The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #951
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,891
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Also don't mean it's right. But I believe it because his spoiler on Vietnam was too specific and very Singeresque, just playing off those politics and that whole backdrop. That's why I think it's legit. If he just provided the ending, I would say it was BS.

But the point of bringing up Spidey is that it was necessary for the longevity of the franchise. Frankly, I think the X-Men series has just about winded down, and Wolverine 3, X-Force, and perhaps FC3 will be all for a while. I don't think Fox will reboot until Marvel/Disney try to pry their hands. Or maybe it goes back to Marvel by then, you never know.
I disagree with that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If rumored ending Is true that opens door for more sequels in past without having to worry about what happened In OT and wolverine solo films


It's looking like Fox,Lauren Shueller Donnor,and Bryan Singer want to expand series not end it.Fox Isn't spending second largest amount of money ever for
film they don't want to invest In for future.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #952
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I stupidly saw that purported 'spoiler' regarding the ending of the film. Not initially but because people kept hinting at it and being indiscreet about it and it then became obvious.

If it's true, I will feel I spoiled the surprise for myself.

If it's not true, I will feel annoyed that someone told lies.

But this sort of rumour/speculation happens with every high-profile movie and, like Nell, I also remember the various claims about X3. The Brotherhood were to have fought the X-Men at Alkali Lake as both sides went to get Jean, and Magneto's team included Scarlet Witch.

As the script for that movie was probably in such a state of flux, I believe some of those claims were true at one point but never ended up happening or being in the finished movie.

Oh well, I guess it's fun to discuss and speculate on forums, but I'm really not that keen on internet rumours.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, GoTG 7.5/10, CA:TWS 8/10, Interstellar 8.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #953
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,678
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
Another tweet
What I'm curious about is the stuff written on the page underneath. I played around a little in photoshop but didn't get very far. But do have some thoughts on the writing behind the "You have any good news". There's two lines of writing above it and two below. I think the second might -- might -- say "Raven. Make sure she stays....[something]". The third looks like it could be: "A.I.?" [followed by something in parentheses]. The fourth could be: "Make sure she stays out of his hands."

But again, these are really just guesses. And my photoshopping wasn't good enough that I think it's worth pasting.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #954
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
What I'm curious about is the stuff written on the page underneath. I played around a little in photoshop but didn't get very far. But do have some thoughts on the writing behind the "You have any good news". There's two lines of writing above it and two below. I think the second might -- might -- say "Raven. Make sure she stays....[something]". The third looks like it could be: "A.I.?" [followed by something in parentheses]. The fourth could be: "Make sure she stays out of his hands."

But again, these are really just guesses. And my photoshopping wasn't good enough that I think it's worth pasting.
I see 'ALT', not 'A.I.' but I could be mistaken. Can't make out the rest.

UrbanCougar is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #955
magneto23
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 427
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
But I believe it because his spoiler on Vietnam was too specific and very Singeresque, just playing off those politics and that whole backdrop. That's why I think it's legit.
Where might one be able to read this spoiler?

magneto23 is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #956
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,118
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
I see 'ALT', not 'A.I.' but I could be mistaken. Can't make out the rest.
"Make sure she stays out of his hands" I think (for the ALT one)

The one above I think is "Make sure she stays away from him"

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #957
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,104
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Edit

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #958
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,987
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I stupidly saw that purported 'spoiler' regarding the ending of the film. Not initially but because people kept hinting at it and being indiscreet about it and it then became obvious.

If it's true, I will feel I spoiled the surprise for myself.

If it's not true, I will feel annoyed that someone told lies.

But this sort of rumour/speculation happens with every high-profile movie and, like Nell, I also remember the various claims about X3. The Brotherhood were to have fought the X-Men at Alkali Lake as both sides went to get Jean, and Magneto's team included Scarlet Witch.

As the script for that movie was probably in such a state of flux, I believe some of those claims were true at one point but never ended up happening or being in the finished movie.

Oh well, I guess it's fun to discuss and speculate on forums, but I'm really not that keen on internet rumours.
There's no lying when you're relaying information someone else has claimed. The source could be lying - who knows? But you know the term, "don't shoot the messenger."

Though I foresee some people biting their tongues come May.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #959
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,891
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
There's no lying when you're relaying information someone else has claimed. The source could be lying - who knows? But you know the term, "don't shoot the messenger."

