The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #51
Fervid09
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 101
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just hope they are doing this for online-hype. The viral site is cool and interesting but eh I don't want to watch DOFP next year and I ask myself whether if Magneto or Mystique killed JFK, the movie isn't even about it. I just hope they are just doing to maintain hype.
Yeah, it makes me feel so weird today. At the back of my head, I know that this will hardly be an issue because the major plot of the movie itself will center in 1973 and the Kennedy assassination is just a shadowed event leading to the main conflict. But the video! And the website! All the articles and images!! And I'm reading Reddit and Tumblr and Twitter and I find myself getting swept up by theories put forth by people who don't really follow this film and just generally believe that the whole assassination plot will be about Kennedy, lol. So I keep reminding myself, "Settle down! You know better!"

Man, this is frustrating.

Fervid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #52
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Really liking some of these shots.


BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #53
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,625
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

The video about the prison cell being miles down under the earths surface or something like that I can't remember it exact but it seems like singer may have big plans for the break out scene

http://www.bentbullet.com/video/inte...ive_vid_11.ogv

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-26-2013 at 08:18 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #54
Fervid09
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 101
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

^Haha, I hope it's not just a case of Charles freezing everyone on site. I want him to show-off and do something cool with his powers, but I also want to see more physical action. Wreck that place, Mags and Logan and Pietro!

Fervid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #55
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,635
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

I wonder how they arrested Erik, and he left his brotherhood?
Azazel and Angel Salvadore are dead. Emma helps Mystique to kill Kennedy? Where is Riptide?

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #56
Fervid09
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 101
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
I wonder how they arrested Erik, and he left his brotherhood?
He turned himself in.
Quote:
Azazel and Angel Salvadore are dead. Emma helps Mystique to kill Kennedy? Where is Riptide?
Some are theorizing that Emma is responsible for Jack Ruby's memory gaps, though we know that Emma is not in this movie. Another third-party is surely involved, most probably Friends of Humanity or the Purifiers.

We can probably just assume that Emma and Riptide bailed some time before all the major events happened. Maybe they remained loyal to Shaw's memory and couldn't really work with Erik? Azazel remained because of Mystique, and Angel just didn't have anywhere else to go and remained loyal to their cause.

Fervid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #57
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,089
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Really liking some of these shots.

The video (or the animated video of this picture) of this too was shot beautifully. You almost feel Erik is guilty by his facial expressions. It also looks like Fassy is using some of McKellen's mannerisms.


Last edited by EnDz0n3; 11-26-2013 at 10:22 AM.
EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #58
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,625
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

the prison seems to very well hidden away miles underground with what sounds like some unbreakable glass that can take more pressure then steel, seems like a big mission alone just to get in, makes me wonder how quicksilver,logan and whoever else will get him out of there, let alone whats up the top surounding the entrance to the underground tunnel

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #59
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,130
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The video (or the animated video of this picture) of this too was shot beautifully. You almost feel Erik is guilty by his facial expressions. It also looks like Fassy is using some of McKellen's mannerisms.
which video of this pic?

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #60
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,625
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1










__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #61
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,625
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1




__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #62
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,130
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

is that hank and xavier behind him?

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #63
gokira2012
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 34
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Bent bullet is distasteful, Fox has no shame

gokira2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #64
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,130
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokira2012 View Post
Bent bullet is distasteful, Fox has no shame
Did you find First class distasteful? that featured a Jewish woman being shot in front of her child. And the cold war.

Just because it is JFK doesn't mean he cant be used. If that is the issue then no film should be made about half the people that have died. No conspiracy theories should be published or have films made about them.

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #65
gokira2012
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 34
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Did you find First class distasteful? that featured a Jewish woman being shot in front of her child. And the cold war.

Just because it is JFK doesn't mean he cant be used. If that is the issue then no film should be made about half the people that have died. No conspiracy theories should be published or have films made about them.

There is a huge difference between showing what happened in world war 2,

and in fox using x-men universe as the reason jfk was really killed,

that would be like if Hitler killed the jews not because they were Jewish, but because he thought they were all mutants

It's giving sense and sensibility to a senseless crime to promote a film

gokira2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #66
xrs13
Cold as ice
 
xrs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,130
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

In reality Hitler did kill Jews because he saw them as mutants...

