The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #51
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

For me, id rather the other heroes be hinted at or shown toward the end.
Maybe brainiac could be the main villain in wf, along with lex, but its discovered at the end that a much bigger threat was pulling brainiacs strings, Darkseid, prompting Bats to seek out other heroes for the coming war.
It could show bats at the end of the film in the batcave, sitting at his computers, looking at different screens. One has ww on it, another the flash, etc etc.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #52
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
For me, id rather the other heroes be hinted at or shown toward the end.
Maybe brainiac could be the main villain in wf, along with lex, but its discovered at the end that a much bigger threat was pulling brainiacs strings, Darkseid, prompting Bats to seek out other heroes for the coming war.
It could show bats at the end of the film in the batcave, sitting at his computers, looking at different screens. One has ww on it, another the flash, etc etc.
Love the idea of Batman and Superman facing off against Brainiac and Lex for WF

Old 11-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #53
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

So I see Zack Snyder made it onto GQ's Least Influential People of 2013 list. Boy, the Snyder/MOS haters are gonna have a field day with that....

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #54
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Love the idea of Batman and Superman facing off against Brainiac and Lex for WF
I wanted Brainiac too. I have always thought he and Lex would be good villains to pair together.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #55
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
So I see Zack Snyder made it onto GQ's Least Influential People of 2013 list. Boy, the Snyder/MOS haters are gonna have a field day with that....
Ouch!

Old 11-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #56
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
They can try. But I don't care too much. Magazines don't dictate my opinion of anyone. Snyder's always been disliked by critics of any kind. They seem to think he's some kind of Dudebro.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #57
Rorschach2012
$

GQ is douchey who cares

Old 11-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #58
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder
Whenever a studio executive needs a reboot of something and his sole creative direction is "Make it grittier!" Snyder is the dude they call. He'll totally bro up your Superman by sucking all the joy out of every frame and adding muscles. Big, ripply, 300-style muscles. Oh, did you want Superman to be a shining light of morality in a harsh and cruel world? Screw that candy-ass ****. Superbro is gonna crush some buildings and give zero ****s about collateral damage. Grittiness: unlocked.

Zack Snyder's signature recipe: Take one happy-go-lucky superhero, blast him with a fire hose of muck, then order him to brood or he gets the Kryptonite."

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cele...#ixzz2lbivLokQ

Drew Magary clearly wasn't impressed with the film, interesting way to go about all of this though. He could have just joined a forum and made a post like the rest. The funniest part is how it all comes down to Snyder. Looks like the stars alined and drew found his opportunity.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #59
Travesty
Dats right!

"Superbro"

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #60
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Zack Snyder's signature recipe: Take one happy-go-lucky superhero, blast him with a fire hose of muck, then order him to brood or he gets the Kryptonite."
How the **** is that his "signature recipe"?
The only other hero movie that he made was watchmen......I don't recall any of the watchmen characters ever being " happy-go-lucky"

Last edited by Astro13Zombie; 11-24-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #61
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder
Whenever a studio executive needs a reboot of something and his sole creative direction is "Make it grittier!" Snyder is the dude they call. He'll totally bro up your Superman by sucking all the joy out of every frame and adding muscles. Big, ripply, 300-style muscles. Oh, did you want Superman to be a shining light of morality in a harsh and cruel world? Screw that candy-ass ****. Superbro is gonna crush some buildings and give zero ****s about collateral damage. Grittiness: unlocked.

Drew Magary clearly wasn't impressed with the film, interesting way to go about all of this though. He could have just joined a forum and made a post like the rest. The funniest part is how it all comes down to Snyder. Looks like the stars alined and drew found his opportunity.
Is that really what he said?

OMG. That is hard-core stupid. How old is this guy? This is the kind of stuff that gets published in magazines? Wow.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #62
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

The funny thing for me is I really had no faith in this movie. I don't follow directors or screen writers, but after SR I was not even inspired to see this in the theater. I figured it would be bad and that would be that. When I finally watched the film I was surprised by how much I actually liked it. I don't understand all the hate Synder or the movie gets, but of course you can't please everyone.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #63
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
How the **** is that his "signature recipe"?
The only other hero movie that he made was watchmen......I don't recall any of the watchmen characters ever being " happy-go-lucky"
He made the same gaff with the idea that Snyder has been some sort of studio go to guy for reboots.
Drew needs to let it all out, maybe over a tub of ice cream and the notebook.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #64
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
The funny thing for me is I really had no faith in this movie. I don't follow directors or screen writers, but after SR I was not even inspired to see this in the theater. I figured it would be bad and that would be that. When I finally watched the film I was surprised by how much I actually liked it. I don't understand all the hate Synder or the movie gets, but of course you can't please everyone.
I've always been curious what the effect SR had on the audience anticipation. I've always believed had mos come out instead of that film it would have been "much bigger", but in all the hype for MOS I personally forgot about the amount of people with Superman fatigue post Singer.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #65
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder

Each word practically reeks of douchebaggery.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #66
charl_huntress

Quote:
I've always been curious what the effect SR had on the audience anticipation. I've always believed had mos come out instead of that film it would have been "much bigger", but in all the hype for MOS I personally forgot about the amount of people with Superman fatigue post Singer.
The fatigue was real for me. I was SOOOOOO excited for SR and then just totally let down by the end results. I had a signature line for years that begged for a reboot, but when I finally got it I just didn't care about it. My excitement had diminished to utter disappointment and I had no faith anymore. I just expected something similar to happen again.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #67
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder

I'm pretty sure this ignorant hack has only seen the original Chris Reeve movies, and hasn't watched/read any other Superman stories. It's sad that this article will get so much attention because GQ's a major publication

Old 11-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #68
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It was a nod to Batman: Year One. Chris himself said he wasn't sure about using Joker in The Dark Knight unil the plot called for it.
Thank you, it's amazing that people can't grasp it.

The Joker mention at the end of Batman Begins is a natural part of Batman Begins. It emerges organically from the events of the movie and it is an inevitable story point of any Batman continuity. It's actually... kind of similar to the shawarma scene at the end of the avengers, in that it is only about the movie that just happened, and its themes.

It's totally different from showing Tony Stark sipping a drink at the end of a Hulk movie.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #69
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
The fatigue was real for me. I was SOOOOOO excited for SR and then just totally let down by the end results. I had a signature line for years that begged for a reboot, but when I finally got it I just didn't care about it. My excitement had diminished to utter disappointment and I had no faith anymore. I just expected something similar to happen again.
The opposite happened with me. I thought SR sucked, but I knew there was no way it could be worse with all of the complaints it got. i knew the next Superman movie would be action packed with a better villain

Old 11-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #70
charl_huntress

Quote:
The opposite happened with me. I thought SR sucked, but I knew there was no way it could be worse with all of the complaints it got. i knew the next Superman movie would be action packed with a better villain
My faith that anyone could properly bring Supes to the screen was nil by that point. I was willing to wait for the disappointment.

Now I have to temper my excitement for MOS2w/Batman because I don't want to get too excited again.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #71
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder

That was funny but this guy obviously doesn't know anything about modern Superman. I dont know everything about Superman either but i guess i know more than he does.

People like that just exaggerate because they think it sounds cool or funny. Was MOS grittier than previous Superman movies or the big Marvel movies? Sure. Sucking the joy out of every frame? There were one-liners, packed action. Pretty much the entire last act was a gigantic continuous fight scene that A LOT of people got a kick out of actually. Did Clark brood? Yes, but he's learning how to be Superman and accept who he is. This guy is just a doucher.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #72
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
That was funny but this guy obviously doesn't know anything about modern Superman. I dont know everything about Superman either but i guess i know more than he does.

People like that just exaggerate because they think it sounds cool or funny. Was MOS grittier than previous Superman movies or the big Marvel movies? Sure. Sucking the joy out of every frame? There were one-liners, packed action. Pretty much the entire last act was a gigantic continuous fight scene that A LOT of people got a kick out of actually. Did Clark brood? Yes, but he's learning how to be Superman and accept who he is. This guy is just a doucher.

I'm so glad that it was grittier than the Marvel movies. They keep getting more and more childish, it sucks I don't want that! A lot of people disagree, but I think MOS and TDKT had the perfect amount of humor in their films

Old 11-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #73
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I'm so glad that it was grittier than the Marvel movies. They keep getting more and more childish, it sucks I don't want that! A lot of people disagree, but I think MOS and TDKT had the perfect amount of humor in their films
I agree with all of this. Glad I'm not the only one.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #74
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

It's one thing to attack Zack, who was chosen to direct a project that had the tone somewhat layed out in the script before he was hired to make the film. But what does he have against the Pope? And do Cicadas even COUNT as people?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #75
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder

Funny list.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Closed Thread