Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #951
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Also don't mean it's right. But I believe it because his spoiler on Vietnam was too specific and very Singeresque, just playing off those politics and that whole backdrop. That's why I think it's legit. If he just provided the ending, I would say it was BS.

But the point of bringing up Spidey is that it was necessary for the longevity of the franchise. Frankly, I think the X-Men series has just about winded down, and Wolverine 3, X-Force, and perhaps FC3 will be all for a while. I don't think Fox will reboot until Marvel/Disney try to pry their hands. Or maybe it goes back to Marvel by then, you never know.
I disagree with that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If rumored ending Is true that opens door for more sequels in past without having to worry about what happened In OT and wolverine solo films

It's looking like Fox,Lauren Shueller Donnor,and Bryan Singer want to expand series not end it.Fox Isn't spending second largest amount of money ever for
film they don't want to invest In for future.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #952
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I stupidly saw that purported 'spoiler' regarding the ending of the film. Not initially but because people kept hinting at it and being indiscreet about it and it then became obvious.

If it's true, I will feel I spoiled the surprise for myself.

If it's not true, I will feel annoyed that someone told lies.

But this sort of rumour/speculation happens with every high-profile movie and, like Nell, I also remember the various claims about X3. The Brotherhood were to have fought the X-Men at Alkali Lake as both sides went to get Jean, and Magneto's team included Scarlet Witch.

As the script for that movie was probably in such a state of flux, I believe some of those claims were true at one point but never ended up happening or being in the finished movie.

Oh well, I guess it's fun to discuss and speculate on forums, but I'm really not that keen on internet rumours.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #953
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
Another tweet
What I'm curious about is the stuff written on the page underneath. I played around a little in photoshop but didn't get very far. But do have some thoughts on the writing behind the "You have any good news". There's two lines of writing above it and two below. I think the second might -- might -- say "Raven. Make sure she stays....[something]". The third looks like it could be: "A.I.?" [followed by something in parentheses]. The fourth could be: "Make sure she stays out of his hands."

But again, these are really just guesses. And my photoshopping wasn't good enough that I think it's worth pasting.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #954
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
What I'm curious about is the stuff written on the page underneath. I played around a little in photoshop but didn't get very far. But do have some thoughts on the writing behind the "You have any good news". There's two lines of writing above it and two below. I think the second might -- might -- say "Raven. Make sure she stays....[something]". The third looks like it could be: "A.I.?" [followed by something in parentheses]. The fourth could be: "Make sure she stays out of his hands."

But again, these are really just guesses. And my photoshopping wasn't good enough that I think it's worth pasting.
I see 'ALT', not 'A.I.' but I could be mistaken. Can't make out the rest.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #955
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
But I believe it because his spoiler on Vietnam was too specific and very Singeresque, just playing off those politics and that whole backdrop. That's why I think it's legit.
Where might one be able to read this spoiler?

Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #956
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
I see 'ALT', not 'A.I.' but I could be mistaken. Can't make out the rest.
"Make sure she stays out of his hands" I think (for the ALT one)

The one above I think is "Make sure she stays away from him"

Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #957
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Edit

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #958
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I stupidly saw that purported 'spoiler' regarding the ending of the film. Not initially but because people kept hinting at it and being indiscreet about it and it then became obvious.

If it's true, I will feel I spoiled the surprise for myself.

If it's not true, I will feel annoyed that someone told lies.

But this sort of rumour/speculation happens with every high-profile movie and, like Nell, I also remember the various claims about X3. The Brotherhood were to have fought the X-Men at Alkali Lake as both sides went to get Jean, and Magneto's team included Scarlet Witch.

As the script for that movie was probably in such a state of flux, I believe some of those claims were true at one point but never ended up happening or being in the finished movie.

Oh well, I guess it's fun to discuss and speculate on forums, but I'm really not that keen on internet rumours.
There's no lying when you're relaying information someone else has claimed. The source could be lying - who knows? But you know the term, "don't shoot the messenger."

Though I foresee some people biting their tongues come May.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #959
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
There's no lying when you're relaying information someone else has claimed. The source could be lying - who knows? But you know the term, "don't shoot the messenger."

I am not exactly jumping for joy over the rumored ending
on prospects of X_Men and X2 as well as The wolverine being erased from contunity In a Star Trek 2009 like situation.And as you know by now 99 % of time I am antireboot
but I see no reason to doudt you and information you
provided since
It would explain james Marsden on plane to montreal with halle berry and Famke Janssen spotted on subway In montreal although report of her having a stunt double was probally bogus

I told people my gut said Independence day sequel wouldn't make 2015 release,that FF reboot may be pushed to summer 2015 and Star Wars Episode 7 might get a christmas release.In this past week My feeling on all three were
proven right.

Maybe
They will do better with "New timeline" than they did with Star Trek If both Magneto and Mystique never become villains they were In trilogy

Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #960
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:

If you don't want people to "shoot the messenger", then maybe you should actually act like a messenger, instead of putting your entire SHH existence on this supposed information that isn't even yours.

Because as "bad" as I'm apparently going to look should this prove true (which I won't "look bad", I'm merely not blindly believing someone who has no evidence to support their claims - if that's "looking bad" then I don't want to "look good"), you're gonna look even worse if it's wrong.

Because you didn't present this as "this is what I heard" information. You've presented this as "this is 100% what is going to happen and you're wrong if you question it's validity in even the least little bit"

You're not a messenger. You're pushing an agenda.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #961
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I gotta agree with nell .. Lets not pass info off as proof until its proven

Old 11-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #962
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
If you don't want people to "shoot the messenger", then maybe you should actually act like a messenger, instead of putting your entire SHH existence on this supposed information that isn't even yours.

Because as "bad" as I'm apparently going to look should this prove true (which I won't "look bad", I'm merely not blindly believing someone who has no evidence to support their claims - if that's "looking bad" then I don't want to "look good"), you're gonna look even worse if it's wrong.

Because you didn't present this as "this is what I heard" information. You've presented this as "this is 100% what is going to happen and you're wrong if you question it's validity in even the least little bit"

Again, you're making **** up. First off, I never said anyone would look "bad" for not believing me if I end up being right. Second, I clearly said I was told details about the ending (among other things) from a very reliable source. That means that I trust the information, but it's not coming from me, but from someone else. It's been obvious I'm the "messenger" this entire time. I also acknowledge that I could be being fed falsities, and that even if these rumors are legitimate, things can change between then and now. I never played it off to be the gospel, though I do fully believe in this source - but that doesn't mean everyone else has to. I wouldn't spread rumors if I thought it'd end up biting me in the ass in the end.

You don't believe me? That's absolutely fine, but you don't need to constantly chime in by trying to tear me down for doing a service to the fans. You've been an obnoxious troll and I can't see how you've gone without getting a slap on the wrist for it. Good luck keeping it up though, bud.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #963
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

OK, here's the deal:

Quote:
I shockingly don't care. At all. But I don't know what you could expect me to back it up with when I was told under the confidence I'd keep their identity safe? Think about it.
And because you can't back up your sources, people have the right not to believe you, since all they have is what they're hearing from you.

If your info is real, great. If it's not, expect things to get ugly in a few months. Same goes for anyone posting doubts - either way, one side is going to be thumbing their nose at the other and we don't need that. But constantly posting anonymous scoops is going to keep leading to this argument.

The stuff you've been giving has also been extremely spoilerific. As much as people want to hear about the movie, they don't want the movie spoiled either...and right now, we have people openly discussing what may or may not be the ending and we're getting a bunch of complaints about that.

Right now, I think it's a good time to ease off on this stuff. People should be able to discuss the movie here without being told if they're right or wrong without anything solid to back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

And you've made your point on this repeatedly now, so it's time to ease off on the subject as well. You have no way of proving whether or not all this stuff is true, so the constant accusations hold about as much weight as the movie rumors do at this point in time.