Though I foresee some people biting their tongues come May.
I am not exactly jumping for joy over the rumored ending
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
on prospects of X_Men and X2 as well as The wolverine being erased from contunity In a Star Trek 2009 like situation.And as you know by now 99 % of time I am antireboot
but I see no reason to doudt you and information you
provided since
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It would explain james Marsden on plane to montreal with halle berry and Famke Janssen spotted on subway In montreal although report of her having a stunt double was probally bogus


I told people my gut said Independence day sequel wouldn't make 2015 release,that FF reboot may be pushed to summer 2015 and Star Wars Episode 7 might get a christmas release.In this past week My feeling on all three were
proven right.

Maybe
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They will do better with "New timeline" than they did with Star Trek If both Magneto and Mystique never become villains they were In trilogy

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #960
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
There's no lying when you're relaying information someone else has claimed. The source could be lying - who knows? But you know the term, "don't shoot the messenger."

Though I foresee some people biting their tongues come May.
If you don't want people to "shoot the messenger", then maybe you should actually act like a messenger, instead of putting your entire SHH existence on this supposed information that isn't even yours.

Because as "bad" as I'm apparently going to look should this prove true (which I won't "look bad", I'm merely not blindly believing someone who has no evidence to support their claims - if that's "looking bad" then I don't want to "look good"), you're gonna look even worse if it's wrong.

Because you didn't present this as "this is what I heard" information. You've presented this as "this is 100% what is going to happen and you're wrong if you question it's validity in even the least little bit"

You're not a messenger. You're pushing an agenda.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #961
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,944
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I gotta agree with nell .. Lets not pass info off as proof until its proven

spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #962
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,987
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
If you don't want people to "shoot the messenger", then maybe you should actually act like a messenger, instead of putting your entire SHH existence on this supposed information that isn't even yours.

Because as "bad" as I'm apparently going to look should this prove true (which I won't "look bad", I'm merely not blindly believing someone who has no evidence to support their claims - if that's "looking bad" then I don't want to "look good"), you're gonna look even worse if it's wrong.

Because you didn't present this as "this is what I heard" information. You've presented this as "this is 100% what is going to happen and you're wrong if you question it's validity in even the least little bit"

You're not a messenger. You're pushing an agenda.
Again, you're making **** up. First off, I never said anyone would look "bad" for not believing me if I end up being right. Second, I clearly said I was told details about the ending (among other things) from a very reliable source. That means that I trust the information, but it's not coming from me, but from someone else. It's been obvious I'm the "messenger" this entire time. I also acknowledge that I could be being fed falsities, and that even if these rumors are legitimate, things can change between then and now. I never played it off to be the gospel, though I do fully believe in this source - but that doesn't mean everyone else has to. I wouldn't spread rumors if I thought it'd end up biting me in the ass in the end.

You don't believe me? That's absolutely fine, but you don't need to constantly chime in by trying to tear me down for doing a service to the fans. You've been an obnoxious troll and I can't see how you've gone without getting a slap on the wrist for it. Good luck keeping it up though, bud.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #963
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,310
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

OK, here's the deal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
I shockingly don't care. At all. But I don't know what you could expect me to back it up with when I was told under the confidence I'd keep their identity safe? Think about it.
And because you can't back up your sources, people have the right not to believe you, since all they have is what they're hearing from you.

If your info is real, great. If it's not, expect things to get ugly in a few months. Same goes for anyone posting doubts - either way, one side is going to be thumbing their nose at the other and we don't need that. But constantly posting anonymous scoops is going to keep leading to this argument.

The stuff you've been giving has also been extremely spoilerific. As much as people want to hear about the movie, they don't want the movie spoiled either...and right now, we have people openly discussing what may or may not be the ending and we're getting a bunch of complaints about that.

Right now, I think it's a good time to ease off on this stuff. People should be able to discuss the movie here without being told if they're right or wrong without anything solid to back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
If you don't want people to "shoot the messenger", then maybe you should actually act like a messenger, instead of putting your entire SHH existence on this supposed information that isn't even yours.

Because as "bad" as I'm apparently going to look should this prove true (which I won't "look bad", I'm merely not blindly believing someone who has no evidence to support their claims - if that's "looking bad" then I don't want to "look good"), you're gonna look even worse if it's wrong.

