The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #51
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Yeah I agree on a train also or maybe a space station ala Superman Unchained but would be awesome if he had a difficult time and almost impossible to do it and then at the middle he remembers how he was saving some casualties from the WE and having a difficult time on the ones he couldn't save adding drama to the scene... But I think they will connect both scenes ala TDK showing Superman saving some casualties from the WE and the way doesn't matter if its flashback or showing it at the beginning of the movie..
We already know he's gonna be dealing with killing Zod so there is really no other need to connect the movies…they already will be connected. With these type of films you always want to start big…it's why MOS started with the Krypton action piece and Star Wars opens with the space battle. Superman saving survivors from the rubble is not a good starter.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #52
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

The Avengers was called the Avengers.

They can use the name World's Finest. People here need to stop treating the GA as mindless zombies. They will know it has Batman/Superman in it because they will be in the TV Spots, Trailers and Posters. Man Of Steel and The Dark Knight didn't have their respective hero's name in the title but the GA knew they were Batman and Superman movies.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 11-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #53
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I can't wait to see some actual batarangs this time.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #54
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
We already know he's gonna be dealing with killing Zod so there is really no other need to connect the movies…they already will be connected. With these type of films you always want to start big…it's why MOS started with the Krypton action piece and Star Wars opens with the space battle. Superman saving survivors from the rubble is not a good starter.
I think they'll connect in some flashback when superman is saving some other people he remembered that moment he was saving addressed there and it will be a nice detail.. but some as saving/respects from that disaster will be hinted that's for sure...

Old 11-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #55
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I really want to start hearing about castings soon. I just can't way to start talking about what characters they're gonna have and who is going to play them.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #56
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I can't wait to see some actual batarangs this time.
Yes please...lots of gadgets. I'm thrilled we are hopefully going to be getting a Batman with more of the fantastical elements.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #57
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I honestly thought TDK trilogy's batarangs were a nice twist on the concept. Really wish we could have seen more use of them in the movies.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #58
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post

They can use the name World's Finest. People here need to stop treating the GA as mindless zombies. They will know it has Batman/Superman in it because they will be in the TV Spots, Trailers and Posters. Man Of Steel and The Dark Knight didn't have their respective hero's name in the trailer but the GA knew they were Batman and Superman movies.
Avengers was called Avengers because that was the name of the team…just like FF was called FF cause that was the name of the team…and X-Men was called X-men because that was the name of the team. World's Finest is not the name of the team..it is the name of the comic book.
Everything about this movie should market this movie alone…by itself. Yes there will trailers and posters but the title of this movie should BY ITSELF be able to market this movie. World's Finest does not do this.
If You see the word "Pepsi" without a bottle or the red white and blue circle…you think soda. You don't confuse it with anything else. World's Finest does not make people automatically think of Batman and Superman…it's not that they are stupid…it's that it's not commonly associated with the two characters outside of the comic/cartoon watching public.
The title of a movie can make or break a film…there are a lot of people who believe that if "John Carter" was called "John Carter of Mars" it would have made more money.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #59
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I really want to start hearing about castings soon. I just can't way to start talking about what characters they're gonna have and who is going to play them.
There should be something soon, I mean, isn't this is supposed to start filming in Feb?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #60
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I honestly thought TDK trilogy's batarangs were a nice twist on the concept. Really wish we could have seen more use of them in the movies.
Frank Miller always used them as throwing darts…it's just they were forgotten after the first movie. I'm hoping for something like this.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #61
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
There should be something soon, I mean, isn't this is supposed to start filming in Feb?
I thought they already had. Didn't they film something with a football game with Gotham vs Metropolis? Or was that not part of the main production?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #62
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
I thought they already had. Didn't they film something with a football game with Gotham vs Metropolis? Or was that not part of the main production?
Yeah, but I meant with the main cast. Cavill, Adams etc...

Old 11-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #63
roach
I am the night

Quote:
They've been doing secondary filming…the main filming begins in Feb.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #64
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Yeah, but I meant with the main cast. Cavill, Adams etc...
Ah right. I got ya now.

Quote:
Frank Miller always used them as throwing darts…it's just they were forgotten after the first movie. I'm hoping for something like this.
You know what's weird? As I was typing that post I was thinking about what I'd like to see as far as batarangs go and the Arkham games was on my mind. lol

Old 11-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #65
fake
Side-Kick

http://www.manofsteelfanpage.com/201...-by-dc-comics/

Quote:
Rumors have been plenty on Batman vs Superman, the somewhat indirect sequel to Man of Steel which launched a shared movie universe. Initially, Nightwing was reported as an inclusion in the next movie by El Mayimbe of Latino Review, and followed by several rumored contenders for the role, one of which (Adam Driver) has denied such consideration.

