The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #376
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
I think the Ultron will be able to project a holographic image of James Spader over himself, which will allow him to go out in public and be inconspicuous. Ultron will spend much of the movie looking like James Spader. He will probably introduce himself to other characters as James Spader, and only reveal his robot form later. Spader's face will also appear on video screens.
I see your point man but I don´t think that it´s going to happen tho!! It wouldn´t make any sense to me because of many reasons.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #377
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 150
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Ultron doesn't need a holographic disguise, he's got his cowl.

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #378
DrDoom
Dictator
 
DrDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Latveria
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Some kind of practical concern I'd guess.
He'd have no need to hide his appearance though, and his character wouldn't want to be perceived as a human

__________________
"The power of the Cube is MINE to control, you were a FOOL to come here. You have no one to blame but YOURSELF!"

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #379
DrDoom
Dictator
 
DrDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Latveria
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Ultron doesn't need a holographic disguise, he's got his cowl.

__________________
"The power of the Cube is MINE to control, you were a FOOL to come here. You have no one to blame but YOURSELF!"

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #380
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,176
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
He'd have no need to hide his appearance though, and his character wouldn't want to be perceived as a human
If there was some practical plot reason that required him to go undercover somewhere then they, he'd have a reason to hide his appearance. He's done it before in the comics.

And honestly I don't think he'd care. If he hates humans so much I don't think he'd give much of a **** about humans perceiving him as one of them, their opinion doesn't matter much to him either way.

And, in the end, his human hatred really isn't that dogmatic. He isn't motivated by a genuine fanatical belief that humans are inferior to machines and must be exterminated and replaced by superior life forms, he's motivated by his desire to punish his father figure. Exterminating the human race and seeing them as less than him is an extension of that, not the other way around.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #381
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
His first appearance was disguised as a villain called "the Crimson Cowl". I think he's used the identity once or twice since ( and a lot of other people have also used it ).

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #382
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Also, some of his plots have involved things like "transform all life in the galaxy into a cyborg hive-mind." He's sometimes willing to admit use for flesh.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #383
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
possible information for AoU, regarding Thor: The Dark World.

a few interesting things here...

http://thormovies.tumblr.com/post/63030752606



Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Like the major comic book Thor, “the kingdom of darkness” - this is his personal journey where the hero has to solve his own problems without the help of all the other superheroes. With regard to the second general collection “The Avengers,” he will in 2015, where the team will be a new intergalactic threat.


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Now Marvel Studios vengeance is developing a new scene, which by tradition will stick to the film’s credits. We did not reveal all the secrets, but there is a good chance that it will eyeliner to the sequel “The Avengers”, because just the other day, Alan Taylor familiarized with the new script by Joss Whedon .





Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So, it says the team faces a new intergalactic threat...Ultron? Intergalactic?? Huh? lets make a quick list here...
-In the trailer "the fabric of reality is being torn apart"
-Based on the childrens book for the movie, there is a "rift in time and space"
-This article also seems into indicate that the after credit scene involves the Avengers sequel, where Alan Taylor was given the script by Whedon's sequel...

Perhaps Ultron gets created In avengers 2, and he already took over the world? But due to the events of Thor: The Dark World, Ultron finds himself back in the past?...

Something to think about

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #384
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Something to think about
I think the quote from the Russian article can more easily be ascribed to the popular assumption that TA2 was going to feature Thanos, and the "intergalactic threat" was based on that assumption. I'd like to find out if the article was written before or after SDCC.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #385
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,871
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think the quote from the Russian article can more easily be ascribed to the popular assumption that TA2 was going to feature Thanos, and the "intergalactic threat" was based on that assumption. I'd like to find out if the article was written before or after SDCC.
Before SDCC. It says the article was written on March 10th of this year.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #386
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Still, apparently Taylor was given a script of the avengers sequel, which means the after credit scene would possibly have something to do with it.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #387
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,833
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

We'll see, I guess. But I want it taken to another level from the gape-mouthed ultra-mechanical look.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #388
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

if he looks like he did in the teaser, I'm happy

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #389
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
I think the conclusion of the final battle refutes this idea. JARVIS attempted to kill Pepper and Tony was powerless to stop it because he lost the headset. An event like that would surely say to him that he needs to be in complete control of a singular armor. Destroying the remaining armors and affirming that he is Iron Man solidifies that.
Jarvis tried to kill Pepper because she was injected with extremis and she was giving off the heat signature Tony told him to destroy. Remember when the Iron Legion arrived at the docks, Tony told Jarvis to "target extremis heat signatures and disable with extreme prejudice".?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
She makes grown men weak at the knees when she appears in her skimpy gypsy costume.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Still, apparently Taylor was given a script of the avengers sequel, which means the after credit scene would possibly have something to do with it.
Ummm when was this?

__________________
“Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.”Joss Whedon.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #390
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Hardware is Tony's thing.

The software/AI that becomes Ultron will not be JARVIS. A new "origin", for Ultron. Where he comes from the avengers, supposedly?

I bet it's like an accumulative type of software.

This is what I think is going to happen. It will be a sort of software/tech/AI that makes it's way through HYDRA and Mandarin...and through SHIELD scientists. The network is called Ultron by SHIELD..

Universal
Large
Threat
Response
Only
Network

And it sort of tricks Tony into building his bodies.

Then in ant-man, we find out that Pym created the initial software that would eventually evolve into Ultron after it goes through all the high powers of the world.

Ultron will not be a corrupt Jarvis, and it will NOT be a Tony Stark creation. I feel 100%, and this is my theory, and I am sticking by it.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #391
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,965
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

So someone other than the guy who makes AI will make the AI? I'm not convinced.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #392
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,965
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Jarvis tried to kill Pepper because she was injected with extremis and she was giving off the heat signature Tony told him to destroy. Remember when the Iron Legion arrived at the docks, Tony told Jarvis to "target extremis heat signatures and disable with extreme prejudice".?
This. I didn't even realize I had been responded to, but this, yes. Tony would not be warded off of making automated Iron Man type stuff at all. All it is is a glitch in the system, no harm, no foul, make it better next time. If Tony was the type to give up on ideas just because they almost hurt someone, there would be no Iron Man.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #393
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 486
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

I think Ultron and Jarvis will have some sort of interaction in the movie. I think S.H.I.E.L.D. will have built Ultron. I think a certain scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier could have given it away. When Nick Fury says, "We're gonna neutralize a lot of threats before they even happen." Then Steve says, "This isn't freedom, this is fear." I think they are talking about Ultron. I could be way off but I got a feeling.

AlexanderLykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #394
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Hardware is Tony's thing.

The software/AI that becomes Ultron will not be JARVIS. A new "origin", for Ultron. Where he comes from the avengers, supposedly?

I bet it's like an accumulative type of software.

This is what I think is going to happen. It will be a sort of software/tech/AI that makes it's way through HYDRA and Mandarin...and through SHIELD scientists. The network is called Ultron by SHIELD..

Universal
Large
Threat
Response
Only
Network

And it sort of tricks Tony into building his bodies.

Then in ant-man, we find out that Pym created the initial software that would eventually evolve into Ultron after it goes through all the high powers of the world.

Ultron will not be a corrupt Jarvis, and it will NOT be a Tony Stark creation. I feel 100%, and this is my theory, and I am sticking by it.
"Universal Large Threat Response Only Network"....I like that. Very SHIELD, very government alphabet soup.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
So someone other than the guy who makes AI will make the AI? I'm not convinced.
You still seem convinced that Tony Stark is the only guy in the MCU who knows how to create AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
I think Ultron and Jarvis will have some sort of interaction in the movie. I think S.H.I.E.L.D. will have built Ultron. I think a certain scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier could have given it away. When Nick Fury says, "We're gonna neutralize a lot of threats before they even happen." Then Steve says, "This isn't freedom, this is fear." I think they are talking about Ultron. I could be way off but I got a feeling.

Good call.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #395
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 309
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
This. I didn't even realize I had been responded to, but this, yes. Tony would not be warded off of making automated Iron Man type stuff at all. All it is is a glitch in the system, no harm, no foul, make it better next time. If Tony was the type to give up on ideas just because they almost hurt someone, there would be no Iron Man.
Indeed, in fact, there's always been an element of fail and improvement throughout the franchise. Being flung around by the prototype thrusters, the icing problem, the suitcase suit being shredded moments after deployment, and then Mark 42, which was probably meant to be the successor to the suitcase but had it's own plethora of problems. (Mostly because of it's prehensile nature. His 'hard suits' have always performed nicely, yes even the final fight despite going up against foes that could heat up their arms to absurd degrees and melt through virtually anything it seems.)

Tony's always ironed out the kinks (haha pun), usually in the next movie if not moments after discovering the flaw. I can imagine in Avengers 2 we may even see an improved Mark 42. One that has reliable weapon systems and like, not fall apart every 20 seconds. Hell, if he can merge the capabilities of Mark 42 and and Mark 7 (the one he used to fight the Chitauri), then Tony just might have reached a stage where he can at least somewhat compete with any threat.

~

Also. love the acronym Jaqua. And whatever the source, having Ultron be mentioned or even have a presence in Winter Soldier would be great (and make the wait between WS and AoU mega unbearable lol).

