Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #101
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
If they are wiping out all films, excluding FC, then I wouldn't be too worried about how XO:W plays into the continuity of DoFP. Especially since Logan has a new mission that might keep him from playing into the events of XO:W.
That would mean no metal claws

Old 11-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #102
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Can someone PM me a link to the screen caps of the set visit posted previously in this thread? It'd be a huge help. I'd do it myself, but I'm on mobile and just typing a post is a pain in the ass. Thanks

Old 11-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #103
xrs13
Cold as ice

but if its like the comics then when Kitty returned to the future her past self didnt know what had happened. It makes sense if wolverine in the past then doesnt know anything. I mean I am looking way too deep into it but one thing in X2 that I found interesting was Magneto talking to wolverine about stryker being the one who gave him the adamantium, almost as if he knew because he was keeping some form of eye over wolverine. That would be cool to see if the fassbender and mcavoy sorta keep an eye on him even if he isnt part of their team after the time travel situation. it would allow cameos of hugh in the fc movies to show his continuity and then still get back in the loop until x1 where it would obviously be all different haha. My mind goes wild sometimes.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #104
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they are wiping out all films, excluding FC, then I wouldn't be too worried about how XO:W plays into the continuity of DoFP. Especially since Logan has a new mission that might keep him from playing into the events of XO:W.
Agreed.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #105
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Bryan Singer has said this Is before wolverine meets Stryker In empire analyis of trailer.
Bryan said only it's not metal. The rest was wrote by writer, not said by Bryan.

If they travel Logan's mind to moment after Stryker recruits brothers, then maybe we should have Victor cameo. Stryker just started to create Team X.Their mission wasn't short. We don't know how many years Logan worked for Stryker, between Vietnam and Nigeria, so they can be anywhere in 1973. Logan could left the team in 1979.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #106
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I don't think Stryker's inclusion is to make a connections to XO:W at all. He creates the glass prison and puts together the mutant military. I can't wait to see how they doll up (or down) Helman to look like Stryker.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #107
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think Stryker's inclusion is to make a connections to XO:W at all. He creates the glass prison and puts together the mutant military. I can't wait to see how they doll up (or down) Helman to look like Stryker.
It might be yo draw connection to X2.I am sure there Is reason Stryker Is In
filmIt's been said there would be references to other films
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
strker being involved with prison after magneto Is captured after floating in paris,draging mystique,and fight with Beast ties Into X-Men and X2.The idea of mutant military would tie into Weapon X.Maybe as a precurser

with regards to Stryker and Wolverine maybe empire article was wrong but if trilogy Is being retconed as having taken place 2012/2013 due to Bryan placing
future as 2023 ten years after last Stand that's creating more contunity errors
not less with how much time happened between Wolverine losing memory and start of trilogy and event of trilogy and Cyclops' age.That Is why despite Bryan's comments of acknowledging all films I am doudting origins' place in
Timeline before the changes caused by time travel mission

Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #108
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Timelines mean nothing to me. The only film that's set in a specific year is X-Men: First Class. I really don't care if ages don't match up perfectly, or if it wasn't exactly 15 years before the trilogy that Stryker and Wolverine met. That sort of stuff doesn't count as a significant continuity error.

Singer may or may not be specifically tying his timeline to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but it certainly sounds like he's at least taking that film into consideration when determining his own storyline.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #109
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I don't know about that.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #110
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know about that.
agreed.

Look If they want to take Origins Into account.Fine so be it.

But there are logicil reasons to doudt it.Josh Helman does not resemble the age of Danny Huston who played Strker In Origins susposly set In 1970's.However If you assume X2 took place retoactivly In early 2010's then Hellman would fit as young Brain Cox.Remember everything In past of DOFP till Wolverine departs from "History" after
mindswitch Is actully which lead to trilogy+The Wolverine.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #111
Great Mind(s)
Broken

As far as I'm concerned, Origins wasn't part of the franchise canon. It already contradicts things about X2 so Singer has every right to contradict it back.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #112
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Yeah, it was the one film in the series that defied established continuity for no reason. I can understand why FC had to, but a lot of XO:W's contradictions just weren't necessary. Even Hugh politely acts like he's not a fan of it.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #113
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

And what exactly did Origins contradict?

Just because the procedure didn't play out exactly as the X2 flashbacks doesn't mean it contradicted it.

And I couldnt care less if Helman looks like Huston. Its called a recast. It's nothing more than that. Ellen Page doesn't resemble X2 Kitty but that wasn't a tossing out of continuity.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #114
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Vaughn wanted to only do a prequel to to x1 and x2 but give I give him credit for remaking the scene from X1 incredibly well

It's something origins didn't wanna do

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-15-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #115
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, it was the one film in the series that defied established continuity for no reason. I can understand why FC had to, but a lot of XO:W's contradictions just weren't necessary. Even Hugh politely acts like he's not a fan of it.
Yeah, he did an interview this week where he said was cool with the interviewer referring to the upcoming possible sequel as "Wolverine 2".

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/...ript-is-right/

Quote:
Are you coming back for ‘The Wolverine 2′ with Mangold?

I love that you said “Wolverine 2″ because I suppose this one on DVD is the second Wolverine, but I always think of it as a new start as “The Wolverine,” so thank you for saying that. What we’ve done is we’ve all agreed to work on a script to get it up again. None of us have signed on until we have something great. None of us want to do it unless it is better, basically. It’s got to keep getting better in my view. So I’m really happy with this movie and if we can’t do better then I’ll be happy to leave it at that.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #116
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Yes - I love how Jackman is so professional in his clear disdain/dislike for Origins. So many actors (and people in general) can learn from him.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #117
kasjan
Side-Kick

So what Helman doesn't look exactly like Huston at begin of Origins. Fassbender in future movie won't look exactly like McKellen with makeup at begin of X3. Casting and makeup isn't perfect, but we know who's that. Ages and periods of time doesn't perfectly fit, but it can be explained. This is how I see it, sorry for my English.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #118
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Yes - I love how Jackman is so professional in his clear disdain/dislike for Origins. So many actors (and people in general) can learn from him.
Yeah, he pretty much says what everyone's thinking without putting anyone who worked on it down, which isn't necessary.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #119
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Yeah, he pretty much says what everyone's thinking without putting anyone who worked on it down, which isn't necessary.
It's the same way some of the others talk about X3. They politely show their dislike for it.

It's nice to know it's not just the majority of the fans who recognize the quality lacking in these two movies.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #120
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
And what exactly did Origins contradict?

Just because the procedure didn't play out exactly as the X2 flashbacks doesn't mean it contradicted it.

And I couldnt care less if Helman looks like Huston. Its called a recast. It's nothing more than that. Ellen Page doesn't resemble X2 Kitty but that wasn't a tossing out of continuity.
I thought Ellen Page does look like Kitty from X2 actually, in the brief shot you see of her.

Yeah the Weapon X situation. X2 didn't have to spell things out for us that this is where Wolverine loses his memory. It was part of X1-X2. "He will have no memory" ...they added that line into Origins just to try to maintain continuity but this time he gets shot with a bullet to the skull. Ridiculous. And on top of that, X2 again not needing to spell it out for us implied that Wolverine was the weapon not just part of the Deadpool thing. Even more ridiculous. They took creative liberties obviously and wrote around everything that was solidified as 100% canon, ignoring and rewriting what was implied so that they could pump it out fast and have it sell to teens.

It was a big F you to Weapon X. Why? Well because Hugh Jackman is a nice guy and Wolverine is now a nice guy. He doesn't like violence. He stops Creed from killing people. The writers needed to make Logan more of a hero and not a villain, not the animal he was supposed to be. So he's rewritten to be a victim, not the weapon we all knew from the comic. He was neutered.

So even if another film acknowledges Origins as canon, I refuse to. X2 was all the back story we needed on the subject. He threw his dogtags in the snow and we should have moved on from it.

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 11-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #121
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It's the same way some of the others talk about X3. They politely show their dislike for it.
Uh Oh

*quickly leaves forum*

Old 11-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #122
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Slow clap for Jackman. It's not just the money.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #123
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

Old 11-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #124
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I thought Ellen Page does look like Kitty from X2 actually, in the brief shot you see of her.

Yeah the Weapon X situation. X2 didn't have to spell things out for us that this is where Wolverine loses his memory. It was part of X1-X2. "He will have no memory" ...they added that line into Origins just to try to maintain continuity but this time he gets shot with a bullet to the skull. Ridiculous. And on top of that, X2 again not needing to spell it out for us implied that Wolverine was the weapon not just part of the Deadpool thing. Even more ridiculous. They took creative liberties obviously and wrote around everything that was solidified as 100% canon, ignoring and rewriting what was implied so that they could pump it out fast and have it sell to teens.

It was a big F you to Weapon X. Why? Well because Hugh Jackman is a nice guy and Wolverine is now a nice guy. He doesn't like violence. He stops Creed from killing people. The writers needed to make Logan more of a hero and not a villain, not the animal he was supposed to be. So he's rewritten to be a victim, not the weapon we all knew from the comic. He was neutered.

So even if another film acknowledges Origins as canon, I refuse to. X2 was all the back story we needed on the subject. He threw his dogtags in the snow and we should have moved on from it.
Thats not what I asked though. I asked how Origins contradicted X2 and none of that is a contradiction. Its one man's subjective opinion about the film.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #125
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Thats not what I asked though. I asked how Origins contradicted X2 and none of that is a contradiction. Its one man's subjective opinion about the film.
First off, I'm glad you can recognize when others are being subjective.

This film was based off of X1 and X2's flashbacks and details given by Stryker. Not only did Stryker look nothing like his same-time counterpart in X2, Sabretooth was absolutely nothing like his X1 counterpart in appearance or character. Adamantium, as we knew from pervious films and said directly by Stryker himself is indestructible when cooled and solidified, and was proven when Wolverine fought Deathstryke. That was thrown out the window with the adamantium bullet. In X2, Stryker said he gave Logan claws, suggesting he had no bone claws, but he did in this movie. He also told Logan that he was an animal before the procedure, when in Origins, he was really quite the softie. Cyclops' abilities were improperly displayed - in X1, we saw that the optic beams hit the ruby quartz directly and constantly, but in this film, he wore a pair of assumed ruby quartz shades that were open on the sides and transparent, clearly showing there was no constant flow of optic blasts. Plus, they displayed it as a fire/heat-inducing laser (both when he was attacked by Victor and when his ability was used by Deadpool,) when that has never - even in the comics - been what his optic beams are. And since when was Stryker's base a very large waterfall's height above sea level when it was very specifically below ground in X2?

Those are just some of the things I've recalled off the top of my head.

Closed Thread