The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 12-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #101
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
No. It's a new timeline for the present day.
Unless you have a time machine and have somehow already seen the movie, you can't really make this statement.

Quote:
Use the OT cast
They can use whichever cast they feel is best suited to whatever story they decide to tell.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #102
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
Great to see we're finally getting Apocalypse - and hopefully Sinister alongside him. The 90s animated series is still the definitive portrayal of these two so I hope the movies do them justice.
I never read the X-Men comics, but I loved Apocalypse in the 90's animated series.

Dat voice! He was so badass.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #103
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im guessing X-force will bridge the gap between the two X-men films? Cool

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #104
Angamb
Banned User

I wonder if X-Force movie has been pushed back or if Millar and Fox will push for a late 2015 release.

to have X-Men: Apocalypse without X-Force being released a year before seems like a wasted opportunity

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #105
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...or-may-27-2016

I wish I could travel 18 years in the past and tell my 11 year old self about this. He would piss his pants with excitement.
Now THAT's a Surprise Singer! Awesome!

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #106
Lord
All Mighty

For somebody who said he never liked suoerhero comics, he seems to be loving the X-Men mythos, even the stories that aren't about prejudice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #107
Angamb
Banned User

really hope Singer has more interest now in characters like Cyclops, Gambit and Archangel.

Its about time Singer starts exploring a bit more other characters appart from Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto.

They will be present, for sure, but Cyclops and Gambit kind of deserve the spotlight this time around

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #108
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Pretty much confirms an Apocalypse after credit scene in DOFP and that he is the real villain in that movie. I guess they didn't want to use Age of... since Marvel is using that for Ultron. Although, a bit of a dick move to schedule it May 27 when Marvel/Disney already slated a film for May 6.

Anyway, wonder what this means for X-Force? I thought we'd be getting X-Force in 2016 and an Apocalypse movie in 2017.
heard it hear first...
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5&postcount=16

i think im preaching to the choir when I say I'm excited and that I want less wolverine and more X-men (hello CYCLOPS ANYONE)

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #109
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
For somebody who said he never liked suoerhero comics, he seems to be loving the X-Men mythos, even the stories that aren't about prejudice.
The story that I heard is that Singer passed on directing X-Men because he wasn't a comic book fan. Then later on, he actually READ some X-Men comics and realized that they could make for good movies.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #110
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I'm really trying to not speculate too much on the plot/cast until after Days of Future Past, but it's hard not to. The timeline is definitely all screwed up, but I don't really care. I mean, First Class takes place 40 years before X-Men, yet mutants seemed like a relatively "new" threat, and the X-Men didn't seem all that familiar with Magneto to start that one, even though it looks like he has been a pretty big deal for 40 years leading up to that movie.

I think that's part of the problem with making prequels as opposed to just a reboot. Unless there is some timey wimey stuff going on, it's hard to believe the X-Men faced threats like Sentinels and especially Apocalypse leading decades before X-Men.

However, like I said, I really don't care if the timeline doesn't make all that much sense. Just give me good, fun movies and I will be happy.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #111
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
really hope Singer has more interest now in characters like Cyclops, Gambit and Archangel.

Its about time Singer starts exploring a bit more other characters appart from Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto.

They will be present, for sure, but Cyclops and Gambit kind of deserve the spotlight this time around
From what I heard, Singer wanted to make Cyclops and Jean the main characters in X3, with Cyclop's character being explored after Jean's "death." Then he and Marsden left to do Superman Returns and those plans got torpedoed.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #112
ShaZam612
Side-Kick

James was on set..What if he was filming the end credits scene. What if the credits scene is Apocalypse starting to build his Horsemen and it then reveals Scott is one

ShaZam612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #113
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Apocalyspe a Villian I've waited to see on the Big Screen ever since the First X-Men. Lets hope Singer doesn't mess this up. People have suggested bringing in Sinister as well I wouldn't mind that but the thing is with Sinister you need to have Jean Grey and Cyclops in that storyline imo.

SuperBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #114
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

If they're really doing Apocalypse then hopefully Sinister won't be too far behind.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #115
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Haha, Simultaneous Sinister post!

Old 12-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #116
Guard82
Side-Kick

I'm extremely happy and excited about this! Apocalypse is one of the greatest X-Men villains. I always loved his episode appearances in X-Men: The Animated Series in the '90s. I've wanted to see him on the big screen for a very long time, and now it looks like it's going to happen! Can't wait.