Because you didn't present this as "this is what I heard" information. You've presented this as "this is 100% what is going to happen and you're wrong if you question it's validity in even the least little bit"

You're not a messenger. You're pushing an agenda.
And you've made your point on this repeatedly now, so it's time to ease off on the subject as well. You have no way of proving whether or not all this stuff is true, so the constant accusations hold about as much weight as the movie rumors do at this point in time.

Does that work for everyone?

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #964
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,987
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

It works, I just never claimed it to be fact. I've only expressed my opinion that it's something I believe. But I don't doubt it could be different. I just don't see where I've tried to press it as fact. Others have, indeed, but not me.

It's all good, though, dany.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #965
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,310
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
It works, I just never claimed it to be fact. I've only expressed my opinion that it's something I believe. But I don't doubt it could be different. I just don't see where I've tried to press it as fact. Others have, indeed, but not me.

It's all good, though, dany.
I'm not taking sides in this either way, as I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague. But right now this whole thing is being more disruptive than helpful.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #966
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

This is why we should've never taken down the spoiler/ non-spoiler forum arrangements. I understand why we (well, "they" as the current Hype Staff) did it but some of these users really shouldn't be together in here. Discussing spoileriffic info is a pleasure for some members--but there's nowhere to go now to really indulge without someone crying bloody war.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #967
icekid
Side-Kick
 
icekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Trapped in the Hoover Dam
Posts: 608
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

It dawned on me today, what if they took and X-Men:Evolution route in the sense that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
they go with the rumored ending with a voiceover from Xavier talking about how they still had their fair share of hardships (Magneto being an enemy, Phoenix, Sinister, Apocalypse, Sentinels returning here or there, Styker ect) but they made it through, leading to said rumored 2023 ending. This leaves all those stories to be told by the FC cast. I think it'll be a nice way to tie things up without necessarily closing the book on this X-Men film incarnation.

icekid is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #968
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,387
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
5-10 movies with the OT cast is most certainly not going to happen.

What actor would want to do an additional 5-10 movies ON TOP of the four they've already done before (six if you're talking about Hugh).
We are already getting the 4th film featuring the OT cast. So if you really think this is the last film featuring the OT cast, then sure 5to 10 movies with the cast is most certainly not going to happen.

And I do think if these actors were given a 3 to 8 picture-deal, some of them would have accepted the offer. Anna Paquin managed to do 6 seasons of True Blood (of course if she's given a chance to appear in more X-Men movies, she would say yes. Ian McKellen managed to do six-LOTR films. Shawn Ashmore and Daniel Cudmore are definitely going to say yes. Patrick Stewart had a cameo in the Wolverine movies and he was also a voice-actor in some X-Men videogames. Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for more than 5 times, maybe he won't comeback for the 10th time but still. The rest, who knows. Maybe if they are all content with their careers and they want to move away from the X-Men franchise then so be it. But as of right now, except for Alan Cumming, it looks like everybody (even the cast members who weren't asked to return for DOFP) are willing to return in future movies.

Here's the count for the appearances of the OT cast in all X-Men movies (including DOFP

7- Hugh Jackman
6- Patrick Stewart
5- Ian McKellen
4- Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn
3- Daniel Cudmore, James Marsden
2- Ellen Page, Aaron Stanford

I wouldn't be shocked if in the next 2 to 5 years, we would be talking about these actors returning for another X-Men movie.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-13-2013 at 01:03 AM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #969
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,387
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I have a feeling whenever they do reboot, a fair amount of posters are going to practically boycott the film with their obsession over the OT cast.
Hmm it depends on quality of the film. I haven't boycotted any franchise because of the reboot so if one day they rebooted the X-Men, I'm definitely gonna watch it and not hope for the worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Well, I personally am not watching any of the Garfield/Webb movies in theatres. Seems they are just rehashing the same elements. Thanks but no thanks. I don't like reboots either, and don't think one is completely necessary for X-Men, but if they go in that direction, I'd still let it play out, because I love the series.
Using elements from the Raimi trilogy is not even my issue about the film. The reboot was just not very good.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #970
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
We are already getting the 4th film featuring the OT cast. So if you really think this is the last film featuring the OT cast, then sure 5to 10 movies with the cast is most certainly not going to happen.

And I do think if these actors were given a 3 to 8 picture-deal, some of them would have accepted the offer. Anna Paquin managed to do 6 seasons of True Blood (of course if she's given a chance to appear in more X-Men movies, she would say yes. Ian McKellen managed to do six-LOTR films. Shawn Ashmore and Daniel Cudmore are definitely going to say yes. Patrick Stewart had a cameo in the Wolverine movies and he was also a voice-actor in some X-Men videogames. Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for more than 5 times, maybe he won't comeback for the 10th time but still. The rest, who knows. Maybe if they are all content with their careers and they want to move away from the X-Men franchise then so be it. But as of right now, except for Alan Cumming, it looks everybody (even the cast members who aren't asked to return) are willing to return in future movies.

Here's the count for the appearances of the OT cast in all X-Men movies (including DOFP

7- Hugh Jackman
6- Patrick Stewart
5- Ian McKellen
4- Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn
3- Daniel Cudmore, James Marsden
2- Ellen Page, Aaron Stanford

I wouldn't be shocked if in the next 2 to 5 years, we would be talking about these actors returning for another X-Men movie.
I would be shocked if this franchise isn't totally rebooted in the next 2-5 years. Honestly. This cast is going away guys. I just have a feeling that DoFP is going to rock this entire series in a way to tell more stories about these same characters, but in a different time frame and with new actors.

C'mon. It's time for Christ's sake.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #971
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I don't know if I would boycott an X-Men reboot, just because I'm enough of an X-Men fan to watch it.

But I probably won't sit on the Hype anticipating it, or make huge plans for a midnight showing or anything else. The day X-Men reboots is the day I stop having an emotional investment in the series, as it will be obvious that the series will no longer be treated with credibility.

Only reboot I've seen in theaters is the Nolan Batman trilogy because that's the exception to the rule, and Casino Royale because I don't consider it anything close to a reboot.

I have happily not seen Incredible Hulk, Man of Steel, Amazing Spiderman, Total Recall, Star Trek, or any other reboot in theaters, and I will be happily adding Amazing Spiderman 2, RoboCop, the eventual Terminator reboot, Batman v. Superman, the eventual Fantastic 4 reboot to my reboot boycott. And I couldn't feel happier for it.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #972
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,387
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Back in 2006, people kept saying that its impossible for Fox to reunite the original cast for a 4th X-Men film and we wouldn't get a sequel to X3. Where are those people now

Just look at these threads for example:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=274181

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=323855

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #973
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,891
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Inless the rumored ending Is true
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
and the contunity of trilogy and wolverine films are erased by time travel
then there Isn't going to
be a Batman begins,Casino Royale,Amazing spider-man type of reboot.Now
there could be a
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Star Trek type like J.J. Abrams did where some would agrue most of past film are stil relvent


Plus there will be another wolverine film In 2016 or 2017
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Although granted it will be set In new timeline If that Is what happens at end of DOFP


The big event film that Is DOFP would never have been possable If filmakers
would have listened to some online.

I don't understand they obsession some had even before rumored ending with
push reboot with DOFP coming.That's like wanting film to fail.

Hollywood Is way too reboot crazy.It's clear no film series will ever go as long as james Bond films did before they went with unneccsary reboot.X-Men going to at least 7 films Is a rarety.Most go 3 films and then reboot.

I used to do marathons of bond films to get ready for new bond films.Now even though the contunity was loose between films I still did It.Now I can't do It since most of films are ilrelvent to new films since the reboot.You will have 6 films,if you want to Include origins,to watch to prepare for DOFP.But if some had their way none of those films would be relvent to new X-Men films.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #974
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,387
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Just because some movies are being "erased", it doesn't mean the next movie should/will start in the 70s.

If DOFP does very well at the box-office, don't you think Fox won't consider bringing the OT cast for a 5th film?

The most important thing to Fox is money and they are a business company. They don't just make movies for art and creativity. Of course they would want to maintain the success that they will get from DOFP. They would be alienating casual viewers if the next film is set in the past again, and majority of DOFP's cast are gone.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-13-2013 at 01:53 AM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #975
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Why would the main trilogy cast come back if their entire existence and character progression has been wiped from continuity?

"X-Men 5! Where everything that came before this movie never happened, but still come and be invested in these characters anyways even though they no longer have a history!"

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.