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #67
gokira2012
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 34
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
In reality Hitler did kill Jews because he saw them as mutants...
Come back to reality, young man, it's nice down here

gokira2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #68
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,373
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokira2012 View Post
Bent bullet is distasteful, Fox has no shame
Well the reaction I have seen has been pretty mixed. I'm not all the comfortable with the idea either, but hopefully this is strictly for viral marketing purposes and they don't plan to make this a selling point to the American GA. It may play well with fanboys but I'm not so sure it will play well with the GA as a whole. Then again most of the people who will be seeing this are gonna be a few generations removed from the Kennedy killings so they won't have the same ick factor as baby boomers , genXers, or gen yers might.

I think the Holocast/Magneto thing is different in that they ultimately showed the evil of the Nazi's as opposed to using it as a selling point for tickets. No one was killed in the Cuban missile crisis so that comparison doesn't really hold water imo. Red Skull was a nazi but that was the case when he was created and he's shown as the villain.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #69
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Fantasy fiction can do whatever it wants.

Given there is already a 'magic bullet' mystery to the JFK assassination and the fact we are already dealing with alternate/parallel realities where superpowered mutants exist, it should be okay.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #70
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokira2012 View Post
There is a huge difference between showing what happened in world war 2,

and in fox using x-men universe as the reason jfk was really killed,

that would be like if Hitler killed the jews not because they were Jewish, but because he thought they were all mutants

It's giving sense and sensibility to a senseless crime to promote a film
It'd be as if they made a film where a small band of Allied Jewish soldiers lock Hitler in a theater, shoot him with machine guns and burn it to the ground. Wouldn't that be such a terrible movie?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
no.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #71
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,635
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokira2012 View Post
Come back to reality, young man, it's nice down here
And you should learn history better.
Jew is follower of Judaism.
Hitler killed people not because of religion, but because he thouhht those peole are worse rase.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #72
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,373
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Fantasy fiction can do whatever it wants.

Given there is already a 'magic bullet' mystery to the JFK assassination and the fact we are already dealing with alternate/parallel realities where superpowered mutants exist, it should be okay.
Well there is a debate about whether the "magic bullet" is really so magical or if its only magical to those who think there was more than one gunman. That said, I see your point.

On side note The inglorious bastards analogy doesn't work either because no one has an issue with Hitler being tortured. A better analogy may be Django unchained. Even then they showed the true evil and brutality of slavery so it didn't come off as cashing in though even then you still had Spike Lee and others claim the film was doing a disservice , so its not like free expression means freedom from criticism in Hollywood.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #73
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,493
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Well, it's not like it's painting JFK in a bad light really. Initially he activated Project Wideawake, but it highly suggests in the viral marketing that he was on his way to give a speech that included pro-mutant sentiments and that Magneto may have been trying to stop the bullet instead of guiding it.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
Ant-manic
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The video (or the animated video of this picture) of this too was shot beautifully. You almost feel Erik is guilty by his facial expressions. It also looks like Fassy is using some of McKellen's mannerisms.
that's one way to look at it. I look at his posture as self-righteous. I think that the character knows that he didn't attempt to assassinate the president. that he was tried and convicted outside of a court of law (& the killing of Kennedy) probably strengthens Magneto's position on humans. it's the same smug "I toldja so" look that he had on his face in X2 when Xavier came to visit him inside of that plastic prison.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #75
Ant-manic
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Well, it's not like it's painting JFK in a bad light really. Initially he activated Project Wideawake, but it highly suggests in the viral marketing that he was on his way to give a speech that included pro-mutant sentiments and that Magneto may have been trying to stop the bullet instead of guiding it.
in a way, he's kind of standing in for Senator Robert Kelly; in the books. Kelly was assassinated just as he was backing away from his more anti-mutant views. offhand, I can't remember if it was the friends of humanity or the brotherhood (or Stryfe) who ended up killing him.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.