The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #151
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,188
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Specifically crafting a FF film so that it meshes with the X-Men franchise would not do any of the things you're worried about.
In a cinematic world in which there have been over 50 identified mutants (and counting), not including Ratner's "jumpers", why would the response among the general public to a team of superpowered astronauts be anything but "meh"? In the FOX X-Verse Marvel's First Family would become "The Mildly Interesting Quartet".

Zarex is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #152
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 755
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Specifically crafting a FF film so that it meshes with the X-Men franchise would not do any of the things you're worried about.
Oh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
It's not a given that the 4 have to be accepted by the world. There are numerous ways to make the two properties work together and intertwine.
By that logic, yeah it does... Unless even worse they base this on the UFF. I think we may need to stop crying and start laughing because they're gonna look dumb when this FF movie flops in the BO for all the warnings that have been given.

R.I.P the Fantastic Four movie franchise June 2015.. 20th Century Fox accused of murder.

"If You Love Me Let Me Go"- Panic At The Disco

Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #153
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 17,398
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
In a cinematic world in which there have been over 50 identified mutants (and counting), not including Ratner's "jumpers", why would the response among the general public to a team of superpowered astronauts be anything but "meh"? In the FOX X-Verse Marvel's First Family would become "The Mildly Interesting Quartet".
Or "more of those damn dirty muties come to subjugate humanity. Let's throw bricks at them."

Which is not the FF.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #154
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,487
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yeah, they "specifically crafted" Doom and Galactus to fit into the previous films. No thanks.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #155
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,176
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
It's sad that this thread has turned into one big suck up to Marvel party. You'd think a bunch of Disney stockholders were in here.
...... sorry, but that's the most pathetic excuse for an opinion on the hype. Just because people arn't happy with FOX's go-about's with The Fantastic Four, has absolutely no barrings on their thoughts against Fox's X-men, FOX as a studio, nor does it automatically make them love Marvel/Disney.

your comment was all kinds of childish.

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #156
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,252
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I agree. Fox handling of Marvel's property, especially the F4 is one of the main reasons people want it to go back. Also not being able to use Galactus and Silver Surfer is another reason. For some one to say that, they come off as a "holier than thou" kind of thing.


Speaking of which Spideyboy, you been a boy since 2001. Almost 14 years! When are you going to become Spideyman?


Last edited by Docker2.0; 12-07-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #157
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,437
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

[QUOTE=Whiskey Tango;27366151]Or "more of those damn dirty muties come to subjugate humanity. Let's throw bricks at them."

Which is not the FF.[/QUOTE
As opposed to the MCU, where the response would be "more superpowered beings, meh what are the Avengers up to?"

Loki882 is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #158
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,437
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Oh?



By that logic, yeah it does... Unless even worse they base this on the UFF. I think we may need to stop crying and start laughing because they're gonna look dumb when this FF movie flops in the BO for all the warnings that have been given.

R.I.P the Fantastic Four movie franchise June 2015.. 20th Century Fox accused of murder.

"If You Love Me Let Me Go"- Panic At The Disco
'
No offense intended, but that kind of ludicrous hyperbolic jumping the gun sounds really ridiculous and dumb. You have ZERO idea of how this movie will go. I know that comic book fans have this pathological need to be extreme pessimists about everything and jump the gun no matter how many times they've been proven wrong in the past, but this is taking it to a hilariously absurd new extreme.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #159
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 17,398
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
As opposed to the MCU, where the response would be "Yay it's the FF, home at last! And they aren't being folded, spindled and mutilated beyond recognition just to make a quick buck!"
Fixed that for you.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #160
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,188
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

[QUOTE=Loki882;27373903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Or "more of those damn dirty muties come to subjugate humanity. Let's throw bricks at them."

Which is not the FF.[/QUOTE
As opposed to the MCU, where the response would be "more superpowered beings, meh what are the Avengers up to?"
Exactly how many superpowered humans do you think exist in the MCU? Adding four powerhouses to the existing handful would indeed be a big deal.

Zarex is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #161
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 7,565
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Marvels roster of non mutant characters is considerably smaller than the vast amount Fox has access to from the X-Men franchise. Their deal evidently gives the rights to any newer mutant characters created after that deal was made too (Angel Salvatore, Darwin in First Class, etc).

Adding the FF to that X-Men movie world? Really, it'd be no more than an accidental version of what Magneto wanted to achieve in X1: Artificially inducing mutation in humans.

As the FF would also be coming in long after mutants have been running around in that movieverse, there's not really a logical way to make them accepted celebrity heroes in the same vein of the books. They'd be considered mutated humans at best, therefore, no better than mutants at the end of the day.

Now the MCU being able to have them would simply work a lot better imo. They'd still be artificially mutated humans, but so is the Hulk, Captain America, Power Man, Daredevil etc. Given that the MCU doesn't have a vast roster of powered heroes (worth putting on film at any rate) having the FF would be more beneficial for them than for Fox, who have the whole X-Stable to play with.

Marvel having no access to mutants does also leave them with only so many options for origins for the powered up characters: Basically, radiation induced (either by accident or design), like the Hulk or Daredevil etc, or Super Soldier serums (Captain America, Sentry), Tech/cyborgs (Iron-Man, Deathlok etc), mystical or gods (Dr Strange, Thor, Captain Britain etc), or alien derived (Nova, Captain Marvel, Starbrand, etc).

Of course, I beleive the current Inhuman's push in the books is gonna be Marvel's way of getting round the 'born that way' issue, and open up the quick and easy way to having powered up characters in abundance. I would expect a good few new characters are gonna be put forward in the mainstream books in this spell (they know they aint getting the X-Men back ever, so it would make sense).

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #162
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,758
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

[QUOTE=Zarex;27374059]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post

Exactly how many superpowered humans do you think exist in the MCU? Adding four powerhouses to the existing handful would indeed be a big deal.
If you include Agents of SHIELD, its more than just a handful of superpowered beings. . . but the FF would be noteworthy additions that would be a big deal. Doesn't mean the response should be paranoia, given that they are traditionally pretty media savvy and have good PR.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #163
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,172
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

The F4 would be of the few superheroes who embrace the role of the celebrity superhero in the MCU. The only contender would be Stark, who doesn't wear his superhero identity 24/7 and isn't as independent of SHIELD, the military, and the government as the F4 would.

Saitou Hajime is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #164
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,725
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Marvels roster of non mutant characters is considerably smaller than the vast amount Fox has access to from the X-Men franchise. Their deal evidently gives the rights to any newer mutant characters created after that deal was made too (Angel Salvatore, Darwin in First Class, etc).

Adding the FF to that X-Men movie world? Really, it'd be no more than an accidental version of what Magneto wanted to achieve in X1: Artificially inducing mutation in humans.

As the FF would also be coming in long after mutants have been running around in that movieverse, there's not really a logical way to make them accepted celebrity heroes in the same vein of the books. They'd be considered mutated humans at best, therefore, no better than mutants at the end of the day.

Now the MCU being able to have them would simply work a lot better imo. They'd still be artificially mutated humans, but so is the Hulk, Captain America, Power Man, Daredevil etc. Given that the MCU doesn't have a vast roster of powered heroes (worth putting on film at any rate) having the FF would be more beneficial for them than for Fox, who have the whole X-Stable to play with.

Marvel having no access to mutants does also leave them with only so many options for origins for the powered up characters: Basically, radiation induced (either by accident or design), like the Hulk or Daredevil etc, or Super Soldier serums (Captain America, Sentry), Tech/cyborgs (Iron-Man, Deathlok etc), mystical or gods (Dr Strange, Thor, Captain Britain etc), or alien derived (Nova, Captain Marvel, Starbrand, etc).

Of course, I beleive the current Inhuman's push in the books is gonna be Marvel's way of getting round the 'born that way' issue, and open up the quick and easy way to having powered up characters in abundance. I would expect a good few new characters are gonna be put forward in the mainstream books in this spell (they know they aint getting the X-Men back ever, so it would make sense).
There are many racist that have hated blacks for years but when Micheal Jordan came around they loved him yet they still hated blacks in general. Mutant's are every day run of the mill people that you have to live with day to day. The Fantastic 4 are celebrities. It's not about powers it's how they view them a people. All people with powers are viewed as potential threats but because the The Fantastic 4 actually works with the government and is see constantly doing good in the public eye they are viewed as one of the good ones.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-08-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Smashlilman is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #165
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 755
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
'
No offense intended, but that kind of ludicrous hyperbolic jumping the gun sounds really ridiculous and dumb. You have ZERO idea of how this movie will go. I know that comic book fans have this pathological need to be extreme pessimists about everything and jump the gun no matter how many times they've been proven wrong in the past, but this is taking it to a hilariously absurd new extreme.
No offense taken as I was indeed exaggerating my comment though I sort of feel that way. Sorry. Nothing and I mean NOTHING had been announced that gives me any confidence that they respect the FF and are committed to making a great film vs all the competition around them. Period.

Dr Tactics is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #166
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,075
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
In a cinematic world in which there have been over 50 identified mutants (and counting), not including Ratner's "jumpers", why would the response among the general public to a team of superpowered astronauts be anything but "meh"? In the FOX X-Verse Marvel's First Family would become "The Mildly Interesting Quartet".
I think the difference there is that the Fantastic Four were already identified as humans, and people are aware of the fact that their powers were given to them from their mission in outer space. I think that perhaps the FF could be a lead in to humans accepting mutants, because they realize that anyone could get superpowers.

But the mutants aren't exactly that common in the Marvel Universe, they just seem to be when you are reading or watching something from that franchise. Its a small world of its own.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #167
Krystal
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 71
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

[QUOTE=Zarex;27374059]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post

Exactly how many superpowered humans do you think exist in the MCU? Adding four powerhouses to the existing handful would indeed be a big deal.
+1

Just look at when Xavier goes into cerebro and the mutants light up in red----there are literally tens of thousands of them! The X-Men movies are waaay oversaturated with mutants.

When Marvel introduced mutants in the 1960s they wisely made them a fairly rare phenomenon---a couple dozen introduced in the first decade of the comic.

When you added up the total numbers of heroes in the Marvel 1960s comic universe it was small enough that the world would be impressed when a new hero emerged. A world where there are thousands of super-powered people would be jaded to 4 more---absolutely true.

Krystal is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #168
Naji Assan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 685
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
As opposed to the MCU, where the response would be "more superpowered beings, meh what are the Avengers up to?"
This.

Naji Assan is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #169
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 368
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
As opposed to the MCU, where the response would be "more superpowered beings, meh what are the Avengers up to?"
I don't agree with this at all. If the FF are introduced as compelling characters they will totally stand on their own. If Marvel Studios produced an FF film they should not be crossing over with the Avengers for a long, long time anyway. Just acknowledge that it's all part of the same universe and move on.

I'm very interested to see how Guardians of the Galaxy pans out. This will be the MCU's first non-Avengers-centric foray. The only common element should be Thanos. But I don't want to see Cap in space. Not yet.

But why are we even arguing about the Avengers and the FF coexisting? Aren't we all comics readers? It's been that way for decades. Not only have they coexisted but they have cross pollinated. e.g. Galactus is just as much a Thor villain as he is a Fantastic Four villain. One of Thor's best runs during the Kirby/Lee saga was centered around Galactus. Even in recent times, major events (like Annihilation, Civil War, Planet Hulk/World War Hulk, etc.) have involved characters from both sides.

Whereas there's a reason there are very few crossovers between the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. They just don't gel.

Ragnaroknroll is online now  
Old 12-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #170
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,758
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

The X-Men kind of need there to be tons of mutants, because mutant isn't just an origin story for specific characters. Its a new minority, a class of people who have to deal with how they fit into society. That requires there to be enough mutants to actually *be* a minority, as opposed to a statistical rounding error on demographic charts.

Of course, it helps to remember that the majority of mutants are not world-striding demigods, or even really superhero-calibre.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #171
KnightGambit
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 241
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8


Actress Kate Mara (Who is on the shortlist for Sue Storm) was just at the Premiere for Her that her sister stars in....but now Kate who usually has long red hair has a short blonde haircut! Looks just like the classic Sue Storm look....is she our Sue Storm?!

ARTICLE - http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...-that-you.html

KnightGambit is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #172
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 12,907
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I'm all for Kate as sue she would be great.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #173
Dr. Evil
Bishop
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 35,423
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

Kate is older than all of the candidates for Reed Richards, so if they want her to marry Reed, he'd have to be the same age or older.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #174
Lobo
Paige
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 31,879
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

I love Kate, she would be a good Sue.

__________________
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And, if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever." ~Warrior

RIP Ultimate Warrior
Lobo is offline  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #175
Crimz
Side-Kick
 
Crimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 330
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 8

She is in the right age range.

Crimz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.