The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #26
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mark Millar said 5-10 Franchises that Fox can make. What exactly are they?

Where's the love for Secret Wars?

For that matter, what if the plot of X-Factor is a loose adaptation of Inferno? It would naturally have Cable from X-Force cross over for it to work. Here's how it would go. Sinister clones Jean, convinces her that she's the real Jean, gives her false memories and then lets her loose into the world. He then tracks her down and tells her that an imposter is pretending to be the real Jean and she's lying that she's stolen her life from her and even mothered a child in her name. The only way forward is for her to seek revenge. She's to track down Cable as a child, take a small sample of his DNA, then kill him along with his parents. The Goblin Queen then pretends to be Jean, impersonates her, sneaks into the X-Mansion and kidnaps young Cable. Sinister succeeds in cloning Cable, but X-Factor alongside adult Cable stop fake Jean from killing young Cable. Cable is then tempted to kill the newborn clone of him but can't bring himself to do so, which causes a new character called Stryfe to exist in the present post-credits.

I'm not sure if it's too dark. particularly with how Goblin Queen would interact with young Cable by trying to tell him that everything is going to be all right, that she loves him but she really just wants to murder him. I'm pretty sure that most members of the audience would be uneasy with a plot about Cyclops and Jean potentially losing a child and Cable having to deal with learning that if he were raised by Sinister instead of Cyclops and Jean, he'd probably be a villain. This might hit way too close to home.

Last edited by Dasher10; 12-05-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #27
Naji Assan
Banned User

Default Re: Mark Millar said 5-10 Franchises that Fox can make. What exactly are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't see why this should be the case. Not every film that will feature the core X-Men team should be an event movie that will feature a cross-over from a spin-off. It would be very repetitive to the audience, event film+cross-over with another cast.

Fox could still do movies with the core X-Men team with a lower-scale like X2/X1/The Wolverine and still maintain box-office success.
X-Men movies are now Avengers movies. They're only gonna spend $250 million on event movies, not on lead-ins. Days of Future Past is the first event movie.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #28
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
X-Men movies are now Avengers movies. They're only gonna spend $250 million on event movies, not on lead-ins. Days of Future Past is the first event movie.

Yep. There's no point in dropping the big bucks if the X-Men, X-Force and X-Factor are all separate. First up should be X-Cutioner's Song since I've wanted to see Apocalypse for a while now. He needs some buildup first over a few films, then the payoff would be awesome.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #29
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Well it looks we are getting two X-Men event movies back to back!

I don't see any X-Men film being released in 2015, but who knows! I was completely surprised with this 2016 announcement!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #30
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well it looks we are getting two X-Men event movies back to back!

I don't see any X-Men film being released in 2015, but who knows! I was completely surprised with this 2016 announcement!

And it looks like a loose adaptation of X-Cutioner's Song.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #31
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

You know i have always favoured the idea of having the british superhero type excalibar as a movie, now that would be interesting. You couldnt have nightcrawler, colossus but maybe you could have psylocke.

Excalibar The Movie
> Locked up in the tower of london hidden in an undergound secret facility is Jamie Braddock a Schizophrenic Mutant whose is being sedated because his powers are so powerful they can change reality. But due to a faulty equipment he escapes... The goverment seeks out his brother Brian Braddock the only mutant in the uk able to stop his brother. Brian dones the Captain Britain persona along with his sister Psylocke his wife Megan and goverment official Peter Wisdom they form the super group Excalibar...

Id watch that.

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #32
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
And it looks like a loose adaptation of X-Cutioner's Song.
How would you do it? Give me your take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
You know i have always favoured the idea of having the british superhero type excalibar as a movie, now that would be interesting. You couldnt have nightcrawler, colossus but maybe you could have psylocke.

Excalibar The Movie
> Locked up in the tower of london hidden in an undergound secret facility is Jamie Braddock a Schizophrenic Mutant whose is being sedated because his powers are so powerful they can change reality. But due to a faulty equipment he escapes... The goverment seeks out his brother Brian Braddock the only mutant in the uk able to stop his brother. Brian dones the Captain Britain persona along with his sister Psylocke his wife Megan and goverment official Peter Wisdom they form the super group Excalibar...

Id watch that.
Moira, Muir, Banshee, Madrox, Nightcrawler...Excalibur is something they'd be stupid not to make.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #33
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick

I think Muir Island in itself would be an interesting concept for a movie...

It would be a good sequel idea to first class's moira mctaggart and would explain what happened next.

Think about it, Banshee is missing from the rosta from first class, moira was left with no memory of Charles.

So what if the goverment set up a mutant research facility "Muir Island" which Charles sends Banshee to monitor - you have a young Madrox as a kid being monitored - bit of a trouble maker, forshadowing his fate in x-men 3. We'll give Banshee a love interest... to sort of hint at how siryn in x-men 2-3.

For Excalibur i think it would be wise to use unused mutants... you can kind of get away with using a different besty braddock as the one we saw in x-men 3 was more the inhabbited body version. You have lots of characters they can choose from, Captain Britain, Megan, Peter Wisdom, Jamie Braddock, Jack Of Hearts, the black knight... etc

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #34
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
I think Muir Island in itself would be an interesting concept for a movie...

It would be a good sequel idea to first class's moira mctaggart and would explain what happened next.

Think about it, Banshee is missing from the rosta from first class, moira was left with no memory of Charles.

So what if the goverment set up a mutant research facility "Muir Island" which Charles sends Banshee to monitor - you have a young Madrox as a kid being monitored - bit of a trouble maker, forshadowing his fate in x-men 3. We'll give Banshee a love interest... to sort of hint at how siryn in x-men 2-3.

For Excalibur i think it would be wise to use unused mutants... you can kind of get away with using a different besty braddock as the one we saw in x-men 3 was more the inhabbited body version. You have lots of characters they can choose from, Captain Britain, Megan, Peter Wisdom, Jamie Braddock, Jack Of Hearts, the black knight... etc
I like your ideas. Just reboot Madrox though like they did with Moira and Emma. Introduce him in Excalibur, then make him the star of X-Factor Investigations later on.

Also, who would you use as the first villain?

Old 12-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #35
The Englishman
Marching On Together

I like the idea of an Excalibur movie and with Nightcrawler not currently being used in the X-Men films he can totally be used in this. Add Wolfsbane to the mix and we have a winner. Also how about having Onslaught as a villain to bring together the X-Men and Fantastic Four?

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #36
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
I like the idea of an Excalibur movie and with Nightcrawler not currently being used in the X-Men films he can totally be used in this. Add Wolfsbane to the mix and we have a winner. Also how about having Onslaught as a villain to bring together the X-Men and Fantastic Four?
Onslaught would be the best way to bridge the two.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #37
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Why not do X-Factor before Excalibur? X-Factor has long been the bigger and more popular team.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #38
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Why not do X-Factor before Excalibur? X-Factor has long been the bigger and more popular team.
I'd prefer an X-Factor Investigations movie after Excalibur. I want Madrox introduced on Muir and then given his own squad after proving himself there.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #39
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
I'm not bothered which one comes first but it would be nice to see more mutants from different country's.

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote