The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #26
egoing

Default Re: The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 3

I'm surprised they didn't do a true prop replica of the Command Key, with a fancy kryptonian display. The only way to get a mass produced 1:1 scale command key is the Hot Toys MOS figure.

egoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #27
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
They pretty much have what I wanted. The Command Key, the Command Key as a keychain and the Codex...and a cool ass ring that I'd probably buy. Can't say I'm disappointed. What more did you want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoing View Post
I'm surprised they didn't do a true prop replica of the Command Key, with a fancy kryptonian display. The only way to get a mass produced 1:1 scale command key is the Hot Toys MOS figure.
Yeah, the command key is pretty disappointing. The mold on it looks pretty soft and it lacks the display case as egoing mentioned. They have better looking knock offs on ebay.

I'll admit the codex was a bit of a surprise and pretty cool looking.

I was really hoping for a shield keychain like the promo ones that were released and like SR has and maybe even some cufflinks -- also like SR has.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
egoing

I forgot about the Rubies Command Key.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #29
zim
Side-Kick

Did you hear that wonder woman is going to be in MOS 2. Prelude to JL 2015 maybe?

zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Yeah, the command key is pretty disappointing. The mold on it looks pretty soft and it lacks the display case as egoing mentioned. They have better looking knock offs on ebay.

I'll admit the codex was a bit of a surprise and pretty cool looking.

I was really hoping for a shield keychain like the promo ones that were released and like SR has and maybe even some cufflinks -- also like SR has.
I'd love to have the Hot Toys Command Key but I don't believe you can wear it as a necklace, which is what I want to do. I'm sure you can find the one that was being given away as prizes with the display case on ebay or somewhere...you just gotta know where to look!

Quote:
I forgot about the Rubies Command Key.

I MAY would get the Rubies Command Key but it has the WB/DC logo and Rubies logo on it. Not too fond of that at all. The Movie Master Command Key is really short and has the WB/DC logo on it. Now the Noble Collection and Hot Toys Command Key do not of any logos on them that I am aware of...and that's exactly what I'm looking for

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
egoing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'd love to have the Hot Toys Command Key but I don't believe you can wear it as a necklace, which is what I want to do. I'm sure you can find the one that was being given away as prizes with the display case on ebay or somewhere...you just gotta know where to look!

I MAY would get the Rubies Command Key but it has the WB/DC logo and Rubies logo on it. Not too fond of that at all. The Movie Master Command Key is really short and has the WB/DC logo on it. Now the Noble Collection and Hot Toys Command Key do not of any logos on them that I am aware of...and that's exactly what I'm looking for
The Hot Toys version as a pure display piece is very detailed. I'm disappointed at how soft the details are for the Noble Collection, it resembles the Mattel command key.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
The Hot Toys version as a pure display piece is very detailed. I'm disappointed at how soft the details are for the Noble Collection, it resembles the Mattel command key.
The Noble Collection and Mattel Keys both look like the movie version...a dark color. The Hot Toys version is silver, the movie version is darker in color....I can always make my own display to put the Command Key on so it doesn't bother me at all

Old 11-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #33
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

My wife gave me this as an early birthday gift, I know what the first ornament going on my Christmas tree is!

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10

Last edited by DaRkVeNgeanCe; 11-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #34
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
My wife gave me this as an early birthday gift, I know what the first ornament going on my Christmas tree is!

Awesome. I saw this in Hallmark a month or so ago. Not a bad price, either. They also have the black-suited version. I know I have it on my list.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #35
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post

well I gotta go get me one!!! It's going on my grandma's tree and then when I go to my other grandma's I'll be taking my Charlie Brown tree and putting it on that!!!