The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #251
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

It's better than the second, but not the first. You'll actually miss Megan Fox.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #252
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
For me, its the best battle in a comic book movie, everything I have ever wanted to see from Prime in a movie about the Transformers. The rest of the movie doesnt live up of course, but that moment is golden. I also think Bumblebee's fight with Rampage and also Ravage is a great little fight scene that doesnt get enough love.

ROTF is a strange one, it has the best battles of the series, yet is the worst movie.
I disagree, i think Transformers 1 and 3 have much better fight scenes, the city war in the 2nd half of DotM expecially was astounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #253
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Is DOTM worth watching? I liked the first one a lot, don't really remember the second because I haven't seen it since it came out, but is DOTM worth a watch because I never got around to seeing it.
Many people say it's a slight improvement over ROTF with less stereotypical characters but I say that's just nitpicking personally for me I love the whole TF trilogy with each installment getting bigger and better which is what TF are all about, don't expect Citizen Kane storytelling here.

People that complain about Bay's toilet humor need to chill, there's very little if any and it's not offensive except maybe to robots.

As for DOTM worth watching? hell yes the action is bigger and the music more epic, Prime gives a speech at the end with obligatory Linkin Park song, BAM end of story.

If I can find a complaint is that the slug like Decepticon worm drags on a bit much and once again Optimus is absent for the middle of the end fight but he comes back kicking all kinds of @ss at the end.

5/5 stars BEST FILM EVA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78
It's better than the second, but not the first. You'll actually miss Megan Fox.
Oh yeah almost forgot about her, yeah the new chick Rosie whatsherfacewithpoutylips is terrible and should be digitally erased from the film negatives.

Last edited by Mace Dolex; 10-28-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #254
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I plan on watching it. Maybe this weekend. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #255
Octoberist
point blank

I think the first one was the best one still. The problem with the sequels too, is that you still don't know the Transformers that well. There's no arcs for them. There's no evolution. Nothing.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #256
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I disagree, i think Transformers 1 and 3 have much better fight scenes, the city war in the 2nd half of DotM expecially was astounding.
I love the action scene's in TF1, but we didnt really get a good one-vs-one type situation in the 1st movie, which was a little disappointing. Plus a big complaint about TF1 was Prime being so weak and getting his ass kicked by Megatron. ROTF rectified this greatly (talking about fight scenes and action ONLY BTW) with the forest fight being sublime, and some other good fights as well. Notably Bumblebee vs Rampage and Ravage.

I was hoping DOTM would be a combination of the two with all out war scene's as well as some great one-vs-one situations. But the one-vs-one fights in DOTM were very disappointing, especially Optimus vs Sentinel, and we didnt even get to see Shockwave fight which was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I think the first one was the best one still. The problem with the sequels too, is that you still don't know the Transformers that well. There's no arcs for them. There's no evolution. Nothing.
The 1st one is the best by some way, DOTM got closer to it than ROTF did, but both are quite some way off. And yes I agree again that the Transformers needed more development in the sequels, yet it still focused too much on the humans. The final battle in DOTM focused on the humans WAY too much as well.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #257
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The only Transformer with an actual arc and somewhat fleshed out persona is Bumblebee. He was like the most well adjusted to Earth one on the team, but still struggled with his goal of keeping Sam safe while still trying to do the warrior thing.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #258
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
The only Transformer with an actual arc and somewhat fleshed out persona is Bumblebee. He was like the most well adjusted to Earth one on the team, but still struggled with his goal of keeping Sam safe while still trying to do the warrior thing.
Out of all of the things in the Transformers films, I think Sam and Bumblebee's relationship throughout the trilogy is the best.

Which is probably why I teared up a bit when Bumblebee said his goodbyes to Sam when the Autobots had to leave Earth, and especially when Bumblebee had a gun at his head. I seriously thought he was going to get it at that point.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #259
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Any news on a teaser/trailer release? The Spider-Man trailer is coming out with The Hobbit so I assume they'll do the same for this?

Old 11-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #260
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Seen reports that there might not be anything until the Superbowl...

Old 11-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #261
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Just saw DOTM! I must say I came in expecting just a fun time and that's what I got. Man, was I enjoying myself in 40 minute climatic battle. Not as good as the first though.

7/10

Old 11-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #262
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Michael Bay Drops Details on Hong Kong Scenes for Transformers: Age of Extinction

Quote:
Bleeding Cool has assembled quite a few bits of info from around the web where director Michael Bay dropped some interesting story details on the upcoming Tranformers: Age of Extinction, specifically in regard to their recent filming in Hong Kong (which you can see photos of by clicking here).

The first bit comes from The South China Morning Post where Bay says: "We are not destroying Hong Kong," even though he also spoke about their Hong Kong set in Detroit about which he said: "There was a lot of dynamite."

When asked if Hong Kong serves as a refuge for the Autobots from the Decepticons, Bay replied, "I can’t tell you how they get here,", and later added, "They are not rescuing Hong Kong but definitely rescuing something."

Another more spoilery bit of information comes from a piece on Seibertron where they say one of the Hong Kong locations is "a heroic turning point scene, which takes place after the fall of Hong Kong." They elaborate with: "A group of Transformers will meet up with another group of Transformers where they battle their way out of a crater (Wulong Karst is known for it’s sink holes) that was apparently created by a crashed starship. After the Wulong Karst battle they return to Hong Kong."

Could this "other group of Transformers" be the Dinobots? It's certainly possible as the fan favorite group is said to be heavily featured in the upcoming film.

Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, T.J. Miller, Han Geng and Titus Welliver star in the June 27, 2014 release.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-of-extinction

Old 11-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #263
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Looks like they may have wrapped filming.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #264
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Do you guys think the Super Bowl will be out first look at AOE?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #265
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Do you guys think the Super Bowl will be out first look at AOE?
We did get a very short teaser for Dark of the Moon in December 2010, and then a Super Bowl spot in February, so I think they would do something similar with this film.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 11-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #266
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

There was something mentioned over on TFW2005 that suggested we wouldn't see anything until the Super Bowl.... But I can't remember if that was just about the trailers/teasers or if that included posters &/or screenshots....

Old 11-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #267
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
Out of all of the things in the Transformers films, I think Sam and Bumblebee's relationship throughout the trilogy is the best.

Which is probably why I teared up a bit when Bumblebee said his goodbyes to Sam when the Autobots had to leave Earth, and especially when Bumblebee had a gun at his head. I seriously thought he was going to get it at that point.
Same here, I honestly thought they were going to kill BB at the second point, was so happy they didnt.

Quote:
Just saw DOTM! I must say I came in expecting just a fun time and that's what I got. Man, was I enjoying myself in 40 minute climatic battle. Not as good as the first though.

7/10
Glad you liked it.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #268
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Same here, I honestly thought they were going to kill BB at the second point, was so happy they didnt.

Glad you liked it.
You bet I liked it.

I too almost teared up when they were about to kill Bumblebee.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #269
*Dead*End*
Jesus Christ = my Saviour

Word on the street has it, that there might be something from the movie revealed this month (November 2013) . . . I surely wouldn't mind.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #270
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I wonder if they will bother with any viral material this time around.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #271
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
You bet I liked it.

I too almost teared up when they were about to kill Bumblebee.
Yeah, that moment and Optimus and BB saying goodbye to Sam were very emotional moments, both nearly get me every
time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dead*End* View Post
Word on the street has it, that there might be something from the movie revealed this month (November 2013) . . . I surely wouldn't mind.

Cool, hope we get something, well, cool!

Old 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #272
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Man, I hope they have a SB spot like this again. Seriously, one of the best tv spots ever. I bet it sold a s**t ton of tickets on the spot.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #273
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
And for God's sakes, can't Bumblebee talk for once. He even talked (briefly) in the Transformers ride, in which he sounded like an intelligent adult male. But from his actions from the movies, one would think he's an infant who wants to be loved.
I thought so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Just thought I'd post this update on the rumors that JoBlo posted a few weeks back detailing what characters would appear in the film. The recent character reveals by Bay himself have confirmed the rumors. Mild Spoilers:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...alaxy-and-more
My body is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I loved Bumblebee, who doesn't?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #274
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I think this has the potential to be the best one yet. Dinobots are awesome. Just hope Bay hints towards Unicron and we get him for T5.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #275
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I just hope it gets closer to the 1st movie than the last 2 did, it has the potential, with a new cast keeping things fresh, and I have no doubt the dinobots will kick major ass.

Closed Thread