The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 12-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #151
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post

But then, Singer was the producer on that overrated turd "First Class"
This makes me sad....

Old 12-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #152
JDym
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer ‏@BryanSinger 9m
#Apocalypse is not an alien. #XMenApocalypse

http://www.twitter.com/jarwatchesfilms
JDym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #153
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
This makes me sad....
I know, I'm in a pretty small minority on that one
But I just really, really f***ing hated that movie
terrible acting (except mcavoy and fassbender), uninteresting characters, fake-period-feeling, cheese-filled villainy
I've posted many a tirade about it, so I won't get into it again...

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #154
Dasher10
Side-Kick

So I'm hearing that Apocalypse is going to use the First Class cast ONLY. Worst news of the day.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #155
def28
Side-Kick

The roster is not announced. Chill.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #156
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
So I'm hearing that Apocalypse is going to use the First Class cast ONLY. Worst news of the day.
You have to be prepared for chance the trilogy cast will be done with Days of future past.

Vulture got details first on DOFP so they could be right on money.

And all they reported on for APocalypse Is Bryan Singer directing and using FC cast.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #157
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

I hate the FC cast and characters, Apocalypse is way, way too important a villain to be tagged with the B-Team.

My interest level for this movie went from a 10/10 to a 2.5.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #158
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
I hate the FC cast and characters, Apocalypse is way, way too important a villain to be tagged with the B-Team.
That B be team could include: Magneto, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Gambit, Beast, Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool etc.

I highly doubt this will be a weak roster of any sorts. Singer is not gonna try to underwhelm by using one of X-Mens greatest villain with a bad selection of characters.

Last edited by def28; 12-09-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #159
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
That B be team could include: Magneto, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Gambit, Beast, Wolverine, Cable, Deadpool etc.

I highly doubt this will be a weak roster of any sorts. Singer is not gonna try to underwhelm by using one of X-Mens greatest villain with a bad selection of characters.
Yeah, but I also want to see Rogue, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Angel, Yukio, Colossus and Iceman return. Now it looks like those characters never will due to continuity issues. If it's only going to be First Class going forward with a film set in the 80s and Fantastic Four is also an 80s period piece, I'll admit that I'll be kind of annoyed.

I mean, some characters like Fantomex, Domino and Chamber have designs rooted in the 90s or later. I'm not sure how they'll work in the 80s. Even among the villains, how will Pyro, Juggernaut, Lady Deathstrike, Toad and Callisto still exist, to say nothing of the botched versions of Psyloke and Multiple Man who will never get alternate future counterparts? The only good that I can see coming of this is if the old Jim Lee costumes can return, even if it won't be for the entire cast.

Last edited by Dasher10; 12-09-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #160
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

COntunity Issues may no longer be a problem after DOFP.

You may see Rogue,Kitty,and Iceman may return In future.But they will be played by different actors.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #161
def28
Side-Kick

Possibly in 10 years. But they will more then likely be played by Ashmore and Paquin, because there is no reason to re cast in the future timeline.
Quote:
Yeah, but I also want to see Rogue, Shadocat and Iceman return. Now it looks like those characters never will due to continuity issues.
Can't make everyone happy by using every character. At least you have 2-4 movies with them. My favorites (minus Wolverine) either havn't been introduced, or have been in one flick.

....and again no roster is announced. So who knows. I can almost guarantee it will be a high profile mix of characters.

Last edited by def28; 12-09-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #162
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Possibly in 10 years. But they will more then likely be played by Ashmore and Paquin, because there is no reason to re cast in the future timeline.

Can't make everyone happy by using every character. At least you have 2-4 movies with them. My favorites (minus Wolverine) either havn't been introduced, or have been in one flick.

....and again no roster is announced. So who knows. I can almost guarantee it will be a high profile mix of characters.

If time travel is used again to bring some members from the original timeline to the past or some films are still set in the present, I can see some redemption here. I mostly just want to see some way that Rogue and Gambit can coexist in the same film. Is that really too much to ask? Not every character has to be used in every film but just knowing that they exist is good enough for me.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #163
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
COntunity Issues may no longer be a problem after DOFP.

You may see Rogue,Kitty,and Iceman may return In future.But they will be played by different actors.

So they exist looking completely different, played by different people but they were born earlier and have the same personality? That's still a continuity problem.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #164
Dasher10
Side-Kick

All hope is not lost! http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/...the-same-cast/

Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #165
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is that really too much to ask?
Could be. Rogue hasn't really even fought somebody in this series yet, they have to find away for them to meet that would be plausible.
Quote:
Not every character has to be used in every film but just knowing that they exist is good enough for me.
They do exist, ALt timeline or not. They just might not be featured in every movie.

Quote:
I mean, some characters like Fantomex, Domino and Chamber have designs rooted in the 90s or later.
Shouldn't be an issue. These films don't follow the books for the sake of when they are introduced.

Last edited by def28; 12-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #166
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I am really glad Singer debunked the rumour about Apoc being an alien, that is a relief, but I also want him to de-bunk another thing in the supposed after credits scene in DOFP Apocalypse possessing Magneto, or anyone for that matter.