Now, adding more validity to the Nightwing rumor, is the efforts of DC Comics by way of trademark registration for Nightwing. The new development certainly lends itself to Nightwing being in the movie, and the exploitation of the property in products and comics.

The official image is not available but is described as the word “NIGHTWING on a bat.”

The registration of the trademark includes:

Clothing for men, women and children – namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jogging suits, trousers, pants, shorts, tank tops, rainwear, cloth baby bibs, skirts, blouses, dresses, suspenders, sweaters, jackets, coats, raincoats, snow suits, ties, robes, hats, caps, sunvisors, belts, scarves, sleepwear, pajamas, lingerie, underwear, boots, shoes, sneakers, sandals, booties, socks, slipper socks, swimwear and masquerade and Halloween costumes and masks sold in connection therewith.
and

Toys and sporting goods, including games and playthings–namely, action figures and accessories therefor; play sets for action figures; plush toys; balloons; bathtub toys; ride-on toys; equipment sold as a unit for playing card games; toy vehicles; dolls; flying discs; hand held units for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; game equipment sold as a unit for playing a board game, a card game, a manipulative game, a parlor game and an action type target game; stand alone video output game machines; jigsaw and manipulative puzzles; paper face masks; skateboards; ice skates; water squirting toys; balls–namely, playground balls, soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs; baseball gloves; swimming floats for recreational use; kickboard flotation devices for recreational use; surfboards; swim boards for recreational use; swim fins; toy bakeware and toy cookware; toy banks; toy snow globes; paper party hats; and Christmas tree ornaments.
It is very common place for trademarks to be secured ahead of a this kind of movie, to enable product development and licensing for the toyetic aspects of the franchise, as well other consumer goods.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #66
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
@LEVITIKUZ

I can bet that this movie will be called Batman vs Superman though I would just prefer DC's World's Finest

I know that it's their first time meeting, not nessesarly a team up and more of a conflict but The Avengers was a conflict for alot of it and it wasn't called Iron Man vs Thor vs Hulk vs Captain America.
What about:

DC's
World's Finest

Batman vs Superman

Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #67
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Eh, we're gonna be watching the film on July 17th, 2015 either way so I really don't care too much what the title of the film is.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #68
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddlerTheDalek View Post
What about:

DC's
World's Finest

Batman vs Superman
Too busy.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #69
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Eh, we're gonna be watching the film on July 17th, 2015 either way so I really don't care too much what the title of the film is.

That date...music to my ears.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #70
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:

They can use the name World's Finest. People here need to stop treating the GA as mindless zombies. They will know it has Batman/Superman in it because they will be in the TV Spots, Trailers and Posters. Man Of Steel and The Dark Knight didn't have their respective hero's name in the title but the GA knew they were Batman and Superman movies.
I agree

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #71
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
If You see the word "Pepsi" without a bottle or the red white and blue circle…you think soda. You don't confuse it with anything else. World's Finest does not make people automatically think of Batman and Superman…it's not that they are stupid…it's that it's not commonly associated with the two characters outside of the comic/cartoon watching public.
The title of a movie can make or break a film…there are a lot of people who believe that if "John Carter" was called "John Carter of Mars" it would have made more money.
I guess people must have had trouble associating "The Dark Knight" with the Batman character, since his nickname had never been prominently used on film before (not even in Batman Begins), and was mostly prominent in the comics and animation. Thank God that film wasn't a flop, then.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #72
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
I really don't want a colon in the title. Beyond cheesy. That's one thing I hope DC stays away from for as long as possible.
A colon is "beyond cheesy"? I don't think you know what cheesy is.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #73
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
A colon is "beyond cheesy"? I don't think you know what cheesy is.
Maybe cheesy wasn't the best word to use. Lame? Unnecessary? Silly?

Because something like Man of Steel: World's Finest, or World's Finest: Batman vs. Superman...both sound pretty lame to me.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #74
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
I guess people must have had trouble associating "The Dark Knight" with the Batman character, since his nickname had never been prominently used on film before (not even in Batman Begins), and was mostly prominent in the comics and animation. Thank God that film wasn't a flop, then.
Non comic book readers still know The Dark Knight refers to Batman…even before the Nolan movies.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #75
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Superbatmen: When Worlds Collide

Intro song by Powerman 5000

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 11-18-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Closed Thread