The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
J.Drangal
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France, Strasbourg.
Posts: 29
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
.
Also, from a business and peripheral standpoint, Nolan's DNA was all over MOS -- from the title fonts to the branding to the Zimmer score -- that a cohesion between the two seemingly makes sense.
That's true, and to be honest, it kind of disturbed me. From a marketing point of view, MOS wasn't proposing something new and was letting supposed it was connect to TDKT. Some of big names were still there. I still hope Zimmer won't come back. I enjoyed his work on Batman, bu this new universe needs to fully detach from the Nolan's trilogy.

J.Drangal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:54 AM   #27
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,921
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

We are supposedly getting a Batman who is -

* Experienced and world weary, operating from his BatCave.

* Keeping an eye on Gotham City through surveillance.

* Using Bat-robots to maintain law and order in Gotham.


If we look at the rough direction they want Ben Affleck's Batman to take...It looks like it could be sequel to TDKR (by making some modifications)

I mean.. if Nolan's Batman were to return to Gotham and maintain a minimum contact with the outside world, he will act like.. what is Goyer is hinting at for Batman Vs Superman movie.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #28
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,939
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

If you believe the drone rumors, you should believe the Dick Grayson rumors too. It doesn't make sense for Grayson to exist in the Nolanverse, Blake is their version of ROBIN. There's no chance of these two being connected, i can't believe people are even entertaining this idea

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #29
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,797
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

To the original post, look, I can appreciate the article, but I believe it would have been better served to focus on something that is more forward thinking for Man of Steel and whatever DC universe we end up getting. The Dark Knight ship has sailed well and truly. Celebrate that series for what it is, a fantastic Batman series, focus on the future.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #30
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,944
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
We are supposedly getting a Batman who is -

* Experienced and world weary, operating from his BatCave.

* Keeping an eye on Gotham City through surveillance.

* Using Bat-robots to maintain law and order in Gotham.


If we look at the rough direction they want Ben Affleck's Batman to take...It looks like it could be sequel to TDKR (by making some modifications)

I mean.. if Nolan's Batman were to return to Gotham and maintain a minimum contact with the outside world, he will act like.. what is Goyer is hinting at for Batman Vs Superman movie.
My exact thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
If you believe the drone rumors, you should believe the Dick Grayson rumors too. It doesn't make sense for Grayson to exist in the Nolanverse, Blake is their version of ROBIN. There's no chance of these two being connected, i can't believe people are even entertaining this idea
That's true about Grayson but that's why i think they swapped Blake for Grayson once they knew for sure that Bale wasn't returning and had to "reinvent".

It just sounds to me like Goyer had this premise for a while "OK guys we have Bruce retired, hiding out in the cave doing surveillance work with drones that he's created. He's back in Gotham after the alien invasion. He has a falling out with Blake over this paranoia. He goes to Metropolis and it all begins with Superman. Maybe we'll bring Diana in for a cameo".

There's your premise. Bale and Nolan say no so they make tiny adjustments. The exact same premise except replace Blake with Grayson, it's a new world so Bruce is semi-retired since he's been batman non-stop for over a decade. He's still in the public as Bruce Wayne so we'll add a love interest when he arrives in Metropolis. Everything else stays the same.

Then the question is, which one is better? The new version with Affleck fits more smoothly.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #31
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,703
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Simply put, and without being mean, no, it's a really bad idea.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #32
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,307
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Bale's Bruce Wayne is "busy" with Selina in Bora Bora no need for him to comeback.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #33
RakuMon
Side-Kick
 
RakuMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,898
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Again, I'm not advocating that WB drop everything and bring back Bale. I'm more than fine with starting over.

If you read the entire article in the link (and not just the bullet points, which were my thoughts on how you could connect the grounded realism of TDKT with the world of MOS) you'll see that I'm just making the same essential point that shauner is, mainly that the current rumors seem to suggest that the Nolanverse was meant to be a launching pad for the DCU. And more than just creatively but from a marketing and branding standpoint as well.

__________________
THE NERDS OF COLOR -- Pop culture with a different perspective.

SECRET IDENTITIES VOLUME 2: Shattered -- NOW!!! Order Volume One at Amazon today!
RakuMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #34
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,303
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
My exact thoughts.

That's true about Grayson but that's why i think they swapped Blake for Grayson once they knew for sure that Bale wasn't returning and had to "reinvent".

It just sounds to me like Goyer had this premise for a while "OK guys we have Bruce retired, hiding out in the cave doing surveillance work with drones that he's created. He's back in Gotham after the alien invasion. He has a falling out with Blake over this paranoia. He goes to Metropolis and it all begins with Superman. Maybe we'll bring Diana in for a cameo".

There's your premise. Bale and Nolan say no so they make tiny adjustments. The exact same premise except replace Blake with Grayson, it's a new world so Bruce is semi-retired since he's been batman non-stop for over a decade. He's still in the public as Bruce Wayne so we'll add a love interest when he arrives in Metropolis. Everything else stays the same.
I absolutely think WB had Bale and Nolan in mind for this originally. Again, it goes back to El May's LR report back in decemeber which stated as much. Bale and Nolan weren't gonna come back anyway but it was certainly a hope WB had . I think that's why so much of what we're hearing about Affleck's Batman is a bit of a rehash from what we saw in tdkr.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #35
Binker
Side-Kick
 
Binker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,329
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

IMO, Nolan's Batman shouldn't be the Batman in the MOS/DCCU. While it's true that we were using the Bale Batman image and the Dark Knight Trilogy universe, then placing it along side the Cavill Superman image and the world seen in MOS, that was only because that was still modern/recent and we were using what we got until we saw what they were going to create. The reality is: by just using Nolan's version, limits ideas and possibilities for future stories. Because while there can be things that could work for the Nolan Batman, there are still ALOT of other things that couldn't work. They just don't go together as one thinks.

Besides, there is one way they could do it, but I'm not gonna say what it is.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #36
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,797
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakuMon View Post
Again, I'm not advocating that WB drop everything and bring back Bale. I'm more than fine with starting over.

If you read the entire article in the link (and not just the bullet points, which were my thoughts on how you could connect the grounded realism of TDKT with the world of MOS) you'll see that I'm just making the same essential point that shauner is, mainly that the current rumors seem to suggest that the Nolanverse was meant to be a launching pad for the DCU. And more than just creatively but from a marketing and branding standpoint as well.
The argument against that is that Nolan was himself involved with MoS and had been explicit from day one that his Batman was in it's own universe.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,641
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

It's not happening. It shouldn't happen.

End of.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #38
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 192
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

I don't want it to happen either, BUT if we live in a world where The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises never existed, it might have been pulled off with a stand alone Batman Begins. It's a stretch, of course, but I always found Batman Begins a little more fantastical than the other two movies in the trilogy. This is a common argument, but I found Batman in Batman Begins acting more like Batman such as using gadgets, hiding in the shadows, etc. He did do that in the later movies, but I found it executed better in Batman Begins for some reason. The majority of the movie took place in the "narrows" of Gotham City, which certainly gave off a more comic booky vibe and look.


Last edited by souNdwAve89; 11-23-2013 at 08:20 PM.
souNdwAve89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #39
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,538
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
It's not happening. It shouldn't happen.

End of.
This.

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on May 6, 2016

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #40
The Valeyard
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 373
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

They ruined and retired Nolan's Batman with TDKR. It's a waste but what's done is done.


Nolan's Batman is over.

The Valeyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #41
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,944
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

They didnt ruin ****. They told their story and it was great. But yes now let's move on.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 View Post
I don't want it to happen either, BUT if we live in a world where The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises never existed, it might have been pulled off with a stand alone Batman Begins. It's a stretch, of course, but I always found Batman Begins a little more fantastical than the other two movies in the trilogy. This is a common argument, but I found Batman in Batman Begins acting more like Batman such as using gadgets, hiding in the shadows, etc. He did do that in the later movies, but I found it executed better in Batman Begins for some reason. The majority of the movie took place in the "narrows" of Gotham City, which certainly gave off a more comic booky vibe and look.
I feel like Batman Begins felt like it could have transitioned into a more comic bookish franchise later on without taking away from what the universe of Begins was. TDKR felt like it couldn't make up its mind whether it wanted to be more stylized (Begins) or more naturalistic, like TDK. Notice I still didn't use the word realistic to describe either. Too realistic for superpowers, not realistic enough to really escape the superhero genre in terms of believably. Case in point, Batman's grappling hook wouldn't be big enough to support his weight IRL.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #43
eat mas tacos
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

I have two issues with this:
1. Having a 20 min prologue that had to explain how this new batman is Nolans batman XXyears later in a superman movie is far to much batman screen time for a Man of Steel sequel. I want the fist few minutes to be about Clark and what he's been up to as news reporter Clark Kent and as Kal El/Superman.

BUT let me play devils advocate her for just a sec. - What if it was implied that Ben Affleck and Christian Bale are one in the same just years later.... ex. Katie Holmes and Maggie Gylenhal are Rachel. There was no explanation to why there was an actress change they just did it and moved on. If they did the same with Ben and THEN MAYBE use your 20 min prologue for the first few minutes of a stand alone batman movie to just bridge the gap then MAYBE JUST MAYBE I could probably sorta kinda possibly be down with it except for...

2. I don't want TDKT to be F***ED with! I loved the movies and are for me personally the best batman and comic book movies to date! We should all just move on and just let it be.

Final verdict: Mildly intresting but nah.

eat mas tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #44
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,944
Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat mas tacos View Post
I have two issues with this:
1. Having a 20 min prologue that had to explain how this new batman is Nolans batman XXyears later in a superman movie is far to much batman screen time for a Man of Steel sequel. I want the fist few minutes to be about Clark and what he's been up to as news reporter Clark Kent and as Kal El/Superman.

BUT let me play devils advocate her for just a sec. - What if it was implied that Ben Affleck and Christian Bale are one in the same just years later.... ex. Katie Holmes and Maggie Gylenhal are Rachel. There was no explanation to why there was an actress change they just did it and moved on. If they did the same with Ben and THEN MAYBE use your 20 min prologue for the first few minutes of a stand alone batman movie to just bridge the gap then MAYBE JUST MAYBE I could probably sorta kinda possibly be down with it except for...

2. I don't want TDKT to be F***ED with! I loved the movies and are for me personally the best batman and comic book movies to date! We should all just move on and just let it be.

Final verdict: Mildly intresting but nah.
I agree but at the same time, im expecting the intro to be in Gotham. Drones are doing the job, then we go to Bruce in the cave where he converses with Alfred about Superman. Then it transitions to Metropolis where Clark and Lois are at work with Perry. This is how i see it going.

I dont want TDKT messed with either. Now that i know it's all one big money fest to combat Avengers by bringing in a damn model for Wonder Woman, with the inclusion of Flash (?), Nightwing, Lex Luthor, maybe Doomsday..there's just no way Bale would return for this. Nolan wouldnt allow it and so im happy.

But yes they could have made Affleck the Bale version but you still have to take too much time to explain why Bruce is back in Gotham. Sure we know Affleck's version is retired and in his early 40s, but now that Grayson is involved it doesnt make sense. If they were bringing back JGL id say sure. But that's not happening.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.