The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 11-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #26
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Default Re: How powerful should Jor-el be from beyond the grave?Can he be used to fix plot ho

bring him back, Jor-el was a pretty good supporting character.

8Diagrams(WU) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: How powerful should Jor-el be from beyond the grave?Can he be used to fix plot ho

I say no more Jor-el. We saw him die a real death and a digital death in MOS. I think he's done for, except for in flashbacks perhaps. Superman can and has to find his own solutions now.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

The little black thingy was left aboard the Black Zero. So unless they can reopen the phantom zone then he's a goner.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I thought they left the opportunity for Jor-El to return since the key is still active and somewhere with Kal's craft in the PZ.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #30
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I thought they left the opportunity for Jor-El to return since the key is still active and somewhere with Kal's craft in the PZ.
I thought that at first but it looks like the fortress of Solitude was destroyed during the movie.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #31
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
I thought that at first but it looks like the fortress of Solitude was destroyed during the movie.
The scout ship was destroyed, but when they activated the PZ by crashing into the Black Zero there is a long shot of the key before Hardy tells Faora "a good death is its own reward." And considering Hamilton disappears then I think there a good chance we could see Jor-El again.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #32
DvilDog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I really loved the part where Clark had no direction in his life until he was 33, and then when he meets Jor-El he acquires direction and we see him smile for the first time and learn to fly. He runs home to Martha, pleased that he met his real parents.

I also liked the part where Clark was stuck on the Kryptonian ship and did not know what to do. He was strapped down, and would have died and the Earth would have been destroyed. Then, Jor-El tells Lois what to do, and Jor-El changes the atmosphere in the ship so that Clark can escape.

But my favourite part of the movie is toward the end. The Kryptonians have been defined as a force that Clark cannot defeat using brute strength only. They are changing the Earth's gravity and chemistry. They are blasting Metropolis and destroying F-18 fighter planes. They cannot be stopped. They cannot be defeated. Except by Jor-El's technology. Jor-El says if you drop Superman's baby crib onto the Kryptonian ship it will create a perfectly calibrated black hole: one with enough gravity to suck in the kryptonians, but not so much gravity that it destroys the Earth.

The franchise needs more Jor-El -- he kicks so much ass. I'd like to see him go to Oa and defeat Sinestro.
You are so wrong they werent F-18's they were F-35 JSF's, sheesh did you even see the movie?

I kid, I kid.

DvilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #33
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
The scout ship was destroyed, but when they activated the PZ by crashing into the Black Zero there is a long shot of the key before Hardy tells Faora "a good death is its own reward." And considering Hamilton disappears then I think there a good chance we could see Jor-El again.
That's plausible indeed.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #34
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

If Russell Crowe was coming back I think he would've been announced same time as the other members of the MOS cast were.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #35
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I don't think he'll come back. Snyder even talked about his two deaths in the extra features on the blu-ray.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #36
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

But he's not really dead...per se. It's like he can be activated again...or at least that is the way I saw it.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #37
Donut
Side-Kick

Am I the only one that thought Jor-El looked & was a bit like Obi Wan Kenobi from Attack Of The Clones ? & then the whole friendly creature thing from Revenge Of The Sith

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote