The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 11-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #26
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Re: We Need an X-Factor film

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
X-Factor would be good movie, but which year would be reality in this movie, are you taking about 2023 ?
Havok would be 77 yo and Quicksilver about 67.
Beast 83, Cyclops 54, Jean 49, Angel 37, Iceman 34.

It's superheroes. Use a sliding time scale like the James Bond movies or any other long-running franchise that never seems to die. Just retcon things away as time goes on. Also, I never said to use Havok and Quicksilver in the present timeline, they were a suggestion for the past. Recasting certain roles does indeed work. I'd start with recasting Phoenix and Nightcrawler. Also, XMO probably didn't happen as depicted thanks to DOFP. Like Cyclops and Storm might be a bit younger this time around and the "present" timeline doesn't need a year stated, this may very well be some sort of AU that doesn't need a year attached to it. I mean, in the comics, Tony Stark is 34 and always has been since becoming Iron man and the early issues are still canon.

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-19-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #27
kasjan
Side-Kick

So you're telling me future movies won't be sequels to DOFP?
Only movies about past/present?
IMO it should be continuation, so go with other characters:
Forge, Strong Guy (if the guy in Vietnam isn't Guido already), Multiple Man, Siryn, Wolfsbane and maybe Archangel (if he isn't in X-Force movie).

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #28
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
So you're telling me future movies won't be sequels to DOFP?
Only movies about past/present?
IMO it should be continuation, so go with other characters:
Forge, Strong Guy (if the guy in Vietnam isn't Guido already), Multiple Man, Siryn, Wolfsbane and maybe Archangel (if he isn't in X-Force movie).

I never said wouldn't be a sequel. I'm saying that Phoenix and Nightcrawler may have to be recast in the near future but the franchise should use a sliding time scale like the comics do. Cyclops was created as a teenager in the 60s. He was in his thirties starting with Second Genesis in the 70s up through today. This means that most of the X-Men are only in their mid 30s and aged 20 years in the span of 50 and haven't aged at all since the mid-70s. The only characters who did age were teenagers in the 80s and now in their 20s. This is why the franchise lasts. With a soft reboot, let's assume that certain X-Men were born later, that or possibly a new cut of XMO that purges certain scenes to smooth over continuity. Like removing a handful of scenes from some of the films would go a long way. Granted, DOFP has given Beast a way to appear human in public so that issue in FC, X2 and X3 has been fixed but there are still some cuts to previous films that need to be made.

X1: Cerebro references can be removed.

X2: Have a sound effect play over the name, "Sebastian Shaw."

X3: Reshoot the scene where Xavier and Magneto visit the Grey household. Have Fassbender and McAvoy be in the reshoots and have the scene set in the 90s with Xavier in a wheelchair.

XMO: Cut out the Xavier scenes. Just remove them. We don't need them and it messes with continuity.

FC: Get rid of the kid versions of mutants with Cerebro.

The Wolverine doesn't need any recuts that I'm aware of.

Moira McTaggert can have had a daughter out of wedlock named Moira Jr. Emma Frost in XMO can be a clone.

Problem solved.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Like removing a handful of scenes from some of the films would go a long way. Granted, DOFP has given Beast a way to appear human in public so that issue in FC, X2 and X3 has been fixed but there are still some cuts to previous films that need to be made.

X1: Cerebro references can be removed.

X2: Have a sound effect play over the name, "Sebastian Shaw."

X3: Reshoot the scene where Xavier and Magneto visit the Grey household. Have Fassbender and McAvoy be in the reshoots and have the scene set in the 90s with Xavier in a wheelchair.

XMO: Cut out the Xavier scenes. Just remove them. We don't need them and it messes with continuity.

FC: Get rid of the kid versions of mutants with Cerebro.

The Wolverine doesn't need any recuts that I'm aware of.

Moira McTaggert can have had a daughter out of wedlock named Moira Jr. Emma Frost in XMO can be a clone.

Problem solved.
Some of those are feasible.

I really don't know why they were so specific in X1 with Xavier's age when he met Magneto. He didn't need to say 'when i was 17', it's just not good to get so specific because it comes back to bite you in the butt later. He could have said 'when i was young(er)' or 'a long time ago.' I don't know if just overdubbing 'younger' over '17' might work, or if it would look too obvious.

I don't know if they would go to the expense of reshooting that X3 opening scene with Xavier and Mags at the Grey household. It could be that the DoFP's viral website gives a clue to getting round that (and Xavier standing at the end of Origins) when it mentions artificial limbs or whatever in the timeline.

Origins Emma could be a clone, or Frost's daughter.

It's a little bit tangled and messy, but I think DoFP is trying to clear the decks and establish what's in, what's out and what can be explained away.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #30
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Some of those are feasible.

I really don't know why they were so specific in X1 with Xavier's age when he met Magneto. He didn't need to say 'when i was 17', it's just not good to get so specific because it comes back to bite you in the butt later. He could have said 'when i was young(er)' or 'a long time ago.' I don't know if just overdubbing 'younger' over '17' might work, or if it would look too obvious.

I don't know if they would go to the expense of reshooting that X3 opening scene with Xavier and Mags at the Grey household. It could be that the DoFP's viral website gives a clue to getting round that (and Xavier standing at the end of Origins) when it mentions artificial limbs or whatever in the timeline.

Origins Emma could be a clone, or Frost's daughter.

It's a little bit tangled and messy, but I think DoFP is trying to clear the decks and establish what's in, what's out and what can be explained away.
And of course, what just gets retconned because Bryan Singer is known for being unhappy with it like Cyclops dieing and the whole Deadpool fiasco. I mean, If Famke Janssen, James Marsden and Ryan Reynolds were unhappy with X3 and XMO then that's a sign that bringing back Striker is a really good decision. If he dies in DOFP, most things that everyone hated will have never occurred. Like if somebody more conflicted headed Weapon X like Abraham Cornelius, Deadpool will still be able to talk and Fantomex may appear. And there may still be some ineptitude without Stryker like Gambit being turned into a walking bomb, dieing and being cloned by Sinister over and over again as a slave. I want the new timeline to have some "nice job breaking it, Wolverine" moments.

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-19-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #31
Dasher10
Side-Kick

So what if these were the subtitles?

X-Force: New Age of Mutants

Wolverine: Omega

X-Factor: Mutant Massacre

Fantastic Four 2: Kang Conquers

Uncanny X-Men: X-Tinction Agenda

(the big crossover) X-Cutioners Song

Do those work?

Old 11-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #32
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'd guest call the X-Force movie "X-Force" myself.
Wolverine: Omega is a cool titles. I also think that "Wolverine: The Savage Hunt" or "Wolverine: Blood and Snow" could work as well.
X-Factor could simply be "X-Factor" as well, although "Mutant Massacre" is a good subtitle if they want one.
I'm pretty sure that Marvel owns the rights to Kang, so the Fantastic Four movies couldn't use him. I was thinking "Fantastic Four: Annihilus" myself.
Age of Apocalypse could also work as the big X-crossover.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
X-Factor could simply be "X-Factor" as well,
Not sure they would be allowed to call it simply 'X-Factor' with the TV show and everything

Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #34
Angamb
Banned User

simple solution:

X-Factor: (and subtittle)

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #35
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I'd guest call the X-Force movie "X-Force" myself.
Wolverine: Omega is a cool titles. I also think that "Wolverine: The Savage Hunt" or "Wolverine: Blood and Snow" could work as well.
X-Factor could simply be "X-Factor" as well, although "Mutant Massacre" is a good subtitle if they want one.
I'm pretty sure that Marvel owns the rights to Kang, so the Fantastic Four movies couldn't use him. I was thinking "Fantastic Four: Annihilus" myself.
Age of Apocalypse could also work as the big X-crossover.

There are two AoA problems that I see. 1. How will the timeline be messed up again? This plot was already done in DOFP. 2. The title is similar to Age of Ultron.

Apocalypse should be a big crossover but it should be a mashup of X-Cutioner's Song, Endgame, Apocalypse Solution and The Twelve with X-Cutioner's song as the title (Apocalypse Solution also works). I personally would kill off Angel in X-Factor, then bring him back as a Horseman with Sugar Man, Frenzy and Gauntlet.

I mean, Age of Apocalypse COULD be done but that would mean that Deapool couldn't be made since the script doesn't use the AoA timeline. If we're getting a soft reboot, Apocalypse would probably be handled differently.

I just feel that a mashup of different Apocalypse stories would work better. Imagine young Nate Summers being infected with the techno organic virus, cryogenically frozen and Cable telling him that everything is going to be alright, then Cyclops tells Cable how proud he is of him.

With regards to an X-Factor subtitle, it's also the name of a TV show. It requires one for copyright reasons. Like when it comes to X-Factor storylines, my top 3 are Mutant Massacre, X-Tinction Agenda, The Longest Night, Endgame and Inferno. I mean, three of those are crossovers so they could belong to another team but I personally feel that Mutant Massacre fits X-Factor better to start the Cyclops/Sinister rivalry and have Angel's wings broken which is why he turns to the dark side. X-Tinction Agenda tonally is the closest to Xavier's team, hence why it would be part of the Uncanny Franchise and the story would be a cross between that and Phalanx Covenant.

And are people here sure that Kang isn't shared? I thought he'd be something like Quicksilver and Viper. I mean, Kang's terrible future is why he hates Apocalypse and tried to defeat him back in ancient Egypt but the Fantastic Four intervened. I mean, I'm not sure how anyone could do Kang as a villain unless Apocalypse was involved somehow since that's his entire motivation. He's just as much a Fantastic Four baddie as he is an Avengers' villain.

For the next phase, I'd probably do

Uncanny X-Men: Fatal Attractions (Magneto builds Avalon but is corrupted by Fabian Cortez who lies about Genosha attacking Avalon so he'll declare war on humanity.)

X-Force: Assault on Weapon Plus (Domino is forced to head back to the Weapon X labs where where she was bred as a weapon. The team recruits X-23 and Fantomex.)

Fantastic Four: Doom (The Fantastic Four go to Latveria where Doctor Doom rules with an iron fist as a corrupt dictator.)

Wolverine: Sins of the Father (Daken wants revenge on the father who abandoned him)

X-Factor: Inferno (Sinister has his revenge and Jean faces her clone who thought she was Jean all along)

(Crossover) Secret Wars. The three different X-Teams and Fantastic Four face off against the Beyonder while Sinister and Doom team up and Magneto simply goes his own way. Upon learning he has a daughter, Wolverine leaves the Uncanny X-Men to join X-Force.

Fourth Phase

Uncanny X-Men: Operation Zero Tolerance (Bastion who's old Sentinel code from the 70s who uploaded himself the the early internet surfaces and organizes the Purifiers to destroy the X-Men.

X-Force: Messiah Complex. A Mutant is born who the Askani (including Cable) believe is sacred and claim her destiny is to be a leader for the cause of mutant rights is being hunted down by Sinister.

X-Factor: The Longest Night

Fantastic Four: Hunger

(Crossover) Secret Invasion (Skrulls invade earth covertly and are led by Super Skrull. Only Reed Richards can stop them.)

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-29-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #36
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

i hope they never do an x-factor move, ugh

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote