The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #976
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Why does she have to be dumb? Why can't the disguise just be...I don't know...effective?

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #977
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

I've always thought she was blinded by love...not really stupid. And aside from the skeevy party, I also liked the wink-wink joke. I agree it doesn't play well on film, but it's not so bad in the comics.

MOS did do something different though. That was certainly refreshing.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #978
Xandrea
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 277
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Why does she have to be dumb? Why can't the disguise just be...I don't know...effective?
Yeah. It seems to work on everyone. Even Lex and Bruce. Aren't they supposed to be geniuses?

Xandrea is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #979
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,468
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Why does she have to be dumb? Why can't the disguise just be...I don't know...effective?
I didn't say she had to be dumb. It seems dumb when a woman is in love (or even infatuated) with a man and yet can't see him in different clothes. The disguise can and does fool others, because they don't take notice, but I don't think it should fool Lois.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #980
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

I don't know if it ever actually worked on Bruce. He always seemed to discover Superman's secret identity pretty early on. Lex has no reason to suspect that Superman has a secret identity and shouldn't waste time trying to figure it out. He's also typically blinded by his own arrogance.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #981
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I didn't say she had to be dumb.
The implication was that she comes across as dumb because she can't see through the disguise.

Quote:
It seems dumb when a woman is in love (or even infatuated) with a man and yet can't see him in different clothes.
What use is a disguise if you can't fool the people you're trying to fool?

Quote:
The disguise can and does fool others, because they don't take notice, but I don't think it should fool Lois.
I think it should, actually. Again: it speaks to how strong the disguise is.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #982
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,468
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
The implication was that she comes across as dumb because she can't see through the disguise.

What use is a disguise if you can't fool the people you're trying to fool?

I think it should, actually. Again: it speaks to how strong the disguise is.
Well, it does seem that way, but I don't actually think she is dumb. And I'd be ok with it if they weren't close at all. But when they have her in a semi-relationship with Clark or Supes, it's weird. Others are fooled because they aren't that close and never will be. It props up the disguise, but at Lois's expense. That' why I like her knowing. She doesn't look dumb, but the disguise is still present. Even if she knows, he's still fooling everyone else and the disguise still works.


Last edited by MrsKent26; 12-01-2013 at 12:31 AM.
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #983
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Well, it does seem that way, but I don't actually think she is dumb. And I'd be ok with it if they weren't close at all. But when they have her in a semi-relationship with Clark or Supes, it's weird.
I think how much she figures out, is told, or suspects depends on the status of their relationship.

Quote:
Others are fooled because they aren't that close and never will be.
I think that's kind of a cop out. You don't have to be romantically intimate with someone to be super close to them. Jimmy, for example, is supposed to be his best friend.

Quote:
It props up the disguise, but at Lois's expense.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
That' why I like her knowing. She doesn't look dumb, but the disguise is still present.
I don't mind her knowing, but I would hate to see the triangle-for-two done away with forever.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #984
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator
 
kvz5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 21,020
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1



More -

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:











Last edited by kvz5; 12-01-2013 at 01:10 AM.
kvz5 is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #985
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Nice. Thanks for posting that. She is definitely on fire. I hope that means a large presence for her in the sequel.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #986
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,417
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1






Damn, they really went all out in that kiss, just look at the movements of their faces and lips in the gif in the middle (at the bottom).

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #987
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 15,147
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Snyder must have really felt like a grown man being asked to play with action figures. For some reason that's what comes to mind seeing Henry and Amy kiss like that. I just imagine Snyder using actual action figures to block that scene out.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #988
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post





Damn, they really went all out in that kiss, just look at the movements of their faces and lips in the gif in the middle (at the bottom).
Two things. I thought that fly down scene was all CGI, but it's not and it's damn impressive because Cavill has to keep his body in a plank position while holding Adams. That is damn impressive. The other thing is they did go all out.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #989
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13,495
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post


More -

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:










I love you Kvz5.

But not as much as Amy Adams.


Last edited by Fallen Angel; 12-01-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Fallen Angel is online now  
Old 12-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #990
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,044
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1




__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #991
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 6,541
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I've always thought she was blinded by love...not really stupid. And aside from the skeevy party, I also liked the wink-wink joke. I agree it doesn't play well on film, but it's not so bad in the comics.

