The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
RakuMon
Side-Kick
 
RakuMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,898
Default Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

I wrote this for www.thenerdsofcolor.org.

http://thenerdsofcolor.org/2013/11/2...-steel-sequel/

Like I say in the post, I'm actually okay with Batfleck and the fact that the DK trilogy was finite. Still, from a business standpoint (and even from a creative one), merging MOS with the Dark Knight universe makes more sense than starting from scratch, especially since Nolan's fingerprints were all over MOS to begin with. Also, all of the most recent rumors (older, retired Batman on the outs with Robin) line up neatly with the Batman we know already.

I make these points in the link, but I wanted to share my ideas on how you could bridge Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel through a 20-minute prologue in the MOS sequel (similar to the Krypton sequence in the first movie).

That's what these bullets are:
  • After the events of Rises, Bruce has seemingly retired to live out the “clean slate” with Selina.
  • While these lovebirds are gallivanting across the European continent, Bruce is still keeping tabs on Blake as he tries to fill the Batman’s shoes.
  • Crime and lawlessness are at an all time high as Gotham is essentially a post-apocalyptic wasteland thanks to Bane and Talia.
  • Blake has decided not to don the mantle of the Bat, but has taken on the identity of Nightwing to protect the city.
  • Unfortunately for Blake, he’s in way over his head. Having never properly trained to be a vigilante superhero, Nightwing is having a hard time keeping Gotham under control.
  • Since Batman eradicated all organized crime two movies ago, the crime Nightwing encounters is more decentralized and harder to tamp down.
  • Also, the “freaks” — folks like Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, etc. — are all coming out of the woodwork. Perhaps as a result of the radioactive fallout from the bomb?
  • Upon seeing his fair city fall to worse ruin than even during the No Man’s Land of Bane’s reign of terror, Bruce returns to Gotham to help train his protege. For real this time.
  • The problem is that the return of Bruce royally pisses off Blake. You see, for the last year or so, Nightwing was operating under the pretense that Bruce was dead.
  • Now that he knows Bruce was alive the whole time (and left him alone to fend for himself in a post-nuclear-Gotham), he’s none too happy about it, and leaves the Cave.
  • Though the two are estranged, Blake continues to prowl the streets as Nightwing because Bruce is reluctant to put the suit back on.
  • Since his previous Batsuits have all been destroyed, Bruce is fashioning a new one (to resemble a Lee Bermejo-like design, natch) when all of the power in the Batcave goes out, and Zod’s message is played over the Bat-computer.
  • Pan down to the cowl in Bruce’s hand, then cut to Metropolis after Superman’s battle with Zod.
  • Night has fallen over the rubble of downtown Metropolis, and whose silhouette do we see surveying the damage?


__________________
THE NERDS OF COLOR -- Pop culture with a different perspective.

SECRET IDENTITIES VOLUME 2: Shattered -- NOW!!! Order Volume One at Amazon today!
RakuMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Astro13Zombie
PrimeDirectiveEXTERMINATE
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 1,887
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

I don't want to sound like I'm ****ting on your idea...

but no
PLEASE NO

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

I don't think it would work. Nolan's Bats is too grounded. There's not enough leeway for any thing unreal like flying men in skintight body suits.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12,501
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

you put effort into posting that but I got one word.


Nah

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

too late. besides, nolan wanted no part of that. gotta wonder though if nolan had gotten ben to agree to direct mos, would tdkr been a different film? diffrent enough that it would have fit in perfectly into the MoSverse?

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I don't think it would work. Nolan's Bats is too grounded. There's not enough leeway for any thing unreal like flying men in skintight body suits.
eh. have you seen anything the flying batlobster in reality? i haven't. i think the worst thing about those films is bats kinda sucked at fighting.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 32,143
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

So Nolan spends three films building up the idea that Batman could inspire anybody to stand up and take back their city, only for BvS to come along and say, "Just kidding. We need the real Batman."

You completely and utterly undermine the whole point of Nolan's conclusion with that scenario. Couple that with the fact that both Nolan and Bale have moved on, I give this a great resounding NO.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
eh. have you seen anything the flying batlobster in reality? i haven't. i think the worst thing about those films is bats kinda sucked at fighting.
lol...strangely I've seen prototypes for all sorts of flying objects. The Navy is big on trying strange ****.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
Caekzor
Side-Kick
 
Caekzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 457
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

I thought we were past all this.

Caekzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

I'm not going to jump on the OP because he's right with the element that matters the most, the audience's affection for Bale's Batman.

I'm happy that we have a new Batman. I'm happy that Ben Affleck cast as the new Batman. With that said, I won't act as if WB wouldn't make more money if they included Bale's Batman in the sequel to "Man of Steel." We'd already have a $2 billion thread.

__________________
"They laughed when I said that a man could walk on the moon. Now I'm up here laughing at them." - Louie Armstrong
DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #11
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,135
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
I make these points in the link, but I wanted to share my ideas on how you could bridge Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel through a 20-minute prologue in the MOS sequel (similar to the Krypton sequence in the first movie).

That's what these bullets are:

After the events of Rises, Bruce has seemingly retired to live out the “clean slate” with Selina.
This was already implied in TDKR anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
While these lovebirds are gallivanting across the European continent, Bruce is still keeping tabs on Blake as he tries to fill the Batman’s shoes.
What's the point of this? The fundamental point of TDKR is that Bruce has learned to let go of Gotham and anything pertaining to the Batman persona. By keeping track, Bruce Wayne is showing that he is unable to let go of his trauma, which contradicts Nolan's intended story.

By doing this, you're creating a plot hole for Bruce's character arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Crime and lawlessness are at an all time high as Gotham is essentially a post-apocalyptic wasteland thanks to Bane and Talia.
How does this make sense? By saying this, you're negating the fact that Batman and the police waged war on crime (and Bane) and came out as winners. This negation, completely disregards the fact that order has been restored in Gotham and that corruption is at an all-time low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Blake has decided not to don the mantle of the Bat, but has taken on the identity of Nightwing to protect the city.
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Unfortunately for Blake, he’s in way over his head. Having never properly trained to be a vigilante superhero, Nightwing is having a hard time keeping Gotham under control.
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Since Batman eradicated all organized crime two movies ago, the crime Nightwing encounters is more decentralized and harder to tamp down.
How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Also, the “freaks” — folks like Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, etc. — are all coming out of the woodwork. Perhaps as a result of the radioactive fallout from the bomb?
No. Just no. If you're going to create supervillains, you might as well give them powers like what Zod and Kryptonians had in Man of Steel. This gives rise to another fundamental issue: the tonal differences between Man of Steel and TDKT. Nolan intended his trilogy to be devoid of other superheroes and supervillains.

By doing this, you create another contradiction in the story where you have to explain why realism accounted for Bane, Ra's Al Ghul and to be essentially human, while the villains you mentioned are suddenly allowed powers that contradict realism. That being said, it's better to reboot Batman as a fantastical story in which all these villains exist as they should be, superpowered villains, instead of tonal differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Upon seeing his fair city fall to worse ruin than even during the No Man’s Land of Bane’s reign of terror, Bruce returns to Gotham to help train his protege. For real this time.
Again, this contradicts Bruce's character arc. You do realize he let go of the Batman persona and he got over his trauma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
The problem is that the return of Bruce royally pisses off Blake. You see, for the last year or so, Nightwing was operating under the pretense that Bruce was dead.
Again, this contradicts Bruce's character arc. You do realize he let go of the Batman persona and he got over his trauma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Now that he knows Bruce was alive the whole time (and left him alone to fend for himself in a post-nuclear-Gotham), he’s none too happy about it, and leaves the Cave.
Again, this contradicts Bruce's character arc. You do realize he let go of the Batman persona and he got over his trauma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Though the two are estranged, Blake continues to prowl the streets as Nightwing because Bruce is reluctant to put the suit back on.
Again, this contradicts Bruce's character arc. You do realize he let go of the Batman persona and he got over his trauma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Since his previous Batsuits have all been destroyed, Bruce is fashioning a new one (to resemble a Lee Bermejo-like design, natch) when all of the power in the Batcave goes out, and Zod’s message is played over the Bat-computer.
Again, the fundamental issue is that Nolan himself said there are NO other superheroes. Tonally, this does not make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Pan down to the cowl in Bruce’s hand, then cut to Metropolis after Superman’s battle with Zod.
I'll just repeat this: "the fundamental issue is that Nolan himself said there are NO other superheroes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Night has fallen over the rubble of downtown Metropolis, and whose silhouette do we see surveying the damage?
Again, if Nolan intended for his trilogy to exist in realism, then what happened in Metropolis completely contradicts this tone. MOS does operate in realism, but the fundamental issue is that Nolan himself said there are NO other superheroes.

Can we just freaking leave TDKT alone? Jeez.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
Astro13Zombie
PrimeDirectiveEXTERMINATE
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 1,887
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Can we just freaking leave TDKT alone? Jeez.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separat...xiety_disorder

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #13
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,915
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

OP, are you high?

i'm sorry, but not only is this a terrible idea, it doesn't even make sense.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,516
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Oh great, not this debate again.

I thought this topic was put to rest the minute the Affleck casting was announced and that people would move on from the "Bale for MOS 2" debate.

__________________
Bonafide Fan of Almost Everything
Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #15
Adamantium
Your King
 
Adamantium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Back home around country folk
Posts: 401
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

,...............


Last edited by Adamantium; 11-22-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #16
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,218
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Don't be so mean guys. Yes, it's a little late in the game for a topic like this but i was one of the main people on this board back in the spring/summer, coming up with very similar ways to bring Bale back.

Now i feel different as i honor the end of the trilogy and see that MOS has to work with a different batman. Im also down with Batfleck.

But for old times sake, sure...

All you would have to do is bring Bruce back in Gotham when he sees the Zod announcement + all the chaos in Metropolis. Blake is Nightwing and the city in some ways has a higher spirit within their people since Batman's death. They visit his monument every chance they get too. But at the same time the city is slowly going back to the days of organized crime. You can even say that Arkham patients are in the process of being rounded up by Gordon and Blake's Nightwing (see the Rises novelization).

Say Bruce comes back and has left Selina in Italy. He's not sure where he stands with her anymore. But one thing is for sure...he's paranoid as hell about this "Superman". He doesnt trust that Blake has enough training to take care of Gotham AND a possible alien threat. This insults Blake to no end and doesn't want any part of Bruce's obsession with Clark especially since Nightwing is on Superman's side. He likes his way of doing things. He's also not sure if this vigilante business is for him anymore so he leaves the cave.

Bruce sees that Gotham is alone but he's not willing to return as the Batman anymore. For him, it's in his past. Until we see some TDKReturns moments where he keeps getting nightmares which include his parents. His paranoia increases. Fox has retired since so he's all alone and this is where "the world's greatest detective" really starts to shine. He's semi-retired (as the new rumors state) and he's created bat-drones to patrol the city in the year that's passed since the events of MOS.

When he decides to become batman again, in a new suit (created by HIM)...a more traditional batmobile (created by himself too), it's all because of Superman. He draws him out.

Im starting to believe that this idea was created around the time MOS was dropping or a little earlier. And they were courting Bale for it. He said no so they went with Affleck and started building ways to create new things for a more Kingdom Come meets Animated Series direction such as the suit and "Dick Grayson"/Diana Prince. You never know maybe the bat-drones were created with the premise of the story when they were throwing as much money as they could at Bale too. It's not hard to see the connection. I mean...we have a early 40s Bruce Wayne who is semi-retired with a young adult Nightwing.


Last edited by shauner111; 11-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

shauner


ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,218
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
shauner

exactly man

Where's Rodrigo and Shikamaru when you need them! This feels like im back in June.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #19
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,218
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

But honestly, that was me having some fun again since the OP resurrected the concept.

But let's be for real. This is never going to happen now and im glad i have that franchise as a tight trilogy. The Batfleck stuff is controversial, not everybody is on board yet, but I am. It could have been interesting but i think way too bizarre seeing Bale in a different suit. Especially a suit that's grey and black from Snyder with all his CG he likes to add in his movies....with that 3D element. Sooo weird. Drones seem to be a different world too but i guess that part could have been cool coming from Bale, acting all obsessive.

But what's done is done. Im eager to see Cavill and Affleck looking like two jacked up monsters fighting each other. New bat villains, new everything.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #20
J.Drangal
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France, Strasbourg.
Posts: 40
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's not hard to see the connection. I mean...we have a early 40s Bruce Wayne who is semi-retired with a young adult Nightwing.
I'm totally against connecting TDKT with MOS, but the way you're developping your thing, I start to ask myself too if WB wasn't planning to do it this way. All the element we know for the moment are there. The older Batman, a young adult sidekick,... I remember they were saying Superman was the first hero of this universe, and taking Batman from TDKT, in the last installement he was starting to be just an urban legend before his return, so it was still possible to play with a Batman already there but operating in the shadow.
Good call, but even if WB was really up for a similar approach, I still think it's not a good idea. This trilogy was a sort of elseworld, and giving a continuity to it is the best manner to destroy the thematics treated in it.

J.Drangal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #21
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,218
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Drangal View Post
I'm totally against connecting TDKT with MOS, but the way you're developping your thing, I start to ask myself too if WB wasn't planning to do it this way. All the element we know for the moment are there. The older Batman, a young adult sidekick,... I remember they were saying Superman was the first hero of this universe, and taking Batman from TDKT, in the last installement he was starting to be just an urban legend before his return, so it was still possible to play with a Batman already there but operating in the shadow.
Good call, but even if WB was really up for a similar approach, I still think it's not a good idea. This trilogy was a sort of elseworld, and giving a continuity to it is the best manner to destroy the thematics treated in it.
I agree, for sure. It's best left alone and it gives them ways to do more solo films for Batman. They can also smoothly introduce all these different sci-fi elements to Bats without explaining why Bruce has to come to Gotham, etc.

But i just think it's true. Going after Bale was all about money but Goyer had the premise down for a while so that's why i think they went for him and probably didn't mind rebooting because they could stick with the same premise. It just works for Bale and Affleck too, with some adjustments to make it more comic booky (which fits MOS more obviously).

I bet they would have left the solo movie idea on the shelf and just used Bale/JGL and maybe somebody like Oldman for a cameo. Had him come back cuz of Superman, falling out with Blake, creates drones to patrol Gotham, leaves for Metropolis to finally put a new suit on. It's rather easy. You do the same things with Lex, Lois, Diana whatever. Keep Bale as Batman for team-up movies only. Done.

But now they have a way to do so much more so they could care less.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #22
RakuMon
Side-Kick
 
RakuMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,898
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Just wanna clarify that I'm not trying to stir up old debates. If you click thru the link, you'll see that I'm on board with Affleck and the trilogy as a standalone.

But as shaunner pointed out, the rumors around the project seem to point toward the kind of Bats that could easily have been Bale. Also, from a business and peripheral standpoint, Nolan's DNA was all over MOS -- from the title fonts to the branding to the Zimmer score -- that a cohesion between the two seemingly makes sense.

That's all. Again, and for the record, I'm all for Affleck and revere TDKT as a standalone accomplishment. It was just too hard to ignore the connections and what could've been after hearing about the potential direction of the sequel.

__________________
THE NERDS OF COLOR -- Pop culture with a different perspective.

SECRET IDENTITIES VOLUME 2: Shattered -- NOW!!! Order Volume One at Amazon today!
RakuMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #23
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

This just shouldn't have its own thread.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #24
RakuMon
Side-Kick
 
RakuMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,898
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

It's a missed opportunity is all.

__________________
THE NERDS OF COLOR -- Pop culture with a different perspective.

SECRET IDENTITIES VOLUME 2: Shattered -- NOW!!! Order Volume One at Amazon today!
RakuMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #25
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,135
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Just wanna clarify that I'm not trying to stir up old debates. If you click thru the link, you'll see that I'm on board with Affleck and the trilogy as a standalone.

But as shaunner pointed out, the rumors around the project seem to point toward the kind of Bats that could easily have been Bale. Also, from a business and peripheral standpoint, Nolan's DNA was all over MOS -- from the title fonts to the branding to the Zimmer score -- that a cohesion between the two seemingly makes sense.

That's all. Again, and for the record, I'm all for Affleck and revere TDKT as a standalone accomplishment. It was just too hard to ignore the connections and what could've been after hearing about the potential direction of the sequel.
But the problem isn't that they should be standalone projects. It's that the connections you bring up compromise the story of TDKT. Which means that on a fundamental basis, the two movies are NOT compatible (If BB/TDK had implied that there was a larger DC universe, then maybe). The burden of proof would fall on you and any other TDKR-MOS fan to prove how these two films could be connected without compromise.

You may think it's a missed opportunity, but from a story standpoint they make no sense and defeats the trilogy, in the sense that Bruce Wayne was given a catharsis in the finale of his character arc, and that's completely negated for the sake of making a connection between TDKR and MOS. In this case, Batman was treated as an end result of Wayne's depression and trauma. Also, Bruce Wayne would have to be ultra intelligent to pull off the drones, which is something Bale/Nolan's Batman wasn't. So it's an opportunity to start fresh and provide what could be another definitive take on Batman.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.