The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #901
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
You hit the nail on the head....

Whatever mode of Wondy is presented then it has to be something make sense for the audience.

It can't just be all or nothing in this sense.
I worry about *any* characterisation at all for Wonder Woman, since she is a supporting player here and there might not be enough time!

Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #902
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
I worry about *any* characterisation at all for Wonder Woman, since she is a supporting player here and there might not be enough time!
tbh...I don't really care about Wondy. I don't want her to intrude on Lois and Supes, so I'm very ambivalent.

I can't really say on the best way to introduce her. In my heart I think it's as an adversary.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #903
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
tbh...I don't really care about Wondy. I don't want her to intrude on Lois and Supes, so I'm very ambivalent.

I can't really say on the best way to introduce her. In my heart I think it's as an adversary.
Who knows, the focus might just be on her action scenes anyway. She might just come in and fight, buildings collapse etc. The end.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #904
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

For me there is a difference if you introduce D. Prince instead of Wondy. Diana is all about trying to hide...like Supes in MOS, but if they intro Wondy then I have to wonder what sort of role she will play.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #905
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
For me there is a difference if you introduce D. Prince instead of Wondy. Diana is all about trying to hide...like Supes in MOS, but if they intro Wondy then I have to wonder what sort of role she will play.
Yes. And again, there doesn't look to be time to explore the journey of both Diana and WW extensively. Though you may be right, she could initially come into this world and consider everyone an enemy especially if it's something like the outside world posing a threat to the safety of Themyscira. Even Superman.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #906
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Okay....so the question is how will Snyder show Wondy's intro? Also add in that Flash is rumored to be appearing. How will he introduce Wondy in this new world?

Old 12-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #907
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay....so the question is how will Snyder show Wondy's intro? Also add in that Flash is rumored to be appearing. How will he introduce Wondy in this new world?
Well, there was talk of Diana being undercover...but what if Diana leaves the island because, as speculated here before, Themyscira is under threat? The actions from MOS had a worldwide effect...and there was speculation of Lex Luthor turning people against Superman because he is an alien...Turning Superman into the "enemy" or looking like the enemy might be a reason both Batman and Wonder Woman initially go against him. So that would provide some fight scenes between them. And Wonder Woman would be a physical match for him. Who knows, I'm curious what Goyer and Synder have in mind as well.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #908
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

WOW......I gotta think about that. Seriously.

I want to see a story for Wondy...not just a gimmick, or easter egg. That's all I can say.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #909
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
WOW......I gotta think about that. Seriously.

I want to see a story for Wondy...not just a gimmick, or easter egg. That's all I can say.
Well at the end of the day, it's really going to depend on who's story the film is primarily following and whether this film is still about Superman's journey or if it's a group journey.

I remember hearing Goyer saying on how he likes to use the DC universe and its characters as much as possible for his films whenever the situation allows it in regards to there being a specific role within a film that he can find someone from the DC lore to fill as opposed to creating a original character for that role.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #910
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well at the end of the day, it's really going to depend on who's story the film is primarily following and whether this film is still about Superman's journey or if it's a group journey.

I remember hearing Goyer saying on how he likes to use the DC universe and its characters as much as possible for his films whenever the situation allows it in regards to there being a specific role within a film that he can find someone from the DC lore to fill as opposed to creating a original character for that role.
What gives me hope is Affleck's involvement. The guy really turned his career around for the better, and he risks undoing some of that by taking on this role. Yet, he decided to do so anyway because he felt that what Snyder is doing will be "incredible".

Old 12-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #911
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
What gives me hope is Affleck's involvement.
How does that give you hope?

Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #912
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
How does that give you hope?
See the rest of my post.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #913
super85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Well they say so now. But when it released, it did not have big impact on general culture. So much so that when TDKR started spouting conclusion of a trilogy in its ad campaign, many people were like when did the second one come out?

I think BB might be poplar with the IMDB types and comic book fan following but for the general audiences it is just another movie or atleast was until its reputation was forcefully re-calibrated.

And regarding reviews, it has just 63% on RT from Top critics, basically one more negative review and it would be rotten. I personally think it is a horribly dull film.
Da Champion posted a pretty good list on how the reviews where for that. It has very good reviews for a comicbook film, even if the TDK obviously is more popular.

For me personally, as a film fan , and obviously also a big Batman fan, I think Batman Begins is among the very best comic book films ever done.

I don't think I have managed to watch any of the previous pre-Nolan Batman films after BB, becouse I just don't think they hold up. And this doesn't mean that I think the Nolan trilogy was perfect. I just prefer the Nolan Trilogy and Batman66 before the Burton and Schumacher efforts.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #914
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
See the rest of my post.
Roger that.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #915
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
Decided to do a quick manip of Gadot as Wonder Woman, help convince myself she's a good casting. And i gotta say, she ain't too shabby. Credit JMC for the inspiration on the suit itself, and i did use the tiara from one of his Smulder designs. If anyone wants a Justice League War influenced design i can work on it. I was undecided whether to go w/ gold or silver, kelp the classic gold. But i can change it to silver if anyone wants, Enjoy!

I will say this, w/ the gym jones training she could definitely pull off a believable Wonder Woman. Hopefully Gadot will pull this off. If she doesn't... Well no Wonder Woman movies for awhile..
She looks great there in the costume. I think that kind of costume could look good on film. I'd like a more traditional tiara though.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #916
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

reaction to her casting
She may be kinda skinny for WW at this time but right now her facial beauty is unmatched.

... Batman !!!

Last edited by Ultra Nolanite; 12-09-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #917
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

You men are so easily impressed.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #918
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I'd prefer Wonder Woman not have a fight scene against Superman or Batman in this one. Give her a fight against an army of Brainiac drones or something while our two heroes have their little spat.

I say you have her be a mysterious woman who advises both of them to put aside their differences and join forces because "Darkness is coming." Have both Clark and Bruce deduce there's something off about her, then have one or both of them (or mostly Bruce and Lois) dig up information on Capt. Trevor's report after it was highly classified by the military.

Then have her slowly walk away in whatever cloak she's wearing, strip it off to show the armor, then take out something huge. End with her revealing the oracle on Themiscyra foretold Earth would require champions, including "the last son of a dead world," and "a sad prince keeping watch on his city." Include a tease about the Flash, and boom, Justice League is built up as one of the next films.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #919
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

I recently tweeked a design I made months ago and after Gal's casting I realized it looked a lot like her.

:o
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #920
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
She may be kinda skinny for WW at this time but right now her facial beauty is unmatched.
Meh.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #921
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
Decided to do a quick manip of Gadot as Wonder Woman, help convince myself she's a good casting. And i gotta say, she ain't too shabby. Credit JMC for the inspiration on the suit itself, and i did use the tiara from one of his Smulder designs. If anyone wants a Justice League War influenced design i can work on it. I was undecided whether to go w/ gold or silver, kelp the classic gold. But i can change it to silver if anyone wants, Enjoy!

Yes I was just going to ask for this. I think it's the best WW costume, I'd love to see what Gadot looks like in it. Great job btw.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #922
SofNascimento
Banned User

Quote:
You men are so easily impressed.
Otherwise there would be no human race, no?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #923
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
End with her revealing the oracle on Themiscyra foretold Earth would require champions, including "the last son of a dead world," and "a sad prince keeping watch on his city." Include a tease about the Flash, and boom, Justice League is built up as one of the next films.
I'm curious to see how the movie will handle the magic/supernatural aspects associated with Wonder Woman. Is there even time to explain it...Or will Snyder/Goyer go in another direction...

Old 12-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #924
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

FeedOnATreeFrog contributed a pretty cool pic in the manip thread:

Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #925
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Interesting.

Closed Thread