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #396
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
Indeed, in fact, there's always been an element of fail and improvement throughout the franchise. Being flung around by the prototype thrusters, the icing problem, the suitcase suit being shredded moments after deployment, and then Mark 42, which was probably meant to be the successor to the suitcase but had it's own plethora of problems. (Mostly because of it's prehensile nature. His 'hard suits' have always performed nicely, yes even the final fight despite going up against foes that could heat up their arms to absurd degrees and melt through virtually anything it seems.)

Tony's always ironed out the kinks (haha pun), usually in the next movie if not moments after discovering the flaw. I can imagine in Avengers 2 we may even see an improved Mark 42. One that has reliable weapon systems and like, not fall apart every 20 seconds. Hell, if he can merge the capabilities of Mark 42 and and Mark 7 (the one he used to fight the Chitauri), then Tony just might have reached a stage where he can at least somewhat compete with any threat.

~

Also. love the acronym Jaqua. And whatever the source, having Ultron be mentioned or even have a presence in Winter Soldier would be great (and make the wait between WS and AoU mega unbearable lol).
yeah sorry, I can't take credit for that acronym :P

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #397
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain
 
DaddlerTheDalek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany, NRW
Posts: 809
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

I wouldn't surprise me to see a Ultron Easter egg in CA: TWS.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
You're watching a Poster!
DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #398
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 309
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Maybe Ultron will be our post credit's stinger if nothing else.

I can see it now, some classic dramatic zoom in on an AI program running on a SHIELD computer, or maybe even the actual robot. Everything goes red on the computer or we zoom in on the robot's face and the eyes go red while the thing boots to life with a menacing whir of robotics.

Fanboys in the audience roar with excitement while the less Marvel-educated (aka the general audience) are just like "wat".

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #399
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
Maybe Ultron will be our post credit's stinger if nothing else.

I can see it now, some classic dramatic zoom in on an AI program running on a SHIELD computer, or maybe even the actual robot. Everything goes red on the computer or we zoom in on the robot's face and the eyes go red while the thing boots to life with a menacing whir of robotics.

Fanboys in the audience roar with excitement while the less Marvel-educated (aka the general audience) are just like "wat".
Are there that many "less Marvel-educated" audiences who stick around for the post-credits, anyway? In every comic book movie I've ever been to, the vast majority of the audience leaves as soon as the credits roll, and the only ones left to watch the stinger are a handful of us "in the know" fanboys.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #400
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,965
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You still seem convinced that Tony Stark is the only guy in the MCU who knows how to create AI.
No, I'm convinced that he's the only guy in the MCU that does create AI. Because no one else has been shown to do so, or indicated to have any interest or need to do so. Banner can, but he doesn't, for instance. Zola is speculation - he's not an AI in 616, and never an AI creator in comics. Plus he's not rumored to appear in Avengers 2 to create the guy anyway. Others are even more tenuous speculation. That's why I say I'm not convinced, because they're all speculative theories as opposed to: this guy makes AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherentChaos View Post
Indeed, in fact, there's always been an element of fail and improvement throughout the franchise. Being flung around by the prototype thrusters, the icing problem, the suitcase suit being shredded moments after deployment, and then Mark 42, which was probably meant to be the successor to the suitcase but had it's own plethora of problems. (Mostly because of it's prehensile nature. His 'hard suits' have always performed nicely, yes even the final fight despite going up against foes that could heat up their arms to absurd degrees and melt through virtually anything it seems.)

Tony's always ironed out the kinks (haha pun), usually in the next movie if not moments after discovering the flaw. I can imagine in Avengers 2 we may even see an improved Mark 42. One that has reliable weapon systems and like, not fall apart every 20 seconds. Hell, if he can merge the capabilities of Mark 42 and and Mark 7 (the one he used to fight the Chitauri), then Tony just might have reached a stage where he can at least somewhat compete with any threat.

~

Also. love the acronym Jaqua. And whatever the source, having Ultron be mentioned or even have a presence in Winter Soldier would be great (and make the wait between WS and AoU mega unbearable lol).
Exactly. Tony will be so dangerous in AoU, it makes sense that he'll experience his biggest backfire there, especially since he'll take the longest break afterwards while the rest of the team appears in sequels and TV shows and such.

On that theory, I think that one thing that might be interesting is if Tony provides the software and Cap/SHIELD provides the hardware for Ultron. That would be interesting. While it doesn't make any sense for anyone else to make the AI part, it really needs to be a team effort in creating Ultron, or at least giving the opportunity/motivation to be a supervillain.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.