The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 11-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #26
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Release dates for Wolverine 3 & X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Daredevil's budget is bigger than X1 by three million. And yes Elektra was greenlit but it was made with a lower budget and was released in January.
So what? Daredevil had the 2nd highest grossing Febuary opening of all time back then only behind Hannibal ( which had an already established following), with a 45% RT and not many people knowing who he is. These films dont all need summer release dates. Elektra would have never been green lit if Daredevil wasn't successful, which it was. I know you have this way of thinking every film needs to be compared to others in order to be a true success, but I completely disagree with that notion.
Quote:
And yes I do want OT films but I definitely hope that they won't be released every year, but once in every 2 to 3 years. And no they aren't releasing 2 X-Men films in 1 year, The Wolverine was released this year and DOFP next year. Their distance to each other might not be more than 12 months but they are released in a different year. Its different compare to X-Force/Wolverine being released in 2016.
No its really not, as far as when they put these into production. Regardless, Fox have done it two other times with their Marvel films. It's not crazy to think they can do it again when they now only own X-Men and FF. But think what you will. Good/crowd pleasing movies is what will matter in the end either way. Doesn't matter how far the two completely different comic films are apart. Be it 3 months or a year. Every month of the year is now turning into a window. Summer is no longer the only option. These multiple X films will look different, and Fox wants to expand X-Men not hold back. They didn't hire Millar just to sit back and plan out one movie every three years. They wouldn't need him at all if thats their plan. He's getting filmmakers other then Singer tied to X projects. Thats confirmed with X-Force. If DOFP is a success, get ready for more X flicks.

Last edited by def28; 11-29-2013 at 04:36 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #27
Angamb
Banned User

if Fox wants to release a X-MEN main team in 2017, Xforce should come in 2016 without doubt.

this way by 2017 other characters will be already introduced, and if Fox wants a crossover after 2017 movie, they will have both casts already.

There are 4 full years until 2017, so thats more than enough time to release something new and different.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #28
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that BOTH movies have a good chance of being released in either 2016 or 2017.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Wolverine 3 is probably destined for 2016.

X Force could be 2015 if they get a move on and film it next year but more likely 2017 at this rate.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #30
Angamb
Banned User

Im sure Fox wont release XForce and a big X-Men team movie on the same year.

would be pleasently surprised if they did, but highly unlikely

Old 11-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I don't think it would be strategically smart to even release an X-Force and X-Men team movie in the same year. They would cannibalize each other no doubt as many movie-goers would just see them as being the same thing.

Do one team movie and maybe one solo movie a year at the most. So X-Force could release the same year as the next Wolverine, than the year after that, a First Class 3 plus another solo movie such as Gambit or Deadpool. Than maybe another event movie such as DOFP for the only release a year after that.

Don't copy Marvel Studios on quality but certainly their business model

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #32
Loki882
Side-Kick

Not really, Marvel releases two films a year. Heck, they're releasing Ant Man only a couple of months after Avengers 2, their BIG event movie. You can do it, you'd just have to spread them out. For instance, have the big movie in the summer and the more obscure one at some other point in the year when the competition won't be as heavy.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #33
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
So what? Daredevil had the 2nd highest grossing Febuary opening of all time back then only behind Hannibal ( which had an already established following), with a 45% RT and not many people knowing who he is. These films dont all need summer release dates. Elektra would have never been green lit if Daredevil wasn't successful, which it was. I know you have this way of thinking every film needs to be compared to others in order to be a true success, but I completely disagree with that notion.
Okay, I get it. for you a film that grossed $179 million worldwide is a big success. Well guess what, I disagree with that.

And I guess you'd be fine if X-Force got a February release date and if it gets less than $200 million worldwide, you would be content it. And there's a reason why most CBM films are being released in the summer. Because summer is usually crowded for movies and a lot of people like to spend their money watching movies during the summer. But months like February, January, September, most likely, people aren't driving themselves every weekend to the nearest theater to watch the latest flick.

Quote:
No its really not, as far as when they put these into production. Regardless, Fox have done it two other times with their Marvel films. It's not crazy to think they can do it again when they now only own X-Men and FF. But think what you will. Good/crowd pleasing movies is what will matter in the end either way. Doesn't matter how far the two completely different comic films are apart. Be it 3 months or a year. Every month of the year is now turning into a window. Summer is no longer the only option. These multiple X films will look different, and Fox wants to expand X-Men not hold back. They didn't hire Millar just to sit back and plan out one movie every three years. They wouldn't need him at all if thats their plan. He's getting filmmakers other then Singer tied to X projects. Thats confirmed with X-Force. If DOFP is a success, get ready for more X flicks.
Great if you think any movie could achieve success in months like January, February, October and September. You do know that a movie has to be really good like Gravity to break records and sell a lot of tickets in a quiet month for movies.

And hiring Mark Milar doesn't equal to "big plans for the future" he's merely giving Fox suggestions. But as of right now, nothing big has happened since Mark Milar was hired by Fox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Not really, Marvel releases two films a year. Heck, they're releasing Ant Man only a couple of months after Avengers 2, their BIG event movie. You can do it, you'd just have to spread them out. For instance, have the big movie in the summer and the more obscure one at some other point in the year when the competition won't be as heavy.
The thing about MCU is their properties are way diverse than the different branches of X-Men.

Release Wolverine/X-Force in 2015 and people would automatically think mutants and X-Men spin-offs especially if FOX made it clear to the audience that X-Force is the latest X-Men spin-off.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-29-2013 at 08:59 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #34
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay, I get it. for you a film that grossed $179 million worldwide is a big success. Well guess what, I disagree with that.

And I guess you'd be fine if X-Force got a February release date and if it gets less than $200 million worldwide, you would be content it. And there's a reason why most CBM films are being released in the summer. Because summer is usually crowded for movies and a lot of people like to spend their money watching movies during the summer. But months like February, January, September, most likely, people aren't driving themselves every weekend to the nearest theater to watch the latest flick.
Quote:
Great if you think any movie could achieve success in months like January, February, October and September. You do know that a movie has to be really good like Gravity to break records and sell a lot of tickets in a quiet month for movies.
I dont care what breaks records. As long as these films do good by the studio, find a strong audience and tell good stories there should be no issue. I feel bad for whoever thinks every film needs to hit that mark of popularity because its never gonna happen. These films dont need to do that in order to be a success. Your smoking some funk **** if you think everything needs to hit those marks. Since X-Men never hit Avenegrs and Dark KNight level box office I guess that makes them a flop

...and that every film needs to be released in the Summer peak of MAy-July fad Is disappearing. You only named three months of the 12. JAnuary is seeing two franchise films this year. And Febuary has Robocop and The Lego Movie. Times are changing. MArvel is releasing their flicks in Nov, April and August. And films like Alice, 300 and OZ etc have big business in MArch. The assumption that Fox needs those summer dates or else nothing is false, especially when it comes to some of these X solo films, like Wolverine and Deadpool. Summer was too damn crowded this year and ended up hurting more then a few films because of the speed these blockbusters are released now.

Last edited by def28; 11-29-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #35
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You just said "Daredevil had the 2nd highest grossing Febuary opening of all time back then only behind Hannibal ( which had an already established following)" yeah you don't care about records. LOL.

And I didn't say every film should be a big hit, but every X-Men film that Fox releases should at least get moderate success at the box-office, not underwhelming or just okay like $179 million that Daredevil got worldwide back in 2003. Films like X-Force would probably underperform or perform just okay in months like February and January, and it would just look more evident that spin-offs are less marketable and appealing to mainstream viewers.

Films like Ghost Rider, Elektra, Punisher, Blade, Daredevil weren't released in summer and look at how much money they earned compare to the movies that were released in the summer. Obviously summer is more fitting to CBM movies. And some films like Oz, Thor, already has their established fanbase/franchise and properties like Alice in Wonderland is already well-known to mainstream viewers. If you think films like X-Force would perform similar to Oz, Alice in Wonderland, Hunger Games in March, then sure there's no problem with releasing X-Men movies in March or April or November or December. But as of right now, a X-Men film could barely crack the $150 million in the U.S. with a summer release date, I just don't think its possible that they would get more or perform better with a non-summer release date.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-29-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #36
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
You just said "Daredevil had the 2nd highest grossing Febuary opening of all time back then only behind Hannibal ( which had an already established following)" yeah you don't care about records. LOL.
Dude are u serious? Im proving a point to you that it did good. I personally dont give a ****. Stop trying to twist conversations all the time.

Last edited by def28; 11-29-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #37
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You mentioned a record, that means you give a damn about records.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #38
def28
Side-Kick

I really can't tell if your trolling/baiting or not anymore.

Think what you will.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #39
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
JAnuary is seeing two franchise films this year. And Febuary has Robocop and The Lego Movie. Times are changing.
Yeah January is getting Paranormal Activity and Jack Ryan. And as if Robocop is gonna perform massive numbers next year. Just Lol. Okay I get it, you're fine with X-Men films getting a January/February release and they are gonna perform well just because there's less competition. With that said, Days of Future Past should be released in January so it could be the highest grossing film of 2014.

Quote:
Times are changing. MArvel is releasing their flicks in Nov, April and August
This might only happen this year and next year. But for 2016 and 2017, they are back releasing movies in May and July.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-29-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #40
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay I get it, you're fine with X-Men films getting a January/February release and they are gonna perform well just because there's less competition. With that said, Days of Future Past should be released in January so it could be the highest grossing film of 2014.
No you don't get it. And obviously never will because you cant accept the fact films can do good out side of summer for the sake of this debate. All your taking from this is "def thinks Daredevil did good in Feb so he thinks all Fox's films should be put there". I am not saying stick every film in January or Febuaray. Or even at all. I was speaking specfically about Daredevil, and how Fox has released more then two marvel films a year. That worked fine for them, anyway you want to twist it. Big films do good outside of Summer.

March, April, November or December are all proven good times to release films. Summer is not the only option here. Theres no reason Deadpool or Wolverine can't be released in MArch or April in the future. Even Star Wars is moving away from Summer. Friggen STAR WARS. MI5, Kung Fu Panda 3 and Star Wars. All big popcorn flicks coming out in Dec.

Last edited by def28; 11-30-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

So with that, DOFP should be released in January since not all big films are exclusive to summer and times are changing. And since X-Men is as big as Star Wars, releasing it outside of the summer won't be a factor.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #42
def28
Side-Kick

Should have known better. Im done.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #43
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
March, April, November or December are all proven good times to release films. Summer is not the only option here. Theres no reason Deadpool or Wolverine can't be released here in the future. Even Star Wars is moving away from Summer. Friggen STAR WARS.
Not to X-Men films. And its not a good idea to test a X-Men film in those months especially with a Deadpool or Wolverine 3 or X-Force movie.

And Star Wars will do well at December (holiday season) since its box-office history shows it has strong box-office legs like a LOTR film and a Harry Potter film and not weak box-office legs like a X-Men film.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #44
Angamb
Banned User

seriously, psylock, open your mind a bit.

There are MANY different things the studios can do in today's industry compared to last decade, Fox included.

So lets be a bit more open without arguing over and over around the same thing. On main board it uses to be all around Nell2thaizzay, marvelrobbins and you sometimes, and on this sequels board its been about you plenty of times lately.

So give us a little break, please; if you want to post your opinion from time to time, post it, its fine, but dont insist over and over and over with one user, same to def28. Its getting too repetitive and kind of ruins the fun of the topics.

Last edited by Angamb; 11-30-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #45
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Ignoring this ridiculous argument as best I can, I'd be disappointed if after DOFP there isn't another main title film on the cards (be it OT or First Class or both) for at least 2017.

I'm glad Fox are trying to branch out, but I hope they go for it all out, and don't just replace X-Men sequels with spin-offs and side projects like they tried to do after TLS.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #46
Angamb
Banned User

I doubt they are that stupid now.

Not with Millar, Singer and Matthew all involved.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #47
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

There are MANY different things the studios can do in today's industry compared to last decade, Fox included.

So lets be a bit more open without arguing over and over around the same thing. On main board it uses to be all around Nell2thaizzay, marvelrobbins and you sometimes, and on this sequels board its been about you plenty of times lately.

So give us a little break, please; if you want to post your opinion from time to time, post it, its fine, but dont insist over and over and over with one user, same to def28. Its getting too repetitive and kind of ruins the fun of the topics.
Oh great telling someone since they don't agree with you to stop posting
I have had my disagrements with psylock but he has ever right to post his
oporions.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #48
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Thanks Marvelrobbins. After-all, we are just talking about release dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

LOL The voice of reason speaks again.

Like as if you don't get a big reaction from a couple of members here with just the way you post like saying "cheap moves". Yeah right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Ignoring this ridiculous argument as best I can, I'd be disappointed if after DOFP there isn't another main title film on the cards (be it OT or First Class or both) for at least 2017.

I'm glad Fox are trying to branch out, but I hope they go for it all out, and don't just replace X-Men sequels with spin-offs and side projects like they tried to do after TLS.
Agreed!

Old 12-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #49
Angamb
Banned User

obviously you wouldnt accept a comment like that.

anyway. lets keep reading a just two users conversation for the next 6 months.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #50
Angamb
Banned User

obviously you wouldnt accept a comment like that.

anyway.... superherohype users, lets keep reading a just two users conversation for the next 6 months.

Last edited by Angamb; 12-01-2013 at 07:04 AM.