The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #801
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
LOL! The guy with a real-life chip on his shoulder about Henry Cavill big enough to show up to the MoS premiere event, then write an "opinion piece" about the movie that ended up being all about himself, while trying to throw shade on Henry? As amusing as that prospect is, no thanks.
Franco said he got the impression Cavill didn't like him because Franco himself was too serious or something like that when they were shooting Tristan and Isolde.

I thought the review was interesting and I wouldn't say he was shading Cavill necessarily but I didn't like how Franco managed to make MOS all about him. Franco is one of those celebs who doesn't hide his extreme narcissism though so maybe props to him for being honest at least?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #802
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
And cooks Crystal Meth with his partner Mercy.
Played by Aaron Paul.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #803
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think it would be a neat sub plot. Could be a deeper reason why Lex hates Superman, his race, and his homeworld. He could potentially die through it all.
Lex,racist? Mel Gibson it is! He also has hair and is like 60

Old 11-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #804
regwec
Shakespearo

That's a great suggestion. Gibson would also stay in character for all the promotional stuff, because he is a real-life ****hole.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #805
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
LOL! The guy with a real-life chip on his shoulder about Henry Cavill big enough to show up to the MoS premiere event, then write an "opinion piece" about the movie that ended up being all about himself, while trying to throw shade on Henry? As amusing as that prospect is, no thanks.
He did talk about himself in that review but he also praised the film and admitted to being a bit of an A-hole when he worked with Henry before.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #806
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
That's a great suggestion. Gibson would also stay in character for all the promotional stuff, because he is a real-life ****hole.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #807
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
Lex,racist? Mel Gibson it is! He also has hair and is like 60
Jews gave Gibson a bald head?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 11-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #808
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It's all about whether you like Franco or not.
Heh.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #809
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I usually don't care about celeb's personal lives but it's hard to not care in Gibson's case. Just a really hateful man. Jodie Foster and RDJ are probably the only things keeping him from being an A-hole 100% of the time.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #810
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i LOVE Mel Gibson

Old 11-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #811
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I wish he wasn't such a train wreck

I believe in Batfleck
Old 11-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #812
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

A suggestion to everyone....when discussing a character being a racist....that does not mean that you are allowed to make racist remarks in demonstrating it.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #813
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Franco said he got the impression Cavill didn't like him because Franco himself was too serious or something like that when they were shooting Tristan and Isolde.

I thought the review was interesting and I wouldn't say he was shading Cavill necessarily but I didn't like how Franco managed to make MOS all about him. Franco is one of those celebs who doesn't hide his extreme narcissism though so maybe props to him for being honest at least?
he didn't talk about cavill till the third paragraph, but i think he was on the money about superman.

Quote:
So, what did we watch? A great film. But what makes me say this? Is it the nerd revolution that has brought our public taste to the point where comic-book characters and video games are now cool? Are these huge comic-book films the way for the world at large to embrace the subjects of these forms that are traditionally relegated to the nerd niche? Yes, in a way. But in another way, we are just wowed by the money that brings them to fruition. Kids like comic-book-style heroes, teens like flashy action and sex, and therefore these films make money. Adults—the third audience—respect money. So these films are made. Again and again. And if Brandon Routh doesn’t work as Superman, or if Sam Raimi can’t agree on the villain for a fourth Spider-Man, they will just make new versions without them. Man of Steel is great because it delivers everything it should. It made Superman cool again. It delivered great action and interesting characters with a plot that was grounded enough to make us care a little.
far as lex franco, the tension between franco seems to think he and cavill have between one another could work on screen.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #814
vantheman77
Side-Kick

What is this I hear? That Superman doesn't like Harry Osbourne?

Old 11-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #815
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Superman doesn't like Raimi's Spider-Man 3. But that's par for the course...uh, of course.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59 AM   #816
smallville fan
Hero

After seeing The Walking Dead, how about:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So would any of you think that David Morrissey would be a good choice in playing the villain with a friendly exterior with a psychotic dark side that slowly bubbles to the surface in the form of the Governor Lex Luthor in Woodbury Metropolis?

If Snyder ends up going for an unknown actor for Lex in the end, I'm going to throw his name into the mix then. I think he could do bald.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by The Sage; 12-02-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:05 AM   #817
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
After seeing The Walking Dead, and considering he must have some free time now how about:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So would any of you think that David Morrissey would be a good choice in playing the villain with a friendly exterior with a psychotic dark side that slowly bubbles to the surface in the form of the Governor Lex Luthor in Woodbury Metropolis?

If Snyder ends up going for an unknown actor for Lex in the end, I'm going to throw his name into the mix then. I think he could do bald.
thanks for the spoilers,

Last edited by The Sage; 12-02-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #818
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I read the first line of that above post about The Walking Dead, and my "Some giant a-hole is about to do a total dick move and give away a big spoiler" spider-sense kicked in so I scrolled down past the rest of the post before I read any specifics. But come on, don't be such a thoughtless moron. Some of us are obsessively avoiding spoilers and sticking to "safe zones" where surely no one will be talking about The Walking Dead.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #819
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I would never have thought the Governor was an alien though; didnt see that one coming.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #820
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
thanks for the spoilers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I read the first line of that above post about The Walking Dead, and my "Some giant a-hole is about to do a total dick move and give away a big spoiler" spider-sense kicked in so I scrolled down past the rest of the post before I read any specifics. But come on, don't be such a thoughtless moron. Some of us are obsessively avoiding spoilers and sticking to "safe zones" where surely no one will be talking about The Walking Dead.
I always think this should result in an immediate, permanent ban. I have had the whole of series three of Game of Thrones ruined for me by exactly the same thing.

If the poster is in fact a moron, then it can be ascribed to thoughtless stupidity. If they are not, then it is antisocial.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #821
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #822
regwec
Shakespearo

Has anyone reported the post? I have never watched Walking Dead, but still feel ****ed off about it.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #823
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Some people are just rude. It's not like it's a 19 year old movie one is spoiling, it's a T.V show that came on last night.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #824
The Watchman
Balls McGee

Yeah, I mean given the source material I assumed as much, but dammit it's still on my DVR and spoiled for me as well.

I just blue myself
Old 12-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #825
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Has anyone reported the post? I have never watched Walking Dead, but still feel ****ed off about it.
Yeah I'm a little pissed. I'm waiting to watch the latest episodes. I didn't read it all. I would report it, but I wouldn't even know what to say.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Closed Thread