The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 9

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Yes it would be the resolution of the great (we don't know if its the only one) Supes/Bats movie. They will still get a resolution. Just like the end of BBÖthere was a resolution and then they teased Joker. This movie would be no different.
It is different though. The Joker is Batman's main villain. Introducing him still keeps thoughts with Batman and his future interactions with his main villain. It doesn't change the sequel from what it was: A Batman sequel. Introducing Flash and Wondy changes this from a Bats/Supes movie to Justice League Begins and that's where peoples' thoughts will be.

\S/T*
Old 11-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

If it's an after credits tag then I think it would be fine. However I'd be much more skeptical of adding it onto the end like the Joker tease in BB. For BB that was more natural since it was Batman's nemesis and a continuation of his story. I think it would be another thing altogether to tag onto what is hopefully a stand alone story for Batman/Superman with a tag to a whole other franchise like the Justice League or even the next Batman solo.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I still think that they should have someone in this film, whether it be Lois or Batman, or even Lex...comment and note on how there are other metahumans/superheroes starting to appear out of the shadows around the world, perhaps as a reaction to Superman's debut onto the scene, in order to help give a bigger allusion to the growing DC universe.

Heck, they could even have Lois say that she's colleagues/friends with Iris Allen and how she's heard from her that a mysterious speedy hero has arrived onto Central city, etc

Old 11-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
It is different though. The Joker is Batman's main villain. Introducing him still keeps thoughts with Batman and his future interactions with his main villain. It doesn't change the sequel from what it was: A Batman sequel. Introducing Flash and Wondy changes this from a Bats/Supes movie to Justice League Begins and that's where peoples' thoughts will be.
No it's not. You are trying to make it a different thing. Teasing the next story is teasing the next story regardless if it's the new villain or the group of guys Superman teams up with. If Flash and WW show up at the end it doesn't change the movie.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

As long as it's kept to a minimum and doesn't derail the film then I'm happy with cameos and/or easter eggs.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I still think that they should have someone in this film, whether it be Lois or Batman, or even Lex...comment and note on how there are other metahumans/superheroes starting to appear out of the shadows around the world, perhaps as a reaction to Superman's debut onto the scene, in order to help give a bigger allusion to the growing DC universe.

Heck, they could even have Lois say that she's colleagues/friends with Iris Allen and how she's heard from her that a mysterious speedy hero has arrived onto Central city, etc
This is what I want. If they are going to go to the trouble of adding anything then it should be added for the greater purpose of establishing the entire universe.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
roach
I am the night

Marketing will be crazy on this…i'd do a campaign like they did with Twilight(i know but bear with me). Play up the whole versus thing.

Are you Team Batman or Team Superman?
Do a thing with a fast food joint where they have the Superman burger or the Batman burger.
Print up Team Batman or Team Superman T-shirts.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
This is what I want. If they are going to go to the trouble of adding anything then it should be added for the greater purpose of establishing the entire universe.
This +100000

Old 11-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
No it's not. You are trying to make it a different thing. Teasing the next story is teasing the next story regardless if it's the new villain or the group of guys Superman teams up with. If Flash and WW show up at the end it doesn't change the movie.
Yes it is. Teasing the justice league makes people think about the JL and furthers the idea that JL is the grand prize while everything else is a stepping stone at best.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #12
roach
I am the night

Old 11-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Marketing will be crazy on thisÖi'd do a campaign like they did with Twilight(i know but bear with me). Play up the whole versus thing.

Are you Team Batman or Team Superman?
Do a thing with a fast food joint where they have the Superman burger or the Batman burger.
Print up Team Batman or Team Superman T-shirts.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
MrsKent26
Whatever.

You keep using the wrong pictures, roach. That's his face when his movie is Justice League-Lite. He's on my side.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #15
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
thank you for adding to the conversation

Old 11-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
You keep using the wrong pictures, roach. That's his face when his movie is Justice League-Lite. He's on my side.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #17
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^^^Harvey, yyyyeeeessss.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #18
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I giggled.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 AM   #19
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes it is. Teasing the justice league makes people think about the JL and furthers the idea that JL is the grand prize while everything else is a stepping stone at best.
This is why I think one of the titles that should be considered is Justice League: The Worlds Finest, or The Worlds Finest: Superman & Batman. Adding JL to the title would add extra buzz to the film and raise movie audience curiosity even more since the film is a JL origin film basically anyhow.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #20
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
The joker scene is the ending to batman begins, not the teaser to the dark knight.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #21
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Ha that vid shows how those kind of dynamic expressive white eye lens' are impossible in live-action. I'm sure we'll get the black eye make-up again. But why fix what ain't broke I guess.

I wonder if Zack Snyder will direct Justice League. I can only imagine how amazing the visuals in that would look.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #22
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Ha that vid shows how those kind of dynamic expressive white eye lens' are impossible in live-action. I'm sure we'll get the black eye make-up again. But why fix what ain't broke I guess.

I wonder if Zack Snyder will direct Justice League. I can only imagine how amazing the visuals in that would look.
I think he should co-direct it with Ben Affleck. Ben for the narrative/performances/structure, Snyder for the camera angles/aesthetics/action scenes. I think pairing him up could bring out his strengths, without the film suffering from his weaknesses. Though I think even Zack should avoid battle scenes in an urban area from now on

Old 11-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
The joker scene is the ending to batman begins, not the teaser to the dark knight.
No it's not. If the Joker card is never shown would people have walked out of the film thinking it was incomplete?

Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
No it's not. If the Joker card is never shown would people have walked out of the film thinking it was incomplete?
You've set up a false dichotomy. The scene definitely adds to Batman Begins, that doesn't mean that Batman Begins would have sucked without it.

I mean, really?

The point of Batman Begins is in the title, "Batman Begins". That includes the world of Batman. That scene would have been an excellent scene even if no sequel had ever been made. It says that Batman will have to keep on fighting for a long time at a minimum and meet all sorts of exotic rogues.

As evidence, I submit that it is the kind of ending that a lot of fans wanted for... The Dark Knight Rises. They wanted to know that Batman would keep on fighting.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #25
MaceB
Side-Kick

Haha, trying to argue that the Joker mention at the end of BB wasn't a tease to TDK. hehe, classic.

Closed Thread