The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #401
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 18,039
Default Re: The Falcon

They need a black guy. The Defenders are already starting right out of the gate with Luke Cage.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, AKA Jessica Jones
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #402
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,869
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
They need a black guy. The Defenders are already starting right out of the gate with Luke Cage.
It's one of my issues with Marvel Studios in that they need a minority in the Avengers. I believe that they will fix this problem, I just don't know how they will do it, when they will do it or with who.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #403
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 18,039
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
It's one of my issues with Marvel Studios in that they need a minority in the Avengers. I believe that they will fix this problem, I just don't know how they will do it, when they will do it or with who.

If Falcon isn't in AoU, then it should definitely be T'Challa in TA3.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, AKA Jessica Jones
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #404
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,869
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If Falcon isn't in AoU, then it should definitely be T'Challa in TA3.
I will be shocked if T'Challa isn't one of the phase 3 movies. I don't think we'll see a female led movie, but a minority led movie should be a high priority and BP should be the guy.....

unless they decide to cast a Hispanic actor as Dr. Strange.

And then if the rumors of Rashida Jones as Wasp are true, we may see her in Avengers 3.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #405
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,574
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
"punked"?
Yeah. He lands, one of the extremis-people touches him, he falls over.

Later he emerges from the armor and gets knocked the hell out 2 seconds later.

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #406
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,867
Default Re: The Falcon

Then he fights two extremis dudes with nothing but a gun and saves the president

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #407
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,853
Default Re: The Falcon

I suspect that Rhodes being a better hero outside the armor than inside was the point. Possibly as connected to the whole rebranding into Iron Patriot, on a symbolic level.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #408
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 6,058
Default Re: The Falcon

I hope falcon gets to have some cool fight scenes.

Hypestyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #409
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,287
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I hope falcon gets to have some cool fight scenes.
The bit in the trailer where Falcon takes a reverse swan dive off a Helicarrier while shooting two pistols at a Quinjet is already one of the most badass moments in any Marvel film. And CATWS hasn't even come out yet.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #410
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 21,375
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Then he fights two extremis dudes with nothing but a gun and saves the president
Yeah but all those scenes were set to Yakety Sax.

__________________
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #411
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I will be shocked if T'Challa isn't one of the phase 3 movies. I don't think we'll see a female led movie, but a minority led movie should be a high priority and BP should be the guy.....

unless they decide to cast a Hispanic actor as Dr. Strange.

And then if the rumors of Rashida Jones as Wasp are true, we may see her in Avengers 3.
Um, as much as I agree the films certainly need more POC, why is that any more important than having more females?

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #412
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,869
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Um, as much as I agree the films certainly need more POC, why is that any more important than having more females?
Because I think DC will have their female led movie first.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #413
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 61,601
Default Re: The Falcon

Or kill two token minority birds with one stone and stick Misty Knight in there.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #414
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,869
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Or kill two token minority birds with one stone and stick Misty Knight in there.
I think she'll be in Defenders. Misty was never an Avenger and the only real connection she had to the Avengers was when Tony Stark made her bionic arm.

She could easily be the connection between the MCU and the Defenders.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #415
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,441
Default Re: The Falcon

Well, Misty and Iron Fist have a connection, and she's worked with DD, JJ, and Luke before. So I think that it's quite possible that she'll show up in one of the Netflix shows, or perhaps multiple ones. As for the whole "is it more important to have more minority characters or female characters." I would argue that they're EQUALLY important. We have one prominent female superhero (BW) now with one more appearing in AOU (Scarlet Witch) and one woman who's not a superhero, but still in a position of some authority (Maria Hill). We have one prominent minority superhero (WM/IP) with one more appearing in TWS (Falcon) and one non-superhero minority character in a position of authority (Nick Fury). Yeah, Marvel needs to work on both of these.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #416
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,869
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Well, Misty and Iron Fist have a connection, and she's worked with DD, JJ, and Luke before. So I think that it's quite possible that she'll show up in one of the Netflix shows, or perhaps multiple ones. As for the whole "is it more important to have more minority characters or female characters." I would argue that they're EQUALLY important. We have one prominent female superhero (BW) now with one more appearing in AOU (Scarlet Witch) and one woman who's not a superhero, but still in a position of some authority (Maria Hill). We have one prominent minority superhero (WM/IP) with one more appearing in TWS (Falcon) and one non-superhero minority character in a position of authority (Nick Fury). Yeah, Marvel needs to work on both of these.
Yes but I don't think we'll see Falcon and Rhodey in Age of Ultron.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #417
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Because I think DC will have their female led movie first.
..and your point is?

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #418
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,869
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
..and your point is?
We'll see DC make a female superhero movie before Marvel. They have already cast the actress for it. They haven't even announced if Carol Danvers will be in the MCU, much less have her own solo film.

Also, Black Widow won't get her own solo film. One shot, maybe.

Hell, I think Sony will get their solo female film before Marvel does.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #419
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The Falcon

But surely Marvel should aim to have a female solo film soon too?

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #420
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,869
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
But surely Marvel should aim to have a female solo film soon too?
I hope so. Carol Danvers would be perfect.

The issue though is that she hasn't been mentioned at all by Kevin Feige in regards to Phase 3. It's been Dr. Strange, The Inhumans and to a lesser degree Black Panther.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #421
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,574
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Or kill two token minority birds with one stone and stick Misty Knight in there.
Spectrum would make more sense.

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #422
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,287
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I hope so. Carol Danvers would be perfect.

The issue though is that she hasn't been mentioned at all by Kevin Feige in regards to Phase 3. It's been Dr. Strange, The Inhumans and to a lesser degree Black Panther.
My hope is that Marvel adapts Captain Marvel but it's Monica Rambeau instead of Carol Danvers. Whedon has said that he won't use Danvers because her powers are too "punchy", whereas Monica's powers are far more visually interesting and unique. Plus Monica carried the Captain Marvel name in her own title and led the Avengers decades before Danvers did.


By the way, how did the Falcon thread in the Captain America forum get derailed into the "minority and female characters" discussion? Shouldn't this be in the Misc. Marvel Films and/or The Avengers forum?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #423
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,853
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
We'll see DC make a female superhero movie before Marvel. They have already cast the actress for it. They haven't even announced if Carol Danvers will be in the MCU, much less have her own solo film.

Also, Black Widow won't get her own solo film. One shot, maybe.

Hell, I think Sony will get their solo female film before Marvel does.
Not seeing it. We've seen DC announce the casting of an actress to play Wonder Woman. . . in a Superman/Batman movie. That's a *long* way away from her starring in her own movie, even if Superman/Batman is any good.

Honestly, the absolute soonest I could see a Wonder Woman movie is 2019, and that is heavily dependent on Gal Gadot getting a good enough reaction to override WB's intrinsic fear of female-led movies.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #424
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The Falcon

I think that's really sad considering females make up half the population

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #425
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Not seeing it. We've seen DC announce the casting of an actress to play Wonder Woman. . . in a Superman/Batman movie. That's a *long* way away from her starring in her own movie, even if Superman/Batman is any good.

Honestly, the absolute soonest I could see a Wonder Woman movie is 2019, and that is heavily dependent on Gal Gadot getting a good enough reaction to override WB's intrinsic fear of female-led movies.
I agree with you, but let's be fair --- WB is far from the only studio with an intrinsic fear of female-led movies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I think that's really sad considering females make up half the population
It's absolutely sad, and beyond stupid; but Hollywood has a self-perpetuating philosophy about female-led movies ---- they think that such movies have no box office, so when the vast majority of these "experiments" fail to make bank, they just say, "see, I toldja so" and refuse to invest in them again.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.