Hopefully Mr. Sinister will show up in the movies too pretty soon. I've always wanted to see both Apocalypse and Sinister in the films. Magneto has consistently been a great villain throughout the film franchise, and I'd love to see Apocalypse and Sinister done justice on the big screen as well.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #117
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Eh I'm kind of sick of the OT cast, it doesn't seem like their roles will be too large in DoFP either. I'd rather future Xmovies use the base of McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and the guy who plays Beast and build into the team of the Orginal Xtrilogy. And if they're trying to "fix" the future then it wouldn't run into many problems if you want to eventually put the FC members into present day I guess. It's all pretty messy down the line, you either establish these past Xmen and then continue with the original casts in future movies, esentially disbanding the FC actors, or you've brought in these past Xmen to become the future x men and then get rid of most of those future actors and bring in new, younger ones. Or you just make every movie deal with past and future storylines to keep everyone lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #118
tnr105
Side-Kick

I picture them doing something ala the Wolverine and the X-Men finale. They at first think they fixed the timeline and then maybe Cyclops walks in the room; showing how much they've changed things...then Apocalypse cliffhanger. What makes me giddy is that with Age of Apocalypse; greater chance of seeing Nightcrawler return to take names!

tnr105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #119
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Am I the only person who thinks Apocalypse from the 90s cartoon sounds kind of like Tom Hardy's Bane?

Donnie Darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #120
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
Am I the only person who thinks Apocalypse from the 90s cartoon sounds kind of like Tom Hardy's Bane?
I guess I could see the connection there.

On a related note, does anyone think if Apocalypse is CGed then they should use the voice actor from the 90's animated series to do the voice? It worked for Optimus in the Transformers films (which were poop in my book).

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #121
MakeMinesMarvel
Side-Kick

Dont like this

According to First Showing, who claim to have an insider in the know who they spoke to after the X-Men: Apocalypse announcement, Apocalypse is introduced at the end of X-Men: Days of Future Past and director Bryan Singer already cast him, but it’s not what you think. Apocalypse will become a character already in the franchise. Here’s how.

In the film universe, Apocalypse will reportedly have the power to transfer his consciousness and abilities into other mutants and possesses a key character you already know. First Showing has seen a few pages of the script from a second source that seemingly verifies this information, but they don’t reveal some of the even bigger spoilers surrounding the epic conclusion of the film and major “unbelievable” teases of the future of the franchise.

You should know by now to keep your butt planted as the credits roll for a Marvel movie and you definitely need to stick around for this. The X-Men: Days of Future Past post-credits button will – according to FS - show young Magneto in the ’70s (Michael Fassbender) living in isolation out in a desert – likely because the world is after him for thinking he assassinated president John F. Kennedy - and while out of his hut grabbing water he sees an object come crashing down from the sky and into the ground nearby. Magneto investigates and an alien described as ”towering, terrifying, with a twisted metal face and dark pits for eyes” emerges and says:

“I have crossed rivers of time to find you.”

Magneto asks the being to identify itself and it responds:

“I am your future.”

Apocalypse then possesses Magneto, resulting in a massive explosion. Magneto, now possessed and realizing his upgraded god-like powers, smiles and then it cuts out. Do we have a time-travelling super-powerful Michael Fassbender as the primary antagonist of the past and present X-Men for X-Men: Apocalypse? Sounds like it.

X Men Days of Future Past Magneto at Kennedy assassination How X Men: Days of Future Past Leads To Apocalypse

While this revelation, if true, is of course a deviation from the comics, it could be drawing elements from the Ultimate X-Men comics where Apocalypse is introduced by using Mr. Sinister – another key X-Men villain - as a host. In that iteration of the universe and character, Cable takes Professor X into the future to train him to battle Apocalypse (makes a lot of sense to have that happen with James McAvoy). They come back and team up with the X-Men and – you guessed it – the Fantastic Four to fight Apocalypse. Even Jean Grey’s Phoenix Force (see: X-Men: The Last Stand) is involved.

Also in the Ultimate universe, the time-travelling mutant known as Cable is actually an older Wolverine who’s spent much of his life battling Apocalypse. We still don’t know if Cable is going to be introduced, but with time travel stories and X-Force on the way, it’d be strange not to introduce him, since fellow time travelers Bishop (Omar Sy) is going to play a role in Days of Future Past. We’ve tossed around theories on the site here several times on how Hugh Jackman could play Cable as well as Wolverine should the creatives choose that route instead of making Cable the son of under-utilized X-Men team leader Cyclops.

We now wonder if the 2015 reboot of Fantastic Four will also tie into X-Men: Apocalypse (the timing is right) and how X-Force will factor in. Will Fox essentially run two separate timeline/dimensions side-by-side with many of the actors playing different versions of the characters in each? Will we see some fan-favorite mutants become the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Could the alternate timeline device Fox is employing be the answer to the potential ultimate multi-studio crossover years and years down the road? One step at a time.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #122
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

wat

Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #123
georgec
Not a hero

Apocalypse needs to be Apocalypse. En Sabah Nur. Not an alien possessing Magneto. Apocalypse is the first mutant. He needs to stay that way.

I hope it's not true, but if it is, "No sir, I don't like it."

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #124
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

If this is true, what is the point?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #125
krycek
Side-Kick

So basically Magneto is going to be the main villain again for the 20th time. Only difference from before is he's now being possessed.

Wow. I really hope this isn't true. Why even bother?

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote