The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

*looks at thread*

*yawns*

Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Even in the reboot in the first six issues of Superman's self titled book it's hinted that Lois knows Clark's secret but that arc got dropped. Superman#24 she says it again when saying Supes and Clarks' voices are the same.
I'm mad at you Fallen.

You've intrigued me enough by the issues you recommended that I actually picked up some more issues in 52. I said I wouldn't do that... but they're not all that bad, so I'm no longer mad at you.

My fangirl scares are back.... lol. You know I worry.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
*looks at thread*

*yawns*

New thread means gifs and pictures my son. Get on it.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
New thread means new gifs and pictures my son. Get on it.
If I can, I'll post all the gifs from the last thread here.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

EDIT: Crap, wrong thread.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...

Last edited by Nemeres; 12-01-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Would any of you guys be okay with a hologram-based explanation for the secret identity? As in, some sort of Krypto-tech (the source could be the glasses) that distorts Clark's features to the point of simply making him look like a different person (not that much different, but different enough. They could even pay homage to previous Superman actors)? I'm not asking if you guys think it's a good idea, but if you would be okay with it. Knowing yourselves, is it something you could forgive and tolerate, if not like?

I know I would. Just throwing that out there.
What you mean so others don't think Clark and Supes are the same? Yeah could work but those glasses looked ordinary.

That's why it's good that Lois knows she'll cover for him when he needs to go into superhero mode.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
Nemeres

Quote:
What you mean so others don't think Clark and Supes are the same? Yeah could work but those glasses looked ordinary.

That's why it's good that Lois knows she'll cover for him when he needs to go into superhero mode.
Ah, another thing I wanted to bring up... don't you guys think the Lois/Clark/Superman love triangle will make itself missed at some point? It was one of the bummers of Lois knowing in this version... that wonderful chemistry/sexual tension that has been with the characters since the very beginning is now gone. It fueled four whole seasons of a TV show, so nothing to scoff at. And here goes my 500th "Superman: Flyby" recomendation: read that script to see how cool and fun that relationship could have been.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Ah, another thing I wanted to bring up... don't you guys think the Lois/Clark/Superman love triangle will make itself missed at some point? It was one of the bummers of Lois knowing in this version... that wonderful chemistry/sexual tension that has been with the characters since the very beginning is now gone. It fueled four whole seasons of a TV show, so nothing to scoff at. And here goes my 500th "Superman: Flyby" recomendation: read that script to see how cool and fun that relationship could have been.
I did read the Flyby script thought it was good in that regard. Yes the initial tension is great but she has to find out eventually and the triangle for two isn't done when she does find out as they Clark and Lois have to keep the pretense that Clark and Superman aren't the same person. I love it that they're taking this away straight away we get something slightly different on the big screen.

The comics haven't been like that for a very long time pre reboot.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
charl_huntress

I don't think I'm going to miss it in this version. I do like it as I have said before, but I like the dynamic of what I saw in MOS too. It's a more realistic version if you will. One of the aspects I have always liked about the wink-wink is the humor, but I don't think that sort of humor would have been appropriate in this type of movie. There were lots of 'real' world consequences. Wink-winks wouldn't have felt right.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
Nemeres

Quote:
I did read the Flyby script thought it was good in that regard. Yes the initial tension is great but she has to find out eventually and the triangle for two isn't done when she does find out as they Clark and Lois have to keep the pretense that Clark and Superman aren't the same person. I love it that they're taking this away straight away we get something slightly different on the big screen.

The comics haven't been like that for a very long time pre reboot.
Hey, someone agrees.

It would arguably give the actors more stuff to work with. As for the heavy stakes... I love epic epicness as much as the next guy, but that can only take you so far if you don't add charm to the equation. I'm curious, and a little concerned, as to how the Lois/Clark relationship will be after MOS. Will they already be in a steady relationship in the sequel? In my opinion, that was one of the weaknesses of the comics in the post-marriage era. Sexual tension is a huge asset, and without that... what are you left with, when it comes to Superman and Lois? I know I'd have trouble thinking of something. Hopefully Goyer manages to.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Hey, someone agrees.

It would arguably give the actors more stuff to work with. As for the heavy stakes... I love epic epicness as much as the next guy, but that can only take you so far if you don't add charm to the equation. I'm curious, and a little concerned, as to how the Lois/Clark relationship will be after MOS. Will they already be in a steady relationship in the sequel? In my opinion, that was one of the weaknesses of the comics in the post-marriage era. Sexual tension is a huge asset, and without that... what are you left with, when it comes to Superman and Lois? I know I'd have trouble thinking of something. Hopefully Goyer manages to.

You can't keep denying the sexual tension though at some point it has to give. To you as the reader and the characters as well. Can't keep them stringing along other wise it gets boring and tiring.

There's been many a great story post marriage you have to get a writer good enough who can write them like that. It's on thing getting them to the point of being a couple another thing entirely writing after that.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Will lois have some cute outfits in the next film?

Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
She was dressed professionally in most of the scenes she was in, but I don't think they'll dress her like Olivia Pope in the next movie. Not that there would be anything wrong with that...lol

Old 12-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #17
Loki882
Side-Kick

They could make it work if they have a scene where Lois & Clark have to attend some kind of social/charitable event. In that case, Lois wearing a nice dress would be perfectly appropriate. And given that Bruce Wayne is in this film, having such a scene would be easy to write in.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Not one of her scenes called for her to dress up. I did like how her office clothes looked.

I'm hoping Clark and Lois attend a function maybe go to Gotham so we can see Amy Adams with the full works.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #19
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
They could make it work if they have a scene where Lois & Clark have to attend some kind of social/charitable event. In that case, Lois wearing a nice dress would be perfectly appropriate. And given that Bruce Wayne is in this film, having such a scene would be easy to write in.
I hadn't even thought of that and I should have. That would be very appropriate especially if Wayne is in town. A fancy scene where they really highlight Adams natural beauty would be pretty good...along with a damn good dress!

Old 12-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #20
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 12-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #21
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I hadn't even thought of that and I should have. That would be very appropriate especially if Wayne is in town. A fancy scene where they really highlight Adams natural beauty would be pretty good...along with a damn good dress!
Sold!
It is a must then!!!

Btw, having thinking about it, I think donner,'s version of superman is much more depressing than SR; where superman n lois couldn't be together because they ain't compatible genetically n causing trauma to lois... thus, clark is destined to be alone till his death... (he can't have sex for God's sake... what's the point of having superpowers? ?!! A Destined miserable life!)

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
charl_huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Sold!
It is a must then!!!

Btw, having thinking about it, I think donner,'s version of superman is much more depressing than SR; where superman n lois couldn't be together because they ain't compatible genetically n causing trauma to lois... thus, clark is destined to be alone till his death... (he can't have sex for God's sake... what's the point of having superpowers? ?!! A Destined miserable life!)
lol...you know I didn't really notice that in the movie when I was younger because I really didn't get it per se. Once I became more knowledge of the character and started reading comics I really started to hate that aspect. I still love STM and SII for what they are. SR is a whole 'nother story. My issue is writers have to be careful to separate that his powers from him being an actual god.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #23
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I hope so. #eveninggownlois has to be part of the film!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Yes! Pale Adams ftw!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #25
titansupes
Side-Kick

That's the one scene where I thought the suit looked ugly.

Closed Thread