The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #376
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Reynolds does need a major film hit in the worst way.
Yeah, sucks casue the dudes actually a good actor. Hopefully the new Tarsem movie he's in proves to be decent.

He's prepped for years on Deadpool, so hopefully that comes into play for him in some form.

def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #377
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 38,669
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, sucks casue the dudes actually a good actor. Hopefully the new Tarsem movie he's in proves to be decent.
He's a few more flops away from going back to TV.

Oh and my choice for Cable is Gerard Butler. I know Stephen Lang would be a nice fit, but he's rumored to be coming back for the Avatar films, so he may not be available.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #378
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Butler is a good choice.

def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #379
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 38,669
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

My cast:

Cable- Gerard Butler
Domino- Michelle Rodriguez
Deadpool- Ryan Reynolds
Psylocke- Maggie Q

I have no clue to cast as Shatterstar, who would be my fifth member.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #380
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,475
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

If the rumored ending of DOFP Is true then the lineup could be

Cable
Domino
Deadpool
Psylocke
Colossus

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #381
Super Jim
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

I'm glad people are liking my Gerard Butler fan cast. What I did was look at the top 100 actors over 30 and he seemed by far the best option...

I'm not so sold on Michelle Rodriguez. Olivia Wilde looks the part.

Even if they retcon the whole Deadpool - Origins debacle, to pull off the character he should first be introduced as a threat. The whole Merc with a Mouth concept. Make him a baddie in movie one, and then have him join the team later.

Now, for Shatterstar, hmmm..........

Here are some options:



Hayden Christensen


Alex Pettyfer


Jake Abel


Max Irons


Kellan Lutz


Riley Smith


There are also a couple of others that could look the part...

Of these, and I can't believe I'm saying this, my favorite is...

Hayden Christiansen

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #382
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
I'm glad people are liking my Gerard Butler fan cast.
Look at 4th page, it was my idea

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #383
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If the rumored ending of DOFP Is true then the lineup could be

Cable
Domino
Deadpool
Psylocke
Colossus
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So your telling me that DOFP is gonna purposely set up Colossus at the end just so he fits into a quote Wadlow said about characters who have never gotten into the mansion? Again, they can barely give him a line of dialogue. Its extremely unlikely that they would move Colossus out of the school in the first place and go out of their way to explain why he's not there.


Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #384
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 38,669
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

I don't see Colossus being a part of the team.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #385
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,475
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So your telling me that DOFP is gonna purposely set up Colossus at the end just so he fits into a quote Wadlow said about characters who have never gotten into the mansion? Again, they can barely give him a line of dialogue. Its extremely unlikely that they would move Colossus out of the school in the first place and go out of their way to explain why he's not there.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If a new timeline Is created then Colossus may no longer be at Institute which would free colossus for this film.It's been said X-Force Isn't direct sequel to X-Men films but fits timeline of X-Men films.that can be new timeline.Wadlow had mentioned COllossus In name dropping

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #386
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If a new timeline Is created then Colossus may no longer be at Institute which would free colossus for this film.It's been said X-Force Isn't direct sequel to X-Men films but fits timeline of X-Men films.that can be new timeline.Wadlow had mentioned COllossus In name dropping
He wasn't name dropping to tell us the roster though. If we go from that we have over 5 members, which we know is not the case. He was saying theres a ton of characters to choose from and they could be from any roster. Not just one. He can't mention anything from the official line up this early. They would have to spend time explaining why Colossus didn't end up in the Xavier school. Something significant would have to happen to Colossus. Theres just no reason to do it in DOFP.


Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 06:23 PM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #387
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 38,669
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
He wasn't name dropping to tell us the roster though. If we go from that we have over 5 members, which we know is not the case. He was saying theres a ton of characters to choose from and they could be from any roster. Not just one. He can't mention anything from the official line up this early. They would have to spend time explaining why Colossus didn't end up in the Xavier school. Something significant would have to happen to Colossus. Theres just no reason to do it in DOFP.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Colossus probably has a tiny role anyways, as he has in the other films he's in.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #388
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Colossus probably has a tiny role anyways, as he has in the other films he's in.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, Im not completely against the idea of using him. If they actually took the time to develop the character and use him like Marvelrobbins said, I'd give Singer and Wadlow the credit for planning out a minor character. I just don't see them finally taking an interest or making an effort to set up the character for future films. They have enough on their plate. He's always just punched and threw stuff/people and Singer proabably wont have time to do anything else with him in DOFP. Although he does have a good role in the Deadpool script. That would be cool to see.


Last edited by def28; 11-14-2013 at 11:51 PM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #389
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 38,669
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, Im not completely against the idea of using him. If they actually took the time to develop the character and use him like Marvelrobbins said, I'd give Singer and Wadlow the credit for planning out a minor character. I just don't see them finally taking an interest or making an effort to set up the character for future films. They have enough on their plate. He's always just punched and threw stuff/people and Singer proabably wont have time to do anything else with him in DOFP. Although he does have a good role in the Deadpool script. That would be cool to see.
He would be in this movie if he had actually done more in the X-Men films to begin with.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #390
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,208
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Hey, for Selene, I'm not sure who should play her. Part of me thinks that somebody older would be great for the role like Sandra Bullock, Michelle Yeoh, Selma Hayak or Geena Davis. Part of me thinks that Sasha Grey would be a good choice as well since Selene never ages. My top choice is Monica Bellucci who I feel could capture the role better than anyone else. My greatest fear is that Megan Fox will be cast as Selene when she clearly can't act.

So, thoughts of Monica as the villain?

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #391
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Yes Selene ages, and like Vulture, she has ability to drain the life force of others to look younger.
Bellucci for older Selene, Michela Quattrociocche for younger Selene.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #392
Super Jim
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

^ I believe having just one actress for Selene is the way to go. When she over exerts her powers and ages they can use computers to make the actress age, and then go back to being young when she absorbs someone's life force.

Bellucci is gorgeous, but Selene needs to be a younger actress. Michela Quattrociocche could be good. Sasha Grey? Isn't she a pron star? Um... no, that won't work...

For some reason I could see Michele Rodriguez in this role:



Here is a scary one... could Angelena Jolie pull it off?


Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #393
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Rodriguez would be bad choice for Selene, she could be Callisto, but we already have Callisto.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #394
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,208
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ I believe having just one actress for Selene is the way to go. When she over exerts her powers and ages they can use computers to make the actress age, and then go back to being young when she absorbs someone's life force.

Bellucci is gorgeous, but Selene needs to be a younger actress. Michela Quattrociocche could be good. Sasha Grey? Isn't she a pron star? Um... no, that won't work...

For some reason I could see Michele Rodriguez in this role:



Here is a scary one... could Angelena Jolie pull it off?


Sasha WAS a porn star. She's most recently been doing mainstream roles in films like I Melt With You, The Scribbler and Open Windows.

Michelle Roderiguez would be better as Marrow. She's edgy, Selene is supposed to be somewhat regal. She's not one for fighting people herself, she usually hires or mind controls others to do her bidding.

And yes, if there is a sequel, I'd love to see Marrow appear, her and Fantomex. But Michelle Roderiguez is good at playing the kind of girl who'll beat your face in and then spit on your corpse, that's not at all Selene's style but that's absolutely Marrow.


Last edited by Dasher10; 11-20-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #395
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 38,669
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
My cast:

Cable- Gerard Butler
Domino- Michelle Rodriguez
Deadpool- Ryan Reynolds
Psylocke- Maggie Q

I have no clue to cast as Shatterstar, who would be my fifth member.
Revived Cast:

Cable- Gerard Butler
Domino- Gina Carano
Deadpool- Ryan Reynolds
Psylocke- Maggie Q

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #396
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,208
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Revived Cast:

Cable- Gerard Butler
Domino- Gina Carano
Deadpool- Ryan Reynolds
Psylocke- Maggie Q

I don't get the love for Maggie Q unless she can pull off a British accent really well as Fox is now looking at spin-offs and Captain Britain might get one. If somebody can prove me wrong and has a vid of Psylocke sounding British, I'd like to see it but for now, my cast is

Cable - Michael Biehn

He's played a time traveler before and is known for taking on roles as a badass. Plus his experience directing makes him a natural lead. I couldn't think of anyone more perfect.








Domino - Mary Elizabeth Winstead

She's done action films before and has the right amount of talent, charm and attitude needed to play everyone's favorite sniper





Deadpool - Ryan Reynolds (he's already cast)

Colossus - Daniel Cudmore (He's already cast)


Psylocke - Elizabeth Tan She's an actual Brit, she's hot, she's Asian, she has acting chops. She's horrible underrated.





Selene - Monica Belucci

She has the right amount of acting ability to portray a lead villain and also has the raw sex appeal despite her age to be Selene




The Dark Riders (in order of spoken lines)
Gauntlet - Darren Shahlavi

When it comes to being a brooding badass who's the field leader for a group of supervillains, this guy's underrated and doesn't have the star power to not be the terribly disfigured, fanged Gauntlet that we all know



Last edited by Dasher10; 11-20-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #397
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,208
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Lifeforce - Taylor Shilling

I went for a larger name here for somebody who'll hog the good catfight scenes with Domino and Psylocke





Tusk - Terry Crews

As somebody who'll be the big guy who fights Colossus, I'd say that Crews would be great for those scenes. Tusk needs to be big and imposing, which Crews does really well.


Hurricane - Larry the Cable Guy

When it comes to somebody who can play a middle-aged fat guy who won't have much screen time but needs to leave an impact, I'd say that Larry works.



Barrage - Nicholas King

Barrage will get a fight scene in but for the most part, he doesn't talk, he just stays silent and looks cool while firing energy blasts. King worked as Mr. Boogie in Sinister doing just that.



Foxbat -I don't care as long as he's a contortionist. He doesn't need actual lines since he's creepier without them. Can anyone here name a male contortionist actor?



And yes, I would keep Hurricane, Barrage and Foxbat to only one or two action scenes each. Tusk wouldn't have all that large of a role either aside from the Colossus fight.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #398
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,484
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Cable


__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #399
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,671
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Gina Carano looks too massive.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #400
Super Jim
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,123
Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Ok, here are my thoughts...

Cable - Michael Biehn

Eh, maybe. Gerard Butler would be better.

Domino - Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Um, too young. This is someone likely to be hooking up with Cable. Their relationship can't be father/daughter, which is what Winstead would be. Olivia Wilde would be better.

Psylocke - Elizabeth Tan

Eh, not sure if she has enough background. What has she been in? It's all TV series and shorts. I think Maggie Q is better, and I'm sure she can fake the accent if needed.

Selene - Monica Belucci

She is too old. Sorry, but it's true.


Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.