The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 12-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #601
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Boom Boom doesn't fit to other members of the movie.
Thats not really true. I could understand if you dont want to see her, but she's been on every single X-Force team with Cable and Domino (plus X-Force Vol3 and New Mutants) and one of the longest lasting OG X-Force members still in the book. She also has violent tendencies and can be a lil crazy/unpredicatable. She fits more then fine with them.

Last edited by def28; 12-04-2013 at 06:43 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #602
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Thats not really true. I could understand if you dont want to see her, but she's been on every single X-Force team with Cable and Domino (plus X-Force Vol3 and New Mutants) and one of the longest lasting OG X-Force members still in the book. She also has violent tendencies and can be a lil crazy/unpredicatable. She fits more then fine with them.

For as much as I like Tabitha, I'd worry that she'd be too similar to both Domino and Deadpool in terms of personality. That's just how I see it. Rictor and Fantomex both have their own unique personalities.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #603
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yeah, Domino and Deadpool you already got two screwballs on the team, Psylocke and Cable are the stoics, and you need one person there to kind of be the straight man.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #604
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Yeah, Domino and Deadpool you already got two screwballs on the team, Psylocke and Cable are the stoics, and you need one person there to kind of be the straight man.
I know. Hence why Rictor and Fantomex are the best choices.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #605
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Have a feeling that's gonna be Cable's role. Basically been his job in the Cable/Deadpool run, and he's really the only one to talk sense to Nena and Wade. You kind of have to be crazy to team up with these guys.

If there is a more level headed type of role (whos not the lead) I'd be worried they wont be able to keep up with everyone else and seem out of place. I guess Cannonball would fit that bill pretty well if they needed a more level headed character in the crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I know. Hence why Rictor and Fantomex are the best choices.

Fantomex is as far from a straight laced character as you can get. Dude has three brains and cant be trusted by anyone under any circumstances. Even Psylocke cant trust him. He's just as likely to back stab as Deapdool is. If not more. Thats what makes him so interesting, and why he fit perfect on Remenders UXF. Everyone on that team has issues beyond repair. Im all for his addition but I dont think he's a good option as the more normal straight laced of the group. Dudes all mystery and illusion down to his powers and should have the audience always guessing what his true intentions are.

As for Rictor, we all have our favs but I think theres about a dozen better characters out there. He's always seemed better suited for the X-Factor crew. If I saw his name along with the other characters we expect my first thought would be this guys the new Darwin. In it to die.
Quote:
For as much as I like Tabitha, I'd worry that she'd be too similar to both Domino and Deadpool in terms of personality. That's just how I see it.
Deadpool maybe, as far as more eccentric comic relief. Domino, I dont really see that issue. Theres a reason they have been paired up in the comics the past year. Their clashing personalities bounce back and forth from eachother very well.

All this depends on what goes in the story. Theres really no perfect pick as of right now with the info we have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I don't see X-23 in the X-Force movie.
Yeah, I don't either. But I wouldn't be against it. Tough character to dislike. Think theres a better chance of her getting added to TW2.

Last edited by def28; 12-04-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #606
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

I think Cannonball would bring in some of that mutant spectacle magic that an X-movie needs. The other characters are more trained warriors without much visual flair as far as their mutant powers go. Cannonball could look visually amazing if done right (ie they don't use the ****** fx people from Origins).

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #607
Naji Assan
Banned User

Hopefully Wadlow announces the full lineup at SDCC. I'll say it again, this movie depends on Cable being properly cast.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #608
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Have a feeling that's gonna be Cable's role. Basically been his job in the Cable/Deadpool run, and he's really the only one to talk sense to Nena and Wade. You kind of have to be crazy to team up with these guys.

If there is a more level headed type of role (whos not the lead) I'd be worried they wont be able to keep up with everyone else and seem out of place. I guess Cannonball would fit that bill pretty well if they needed a more level headed character in the crew.

Fantomex is as far from a straight laced character as you can get. Dude has three brains and cant be trusted by anyone under any circumstances. Even Psylocke cant trust him. He's just as likely to back stab as Deapdool is. If not more. Thats what makes him so interesting, and why he fit perfect on Remenders UXF. Everyone on that team has issues beyond repair. Im all for his addition but I dont think he's a good option as the more normal straight laced of the group. Dudes all mystery and illusion down to his powers and should have the audience always guessing what his true intentions are.

You're right. I just feel that whoever's caught between Cable and Psylocke on one side and Domino and Deadpool on the other needs to REALLY stand out. A guy with a brain in a jar who's completely shrouded in mystery and like Domino has a past as a test subject of Weapon X isn't boring in the least. More importantly, he's somebody who makes even Deadpool uneasy with his casual violence. Yeah, Cable is a time traveler adjusting to a different time period, Psylocke is spoiled rotten and has a hair trigger temper, Domino's childhood trauma thanks to Weapon X makes her unable to live a normal life outside of being a superhero and Deadpool is completely insane but Fantomex makes them all seem well-adjusted by comparison, particularly since he's in denial that he has a problem in the first place.

This is a guy who's inevitable going to be Psylocke's love interest who'll kiss her and admit that he can't feel it as he has no nervous system, he just does it because she likes it which causes even Psylocke of all people to cry but doesn't even apologize. His character arc would be about learning how to be a team player, to stop picking on Deadpool and just plain be less of a jerk.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 AM   #609
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're right. I just feel that whoever's caught between Cable and Psylocke on one side and Domino and Deadpool on the other needs to REALLY stand out. A guy with a brain in a jar who's completely shrouded in mystery and like Domino has a past as a test subject of Weapon X isn't boring in the least. More importantly, he's somebody who makes even Deadpool uneasy with his casual violence. Yeah, Cable is a time traveler adjusting to a different time period, Psylocke is spoiled rotten and has a hair trigger temper, Domino's childhood trauma thanks to Weapon X makes her unable to live a normal life outside of being a superhero and Deadpool is completely insane but Fantomex makes them all seem well-adjusted by comparison, particularly since he's in denial that he has a problem in the first place.
I agree. Especially with the bolded. I think Fantomex is about the only character who can possibly upstage the others that are being discussed, and is one of he more interesting/mysterious characters in the Xverse. Alot of layers to him. He stole the show in UXF, given the right writing could do the same in the flick. Like I said on the other page I'd pay just to see how EVA is handled.

With the assumed cast he is definitely the best pair up for Betsy minus Warren. Both Fantomex and Betsy pretty much represent the leads in the modern team of X-Force through the past 4 years. UXF is is their title. If Wadlow grabs characters from there (which he hinted at) it should be them.

Last edited by def28; 12-05-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #610
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Old school X-force was my favorite x-team. Cable with his time traveling mysteriousness was cool. I always remember deadpool as an enemy of x-force. I don't want him on the team. I want cable, domino, warpath, shatterstar, feral, and cannonball. The original team. If you have to add more. I would say sunspot and rictor.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #611
micsin
Newbie First Class

Warpath and Sunspot are already cast in X-Men DOFP; do you think it's likely that the X-Force movie will spinoff from that with these characters and actors??

micsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #612
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yeah Cable, Deadpool, and Psylocke seem like shoe-ins based on everything that we've heard, and Domino is very likely as well. The fifth member appears to be the big question mark.
I'm hoping for Archangel.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #613
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by micsin View Post
Warpath and Sunspot are already cast in X-Men DOFP; do you think it's likely that the X-Force movie will spinoff from that with these characters and actors??
Judging by Wadlows comments - I don't think so. There's no way they'd have Cable, Deadpool, Warpath, Sunspot and then only one female character.

Especially when you have two awesome female members in Domino and Psylocke.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #614
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Judging by Wadlows comments - I don't think so. There's no way they'd have Cable, Deadpool, Warpath, Sunspot and then only one female character.

I am convinced 4 out of 5 will be cable,Domino,Deadpool,and Psylocke.If war path or sunspot make cut it will only be one of them.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #615
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I am convinced 4 out of 5 will be cable,Domino,Deadpool,and Psylocke.If war path or sunspot make cut it will only be one of them.
I am also convinced it will be these 4.

The fact warpath and sunspot were cast rather young and in DoFP makes me think one of them may make this movie, and since it will likely be nobody in the mansion and colossus would be a good fit, I'd go with warpath if he survives DoFP. They can be rather similar in purpose. The team doesn't really have a strong guy discounting cable, but that's not his purpose.

If it's not warpath, I would like to potentially see Cannonball or Fantomex but I don't feel like these would fit in the movie as much as warpath or sunspot. Cannonball is rather 'bright' for the tone of the film IMO and Fantomex is a bit like Deadpool in personality although he would be a great character.

I would also like to see Doctor Nemesis as the 5th member but I doubt he will be in it, he is so underrated as a character, he is so awesomely written.

Last edited by Sullstar; 12-07-2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Adding stuff
Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #616
ShaZam612
Side-Kick

Do we think if they bring in Shatterstar or Rictor they would be gay in the movie? It might be a smart idea since NO superhero movie has done it yet.

ShaZam612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #617
micsin
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post

Psylocke is relatively new; she's not an X-force staple. I'm also inclined to think she won't be on the team, only because I really want her to be

I also said this in the casting thread -- Singer likes to stick with the same cast members. Warpath and Sunspot are being introduced in DOFP, and they're longtime members of X-Force; Singer's M.O. would be to stick with the same guys. Though I realize it may not be Singer who ends up at the helm of X-Force, he'll certainly have influence.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #618
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I still want Cannonball on the team. To me, he is the #2 "classic" X-Force guy behind Cable.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #619
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaZam612 View Post
Do we think if they bring in Shatterstar or Rictor they would be gay in the movie? It might be a smart idea since NO superhero movie has done it yet.
both characters should remain out of this.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #620
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Psylocke is relatively new; she's not an X-force staple.
She's an Uncanny X-Force Staple. And UXF lead. Which they have been hinting at using.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #621
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
She's an Uncanny X-Force Staple. And UXF lead. Which they have been hinting at using.
I agree, she is now a staple, she is even one of the leads, with cable, in the new merged books entitled just 'X-Force' coming out next year.

Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #622
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I don't see her going anywhere soon either. Shes definitely left her mark on X-Force more then most previous members with the Dark Angel Saga.

Who else is on the new team? Fantomex and Marrow right?

Old 12-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #623
micsin
Newbie First Class

Fantomex would be cool.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #624
micsin
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Wait?! Who was hinting at using Psylocke? I missed that...

Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #625
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wait?! Who was hinting at using Psylocke? I missed that...
Uncanny X-Force has been mentioned by Wadlow many times. And its been confirmed this will use characters from different rosters. I think the one thing pretty much everyone here agress with is that Deadpool, Cable and Domino are pretty much a shoe in. With Cable and Deadpool confirmed by Lifeld. They all go back to the 90s. So if they were using UXF characters (and mutants who have never been shown at the mansion) Psylocke and Fantomex would be the next likely.

The only thing that mentioned Psylocke was a reply Liefeld said to a fan who was a Psylocke fan. Nothing big and shes not confirmed. But she is definitely the main player from UXF. So if they are looking at that books characters, its a safe assumption Psylocke is being considered. Given she's a major fan fav Im sure gives her an edge as well. But who knows....

With this Apocalypse announcement I want her developed with Angel. But I dont think Singer will care enough about them enough to give them their due. Theres too many characters. Angels demise in Dark Angel Saga is one of the strongest things Ive read in X-Men books, and it would be really friggen rad if they tried to adapt that last moment with them. Ill also be very disappointed if they dont use that relationship and build it to some degree here in X-Men or X-Force down the line,.Especially now that Apocalypse is in the equation.

Last edited by def28; 12-07-2013 at 09:09 AM.