Does that work for everyone?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #964
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

It works, I just never claimed it to be fact. I've only expressed my opinion that it's something I believe. But I don't doubt it could be different. I just don't see where I've tried to press it as fact. Others have, indeed, but not me.

It's all good, though, dany.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #965
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It works, I just never claimed it to be fact. I've only expressed my opinion that it's something I believe. But I don't doubt it could be different. I just don't see where I've tried to press it as fact. Others have, indeed, but not me.

It's all good, though, dany.
I'm not taking sides in this either way, as I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague. But right now this whole thing is being more disruptive than helpful.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #966
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

This is why we should've never taken down the spoiler/ non-spoiler forum arrangements. I understand why we (well, "they" as the current Hype Staff) did it but some of these users really shouldn't be together in here. Discussing spoileriffic info is a pleasure for some members--but there's nowhere to go now to really indulge without someone crying bloody war.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #967
icekid
Side-Kick

It dawned on me today, what if they took and X-Men:Evolution route in the sense that
they go with the rumored ending with a voiceover from Xavier talking about how they still had their fair share of hardships (Magneto being an enemy, Phoenix, Sinister, Apocalypse, Sentinels returning here or there, Styker ect) but they made it through, leading to said rumored 2023 ending. This leaves all those stories to be told by the FC cast. I think it'll be a nice way to tie things up without necessarily closing the book on this X-Men film incarnation.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #968
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
5-10 movies with the OT cast is most certainly not going to happen.

What actor would want to do an additional 5-10 movies ON TOP of the four they've already done before (six if you're talking about Hugh).
We are already getting the 4th film featuring the OT cast. So if you really think this is the last film featuring the OT cast, then sure 5to 10 movies with the cast is most certainly not going to happen.

And I do think if these actors were given a 3 to 8 picture-deal, some of them would have accepted the offer. Anna Paquin managed to do 6 seasons of True Blood (of course if she's given a chance to appear in more X-Men movies, she would say yes. Ian McKellen managed to do six-LOTR films. Shawn Ashmore and Daniel Cudmore are definitely going to say yes. Patrick Stewart had a cameo in the Wolverine movies and he was also a voice-actor in some X-Men videogames. Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for more than 5 times, maybe he won't comeback for the 10th time but still. The rest, who knows. Maybe if they are all content with their careers and they want to move away from the X-Men franchise then so be it. But as of right now, except for Alan Cumming, it looks like everybody (even the cast members who weren't asked to return for DOFP) are willing to return in future movies.

Here's the count for the appearances of the OT cast in all X-Men movies (including DOFP

7- Hugh Jackman
6- Patrick Stewart
5- Ian McKellen
4- Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn
3- Daniel Cudmore, James Marsden
2- Ellen Page, Aaron Stanford

I wouldn't be shocked if in the next 2 to 5 years, we would be talking about these actors returning for another X-Men movie.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-13-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #969
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I have a feeling whenever they do reboot, a fair amount of posters are going to practically boycott the film with their obsession over the OT cast.
Hmm it depends on quality of the film. I haven't boycotted any franchise because of the reboot so if one day they rebooted the X-Men, I'm definitely gonna watch it and not hope for the worse.

Quote:
Well, I personally am not watching any of the Garfield/Webb movies in theatres. Seems they are just rehashing the same elements. Thanks but no thanks. I don't like reboots either, and don't think one is completely necessary for X-Men, but if they go in that direction, I'd still let it play out, because I love the series.
Using elements from the Raimi trilogy is not even my issue about the film. The reboot was just not very good.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #970
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
We are already getting the 4th film featuring the OT cast. So if you really think this is the last film featuring the OT cast, then sure 5to 10 movies with the cast is most certainly not going to happen.

