The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #551
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post

Every time I see the Clark Kent stuff, it just makes me happy. Not sure why. It's just...charming or something.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #552
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I think it looks like she is surprised to see him there.
Interesting. I see it the complete opposite. When she sees him, she kind of comes off, to me, as someone who was expecting him when he showed up or kind of got a little butterfly in her stomach..so to speak but I didn't see a surprised reaction, just a hand-shake where they both knew what was going on.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #553
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Interesting. I see it the complete opposite. When she sees him, she kind of comes off, to me, as someone who was expecting him when he showed up or kind of got a little butterfly in her stomach..so to speak but I didn't see a surprised reaction, just a hand-shake where they both knew what was going on.

This is how I see it too and then she put on the act as to make the newsroom believe they're meeting for the first time.

This is when Lois first sees Clark at the DP.

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 11-29-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #554
Loki882
Side-Kick

I got the sense that her smile was more like a "you chose here or all places to work" kind of smile. There's no reason for her to put on an act for her colleagues since they have no reason to suspect that she knows Clark at all and she wouldn't have turned her head is she was anyway.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #555
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
It was supposedly in the novelization.
It is in the novelization. It says something to the effect of her eyes bulged, which I took to mean surprise. That's where it also mentions the slouching. It does not, however, say how much time has passed. Unless I missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Is the novelization cannon though?
I would assume only what's on the screen is "canon", but I believe I heard in one of the special features that they filmed a scene that it is in the novelization, that's not in the movie. It's a scene where Clark is a baby and blows some windows or out...or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post

Let me live my dream people!

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #556
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
This is how I see it too and then she put on the act as to make the newsroom believe they're meeting for the first time.

This is when Lois first sees Clark at the DP.

When I first saw this scene it looked like she knew he was coming, but when I watched it again I think it's surprise mixed with I can't keep my eyes off this guy and I need to try. Not sure though...it can be read a few different ways.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #557
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

^It IS supposed to be interpreted in any number of ways I think. Could she have set this all up for him? Yeah. Could he have been out of touch with her since the scene at the Metropolis Grand Central and it's a charming surprise that he's shown up again in her life? It could go that way too.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #558
lc23
Fan of Steel

Maybe a good amount a time has passed. That doesn't mean that Clark couldn't have kept some kind of contact with Lois in the intervening time he was trying to help out his mother and setting up his "secret identity."

Old 11-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #559
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Well just going on the novelization alone. It says she her eyes bulged and she had to stop her jaw from dropping to the floor. Then it says she did her best to act like she didn't know him.

It's the jaw dropping and eye bulging that makes me think she didn't know, but even that is not really clear because it doesn't actually say she didn't know. She could have just been surprised he showed up that day...lol. idk...hopefully at some point there will be some tie in comics or what not to clear this up.

At this point I'm inclined to agree with Krypton Inc that it's up to you how you want to interpret it. There really is no clear answer.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #560
lc23
Fan of Steel

I prefer my version: They were intermittently "getting to know each other" while Clark split his time between helping his mom rebuild the farm back in Smallville and getting himself setup in Metropolis.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #561
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
I prefer my version: They were intermittently "getting to know each other" while Clark split his time between helping his mom rebuild the farm back in Smallville and getting himself setup in Metropolis.

Pretty much my version as well. I think it's during this period that he first gets all the ideas he spouts out to Ma Kent. The main difference in your head canon and mine is that in my mind, even after helping to fix up the Kent farm, Martha insists on coming with Clark to Metropolis.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:15 AM   #562
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Pretty much my version as well. I think it's during this period that he first gets all the ideas he spouts out to Ma Kent. The main difference in your head canon and mine is that in my mind, even after helping to fix up the Kent farm, Martha insists on coming with Clark to Metropolis.
Uh... Why? And to do what?

Old 11-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #563
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
idk...lol. I told you I kind of like the idea of him being a pseudo stalker. It's kind of endearing really.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #564
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Uh... Why? And to do what?

For da LULZ sista/brotha!! She'd bring some comedic moments trying to look after her son (a god on Earth) to make sure he doesn't get hurt in the big city ( ) as well as to scope out this reporter gal Clark is always going on about.

But not just the inherent humor (and warmth) having Lane's Martha around could bring, but unexpected occurrences as well. I SO want Martha and Bruce/Batman to have a scene. I want more scenes of Martha and Lois. Hell, if it were done in a way I could buy him not putting it together, I would kill for a scene between Lex Luthor and Martha Kent. Any one of those would please me no end.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #565
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

IMPORTANT: Henry Cavill wrapped Man for U.N.C.L.E. yesterday. So from today onwards, it is full speed ahead to Batman VS Superman which will start filming in roughly 2 and a half months time.

I think Cavill will now take a few days break and then throw himself fully into the preparation for Superman. Infact he was already preparing for Superman while shooting U.N.C.L.E.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #566
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

As Mr. Burns' Non-Union Mexican equivalent would say: EXCELLENTE!

Old 11-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #567
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, it's good to know that we'll finally have a actor who will portray the character in more than one film that isn't Reeve.

I mean it's kind of ironic when I think about it considering things. Prior to Christian Bale, Keaton was the only actor to have played Batman in more than one film, who was the first Batman on the big screen and now we have Cavil, who is the second actor (the first after Reeve) to be portraying the character in more than one film.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #568
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:

What is this from? Is it the Great Characters feature?

Old 11-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #569
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Deleted

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 11-30-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #570
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
What is this from? Is it the Great Characters feature?
It's on the Bonus Features Blu Ray. Here is the best description I could find. It's called “Journey of Discover: Creating Man of Steel"

A side-by-side documentary of sorts with the filmmakers and cast that takes you behind-the-scenes in a way that is far more engaging than the usual commentary track. Here we get to see simultaneous footage of things like pre-viz, wire work, and behind-the-scenes filming alongside the finished film in addition to commentary. This actually extends the length of the movie as sometimes the film cuts out altogether and moves to documentary footage and talking heads, but it’s an in-depth insight that was missing from the shorter featurettes.

Btw, I highly recommend sitting down and watching it. It is a lot of fun to watch if you enjoy watching how movies are made as this is quite in depth.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 11-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #571
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick

New pics of Henry with fans, from yesterday I think. He's looking good! Although a shame he's got a big coat on, I wanna see how his Superman body is coming along! I guess he'll be really stepping up the training now he's finished with UNCLE and getting as big as possible...

Old 11-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #572
vantheman77
Side-Kick

There's plenty of firsts with Henry Cavill:

1) 1st non American actor to portray the character.
2) 1st Superman with a different S.
3) 1st Superman without red underwear.
4) 1st Superman to interact with Batman.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #573
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post

It's not an S dammit !!!

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #574
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Yes it is, just not the one we knew for many years. It resembles the Earth-2 Superman's.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #575
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post

1) 1st non American actor to portray the character.
3) 1st Superman without red underwear.
4) 1st Superman to interact with Batman.
The shield in Superman Returns isn't exactly the same as the one used in S:TM and its sequels as well, so I wouldn't say Cavill's Superman is the first to have a different S. Regardless of how subtle, the symbols are all different across the various incarnations of the character.

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel
Closed Thread