The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #201
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Default Re: Doomsday, the main villain (physical fight)!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That's what I said "Lex and Zod over and over again."
Yea but you made it seemed like we've had Zod in every movie lol....I see what you mean though, but lex is too important to not be the main focus IMO

Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #202
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Yea but you made it seemed like we've had Zod in every movie lol....I see what you mean though, but lex is too important to not be the main focus IMO
We just need to get the more Modern Lex from the comics adapted for live action. The one main thing is that he shouldn't be the main villain but just an ever present antagonistic character that exist with in Superman's world. Lex should be though of as just a well developed character for Superman to interact with instead of just (the new villain).

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #203
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

If Doomsday is in it, they should kill Superman and make this the 'Empire' of the series. His sacrifice could unite Batman with other heroes and form the Jusitce League. Have a Mongul or Brainiac invasion be too much for the JL in the next film, until Superman is revived to save the day. Then Darkseid. My dream, anyway.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #204
sf2
Side-Kick

The killing n resurrection are kinda stupid to me.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #205
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
The killing n resurrection are kinda stupid to me.
so you want Supes to stay dead? then you only get one bit of the storyline.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #206
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

*edit

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 12-10-2013 at 12:27 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #207
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
We just need to get the more Modern Lex from the comics adapted for live action. The one main thing is that he shouldn't be the main villain but just an ever present antagonistic character that exist with in Superman's world. Lex should be though of as just a well developed character for Superman to interact with instead of just (the new villain).
Yea smash....that's what I meant, not a villain at first but a focus that shifts back and forth on him

Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #208
combocaz
Side-Kick

Kill superman when people have no clue who he is other than an alien who brought destruction to metropolis. Gee great idea lol. Martha and Lois will be the only ones shedding a tear. We all know the 2nd movie is going to be about collateral damage from MoS and superman gaining earths trust. Killing supes is going to mean nothing if people dont care for him.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #209
smallville fan
Hero

Default For the people who actually want to see Doomsday in this movie

Ok so I've been seeing around on some threads that there are a number of people that are actually ok with bringing Doomsday on this early. For me, I'm definitely in the majority who thinks it's just too soon and the coming movie should be Lex Luthor's debut as well as other superheroes coming out of the woodwork, you know the consequences of Superman's arrival in MOS.

For those who think Doomsday is a-ok this early could you tell me why? I'm interested to learn and understand from your point of view on why this is a good idea?

Off the top of my head, the reasons I could think of is that:
  • It gives Superman something to do in a movie with Batman, Wonder Woman and possibly Nightwing and The Flash.
  • A famous Superman villain who's motives is not to gain land for themselves?! Yes please!

The only person who's really convinced me that Doomsday can work early is Max Landis:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #210
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Default Re: For the people who actually want to see Doomsday in this movie

The only capacity I'd like to see Doomsday in with Batman v. Superman would be as a background cameo like if Clark or Lex are watching a holographic (Or magnetgraphic) account of Krypton's history.

Like if Lex salvages pieces of the Black Zero or Scout Ship and becomes obsessed with learning the Kryptonian language and downloading schematics for weapons. He could access a Bio Weapon file and maybe see an 8 foot holographic projection of Doomsday.

Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #211
RAE072
Samhain

Was this thread really necessary?

RAE072 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #212
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Here are my problems with Doomsday:

1: He's a non character. The only interesting thing about him is that he's the guy who killed Superman. But you can't do that story yet, at least not well, so there's really no point to him.

2: I didn't care much for the action in Man of Steel. It was mostly well shot, it had some nice effects, and they played with a few neat ideas in portraying their powers. But the action scenes ultimately went way too over the top and went on for way too long. The excitement wore off very quickly and in the end they were overwhelming and boring at the same time. Doomsday as the villain sounds to me like there will just be an escalation of the drawn out over done fight scenes, and I'd much rather see them dialed back considerably.

3: I don't see a need for a super powered villain. I don't see a need for there to be Lex as the mastermind and then have a second super powered villain to provide the action scenes. It's obvious and it's cliche and it feels like storytelling to fill a quota, and I never like to see that in movies. Don't include Doomsday because you "need" a one on one super powered fist fight in the third act, start your script from a place of narrative, craft your action scenes from a place of motivation and theme and purpose, and include characters because the story calls for them, not to check some box.

The Dark Knight is a great adaptation because it is, first and foremost, a movie. Things aren't included because they're expected to be in a Batman movie, they're included because they're what this Batman story happens to call for. It doesn't fit the standard super hero movie formula and it's better for it.

We already got a super powered threat in Man of Steel. Why not have a thoroughly human threat in it's sequel? Superman saved his adopted home from his own people, now let's see what happens when the people of his adopted home aren't so grateful. Let's see Superman face a threat he hasn't faced yet. Not one of overwhelming physical force, but one of cunning and resourcefulness. Let's see Lex Luthor as a man with wealth and political connections and the finest mind on the planet who uses those resources to make trouble for Superman. He doesn't need a super powered henchman to do it for him, he's smarter than that, and the filmmakers should be too.

Last edited by The Question; 12-10-2013 at 05:13 PM.
The Question is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #213
ImTheFlash
Side-Kick

Some people want him because he's a good reason why Supes, Bats, and WW would team up in the first place. Like why would they need to team up if they were just facing just Lex by himself, ya know? Doomsday is a physical threat and thats why some people want him, not because in the comics he killed superman and they want superman dead. I mean some probably want Doomsday to kill supes, but thats WAY to early. Unless it somehow brought the Justice League together or something but idk. It seems like quite a lot for one movie.

I personally don't want DOOMSDAY, but i do think there should be a powerful villain in there like Darkseid, Mongul or Brainiac thrown in there WITH Lex. I know people are saying "oh they need to wait for Justice League" but this is the Trinity we're talking about. In MOS supes took on 3 kryptonians with no help, and now he HAS help from Bats and WW so there should be an even more powerful threat right? But it doesn't need to be Doomsday. He would just be easy to do because it requires no acting skill and its CGI. But it doesn't necessarily even have to be a power house villain, i think Vandal Savage could maybe work, maybe. I think he would need some back up thought. It'd definately be a cool movie.

ImTheFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #214
ImTheFlash
Side-Kick

back up though*

ImTheFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #215
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheFlash View Post
Some people want him because he's a good reason why Supes, Bats, and WW would team up in the first place. Like why would they need to team up if they were just facing just Lex by himself, ya know? Doomsday is a physical threat and thats why some people want him, not because in the comics he killed superman and they want superman dead. I mean some probably want Doomsday to kill supes, but thats WAY to early. Unless it somehow brought the Justice League together or something but idk. It seems like quite a lot for one movie.

I personally don't want DOOMSDAY, but i do think there should be a powerful villain in there like Darkseid, Mongul or Brainiac thrown in there WITH Lex. I know people are saying "oh they need to wait for Justice League" but this is the Trinity we're talking about. In MOS supes took on 3 kryptonians with no help, and now he HAS help from Bats and WW so there should be an even more powerful threat right? But it doesn't need to be Doomsday. He would just be easy to do because it requires no acting skill and its CGI. But it doesn't necessarily even have to be a power house villain, i think Vandal Savage could maybe work, maybe. I think he would need some back up thought. It'd definately be a cool movie.
Could it be that WW is investigating the identities of both Clark and Bruce, before deciding to reveal herself to the world?

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #216
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: The Doomsday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
We already got a super powered threat in Man of Steel. Why not have a thoroughly human threat in it's sequel? Superman saved his adopted home from his own people, now let's see what happens when the people of his adopted home aren't so grateful. Let's see Superman face a threat he hasn't faced yet. Not one of overwhelming physical force, but one of cunning and resourcefulness. Let's see Lex Luthor as a man with wealth and political connections and the finest mind on the planet who uses those resources to make trouble for Superman. He doesn't need a super powered henchman to do it for him, he's smarter than that, and the filmmakers should be too.
Exactly. One of the things I endlessly praise MOS for is that it created the groundwork for the most complex take on Lex Luthor we've seen ever. This movie should be about him.

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #217
The Guard
Side-Kick

The reason I'd be ok with Doomsday is because it would allow Doomsday a chance to evolve as a character and concept. He need not immediately show up and kill Superman like in the comics. He could be used in multiple films.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #218
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, some people here seem to think that just because Doomsday was a mindless monster in the comics that he automatically HAS to be the same in a movie, and that's simply not the case. This is a movie, not the comics.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #219
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

That is true, but Doomsday brings baggage. It's the same as using Zod, Lex Luthor, or any other character that has a well-established history. Doomsday is known for killing Superman. I'm sure that's like a Jeopardy question or something. He is known for it, so using him means it's either going to be what everyone expects, or something totally different. Considering Doomsday's history, he'd have to be radically different, but also the same if he's truly going to be a worthy opponent who can actually kill Superman. For me it's a catch-22 that doesn't make him worth using story wise.

charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #220
sf2
Side-Kick

If they indeed use doomsday n it doesn't manage to kill superman, will the fans complain till the sky fall down???

Just wondering.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #221
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I won't...but he's not a character I would use who could kill Superman if it was actually needed. There are other ways to go if another fight to death villain is needed...at least for me.

charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #222
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Yeah, some people here seem to think that just because Doomsday was a mindless monster in the comics that he automatically HAS to be the same in a movie, and that's simply not the case. This is a movie, not the comics.
Usually it's best if they stick with the character traits from the comics.

Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #223
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Then what's the point of using him if you're just going to change a bunch of things about him? When there are other, better villains that you can use without HAVING to change a bunch of things about them just to shoehorn them into a story that's far too early for them to show up in?

RAE072 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #224
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
Then what's the point of using him if you're just going to change a bunch of things about him? When there are other, better villains that you can use without HAVING to change a bunch of things about them just to shoehorn them into a story that's far too early for them to show up in?
Bane, 2 faces, jokers in Nolan's batman r not the same fr the comic. He shoehorned them into his stories. Just saying. .

Old 12-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #225
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I won't...but he's not a character I would use who could kill Superman if it was actually needed. There are other ways to go if another fight to death villain is needed...at least for me.
me think the same.
the killing in the comic is just a badly done gimmick to boost up the comic book sale. Why follow the bad writing.

However, it's well known... 'will superman get killed?' The question alone will boost up the hype greatly. therefore it should be used...