The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #426
spider,man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 3

The invisible cloak thing is true but so far all they have come up with is just a small piece of fabric. Those in the vidoes are just possibilities of what we could do with it. Right now they re still working on making the fabric large enough to cover millitary vechs.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #427
spider14
Newbie First Class

Okay the video kind of made most of it look real and it looked like it was the actual cloak in use ....my bad

Last edited by spider14; 11-06-2013 at 10:53 PM. Reason: sorry I messed up
Old 11-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #428
spider14
Newbie First Class

so, I'm kind of bored anyone have any progress with the shooter ?
oh and by the way I'll share my ideas soon , I just need to make sure my shooter/formula works before I post everything. I mean sure I'm not as smart as White Widow but I do have idea's. and also I hear you Hii I have questions too
really I used to wonder how in the world does a solenoid valve work it drove me crazy but now I know. so the only way to find a solution to a problem is to ask a question is it after all science. o and I think I'll just build solenoid valve myself since I hear they're bulky and everything cause I just don't do bulky stuff on my wrist.

Last edited by spider14; 11-09-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: messed up
Old 11-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #429
spider,man
Side-Kick

Not advisable to build your own solenoid. Cus it has to be compleately airtight

Old 11-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #430
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider14 View Post
so, I'm kind of bored anyone have any progress with the shooter ?
oh and by the way I'll share my ideas soon , I just need to make sure my shooter/formula works before I post everything. I mean sure I'm not as smart as White Widow but I do have idea's. and also I hear you Hii I have questions too
really I used to wonder how in the world does a solenoid valve work it drove me crazy but now I know. so the only way to find a solution to a problem is to ask a question is it after all science. o and I think I'll just build solenoid valve myself since I hear they're bulky and everything cause I just don't do bulky stuff on my wrist.
Are you using the solenoid valve to hold pressure or your formula

Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #431
spider14
Newbie First Class

I would think both my formula and the pressure
I thought the formula goes inside like a co2 canister then I pressurize it . and about the solenoid valve couldn't you just use small and really strong electromagnets that are like stuck together until the trigger buttons are pressed then they open releasing the formula. (Just an idea) but it's not like I'm building it right now I wish I was but I just been super busy with school lately so I can't yet.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #432
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would think both my formula and the pressure
I thought the formula goes inside like a co2 canister then I pressurize it . and about the solenoid valve couldn't you just use small and really strong electromagnets that are like stuck together until the trigger buttons are pressed then they open releasing the formula. (Just an idea) but it's not like I'm building it right now I wish I was but I just been super busy with school lately so I can't yet.
yea you could but it would be hard to build with electrmagnets Theirs a few ways to build them though

Old 11-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #433
spider14
Newbie First Class

oh, well how would someone make them?

Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #434
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
oh, well how would someone make them?
Well idk about the electromagnet ones but just an ordanary solenoid valves are easy to make.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #435
spider14
Newbie First Class

I do like easy to make..... and I just realized something I'm not a superhero
(I'm sure of that) but I don't want to depend on batteries I mean the worst case scenario I'm using it and it just fails so I think I'll try to use just a regular lever to release the formula it might be cheaper and easier anyway. cause I don't want my shooter to take up too much space on my wrist cause I want the web canisters to take up like most of my arm so there's no room for batteries.

Last edited by spider14; 11-27-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: messed up
Old 11-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #436
Iron Symbiote
Newbie First Class

hey guys so I've been working on making my own web shooters for a little over a year now and I've toyed with several different ideas and have read just about every idea anyone here has had but i wanted to get some thoughts on using this design: but with smaller and more powerful motors and a weight at the end of the thread for range, then make the "web" retractable into the shooter. no hassle with web formulas and fluid capacity, no gas canisters or valves, just a rechargeable battery and some motors. I have a design worked out but I wanted criticisms before I attempt to build it. and if anyone happens to know how much range i could get from two (Great Planes RimFire 200 18-06-2400 Outrunner Brushless Motor GPMG4455) motors or how I could figure it out it would be appreciated.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #437
Elxiah
Side-Kick

by web do you mean a rope? or actual homemade webfluid?

Old 12-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #438
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Symbiote View Post
hey guys so I've been working on making my own web shooters for a little over a year now and I've toyed with several different ideas and have read just about every idea anyone here has had but i wanted to get some thoughts on using this design: but with smaller and more powerful motors and a weight at the end of the thread for range, then make the "web" retractable into the shooter. no hassle with web formulas and fluid capacity, no gas canisters or valves, just a rechargeable battery and some motors. I have a design worked out but I wanted criticisms before I attempt to build it. and if anyone happens to know how much range i could get from two (Great Planes RimFire 200 18-06-2400 Outrunner Brushless Motor GPMG4455) motors or how I could figure it out it would be appreciated.
What are the motors for retracting it?

Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #439
Iron Symbiote
Newbie First Class

By web I do mean rope so that each shot would not "cost" anything and to retract this line I would use high speed vibration motors like those found inside of a phone.. Very small and effective. Also I'd like to have a weight at the end of the rope so it flys farther but also a line past the weight so it would wrap around an object on impact.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #440
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
By web I do mean rope so that each shot would not "cost" anything and to retract this line I would use high speed vibration motors like those found inside of a phone.. Very small and effective. Also I'd like to have a weight at the end of the rope so it flys farther but also a line past the weight so it would wrap around an object on impact.
how would you fire it what would be your power?

Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #441
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Are you planning on using the Great Planes RimFire 200 18-06-2400 Outrunner Brushless Motor GPMG4455 to shoot it? or retract because it seems like your trying to do both

Old 12-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #442
Iron Symbiote
Newbie First Class

I was thinking use two of the great planes rim fires as motors to propel the weighted line in a way similar to baseball launchers or hotwheels car tracks and then have a separate vibration motor reel the line back into the shooter

Old 12-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #443
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was thinking use two of the great planes rim fires as motors to propel the weighted line in a way similar to baseball launchers or hotwheels car tracks and then have a separate vibration motor reel the line back into the shooter
I dont think that will give you the power you need but idk i havent tried it but i dont think you will get a far shot with that but it would work matter on what your using it for you can get an adhesive at the tip to stick to objects

Old 12-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #444
Iron Symbiote
Newbie First Class

The power is the issue.. I wish I knew how to do the math to see just how far a weight with line attached would fly before having to spend the money on it but those were the strongest motors I could find to fit the size requirements that would allow me to wear the device at all times.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #445
Elxiah
Side-Kick

If you're attempting to make something to swing like spider-man, not to crush your hopes, but it's impossible to do unless you have a body like spider-man. Other than that, even an Olympic athlete couldn't. Now, if you're trying to make something similar to batman's grappling hook, this is completely possible! The only problem is that its expensive and big. The military currently has the smallest motor winch system to pull you up, and it's about the size of a large lunch box. It's also very heavy and uses a lot of power, so there is still a lot of work being done on it. There is also another version on the market, but its even more heavy and needs to be plugged in to a wall to work. You also have to connect it to your waist for fastest use, or you can do something similar to the way batman and robin used to climb in his old TV show with Adam West, but I don't think you want that. If your connected it straight to your arm, while it is also very heavy, to have all of that weight on your arm would rip it off, or the winch would slip off and go without you, causing you to fall to your death. To make your weight shoot out in the way you want it too, a motor will not work. Baseball cannons wouldn't have the required power, and those things (minus the hopper) are pretty big. Luckily, scientists and the good people of the internet have already solved this problem years ago! CO2 is definitely the best way, and it's not very expensive. However, if that's not the way you want it, the next best thing is spring loaded. This wouldn't be as powerful, and your would have to be pretty strong to reload it.

The way I see it, the best possible grappling hook your could make would be a gun, spring or CO2 powered, that would shoot out your hook, which is connected to your rope. Once you fire and let it hit something, your put your feet on the wall with your hands on the rope, and start walking up the side of the building. This is slow but its the most practical way.

For a look at experimental firearm power on the subject, check out what BYU did on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwFTYtMfJ7U

Well, that's my own scientific approach to you're situation. I hope I helped! Feel free to ask any questions!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #446
Iron Symbiote
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elxiah View Post
If you're attempting to make something to swing like spider-man, not to crush your hopes, but it's impossible to do unless you have a body like spider-man. Other than that, even an Olympic athlete couldn't. Now, if you're trying to make something similar to batman's grappling hook, this is completely possible! The only problem is that its expensive and big. The military currently has the smallest motor winch system to pull you up, and it's about the size of a large lunch box. It's also very heavy and uses a lot of power, so there is still a lot of work being done on it. There is also another version on the market, but its even more heavy and needs to be plugged in to a wall to work. You also have to connect it to your waist for fastest use, or you can do something similar to the way batman and robin used to climb in his old TV show with Adam West, but I don't think you want that. If your connected it straight to your arm, while it is also very heavy, to have all of that weight on your arm would rip it off, or the winch would slip off and go without you, causing you to fall to your death. To make your weight shoot out in the way you want it too, a motor will not work. Baseball cannons wouldn't have the required power, and those things (minus the hopper) are pretty big. Luckily, scientists and the good people of the internet have already solved this problem years ago! CO2 is definitely the best way, and it's not very expensive. However, if that's not the way you want it, the next best thing is spring loaded. This wouldn't be as powerful, and your would have to be pretty strong to reload it.

The way I see it, the best possible grappling hook your could make would be a gun, spring or CO2 powered, that would shoot out your hook, which is connected to your rope. Once you fire and let it hit something, your put your feet on the wall with your hands on the rope, and start walking up the side of the building. This is slow but its the most practical way.

For a look at experimental firearm power on the subject, check out what BYU did on it:

Well, that's my own scientific approach to you're situation. I hope I helped! Feel free to ask any questions!
I think you misunderstand my intentions. I have seen the grappling tech the military is using and even the video you've posted and while I find it interesting I realize it will be several years before this technology would even be capable of being the size of batmans grappling gun much less the 3x5 inch bounds of my wrist. I'm not looking to make anything that would allow me to swing from building to building or even pull a can to me from across the room, I want very little more than the toy I posted above, just a smaller and better version. And while gas propulsion would be the most efficient method of projecting the wire given my size requirements it isn't worth the trouble given manufacturing of gas canisters and the few shots they would be able to hold each. As far as spring power I did at a time look to making a gearbox similar to a standard electric airsoft gun which looked promising but I didn't have calculations as to how effective it would be and would rather keep the design as simple as possible. Given all this I figure the toy I posted had the most efficient method of projection for my needs and size requirements. All I really need out of the device is that it be able to shoot a weighted strand more than a few yards and then retract the line (without any extra weight on the line) and be ready to fire again while being small enough to be easily shrugged off if it was noticed, having whoever has seen it being none the wiser to it.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #447
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elxiah View Post

I can swing from a rope with two hands and one.So i must have a body like spiderman and im sure all your weight on one arm will not rip it off or pull it out of its socket you just have to know how to do it and be a little athletic.

Last edited by bobcat89; 12-03-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Messed up
Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #448
spider,man
Side-Kick

Aand......we re back onto this topic again

Old 12-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #449
bobcat89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider,man View Post
Aand......we re back onto this topic again
Well not everyone has to go back to this topic i was just giving correct information.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #450
Iron Symbiote
Newbie First Class

Anyways.. Does anyone know how to do the math on how far the great planes would be able to fire? I'm actually thinking about converting it over to a single more powerful motor that spins two or more of the projectors maybe to give a little more momentum and conserve on space.. The smaller the better in this case

Closed Thread