paul Valley to demonstrate his brutality.

I don't think Bruce would build them into the suit though. He has the grapple gun if he needs to scale something, he has batarangs and the blade gloves if he needs to cut something.

Claws are overkill.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #96
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando81 View Post
You're confused friend, he NEVER had claws in Batman Begins.
when he tries out the memory cloth he has some like claw things on his hand

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #97
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I've never been this excited over a suit design before! The MoS suit came closest maybe, but Batman is always such an interesting character to see re-imagined, both in the comics and the movies.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #98
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
when he tries out the memory cloth he has some like claw things on his hand
Those went into his cape, so he can glide.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #99
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Yeah, if I remember correctly, that was just Bruce testing it out to see how it'd work out for his cape.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #100
HUMANIMAL

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Closed Thread