The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #926
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
I'm curious to see how the movie will handle the magic/supernatural aspects associated with Wonder Woman. Is there even time to explain it...Or will Snyder/Goyer go in another direction...
I figure you could reveal that the supernatural does exist in the MOS world, but it's kind of locked away and contained. They could make it so there really is a "world of man," but where guys like the Spectre, Vandal Savage, and even Ra's Al Ghul have been hidden for centuries. Cue something about Superman's appearance destabilizing the balance and we've got a fight on our hands.

DC should embrace their magic world to differentiate from Marvel. And as long as they keep the same system in the comics, where its ambiguous just how powerful the Greek Gods are compared to the Guardians compared to the Sectre at full power, it could work.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #927
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I figure you could reveal that the supernatural does exist in the MOS world, but it's kind of locked away and contained. They could make it so there really is a "world of man," but where guys like the Spectre, Vandal Savage, and even Ra's Al Ghul have been hidden for centuries. Cue something about Superman's appearance destabilizing the balance and we've got a fight on our hands.

DC should embrace their magic world to differentiate from Marvel. And as long as they keep the same system in the comics, where its ambiguous just how powerful the Greek Gods are compared to the Guardians compared to the Sectre at full power, it could work.
agreed…one of the issues Marvel may/already run into in the whole magic/science thing is what happens when it's time to do Dr Strange or any other the other supernatural characters.

If DC just has magic in their cinematic universe it doesn't require any story gymnastics when it's time to intro Shazam or Dr Fate.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #928
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Bring in Zatanna and have Paul Dini write the screenplay for it.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #929
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I don't think you need a big long explanation for magic in this movie. People generally have a pretty good concept of what magic (in fantasy) is these days after years of LOTR and Harry Potter films.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #930
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I don't see how Marvel will run into any issue with Dr. Strange.

They already have Loki illusions and Hammers that can only be lifted by one who is 'worthy'.

That is magic. Just because the Asgardians understand it (and thus they call it science), it doesn't mean it's not magic to us. Any bizarre phenomenon that we don't yet understand or know how to measure is what we call magic.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 12-09-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #931
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I don't see how Marvel will run into any issue with Dr. Strange.

They already have Loki trickery and Hammers that can only be lifted by one who is 'worthy'.
Which was part of extra dimensional alien science…as was everything else in the Thor movies.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #932
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I admittedly don't know much about Wonder Woman as a character, but the 'ideal' models for me from a characterization standpoint for her portrayal here are Buffy Summers and Kira Nerys. Using outdated and totally archaic character traits would, IMO, sink the character faster than a stone.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #933
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

It's funny, but this image makes it hard for me to see any other gal (pun intended) for the role

Old 12-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #934
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Cav-El, WonderGal, and Batfleck

Old 12-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #935
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I think it's funny how she's the only one smiling.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #936
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I admittedly don't know much about Wonder Woman as a character, but the 'ideal' models for me from a characterization standpoint for her portrayal here are Buffy Summers and Kira Nerys. Using outdated and totally archaic character traits would, IMO, sink the character faster than a stone.
Wouldn't that just miss the entire point...?

Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #937
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ What are you trying to get at with that comment?

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 12-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #938
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I think if they go more realistic in the movie she wouldn't know enough about men to go against them, or to be "preachy" about feminism, just that living without men was her reality for a long time. I think it's more about living in a strange and isolated society of women that makes her more eccentric and that's where that "fish out of water" comes in. She would be more "shellshocked" being in the outside world rather than talking like an undergrad about gender issues. As smart and strong as she is in her own world, it's kind of scary world she is stepping into, like a 'Tarzan out of the jungle' scenario. But instead of laws of the jungle, it's the about what Themyscira is like and what she is used to. And it depends on how they portray Themyscira as well (if at all.)

And in the 70s show it was portrayed that Diana was curious about the outside world because of Steve Trevor and the feelings she had for him (though the focus on that kind of went away as the show went on.)
Quote:
I think we have to be careful not to project all these savvy modern traits onto a character who has essentially been cut off from the modern world to be that way. We saw a very extreme man-hating kind of WW in Frank Miller's version and there was something off-putting and one-dimensional about that. I think the focus should not be on hating men but rather her more positive attitude towards other women and feeling the need to help them. And defending what she feels is right.
Perfect Willi. Absolutely perfect.

That's the type of Wonder Woman I'd like to see. Not UC Berkeley Wonder Woman.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #939
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

It's funny, but this image makes it hard for me to see any other gal (pun intended) for the role
I wish lovers and haters just keep quite till we actually get real pics of Wonderwoman and Batman

Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #940
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
Yes I was just going to ask for this. I think it's the best WW costume, I'd love to see what Gadot looks like in it. Great job btw.
ok yeah...waaaay too skinny.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #941
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
I wish lovers and haters just keep quite till we actually get real pics of Wonderwoman and Batman
The same with Batfleck. I am just talking about the VISUALS. The performances could still be terrible.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #942
ChrisB
Batman News

I watched some of the behind-the-scenes footage on the Man of Steel Blu-ray last night. They had a segment about all the training the cast had to go through. If Zack Snyder wants his Wonder Woman to be bigger and more muscular, Gal Gadot will definitely be hitting the gym! He puts his actors through really tough workouts.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #943
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

I want a Wonder Woman who has been in the world for years and already has an established cover identity.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #944
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
I watched some of the behind-the-scenes footage on the Man of Steel Blu-ray last night. They had a segment about all the training the cast had to go through. If Zack Snyder wants his Wonder Woman to be bigger and more muscular, Gal Gadot will definitely be hitting the gym! He puts his actors through really tough workouts.
Yeah it's frightening.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #945
Kalel_Angel
Side-Kick

I made this manip (such as deviant art), to try on the Gal parrures Wonder Woman, and I think with this haircut, it really is Wonder Woman (when she's too smooth hair, it does not work, Wonder Woman has voluminous hair):

Old 12-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #946
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
...And then not until we see the movie...and then not until we see the sequel...and then not until we see the sequel after that.

lol. I actually agree, but hey, on a discussion board, you've gotta discuss something.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #947
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
I want a Wonder Woman who has been in the world for years and already has an established cover identity.
Me too.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #948
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel_Angel View Post
I made this manip (such as deviant art), to try on the Gal parrures Wonder Woman, and I think with this haircut, it really is Wonder Woman (when she's too smooth hair, it does not work, Wonder Woman has voluminous hair):

Make more.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #949
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel_Angel View Post

That's f'n amazing.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #950
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

Batman has nice bewbs

Closed Thread