The Dark Elves 17 68.00%
I Like Both Groups the Same 1 4.00%
Neither 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Chitauri vs The Dark Elves

Dark Elves were better characters, less intricate but better overall design in my opinion. It was more inspired.

As for a fire fight, I'm torn. The Dark Elves have the superior weapons it seems, especially those grenades. But the vast number of soldiers the Chitauri have, plus the whales would make things very interesting. I'm thinking the whales would make a huge difference. The only chance to stop them is those grednades and I'm not totally sure they could make that happen while dealing with soldiers on the ground and the chariots.

And don't tell me Kurse could bring the whales down himself. Hulk struggled, and Kurse is nothing like Hulk.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #27
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Dark Elves were better characters, less intricate but better overall design in my opinion. It was more inspired.

As for a fire fight, I'm torn. The Dark Elves have the superior weapons it seems, especially those grenades. But the vast number of soldiers the Chitauri have, plus the whales would make things very interesting. I'm thinking the whales would make a huge difference. The only chance to stop them is those grednades and I'm not totally sure they could make that happen while dealing with soldiers on the ground and the chariots.

And don't tell me Kurse could bring the whales down himself. Hulk struggled, and Kurse is nothing like Hulk.
Watch that scene again, Hulk didn't struggle at all he did it with one rather effortless punch. Yeah his foot slid back a few inches but that's about it and what do you mean Kurse is nothing like Hulk?

Did you not see what Kurse did to Thor, Hulk didn't come close to that plus Kurse was far more intelligent. His punches seemed more powerful than Hulk's did against Thor not to mention Thor's punches didn't budge Kurse while they spun Hulk 360 degrees. Also did you not see how casually Kurse deflected a lighting charged Mjolnir, you honestly can't be serious.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #28
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Watch that scene again, Hulk didn't struggle at all he did it with one rather effortless punch. Yeah his foot slid back a few inches but that's about it and what do you mean Kurse is nothing like Hulk?

Did you not see what Kurse did to Thor, Hulk didn't come close to that plus Kurse was far more intelligent. His punches seemed more powerful than Hulk's did against Thor not to mention Thor's punches didn't budge Kurse while they spun Hulk 360 degrees. Also did you not see how casually Kurse deflected a lighting charged Mjolnir, you honestly can't be serious.
It's posts like this where I tell myself..."Man, it'd be so awesome if we could have ever gotten a scene where Thor and Hulk team up to go up against Kurse and the Abomination".lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #29
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's posts like this where I tell myself..."Man, it'd be so awesome if we could have ever gotten a scene where Thor and Hulk team up to go up against Kurse and the Abomination".lol
How is it too late, it still can happen can it? They could easily have Kurse survive that black hole grenade by saying it just placed him in another dimension.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #30
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I have a theory as to why the Chitauri were like that. I think they're all re-animated dead aliens anyway. I mean just look at them, they look like corpses. And they work for Thanos and we all know about his relationship with death.
I have the same theory. I agree with you that they looked as if they were dead and that, of course, there is a Thanos-Death-connection.

In addition, when Black Widow stabbed a Chitauri (the pilot of the vehicle she took over), no blood came out of the body. Like stabbing a corpse.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
I have the same theory. I agree with you that they looked as if they were dead and that, of course, there is a Thanos-Death-connection.

In addition, when Black Widow stabbed a Chitauri (the pilot of the vehicle she took over), no blood came out of the body. Like stabbing a corpse.
I would guess that they were not supernaturally re-animated like zombies(well, most zombies) but rather like Frankenstein's monster(though probably without being pieced together with body parts from different bodies); by science, albeit advanced alien science. Thus their bodies still have to function based on the laws of science and if you stab one and render their body inoperable then well they're not gonna be able to function.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:

I do need to see TDW again and refresh myself on that fight. But my point was that its not like Hulk was just walking around destroying them completely at will. He killed that one by himself, pulled one down, had help from Thor killing another. And Kurse is only one man. If the Chitauri had sent the whales they had still through the portal, its not like Hulk would've been able to take them all with ease.

I do need to see TDW again and reexamine Kurse. But a part of me is still thinking Hulk could take him. He's virtually indestructible, while, even though Kurse is close to it, he had that blade go through him with ease. Hulk was getting shot with 50 cal bullets and didn't flinch.

I guess I'll have to watch them both again... Darn.... Haha.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #33
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
How is it too late, it still can happen can it? They could easily have Kurse survive that black hole grenade by saying it just placed him in another dimension.
I've considered this. I'd say its just barely possible. . . however, it'd probably require someone actually finding and fetching him to be credible. So, if Thanos comes along with a personally assembled hit team of badness, I'd buy it if one of them was Kurse, who he found on the far side of a black hole, still clinging to something that could be called life, and given new power and purpose. . .

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
I do need to see TDW again and refresh myself on that fight. But my point was that its not like Hulk was just walking around destroying them completely at will. He killed that one by himself, pulled one down, had help from Thor killing another. And Kurse is only one man. If the Chitauri had sent the whales they had still through the portal, its not like Hulk would've been able to take them all with ease.

I do need to see TDW again and reexamine Kurse. But a part of me is still thinking Hulk could take him. He's virtually indestructible, while, even though Kurse is close to it, he had that blade go through him with ease. Hulk was getting shot with 50 cal bullets and didn't flinch.

I guess I'll have to watch them both again... Darn.... Haha.
Well Hulk has yet to be stabbed by an Asgardian or Dark Elf Spear (I dont know which) like Kurse was, it's not like he was stabbed a regular ol run of the mill blade.

That blade was created to fight either Asgardians or Dark Elfs so it only makes sense that it would hurt Kurse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I've considered this. I'd say its just barely possible. . . however, it'd probably require someone actually finding and fetching him to be credible. So, if Thanos comes along with a personally assembled hit team of badness, I'd buy it if one of them was Kurse, who he found on the far side of a black hole, still clinging to something that could be called life, and given new power and purpose. . .

New purpose yes, but I think he already has power in SPADES so that part should stay exactly the same.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 11-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #35
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Eh, given his history in the comic, it wouldn't be inappropriate for Thanos or whoever to give him a power buff, especially if Kurse's role in the movie is "brick to tank the entire expanded and developed Avengers roster."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #36
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Dark Elves. Better source material (classic Simonson run on Thor ), although the Ulimates
series that introduced the Chitauri was pretty good too.

More interesting and powerful weapons, the black hole grenades, cloaking devices, Kurse and of course, the Aether !

A more interesting Aesthetic design to their technology, so that's just an
IMO thing, I liked the look of their spaceships (although the Chitauri space whales
were cool).

And of course the Aether.

In terms of sheer ruthlessness Malekith has to beat the Chitauri, he was willing to sacrifice all his people to wipe out Asgard, without even blinking or getting upset about it.

Also, you blow up the Chitauri mothership and they all drop dead, the Dark Elves would
fade away into the dark and hide for a few 1000 years, and then come back and try to
destroy the 9 realms again.

Now assuming vs means who'd win in a fight. The Chitauri outnumber the Dark Elves, by quite a bit, but the Elves' technology seemed a bit more powerful and versatile. If you add the Aether into that, the Chitauri would not stand a chance.

Got to think, one Asgardian and Iron man + some other characters, took on the Chitauri and kicked their asses. The Dark Elves invaded Asgard itself and tore their way through
a small army of Asgardian warriors, killed the queen, and later Kurse beat up Thor.

So, in terms of fighting efficacy, got to give a big edge to the Elves.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #37
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Gonna have to agree with all of the above.

Spider-Man - Hear what?