The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #76
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I agree with all of this. Glad I'm not the only one.
All my non comic book friends hate Marvel movies and love MOS and TDKT for this reason. We're all adults, we have no interest in seeing movies aimed at ten year olds. TDKT and MOS just feel like more "adult" movies. But at the same time, kids can appreciate them. I think Marvel is underestimating their audience. Kids are going to see their movies regardless of whether there are dumb kid-aimed jokes or not.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #77
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
As for Superman... one of the biggest criticisms of MOS was that it's main character felt underdeveloped and underutilized. I'm sorry but that's a legitimate concern for a lot of people. We barely even got to know Clark. And now before he can even stretch his legs, he's sharing the screen with Batman and god knows who else. Again, it just feels imposed.
Not really, they planned Batman to show up in MOS 2 long before MOS had its first review, so it wouldn't feel imposed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
"20. Zack Snyder
Whenever a studio executive needs a reboot of something and his sole creative direction is "Make it grittier!" Snyder is the dude they call. He'll totally bro up your Superman by sucking all the joy out of every frame and adding muscles. Big, ripply, 300-style muscles. Oh, did you want Superman to be a shining light of morality in a harsh and cruel world? Screw that candy-ass ****. Superbro is gonna crush some buildings and give zero ****s about collateral damage. Grittiness: unlocked.

Zack Snyder's signature recipe: Take one happy-go-lucky superhero, blast him with a fire hose of muck, then order him to brood or he gets the Kryptonite."

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cele...#ixzz2lbivLokQ

Drew Magary clearly wasn't impressed with the film, interesting way to go about all of this though. He could have just joined a forum and made a post like the rest. The funniest part is how it all comes down to Snyder. Looks like the stars aligned and drew found his opportunity.
Wow, what an ignorant little prick. He should really get his facts checked out. Superman's hardly "happy-go-lucky" in the modern era, not since the 70s-80s especially with the new 52 taking him back to his Golden Age personality as well as that he should check out "Death & Return of Superman" or "Kingdom Come". Honestly, why is it that there's some consensus belief that Superman's personality is akin to Captain Marvel's/Shazam's?

I'd like to give him a piece of my mind, can I have an email please?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #78
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Did that Drew whatever just confuse Snyder with Ratner? How many reboots has Snyder been a part of?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #79
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
All my non comic book friends hate Marvel movies and love MOS and TDKT for this reason. We're all adults, we have no interest in seeing movies aimed at ten year olds. TDKT and MOS just feel like more "adult" movies. But at the same time, kids can appreciate them. I think Marvel is underestimating their audience. Kids are going to see their movies regardless of whether there are dumb kid-aimed jokes or not.
I agree with everything. Again.

It always gets my goat when people complain about DC movies not being kid-friendly. There's nothing wrong with having some more adult CBMs. Older kids can still watch DC anyways.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #80
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Did that Drew whatever just confuse Snyder with Ratner? How many reboots has Snyder been a part of?
Yep, this is Snyder's first.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #81
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm so glad that it was grittier than the Marvel movies. They keep getting more and more childish, it sucks I don't want that! A lot of people disagree, but I think MOS and TDKT had the perfect amount of humor in their films
I agree! To me the humor is more natural while Marvel does have the odd funny, but it's overdone where i feel it's too childish or unnatural.

Why cant there be CBM's for adults?? There's enough of them to go around for decades to come, for the kids. Some Marvel movies have a good balance for all ages and im sure that's what we'll get from the Batfleck era. Even Burton's had that balance but Shumacher was all about the kids. Nolan's movies were definitely made for adults and the humor reflects that.

Quote:
Same here. Or the friends that enjoy comics but aren't so obsessed with reading them that they'd rather watch movies of them instead. I find they cant take how corny the old Supeman movies are or the current Marvel flicks but they enjoy TDKT and sometimes even MOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Wow, what an ignorant little prick. He should really get his facts checked out. Superman's hardly "happy-go-lucky" in the modern era, not since the 70s-80s especially with the new 52 taking him back to his Golden Age personality as well as that he should check out "Death & Return of Superman" or "Kingdom Come". Honestly, why is it that there's some consensus belief that Superman's personality is akin to Captain Marvel's/Shazam's?

I'd like to give him a piece of my mind, can I have an email please?
ohhhhh please do!

Old 11-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #82
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Yep, this is Snyder's first.
Almost all of that article was made up. It must have missed their fact-checker.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #83
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

that list is oxymoronic.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #84
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Yes, there is story potential...boring story potential.
Well that's a nonbiased, informed opinion...

Quote:
This is a good point, but I think the main concern is that the addition of these heroes doesn't overshadow Superman's sequel. The focus needs to be on him and stay on him. I don't mind the additions, but if their inclusion takes away from the main story then I think that will be problematic.
Which is all well and good. ASSUMING this is what will happen, though...that is what many are doing...and that I take issue with.

Quote:
As for me...I want at least a Superman trilogy that tells 3 self-contained stories for him alone. JL and all that should be kept separate from that.
It's nice to want things.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #85
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
[/B]

This is a question that's easily answered. And you should already know why.

When you have a handful of comics for Superman that are released every month with other characters in it there's no worries bc you know next month you get more Supes.

But when you have to wait years for a legit Superman movie (let alone a franchise) the second movie has rumors of not 1 but 4 other heroes in it…

Plus baddies, plus secondary characters of Superman plus rumors of other secondary characters for the 4 other heroes…

A Superman fan starts to feel some kinda way about that. And may start saying things like, "This isn't a Superman movie anymore".

I can empathize with that.
See, I don't. Because that's just such one-sided thinking. Instead of going, "Wow, my favorite character/Superman is going to have THE coolest superhero movie EVER" and being proud of that fact, people are whining about it.

And if I'm right
Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #86
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
GQ is douchey who cares
Right. I guarantee Snyder doesn't, nor should he. GQ is basically a fashion magazine for men.

*splat*
Old 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #87
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Well that's a nonbiased, informed opinion...

Which is all well and good. ASSUMING this is what will happen, though...that is what many are doing...and that I take issue with.

It's nice to want things.
Exactly. There's an awful lot of assumption based on nothing but rumor and guesswork. About the only "guest star" we know for a fact will be in the movie is Affleck as Batman. End of story.

*splat*
Old 11-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #88
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder
Whenever a studio executive needs a reboot of something and his sole creative direction is "Make it grittier!" Snyder is the dude they call. He'll totally bro up your Superman by sucking all the joy out of every frame and adding muscles. Big, ripply, 300-style muscles. Oh, did you want Superman to be a shining light of morality in a harsh and cruel world? Screw that candy-ass ****. Superbro is gonna crush some buildings and give zero ****s about collateral damage. Grittiness: unlocked.

Zack Snyder's signature recipe: Take one happy-go-lucky superhero, blast him with a fire hose of muck, then order him to brood or he gets the Kryptonite."

Drew Magary clearly wasn't impressed with the film, interesting way to go about all of this though. He could have just joined a forum and made a post like the rest. The funniest part is how it all comes down to Snyder. Looks like the stars alined and drew found his opportunity.
I wonder if he gave Nolan the same **** for making his Batman movies gritty. If he praises him for that...he just opened up a can of worms.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #89
shauner111
Side-Kick

Not necessarily. Some people are just sick of every franchise doing what Nolan did, so they pick on Man Of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man, James Bond, etc.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #90
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Not necessarily. Some people are just sick of every franchise doing what Nolan did, so they pick on Man Of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man, James Bond, etc.
Unlike with batman, both MOS and ASM faced following up to beloved installments to a degree. Goes some way to explaining why both got similar "tired of nolan" detraction.

If only like batman, they had followed stuff that wasn't "amazing balls."

Old 11-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #91
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
"20. Zack Snyder

Drew Magary clearly wasn't impressed with the film, interesting way to go about all of this though. He could have just joined a forum and made a post like the rest. The funniest part is how it all comes down to Snyder. Looks like the stars alined and drew found his opportunity.

Holy crap.

Probably one of the stupidest and least influential OPINION pieces I have heard in 2013. The guy who wrote that sounds like a douche.

Go figure!

Old 11-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #92
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I'm a fan of Nolan, but I'm not impressed by other people trying (re: failing) to be Nolan.

Star Trek into Darkness is a good example of a failed Nolan imitation.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-24-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #93
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Well that's a nonbiased, informed opinion....
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I happen to be well versed in the comics, so that is going to influence what I like in CBMs. I don't begrudge anyone who wants the pairing.... I just think all of y'all suck!

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #94
The Guard
Side-Kick

But the comics support them having a relationship...even older comics have toyed with the idea.

And if I'm right
Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #95
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
But the comics support them having a relationship...even older comics have toyed with the idea.
I know this Guard, but Supes and Wondy are too boring as an item. There was a reason they have not been paired for the 50-some-odd years they have both been in existence.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #96
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I'm a fan of Nolan, but I'm not impressed by other people trying (re: failing) to be Nolan.

Star Trek into Darkness is a good example of a failed Nolan imitation.
I'm sure there are people trying to imitate Nolan, but sometimes I think people are too quick to accuse everyone of that. Nolan didn't invent the concept of serious or "gritty" movies and they shouldn't be off limits to others just because of his style.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #97
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Superman and Wonder Woman are more like brother and sister, in my eyes. Bruce and Diana is a much sexier relationship.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #98
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Superman and Wonder Woman are more like brother and sister, in my eyes. Bruce and Diana is a much sexier relationship.
Quick. Someone manip up a pic of the rednecks from The Simpsons as Superman and Wonder Woman.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #99
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
This man or woman right here is speaking serious truth!

Old 11-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #100
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

In all seriousness though, I too prefer the Diana & Bruce pairing. I was really disappointed with the issue that decided to put a stop to it as far as the comics go.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Closed Thread