MOS did do something different though. That was certainly refreshing.
It's not actually that different, as MoS did what every other comic book movie is doing. Rachel Dawes, Carol Ferris, etc all knew their superhero's secret identity immediately. In contrast, a love triangle for two would be unique relative to its peers.

The other purpose is that it adds tension to the plot, and gives Clark a humanizing obstacle.


Last edited by DA_Champion; 12-01-2013 at 09:50 AM.
DA_Champion is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #992
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dance Dance (Bane's) Revolution
Posts: 12,957
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

It's different for the Superman story, though.

There is not gonna be any Superman-Lois-Clark love triangle in these new movies, obviously.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is online now  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #993
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,814
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Yeah, but really the love triangle element had been absent for 20 years before the New 52 relaunch. Not to mention that in shows like Smallville and Lois & Clark, Lois found out the secret. It's just another aspect of the mythology that's been in the comics and movies, and now it's on film.

__________________
Everyone brings joy to this forum. Some by coming in. Some by going out...
The Sage is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #994
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 26,119
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Why does she have to be dumb? Why can't the disguise just be...I don't know...effective?
This.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #995
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 6,541
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

I think the issue is that the show Lois and Clark was way too popular. It's the most popular version of Superman ever, it reached 20 million viewers a week. A common "criticism" of that show at the time was that Lois had to be too dumb to not see the disguise.

But you know... the romantic comedy must have actually been done very well, because a lot of people watched it and a lot of people commented on it. That's what people should remember, not that people made fun of Lois and Clark.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #996
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,814
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I think the issue is that the show Lois and Clark was way too popular. It's the most popular version of Superman ever, it reached 20 million viewers a week. A common "criticism" of that show at the time was that Lois had to be too dumb to not see the disguise.

But you know... the romantic comedy must have actually been done very well, because a lot of people watched it and a lot of people commented on it. That's what people should remember, not that people made fun of Lois and Clark.

Lois & Clark is the most popular version of Superman ever?

__________________
Everyone brings joy to this forum. Some by coming in. Some by going out...
The Sage is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #997
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 26,119
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

See, I think LOIS AND CLARK nailed it, in a "wink wink" sense.

We all know that Dean Cain pretty much played Superman and Clark the same. The only real difference was in their dialogue and actions.

But no one looks twice at Clark in that show (that's not really true, plenty of people did) because one ultimately believed that someone who acts like he does could be the confident, heroic Superman.

And more to the point, because no one usually looks twice at those who don't draw attention to themselves. This is a social truth, not just something found in Superman's mythology.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #998
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13,495
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

The triangle for two doesn't end with Lois finally learning the secret.She and Clark have to keep the pretense that Superman and Clark are two different people.

It makes Clark look like a douche if he's getting close to her and NEVER letting her in on the secret. Imagine you guys getting close to some and spending majority of your time together and developing feelings for each other and falling in love would you not want them to know something personal about you? Thankfully not many agree that Lois should NEVER not know the secret.


Last edited by Fallen Angel; 12-01-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Fallen Angel is online now  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #999
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13,495
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Yeah, but really the love triangle element had been absent for 20 years before the New 52 relaunch. Not to mention that in shows like Smallville and Lois & Clark, Lois found out the secret. It's just another aspect of the mythology that's been in the comics and movies, and now it's on film.

Exactly people seem to be stuck with this silver age crap. Comics have moved on and TV did also and now the movies.

Even in the reboot in the first six issues of Superman's self titled book it's hinted that Lois knows Clark's secret but that arc got dropped. Superman#24 she says it again when saying Supes and Clarks' voices are the same.





Last edited by Fallen Angel; 12-01-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Fallen Angel is online now  
Old 12-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #1000
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
It's not actually that different, as MoS did what every other comic book movie is doing. Rachel Dawes, Carol Ferris, etc all knew their superhero's secret identity immediately. In contrast, a love triangle for two would be unique relative to its peers.

The other purpose is that it adds tension to the plot, and gives Clark a humanizing obstacle.
It is different for the movies. As other has mentioned Lois knowing is not that unique. They were married in the comics for a while, but I really didn't think they would go in this direction in the movies since most of the GA is more 'familiar' with her not being in the know. I was quite surprised they did that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
It's different for the Superman story, though.

There is not gonna be any Superman-Lois-Clark love triangle in these new movies, obviously.
Yes, there will be none of that unless they eventually employ some way to rob her of the memory. I have a bad taste in my mouth from SII. I hope that doesn't happen. I'd like to see them take this out for a spin.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.