The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 11-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Spider-Man Universe

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/2...nded-universe/

Quote:
Spider-Man’s world is about to get bigger.
“We do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-Man. There are a number of scripts in the works,” Sony Pictures Entertainment Chairman and Chief Executive Michael Lynton told investors Thursday. And any character within Spider-Man’s universe is fair game for a spinoff, including villains and girlfriends.
The details are going to be a little tricky since Spider-Man is a Marvel character, so, Lynton said that Sony is working alongside Marvel and Disney. He didn’t go into specifics about the nature of the collaboration, according to Deadline, though Sony owns Spider-Man and the characters in his world, Disney owns the merchandising rights. It’s also very unlikely that the masked arthropod will join up with the full slate of Avengers characters.
It looks like Sony is hoping to make a Spider-Man Universe, not unlike Fox's X-Men/FF Universe or the MCU.

What kind of Spinoff would you hope to see?
  • Scarlet Spider?
  • Venom?
  • Black Cat?
  • Dr. Octopus?
  • Prowler?
  • Spider-Girl/Arana/Anya Corazon
  • Spider-Girl/May Parker?
  • Ultimate/Miles Morales?
  • 2099/Miguel O'Hara?
  • Slingers? (Dusk, Prodigy, Hornet, Riccochet?)
  • Rocket Racer!?

I don't know, who would you actually go see a movie about? And don't say Carnage, because an hour and a half of a serial killer isn't nearly as much fun in a kids movie.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Re: Spider-Man Universe

Wait, people want to see a Carnage spin-off? Carnage is a lot of things but he's never going to be a hero.

I personally think that the best options are Venom, Black Cat, Prowler and Silver Sable and if they are working with Marvel, then why not have Spidey pop up in the MCU at some point? I'd love to see him join the Avengers.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Wait, people want to see a Carnage spin-off? Carnage is a lot of things but he's never going to be a hero.

I personally think that the best options are Venom, Black Cat, Prowler and Silver Sable and if they are working with Marvel, then why not have Spidey pop up in the MCU at some point? I'd love to see him join the Avengers.
Not likely to happen. Deadline says that they are likely working with Marvel/Disney in regards to merchandising for the spin-offs.

The spin-off should be Venom, although I don't know who would play him.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
eon001
Side-Kick

Was just about to start a thread about this.

I guess Black Cat can start things off.
Not sure how rich her history is Sony will have to invest in setting up her character to make her interesting.

Then obviously Venom. I would suggest a Venom story arc that involves Eddie Brock, then ends with Flash getting the symbiote and becoming Agent Venom. First villain in his spin off movie would be Carnage with a Spiderman team up.

*Wildcard choice* Green Goblin became an anti hero for a limited run. They could play with that idea.

I would stay away from clones like Scarlet Spider, but I qould welcome Spider girl or Miguel 2099. Possible time traveling story although that might be a bit too "sci fi" ish for the this version of Spider man.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Wouldn't mind seeing a Kingpin-centric film. Wilson Fisk: Kingpin or The Kingpin of Crime.

Or perhaps just have a Black Cat film with Kingpin as the lead villain.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Dr. Evil
Gamora

So would Felicity Jones be playing Black Cat?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
eon001
Side-Kick

Not sure what the legal rights are, but I think Moebius might be in contention too.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
Not sure what the legal rights are, but I think Moebius might be in contention too.
CBR says that Sony has the rights to Morbius.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #9
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The Hollywood Reporter has an interesting Spinoff option:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...er-mans-659534

Quote:
Captain Marvel

Who? Not the current incarnation of the character -- nor even the first -- but Monica Rambeau, who currently goes by the name Spectrum. Better known as a member of the Avengers, the character actually made her debut in an Amazing Spider-Man annual in 1982.

Movie Potential? In the unlikely off-chance that the character isn't part of Marvel Studios' package due to her Avengers connections, most definitely. With a greater power-set and entirely different demographic than Spider-Man, there's the potential for Monica to bring a whole new audience to the superhero genre if done right.
If that turns out to be true, it may explain why she has yet to appear in the MCU, because I think that Marvel blew several opportunities to debut her in the MCU.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #10
eon001
Side-Kick

Some interesting and varied choice's here. I think some of them would make decent tv shows.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...y-has-to-make/

Silver Sable could work as Sony mini version of Shield. Mercenaries and spies. Cross over potential with Agent Venom.

Superior Foes would work as a fun show. Or they could channel the Kick Ass audience and make a comedy super villain movie.

Morbius is probably better suited in Marvels supernatural phase with Dr Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade etc.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Morbius, Venom and possibly Black Cat. Personally I think these three could and I mean just about justify their own film. I could not see any become a seperate franchise though. In my opinion they should just make a one-off film about them and not something like Marvel is doing. It just doesn't work for a franchise focused on one character, Spider-Man.

Any who, here is my idea's. NOTE: Spider-Man Chronicles is the title to establish a connection and bring in more audience

Spider-Man Chronicles: Black Cat
Story: Origin Film that also details her first encounters with Kingpin. Released after a Kingpin/Black Cat Spider-Man Film.

Spider-Man Chronicles: Venom
Story: briefly explains symbeote origin. Sets up a future Spider-Man film with Venom. Follows the Agent Venom story with Chris (something) reprising Flash from TASM.

Spider-Man Chronicles: Morbius
Story: Origin Film again... Also just think with Vampires being popular the "living vampire" spin would be unique. Would follow Morbius's struggles with Vampirism. Shriek or Tombstone could be the villain. Before a Spidey/Morbius film (because Vampires make money anyway).

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Black Cat
Prowler
Silver Sable
Morbius
Scarlet Spider (way down the line)
Flash Thompson/Venom (way down the line)

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
Dasher10
Side-Kick

I'd much rather see Brock as Venom. Put the black costume in ASM3, the climax will have Sider-Man lose the symbiote in the clocktower, then post-Credits, we see Eddie as Venom.

Venom would be the first spin-off. Which details him facing off against Spider-Man for the first act, people believe he's insane when he says that he has superpowers so he's held in a cell with Carnage at Ravencroft after attempting to kill Spider-Man. The symbiote finds Venom in his cell but also leaves a part of itself behind that merges with Cletus Kassady. The second act is about Venom and Spider-Man squaring off while Carnage starts a killing spree across New York. The third act is where Spider-Man and Venom have to put aside their differences to defeat Carnage. Doctor Kafka believes Brock that he's not crazy and he's now seen as a hero. He rejects an offer to work with Spider-Man again as they're not friends and never will be so Venom goes on his way to fight evil on his own terms.

The last thing that I want to see is Peter with the symbiote and Venom only appearing at the tail end in one movie again. It needs to be too films.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #14
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

You can't do a Venom spin-off without introducing his character in the main film series first and developing his character.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Hmmm... you can. You do need a Peter Parker cameo of sorts, to get the symbiote to kick off the story, cause havoc and then get free, and then you remove him from the story, recuperating from his ordeal with the Symbiote in some way. You then foreshadow what Brock will become if he keeps the symbiote on, both in terms of power and self destructive danger, as well as explain why Spider-Man never helps at all during the film.

It does rob you of an extended period where Venom Spidey is running around being angsty, but I think we got enough of that in SM3, imho. Doing it "right" isn't worth repeating the same exact story points again.

I also want to see a Prowler move, I think that could be pretty frakking cool on the inventor angle. Black Cat could be a super-fun heist film, and if they really want to push it and be innovative, let Dr. Octopus be a straight up villain/horror-type film character study with a downer ending.

I think it'd be fun to see Arana and Miles Morales down the line as well.

What I think would be most cool is if they actually killed off Peter Parker after 5-6 films and had Garfield playing Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider. Or Superior Spider-Man. Or both, not sure, could be awesome either way.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Most of these characters would need to first be introduced in an Amazing Spider-man film. Black Cat and Venom shpuld be introduced there. Black Cat could be as soon as TASM3, while Venom deserves to be the villain in his own movie, but that would likely not be until TASM5. That would be like 2020. Doing it sooner (unless the decrease the standard 2 year movie interval) would be forcing it...

Now there are two characters/groups that I believe would be within Sony's jurisdiction, and could be introduced as stand alone movies, within the same universe, with possibly a cameo from the web crawler.

That would be Silver Sable and the Wild Pack

and...

Cloak and Dagger

Most others should be seen within a Spidey movie first, or is just too obscure for the GA to make it as a standalone flick.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Spidey 2099 would be pretty darn sweet but I gotta think the chances of that are pretty small. And I would love a Cloak & Dagger movie (or series)

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
Picard Sisko

I think with Venom, they can really dive into Eddie Brock's history leading up to him getting the symbiote after Spider-Man gets rid of it. What do you think?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #19
The Villain
Side-Kick

The Prowler I would like to see out of list & perhaps a bit of both villain & hero story added to the character.

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #20
Picard Sisko

I keep on saying how I want the Prowler. Sony, are you listening?

FYI, the Prowler is the Uncle of Miles Morales.