The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 11-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #351
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Your lineup is great and most of them would be my picks. I don't think they'll use Cannonball if they're going for the more stealthy, black-ops tone, he's a bit too loud and bright in my opinion.

Also I'm not sure to whether Fox would have a team of 5 main superheroes made up of 3 women. Not being sexist or anything but It seems unusual for a CBM, although Selene may be the villain and we've never really got a female main villain so it's not impossible

Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #352
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ I agree about the 3 out of 5 women, followed by the possibility of a main female antogonist, being a bit too much. Maybe Shatterstar would be better than Psylocke...

I just know that so many people would like to see Psylocke, so I included her...

Shatterstar would be neat, and would allow Mojo World and Longshot to be explored in the future...

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing X-Force develop into the Fantomex/Dead Pool/X-23 team after it starts as a somewhat New Mutants inspired version (Cannonball and Boom Boom).

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #353
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Winstead would be better, but my preferred choice is still Rooney Mara.
Agreed. I also love this

Psylocke:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #354
Dasher10
Side-Kick

So if Wadlow already sated that his script is done and his lineup is Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Colossus and Psylocke, why do people keep asking for Cannonball and X-23? Why can't the two of them be in the sequel?

I mean, five characters are enough to develop for one movie. There will probably be a sequel so there's little incentive to load the first film up with characters. I'd much rather see the series developed in the right way with four new members for the sequel (Marrow, Fantomex, X-23, Cannonball) and then another three for the third (Elixer, Tabitha, Husk).

Rictor and Angel should be saved for X-Factor.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #355
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
So if Wadlow already sated that his script is done and his lineup is Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Colossus and Psylocke, why do people keep asking for Cannonball and X-23? Why can't the two of them be in the sequel?

I mean, five characters are enough to develop for one movie. There will probably be a sequel so there's little incentive to load the first film up with characters. I'd much rather see the series developed in the right way with four new members for the sequel (Marrow, Fantomex, X-23, Cannonball) and then another three for the third (Elixer, Tabitha, Husk).

Rictor and Angel should be saved for X-Factor.
If there is an X-Factor movie. The only way one happens is if "X-Men" is in front of "X-Factor." I highly doubt that Fox wants to movies to have the exact same title, especially when one of those titles is a movie based on the singing contest.

And Wadlow is only done with his first draft of the script. We don't know who will be a part of the X-Force outside of Cable and Deadpool. Wadlow may be asked to do a second draft or they may even hire different writers to write a second draft. A lineup of Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Colossus and Psylocke is not the final lineup.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #356
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
So if Wadlow already sated that his script is done and his lineup is Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Colossus and Psylocke, why do people keep asking for Cannonball and X-23 ? Why can't the two of them be in the sequel?
Because there are NO offical characters announced.Wadlow was just naming comic characters to prove a point that X-Force has different line ups. He was hinting that its gonna be a mix...
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/07/29...dlow-deadpool/
Quote:
"Look, I'm a huge Deadpool fan," Wadlow told Screen Rant. "Who doesn't love Wolverine – but obviously Cable is an iconic character we haven't seen onscreen yet. I love Psylocke. Domino is an amazing character – it's a long list of characters that have appeared in 'X-Force.' Colossus is in the current lineup [in 'Cable and X-Force']. There's a lot of really exciting characters that you can use in 'X-Force' that have been in other movies, that haven't shown up, or maybe there's ways to re-imagine them, even though they might've shown up in other films."
The only other things with characters being mentioned was Lifeld tweeting its a Cable/Deadpool movie...
Quote:
“I can pretty much eliminate some sites suggestion that the Milligan X-Statix stuff is in the mix. An X-Force film is Cable. Is Deadpool.”
...and we had it confirmed that its about mutants who do not make it to the mansion...
Quote:
'X-Men' is about mutants, and not all the mutants get into the mansion," said Wadlow. "So I'm curious to tell a story about the mutants who don't make it into the mansion."
So that means no Colossus.

Last edited by def28; 11-13-2013 at 02:44 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #357
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ We never saw Cannonball or Boom Boom at the mansion, so the story could easily be these two runaways, young lovers, whatever, who get into some trouble and saved by Cable, Domino and one other.

To me the only way to have Cannonball is to include Boom Boom!

Although I would like to see them get to the point where Deadpool is in, they need to start with an origin, and having Deadpool as a villain would be very cool!

Besides, in all of these types of movies, having youth helps. The idea of young love has been a big storyline in most of these flicks. From Rogue and Bobby to Mystique and Beast, it's very effective. Having Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Colossus, Psylocke and Fantomex would make this nothing more than some X-death squad. Where would the X come from then?

No, having the youthful characters of Cannonball and Boom Boom be guided, protected and trained by the seasoned Cable, Domino and one other (Psylocke, Shatterstar or Feral - for example) would make a great origin line-up. And simply put, if the two were from the mansion the X would make more sense. They could even reference how they are students at Xavier's School, which could lead to Cable and Xavier holding a "discussion" about these students at the end, and the name X-Force could be applied...

Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #358
def28
Side-Kick

Personally, I don't think they will go that route Super Jim, or for youth love to play in an important role here. But who knows. Time will tell.

Many options here, and there is no right or wrong way. All subjective. This won't be set up exactly like the 90s X-Force, New Mutants or UXF. Wadlow is gonna have his own mix of characters and stories from the books.

Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #359
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Personally, I don't think they will go that route Super Jim, or for youth love to play in an important role here. But who knows. Time will tell.

Many options here, and there is no right or wrong way. All subjective. This won't be set up exactly like the 90s X-Force, New Mutants or UXF. Wadlow is gonna have his own mix of characters and stories from the books.
It will be surprising if Cable and Deadpool are not on the X-Force. Everyone else is fair game though.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #360
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Based on comments of only 5 members of team and mutants not at institue I am
willing to bet 4 out of 5 will be

Cable
Deadpool
Psylocke
Domino

The only way I can see Colossus Is
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The rumored ending of DOFP Is true and In new timeline Colossus was never at Institute

The comments seem to rule Wolverine out.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #361
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Based on comments of only 5 members of team and mutants not at institue I am
willing to bet 4 out of 5 will be

Cable
Deadpool
Psylocke
Domino

The rumored ending of DOFP Is true and In new timeline Colossus was never at Institute

The comments seem to rule Wolverine out.
That and plans are in the works for another Wolverine sequel.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #362
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
It will be surprising if Cable and Deadpool are not on the X-Force. Everyone else is fair game though.
Yeah, I agree. Cable, Domino and Deadpool seem the most likely for leads. No reason those three shouldn't be added.

We also know Fox were planning solos with a few characters who were more then likely X-Froce members and that Wadlow changed their mind and said they should be a team. Good chance the solos metioned were Deadpool and Cable films. Makes perfect sense why they would want those two in the same film.

Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #363
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. Cable, Domino and Deadpool seem the most likely for leads. No reason those three shouldn't be added. We know Fox were planning solos with a few characters who were more then likely X-Froce members and that Wadlow changed their mind and said they should be a team. Good chance the solos metioned were Deadpool and Cable films.
I think Domino is a near lock as is Psylocke. Not sure about the fifth member though.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #364
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Domino is a near lock as is Psylocke. Not sure about the fifth member though.
Yeah, my guess would be Boom Boom or Fantomex. Or maybe a not so popular X-Force member so they can kill someone, and no one will care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I really don't think DOFP will take time to explain Colossus is not a member in the Alt future. Dude can barely get a line in the series. Im sure he will still be present at the school.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #365
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
Yeah, my guess would be Boom Boom or Fantomex. Or maybe a not so popular X-Force member so they can kill someone, and no one will care.

I really don't think DOFP will take time to explain Colossus is not a member in the Alt future. Dude can barely get a line in the series. Im sure he will still be present at the school.
I'm thinking either Boom Boom or Shatterstar.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #366
def28
Side-Kick

I could see Shatterstar, his power may not be cool enough if they already have Deadpool though. They have some similar powers and weapons goen on.

Only reason I think they would add Fantomex is if Psylockes involved. Since Wadlows an UXF fan those two are pretty much the stand outs there. Miss direction and EVA could look cool on screen too. Boom Boom also has a cool visual power we haven't seen yet. If they go by other X flick choices it may be about having a power contrast.

Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #367
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Since it's only the first draft, the lineup can easily change multiple times.

I think if this film is successful enough, we may see Cable and Deadpool spinoffs. Hey, they got to have a plan for when Hugh Jackman hangs up the claws for good.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #368
def28
Side-Kick

Definitely. They can have a pretty solid line up.

Deadpool flick still in the mix allegedly. Think I heard the Director Tim Miller filmed the Prologue in Thor 2. Pretty cool if true. That guy seems to know comic flicks and action pretty well.

Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #369
kasjan
Side-Kick

If this leads to Apocalypse:
Cable and Archangel are must.
Other three:
Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #370
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ First, Cable and Domino are automatics. If they are not doing the New Mutants version of X-Force, (and even if they are) then Cable is the main guy and Domino is also a must.

Deadpool is an interesting one. For the GA it would be a big leap to go from what we saw in Origins to Deadpool being some joking, breaking the fourth wall character on the good side. He is the Merc with a Mouth and needs to be shown as such. That means, at least for one movie, he would make a good bad guy. That gets him in the flick, which everyone wants, makes him important, plays into him being a merc, which could all lead to him joining the team in #2. So I would rather not see Deadpool on the team in X-Force #1.

From there there are two ways to go. One is with a more current line-up, with Fantomex and characters like X-23. But for the GA these would come off odd. They are much less known than others, but more importantly, they are dark, just like Cable, Domino and Deadpool. A team of 5 brooding, dark, anti-heros will not be good.

That is why we need the lighter side of things. Cannonball and Boom Boom bring this, IMO. It also brings in youth, which I believe is vitol for the X-movies. Remember, these flicks are not Avengers where you have a bunch of established (and mostly known) characters, that were all developed in other movies, fighting an alien invasion. The youthful side of the team needs to be explored.

So, if it is Cable and Domino (pretty much a must), and they make what I think is the right choice of including youth (Cannonball and Boom Boom), then whose the fifth? It could be Psylocke, but 3 girls on the team, with the likely female antogonist, might be asking for too much. Would Psylocke come off too much like Domino?

So Shatterstar would be pretty cool and the backstory could be explored (Longshot anyone?).

Colossus might work, but I guess the question is why?

Feral would be very different, but again, another female.

The more I think about it, the more I like the fifth being Shatterstar, with Deadpool as a hired merc put in their way.

Apocalypse should be a villain for the X-Men team, though it could (and should) have crossovers from X-Force, etc.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #371
Dr. Evil
Bishop

I think it should be Shatterstar that is the fifth option, but I think it depends on how Jeff Wadlow feels about the character. He likes Cable, Domino, Psylocke, Deadpool and Colossus, but that may not be the final lineup.

Shatterstar does add a new element to the X-Men universe: Space.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #372
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
.Deadpool is an interesting one. For the GA it would be a big leap to go from what we saw in Origins to Deadpool being some joking, breaking the fourth wall character on the good side.
Origins Deadpool no longer exists. Its been confirmed by producers, actors, writers etc a billion times. They are going to reintroduce him...

Old 11-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #373
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
The version of Origins Deadpool no longer exists. Its been confirmed by producers, actors, writers etc a billion times. They are going to reintroduce him..
If they plan on reintroducing him, then they don't need Ryan Reynolds.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #374
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they plan on reintroducing him, then they don't need Ryan Reynolds.
They don't need him, but they like him as the character. As do fans. Donner definitely wants to keep him on and get the character down right. If that Deadpool movie happens its cause of Reynolds. He had alot to do with the script and writer/Director selection.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #375
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
They don't need him, but they like him as the character. As do fans. Donner definitely wants to keep him on and get the character down right. If that Deadpool movie happens its cause of Reynolds. He had alot to do with the script and writer/Director selection.
Reynolds does need a major film hit in the worst way.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: