The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #501
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Anyone watching the GGG/Stevens fight? GGG may win but man does he looked exposed.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #502
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Exposed how? It was a one sided ass whipping from the opening bell, Stevens never had him in any kind of trouble.

Mayweather better pray GGG stays at middle.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 11-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #503
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
Exposed how? It was a one sided ass whipping from the opening bell, Stevens never had him in any kind of trouble.

Mayweather better pray GGG stays at middle.
His defense was exposed. He really just comes forward. If he fought a boxer like a Ward or even a Froch, I doubt he'd win.
And why are you always bringing Mayweather up? There's a cold war between Golden Boy and Top Rank so the fight probably won't happen. Top Rank has Manny, so why doesn't Manny fight him? Let me guess, because GGG is to big for him right? Didn't Manny beat Margarito who's the same size as GGG? You guys kill me wanting Mayweather to fight guys who are not in his weight class.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 11-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #504
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

GGG is promoted by K2 promotions. I bring up Mayweather because he last fought at near that weight class and he's the, #1 guy right now. GGG is a small middleweight, even smaller than Martinez, he and May are closer to size and weight than Ward or Froch.

Pac is finished it has nothing to do with his size, if he beats Rios, he's going to go through another war with him and is just going to diminish even more. GGG would skull f- Pac at this point in time probably even worse than he did Stevens. Who wants to see that?

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 11-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #505
the last son
Side-Kick

I watched GGG fight once on youtube today and let's say I wasn't impressed. Mayweather skills are diminishing though, so if he does lose eventually it will be because of that reason. Age is catching up with Mayweather.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #506
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
GGG is promoted by K2 promotions. I bring up Mayweather because he last fought at near that weight class and he's the, #1 guy right now. GGG is a small middleweight, even smaller than Martinez, he and May are closer to size and weight than Ward or Froch.

Pac is finished it has nothing to do with his size, if he beats Rios, he's going to go through another war with him and is just going to diminish even more. GGG would skull f- Pac at this point in time probably even worse than he did Stevens. Who wants to see that?
GGG is bigger than both Mayweather and Martinez. He's actually closer to Ward and Froch's size which is why they are calling him out. Are you really overlooking these facts just because you want Mayweather to lose that badly? If so, then he's done his job.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #507
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Ward really needs higher profile matches too, to get his name out there more, and a whole bunch of people seem real reluctant. Ward's been trying to land fights with Martinez, GGG, Hopkins, a whole list of people. In fact, GGG said he wanted Ward back around the top of the year, and hasn't stepped foot near him since. And I don't blame him, I think Andre would beat the skin clean off him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I watched GGG fight once on youtube today and let's say I wasn't impressed. Mayweather skills are diminishing though, so if he does lose eventually it will be because of that reason. Age is catching up with Mayweather.
I certainly haven't seen it. He looked more impressive in his last two fights than he has since dismantling Marquez IMO. If nothing else, his father has him even sharper defensively.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 11-04-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #508
the last son
Side-Kick

Buster Douglass must have been king of the world after the Tyson defeat, I see he even had his own video game.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #509
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Ward really needs higher profile matches too, to get his name out there more, and a whole bunch of people seem real reluctant. Ward's been trying to land fights with Martinez, GGG, Hopkins, a whole list of people. In fact, GGG said he wanted Ward back around the top of the year, and hasn't stepped foot near him since. And I don't blame him, I think Andre would beat the skin clean off him.

I certainly haven't seen it. He looked more impressive in his last two fights than he has since dismantling Marquez IMO. If nothing else, his father has him even sharper defensively.
Agreed. Ward has called out GGG but yet he seems bent on fighting Mayweather. Why not fight Ward first, who's the bigger fighter fyi. I can't believe people want Mayweather to fight guys who out weight him by 20-30 lbs on fight night but ignore when that same fighter ignores when fighters call him out. People also seem to forget that Ward and Froch have called out GGG when they say everyone is afraid to fight him. Stevens hit him when he felt like it but his chin just couldn't hold up which shows he's more of a brawler and I really think both Ward and Froch would beat him. We also agree about Mayweather. He hasn't slowed down at all and with the way PED's are these days, you have to wonder.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 11-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #510
the last son
Side-Kick

There's no doubt with what I've seen from GGG, Ward will give him a boxing lesson for 12 rounds.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #511
the last son
Side-Kick

I'm a huge Mayweather fan and he has lost a step.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #512
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Agreed. Ward has called out GGG but yet he seems bent on fighting Mayweather. Why not fight Ward first, who's the bigger fighter fyi. I can't believe people want Mayweather to fight guys who out weight him by 20-30 lbs on fight night but ignore when that same fighter ignores when fighters call him out. People also seem to forget that Ward and Froch have called out GGG when they say everyone is afraid to fight him. Stevens hit him when he felt like it but his chin just couldn't hold up which shows he's more of a brawler and I really think both Ward and Froch would beat him.
It's the same mentality that did Roy Jones in, IMO. Everyone is just ready to see him lose so bad, that the stakes keep getting raised until it stops making sense. I think he's smart enough to not let that talk get to him though. For Floyd, I believe Sergio, Danny Garcia, Devon Alexander & Provodnikov offer enough quality for entertaining matchups. There's no need for any extreme weight class jumps just to provide a "suitable" challenge.

As for Andre, like I said, Hopkins, GGG, Froch again, Sergio, Dirrell, JCC if he gets his s*** together, all watchable fights that aren't happening.

Quote:
We also agree about Mayweather. He hasn't slowed down at all and with the way PED's are these days, you have to wonder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I'm a huge Mayweather fan and he has lost a step.
In terms of sheer hand speed, no, he's not as quick naturally. But his technique and anticipation compensate for it. I don't think his hands have been super fast since at least '06, but he easily beats most people to the punch. And defensively he's sharper than ever.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #513
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I actually don't like Mayweather fighting Sergio either. He's a bigger fighter as well. All these guys willing to come down in weight to fight him will be way bigger on fight night. I do hope Sergio gets to fight Cotto or Canelo before he retires because he has had some great wars and deserves a big day. As for GGG calling him out, who has he fought? Sorry but for all his KO power, he hasn't fought any big names at all. If he beats Murray, then he can talk Sergio but for now, I just don't see it. He's all hype IMO in the same category as Deontay Wilder.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 11-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #514
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
I actually don't like Mayweather fighting Sergio either. He's a bigger fighter as well. All these guys willing to come down in weight to fight him will be way bigger on fight night. I do hope Sergio gets to fight Cotto or Canelo before he retires because he has had some great wars and deserves a big day.
Agreed, but at least I think Sergio would be somewhere in the ballpark of Canelo, if not a little smaller, should the situation arise on fight night. He's probably the only bigger fighter outside of Canelo that I could see Floyd realistically fighting, although yes, I've felt for years that he still shouldn't do it. The only reason I'm leaning towards it now is the fact that Sergio could very well be the only legit opponent left.

Quote:
As for GGG calling him out, who has he fought? Sorry but for all his KO power, he hasn't fought any big names at all. If he beats Murray, then he can talk Sergio but for now, I just don't see it. He's all hype IMO in the same category as Deontay Wilder.
I'm with you 100% but the hype machine is always in full effect trying to find that next star.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #515
the last son
Side-Kick

Watched the hurricane today. Good movie. Made me cry.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #516
the last son
Side-Kick

Watching Martinez vs Williams. This is a good fight.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #517
the last son
Side-Kick

Had Williams victorious in the first fight, but man that second knockout was a total KO. Whew.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #518
the last son
Side-Kick

Hopkins still fight?

Old 11-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #519
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Just saw Donaire on HBO. Talk about bias. These guys try there darndest to make this guy look good fighting a guy he knocked out who is 37 going up 2 weight classes but won't even address Rigo. Anyone who can't see through HBO's bs is clearly blind. Donaire is ass and not good thick one. I mean stank herpes infected ass.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #520
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Huh? I didn't see much bias from the HBO crew. But you are right, Donaire slipped big time, he's not the same fighter from a few years ago.

Garcia is a beast. I want to see him and Gamboa fight.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 11-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #521
the last son
Side-Kick

So, ward is fighting next week? Will have to check that out.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #522
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Huh? I didn't see much bias from the HBO crew. But you are right, Donaire slipped big time, he's not the same fighter from a few years ago.

Garcia is a beast. I want to see him and Gamboa fight.
Not addressing why Donaire chose to fight a fighter who went up two weight classes that he already knocked out years ago instead of going after Rigo? You can actually hear it during the commentating. They to ignore the fighter that isn't there's when he goes on a flurry.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 11-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #523
herakles
Side-Kick

I so loved this sport in the 80s-90s. I used to watch Tuesday Night Fights on USA every week.

Too bad that there are too many sanctioning bodies now. The lack of great fights is killing the sport. There needs to be only 1 World Champ in each division.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #524
the last son
Side-Kick

Boxing even though I love it is a dying sport.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #525
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Pacquio/Rios this weekend. This fight is going to bomb and Arum knows it. Now he is trying to drum up drama for it to sell. They are only charging $5 for ppv in China, which will fudge up the numbers, but no way does it do well in the USA. I don't even know any of my pinoy homies who plan on watching this garbage.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...al-altercation

Anyway, Froch fights this weekend and that fight seems a whole lot more interesting.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Closed Thread