The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #26
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 146
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Originally Posted by xeno000
The story of how that scene was originally shot is almost as hilarious as the scene itself.


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Initially, the scene was shot with just Hemsworth and Hiddleston, with Evans and others to be digitally inserted later. Hiddleston was supposed to wear normal Loki gear, but he insisted upon shooting the sequence in Evans' Captain America costume because otherwise he would never get to wear it. So they did it that way, with Hiddles doing an impersonation of Evans as Captain America.

Later on Evans was shown Hiddleston's impression of him before shooting his part. He then did an impersonation of Hiddleston impersonating him. Hiddleston said that Evans' performance was brilliant for that alone, never mind how hilarious he was. The best part is that the footage of Hiddleston impersonating Evans while wearing the Cap uniform is going to be on the Blu-Ray. I cannot wait to see that.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171...-spoiler.jhtml


http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=543
Does this mean... If Tom dressed as Captain America, did Chris dress in Sif's armor? I wonder if he actually dressed as Sif if we will see it on the BluRay...

GriffinSTatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,230
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I didn't like it. I thought it was unnecessary for Loki/Thor to be joking around like that.
Really? I thought it was an accurate depicting of Loki's mischievous side. Thor ended up getting the better of him by placing the hand cuffs on him instead of equipping Loki with a weapon.

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #28
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Giving idiots a roundhouse kick to the head.
Posts: 7,010
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSTatum View Post
Does this mean... If Tom dressed as Captain America, did Chris dress in Sif's armor? I wonder if he actually dressed as Sif if we will see it on the BluRay...
Do I need to see the movie to get this statement?

__________________
- Just never felt I needed to fit in and belong to feel complete. I'd rather be a free thinking person and be my own company instead.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #29
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,215
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Do I need to see the movie to get this statement?
Yes. Otherwise, it will forever remain a mystery to you.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,875
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I didn't like it. I thought it was unnecessary for Loki/Thor to be joking around like that.
Way to be a Debbie Downer.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #31
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,615
Default Re: The Cameo

Loved both Steve Rogers and Stan's Cameo lol

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #32
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,941
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I didn't like it. I thought it was unnecessary for Loki/Thor to be joking around like that.
Yeah,'cause,y'know,Loki would never mess around like that....being the god of mischief and all....

__________________
We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #33
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,230
Default Re: The Cameo

I almost expected him to pull Lady Loki instead it's Sif lol

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #34
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,833
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Yeah,'cause,y'know,Loki would never mess around like that....being the god of mischief and all....
Well, Thor/Loki haven't been in good terms, Frigga was killed and Loki seemed to be mourning about it when we saw Thor talked to Loki. Shape-shifting into different people just seems so unnatural for them to do right after Thor asked for Loki's help. I'm sure you wouldn't joking around right away if you were Thor or Loki.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #35
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,998
Default Re: The Cameo

I didn't find it funny. I was just like, "oh, this movie is trying to be funny again, please, make it stop".

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #36
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade
 
Axl Van Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,648
Default Re: The Cameo

Definitely enjoyed the cameo, but not as much as I might have because some jackass reviewer on the other side of the pond spoiled Cap's appearance for me before the movie came out in North America. It always amazes me how the concept of "spoiler alert" completely eludes so many professional film critics.

I didn't know it would be Loki impersonating Cap though, so you might say I was half-surprised. Very funny cameo in any case.

__________________
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."—Lenin

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #37
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,230
Default Re: The Cameo

I look forward to seeing the blu-ray with Hiddleston in the suit lol

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #38
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,087
Default Re: The Cameo

Haha yeah... I wasn't really wild about the movie but this had to be the best Marvel cameo ever.

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #39
Obi-Ron
Deal with it
 
Obi-Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Flying blind on a rocket cycle
Posts: 12,033
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I didn't like it. I thought it was unnecessary for Loki/Thor to be joking around like that.
The scene established the fact that Loki could change Thor's appearance as well as his own, so it was not a surprise when it happens later (when Thor has apparently lost his hand.)

__________________
Team Superman
Obi-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #40
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,875
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
The scene established the fact that Loki could change Thor's appearance as well as his own, so it was not a surprise when it happens later (when Thor has apparently lost his hand.)
Or Loki appears as Odin.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #41
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,406
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Really? I thought it was an accurate depicting of Loki's mischievous side. Thor ended up getting the better of him by placing the hand cuffs on him instead of equipping Loki with a weapon.
Oh yeah! Not only was it funny, but it was absolutely in character for Loki to taunt Thor. It was damn flawless, IMO!

Best part of Thor for me

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #42
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,406
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well, Thor/Loki haven't been in good terms, Frigga was killed and Loki seemed to be mourning about it when we saw Thor talked to Loki. Shape-shifting into different people just seems so unnatural for them to do right after Thor asked for Loki's help. I'm sure you wouldn't joking around right away if you were Thor or Loki.
Really?

Loki is a trickster god. Kinda his wheelhouse to use that moment to taunt Thor.

It was a funny moment but it was 100% in character for Loki. Using sarcasm and insults and taunts against Thor is absolutely perfect. Remember, Thor had also just told him that he wasn't going to talk about Frigga to him, so what else was he going to do?

Also, have you never read a Thor comic? Loki does this all the time, even when things get emotional for him.

It really was so well executed.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #43
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,742
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Originally Posted by xeno000
The story of how that scene was originally shot is almost as hilarious as the scene itself.


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Initially, the scene was shot with just Hemsworth and Hiddleston, with Evans and others to be digitally inserted later. Hiddleston was supposed to wear normal Loki gear, but he insisted upon shooting the sequence in Evans' Captain America costume because otherwise he would never get to wear it. So they did it that way, with Hiddles doing an impersonation of Evans as Captain America.

Later on Evans was shown Hiddleston's impression of him before shooting his part. He then did an impersonation of Hiddleston impersonating him. Hiddleston said that Evans' performance was brilliant for that alone, never mind how hilarious he was. The best part is that the footage of Hiddleston impersonating Evans while wearing the Cap uniform is going to be on the Blu-Ray. I cannot wait to see that.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171...-spoiler.jhtml


http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=543
I loved this cameo, and after reading the above post i look forward even more to the blu-ray

__________________
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.” Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #44
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,230
Default Re: The Cameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Really?

Loki is a trickster god. Kinda his wheelhouse to use that moment to taunt Thor.

It was a funny moment but it was 100% in character for Loki. Using sarcasm and insults and taunts against Thor is absolutely perfect. Remember, Thor had also just told him that he wasn't going to talk about Frigga to him, so what else was he going to do?

Also, have you never read a Thor comic? Loki does this all the time, even when things get emotional for him.

It really was so well executed.
Word!

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #45
Drakepool
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 472
Default Re: The Cameo

Out of all the funny moments, this definitely got the biggest laughs from the crowds I saw the movie with.

__________________
"No, thank you." - Loki, Thor: The Dark World
Drakepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #46
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,509
Default Re: The Cameo

Best cameo in a cbm since Logan's in FC.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #47
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero
 
Hulk-1700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,167
Default Re: The Cameo

This scene was utterly brilliant. It was one of those moments that just brought back your inner child in an instant & gave you a rush of all those cool sequences you got like that in the actual comics & cartoons.

Plus, it further keeps the MCU connected to constantly reference the other heroes/characters.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #48
T-CLIPSE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 149
Default Re: The Cameo

I thought it was funny, although I think if I could have done the cameo with any Avenger I wanted I would have used Hulk. I would have had Loki turn into Hulk and while walking alongside Thor just have Thor casually sucker punch him into the wall. A kind of payback from Avengers that the audience would have gotten immediately.


Last edited by T-CLIPSE; 03-08-2014 at 06:19 PM.
T-CLIPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #49
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,230
Default Re: The Cameo






The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #50
Lady Marion
Anyone else?
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,359
Default Re: The Cameo

This scene was sooooo great!

__________________
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE: PHASE II


IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY


AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.