And I do think if these actors were given a 3 to 8 picture-deal, some of them would have accepted the offer. Anna Paquin managed to do 6 seasons of True Blood (of course if she's given a chance to appear in more X-Men movies, she would say yes. Ian McKellen managed to do six-LOTR films. Shawn Ashmore and Daniel Cudmore are definitely going to say yes. Patrick Stewart had a cameo in the Wolverine movies and he was also a voice-actor in some X-Men videogames. Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for more than 5 times, maybe he won't comeback for the 10th time but still. The rest, who knows. Maybe if they are all content with their careers and they want to move away from the X-Men franchise then so be it. But as of right now, except for Alan Cumming, it looks everybody (even the cast members who aren't asked to return) are willing to return in future movies.

Here's the count for the appearances of the OT cast in all X-Men movies (including DOFP

7- Hugh Jackman
6- Patrick Stewart
5- Ian McKellen
4- Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn
3- Daniel Cudmore, James Marsden
2- Ellen Page, Aaron Stanford

I wouldn't be shocked if in the next 2 to 5 years, we would be talking about these actors returning for another X-Men movie.
I would be shocked if this franchise isn't totally rebooted in the next 2-5 years. Honestly. This cast is going away guys. I just have a feeling that DoFP is going to rock this entire series in a way to tell more stories about these same characters, but in a different time frame and with new actors.

C'mon. It's time for Christ's sake.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #971
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I don't know if I would boycott an X-Men reboot, just because I'm enough of an X-Men fan to watch it.

But I probably won't sit on the Hype anticipating it, or make huge plans for a midnight showing or anything else. The day X-Men reboots is the day I stop having an emotional investment in the series, as it will be obvious that the series will no longer be treated with credibility.

Only reboot I've seen in theaters is the Nolan Batman trilogy because that's the exception to the rule, and Casino Royale because I don't consider it anything close to a reboot.

I have happily not seen Incredible Hulk, Man of Steel, Amazing Spiderman, Total Recall, Star Trek, or any other reboot in theaters, and I will be happily adding Amazing Spiderman 2, RoboCop, the eventual Terminator reboot, Batman v. Superman, the eventual Fantastic 4 reboot to my reboot boycott. And I couldn't feel happier for it.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #972
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Back in 2006, people kept saying that its impossible for Fox to reunite the original cast for a 4th X-Men film and we wouldn't get a sequel to X3. Where are those people now

Just look at these threads for example:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=274181

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=323855

Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #973
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Inless the rumored ending Is true
and the contunity of trilogy and wolverine films are erased by time travel
then there Isn't going to
be a Batman begins,Casino Royale,Amazing spider-man type of reboot.Now
there could be a
Star Trek type like J.J. Abrams did where some would agrue most of past film are stil relvent

Plus there will be another wolverine film In 2016 or 2017
Although granted it will be set In new timeline If that Is what happens at end of DOFP

The big event film that Is DOFP would never have been possable If filmakers
would have listened to some online.

I don't understand they obsession some had even before rumored ending with
push reboot with DOFP coming.That's like wanting film to fail.

Hollywood Is way too reboot crazy.It's clear no film series will ever go as long as james Bond films did before they went with unneccsary reboot.X-Men going to at least 7 films Is a rarety.Most go 3 films and then reboot.

I used to do marathons of bond films to get ready for new bond films.Now even though the contunity was loose between films I still did It.Now I can't do It since most of films are ilrelvent to new films since the reboot.You will have 6 films,if you want to Include origins,to watch to prepare for DOFP.But if some had their way none of those films would be relvent to new X-Men films.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #974
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Just because some movies are being "erased", it doesn't mean the next movie should/will start in the 70s.

If DOFP does very well at the box-office, don't you think Fox won't consider bringing the OT cast for a 5th film?

The most important thing to Fox is money and they are a business company. They don't just make movies for art and creativity. Of course they would want to maintain the success that they will get from DOFP. They would be alienating casual viewers if the next film is set in the past again, and majority of DOFP's cast are gone.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-13-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #975
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Why would the main trilogy cast come back if their entire existence and character progression has been wiped from continuity?

"X-Men 5! Where everything that came before this movie never happened, but still come and be invested in these characters anyways even though they no longer have a history!"

Closed Thread