If we are finally getting Apoc, I want to see HIM throughout the movie, not just him in other peoples bodies which would be underwhelming to say the least.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #167
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I am really glad Singer debunked the rumour about Apoc being an alien, that is a relief, but I also want him to de-bunk another thing in the supposed after credits scene in DOFP Apocalypse possessing Magneto, or anyone for that matter.

If we are finally getting Apoc, I want to see HIM throughout the movie, not just him in other peoples bodies which would be underwhelming to say the least.
I'm sure the possession is just a starting point for the character in the film. An hour in we should get the true Apocalypse.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #168
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
I'm sure the possession is just a starting point for the character in the film. An hour in we should get the true Apocalypse.
I certainly hope so, although I want to see him for more than an hour as well, he should have a physical form throughout most of the movie for me.

I trust Singer though, he hasnt let me down with a CBM yet so while hope we see a lot of Apoc, I am sure it will be fine in the end.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #169
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Would be worst if its true.

The way I see it is Fox is definitely bringing back the OT cast to get more attention and yet they are sidelining them so people would get invested with new cast.
Quote:

That is still a weak roster knowing the fact that these are just the younger/second version of the characters (minus Cable) we already saw before

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #170
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Would be worst if its true.

I did post a link saying that Fox is looking at all of the current cast. I wholeheartedly approve if they are. Cable is a time traveler. Not using both casts in Apocalypse isn't really utilizing him in the right way.

Last edited by Dasher10; 12-09-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #171
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

That link better be true.

And as I said before its better for Fox to use the DOFP cast again (not just the OT cast) for the follow-up to Apocalypse. But if 1 cast has to go, it has to be the FC cast because they are set in the past and their film was less successful than any of the films that featured the OT cast.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #172
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
But if 1 cast has to go, it has to be the FC cast because they are set in the past and their film was less successful than any of the films that featured the OT cast.
So once confirmation hits that the OT cast is done are you going to stop watching X-Men movies?

No.

The characters are timeless. they are iconic. Casts come and go, people get old and retire. This anti-younger cast mentality you have is ruining the present X franchise for you which is arguably better than the trilogy from a decade ago.

You'll always have those first three films (and 30 minutes in Days of Future Past) to remember the OT cast. There's no need to bash the younger cast because they're taking over and deprive yourself of coming X films that already sound superior to those you saw ten years ago.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #173
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I didn't stop watching X-Men movies when most of the OT cast took the back seat in 2006 after TLS was released. And that will not change even if Fox made wrong choices in the future.

Casts come and go but its not happening anytime soon especially most of the excitement for DOFP is coming from the OT cast.

And I don't have an anti-younger cast mentality, I don't want Fox to move forward with FC cast not because they're young and cute, but its because of the underwhelming box-office that First Class got back in 2011. And if I have an anti-younger mentality, then what do you say about your anti-older cast mentality?

And saying one cast is less appealing is not bashing. I'm not attacking them personally.

And there's no guarantee that upcoming X-films will be superior to the X-Films we saw 10 years ago especially when they have Simon Kinberg on board for more X-films and Jeff Wadlow on X-Force. Both writers have poor track record. They only sound superior because as if writers/directors/people are who involved would say bad things to their upcoming projects.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 12-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #174
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
So once confirmation hits that the OT cast is done are you going to stop watching X-Men movies?

No.

The characters are timeless. they are iconic. Casts come and go, people get old and retire. This anti-younger cast mentality you have is ruining the present X franchise for you which is arguably better than the trilogy from a decade ago.

You'll always have those first three films (and 30 minutes in Days of Future Past) to remember the OT cast. There's no need to bash the younger cast because they're taking over and deprive yourself of coming X films that already sound superior to those you saw ten years ago.
Yup. Agreed 100%.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #175
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
most of the excitement for DOFP is coming from the OT cast.
In your head maybe.

Quote:
what do you say about your anti-older cast mentality?
I love the OT cast, but they're old. Xavier and Magneto shouldn't look 80 (aged 90 in the films). Jean Grey shouldn't be 50. Storm shouldn't be 50. Cyclops shouldn't be dead. With the younger cast we get James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto. That is just awesome. We get the possibility of a young Jean, a young Storm and a young Cyclops who's alive.

Quote:
And saying one cast is less appealing is not bashing. I'm not attacking them personally.
Over in the news and discussion thread you said Lawrence peaked with Hunger Games. She's not even 30. You clearly don't like her or anyone who threatens to replace members of the OT cast.

Quote:
And there's no guarantee that upcoming X-films will be superior to the X-Films we saw 10 years ago especially when they have Simon Kinberg on board for more X-films and Jeff Wadlow on X-Force. Both writers have poor track record. They only sound superior because as if writers/directors/people are who involved would say bad things to their upcoming projects.
Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse and X-Force sound better to me than anything the franchise gave me in its first ten years.

I loved the trilogy despite its unambitious approach towards adapting the books but I am more than ready for a closer-to-the-comics franchise that takes risks. Your obsession with the OT cast is ruining this rejuvenated/more ambitious franchise for you.