The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 11-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #26
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Default Re: Did viewing info/spoilers mess with your MOS experience? Will you avoid it this t

good thread. I always wonder how people who know spoilers, read the script experience the movie when it finally comes out. I like to think you ruin the surprise and movie when pretending to be insiders/paparazzi who take these spoiler pics, post them online, and obsess over them

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Did viewing info/spoilers mess with your MOS experience? Will you avoid it this t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Not the best example, but imagine seeing Superman Returns, never knowing that it was meant to be tied to the Donner films. Granted there were many who saw the trailers, and still didn't know this, imagine how confusing it would have been.
Funny thing is it's this movie that made me decide to be spoiler free for the next Superman movie. There is still apart a part of me that wonders if I would have liked SR more had I not known the plot beforehand. It's hard to say because when I first heard the plot it didn't sound all that bad...yet when I saw the execution...that was another matter. Another funny thing is I often read movie spoilers, but I didn't want to with MOS and I don't want to for the sequel. Lesson learned I guess...idk...

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 11-29-2013 at 07:40 PM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
Cybermaxis
Side-Kick

It totally did mess with my experience. I have only myself to blame. It made me look for what people where nitpicking or criticizing instead of just me sitting back and enjoying the movie.

Cybermaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #29
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I wish I could ignore spoilers and just wait to be completely surprised by the movie. It would be such a cool experience. But I just don't have the will-power for that. I envy people who do. I took in every piece of info/spoilers that came out like the greedy person I am. I knew about the Zod death before I saw it, threw a little fit about it, and then got over it. Luckily, I was able to push all the negative things out of my mind when I saw the movie, but I still wonder what I would have thought about if I hadn't known anything.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #30
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

the Internet has ruined us. I would love to have a huge cinematic reveal in my lifetime, like vader is Luke's father. no one saw that coming except for the Dutch.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #31
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

To answer the topic of this thread....I don't care. The more spoilers, the better. It ruins absolutely NOTHING for me. I've said this many times and I'll say it again. It's one thing to see it in text and it's a whole other thing to see it actually play out in front of you on the big screen. Text does not convey the emotion of said scene, nor can you hear the score. Even if it's pictures, I still don't care, because they are still pictures that are behind the scenes and you still can't convey the emotion of the scene. Don't hear the dialogue, etc..

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #32
roach
I am the night

I grew up in the before times…before the internet…when you'd genuinely be surprised by a movie…I probably will stop hunting for spoilers once an official pic of the bat suit comes out.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #33
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I grew up in the before times…before the internet…when you'd genuinely be surprised by a movie…I probably will stop hunting for spoilers once an official pic of the bat suit comes out.
I did too. I'm a child of the 70's.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'm still surprised how in this day and age, Marvel was able to keep the surprise in Iron Man 3 a secret up until the film's release.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
Vaibow
Side-Kick

i stalked the internet the minute news was confirmed for MOS - it lead me down many paths! At first i was let down that smallville would be home to a battle sequence - out of context it looked a bit of an anti climax, too convenient etc. We had nothing of Metropolis or the planet which worried me - i kinda missed it in MOS!
The alaska scenes and oil rig scenes were cool, it gave me hope of a type of explorer clark - the movie only skimmed on this aspect - i wanted a lot more from the oil rig scene.
The tornado scene and the fake synopsis of him catching a car got me going - the final product was good, but not great.

I felt like we would have a 'begins' style film, with him using his powers around globe, with an alien invasion in smallville and lois tracking him down for help.

In a way we got that - the smallville scenes were excellent - the style of the film was different to the epic style in the first teaser - they were pretty much all flash backs, hence the dreamy style.

The film was not what i was expecting, i was hoping for baby clark with parents, more on the oil rig, learning more about clark, each scene or segment finished before i wanted too!

I mean, Jaws as an example was a great movie, the banter and togetherness on the boat, if that tone was taken and we had 10 minutes of learning about clark, as he talks to his crew mates on the trawler, to the build up of the oil rig would have served far more to the movie than Jor El jumping onto a dragon.

The whole kryptonian sequence should have been scrapped and parts used for flash backs - the zod in superman's mind was pointless too, in my mind.

Basically, with everything shot (the extra scenes not used of interrogation room, oil rig etc) a fan cut could be amazing.

Don't get me wrong, i loved the suit reveal, flight, smallville fight etc but it felt like a long looong trailer

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote