The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 12-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #176
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
In your head maybe.
Thats not only in my head but in the head of a couple of members here. Even Forbes wrote an article about the return of the original cast and compare it to the return of the original cast of Fast and the Furious.

Quote:
I love the OT cast, but they're old. Xavier and Magneto shouldn't look 80 (aged 90 in the films). Jean Grey shouldn't be 50. Storm shouldn't be 50. Cyclops shouldn't be dead. With the younger cast we get James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto. That is just awesome. We get the possibility of a young Jean, a young Storm and a young Cyclops who's alive.
See, this is all about their age for you The cast still looks good for their age.

Quote:
Over in the news and discussion thread you said Lawrence peaked with Hunger Games. She's not even 30. You clearly don't like her or anyone who threatens to replace members of the OT cast.
I really liked the Hunger Games movies and mostly because of her performance.

Quote:
Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse and X-Force sound better to me than anything the franchise gave me in its first ten years.
Days of Future Past and Apocalypse will probably feature the original cast and will feature more threatening villains. Its premise definitely sound better than the first six films, but only time can tell whether they're good. And as for X-Force, it will probably be the most interesting spinoff but its not gonna sell more than a X-Men film or a Wolverine film

Quote:
I loved the trilogy despite its unambitious approach towards adapting the books but I am more than ready for a closer-to-the-comics franchise that takes risks. Your obsession with the OT cast is ruining this rejuvenated/more ambitious franchise for you.
Who says they can't have a closer to the comics approach with the OT cast? In fact, First Class was only close to the comics in-spirit but the history of the characters not at all. Moving with a 30 something professor X and a 30 something Magneto doesn't feel like the comics at all.

And I have my reasons for my OT cast obsession and its good reasons - bigger box-office revenue and they are the foundation of this series.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #177
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Halle Berry may be 50, but damn, she's still smoking hot. She will continue to play Storm as long as she wants to.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #178
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Unless I'm wrong about the Fast franchise, the choice to do a film without Walker, Diesel, et all was deliberate, especially since most if not all of the cast members from said film appeared in subsequent movies.

With the X-franchise, the PTBs have said they want to move forward with both the FC and OT casts, so all this arguing over which cast has more 'staying power'/'drawing power' is supremely stupid and pointless.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #179
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If you're fine with the franchise going back and forth in the past and present, then good for you.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #180
Dasher10
Side-Kick

What if we get some movies set in the past and others in the present? I mean, it's not like Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore, Anna Paquin and Ellen Page are too old to still do physically demanding roles to say nothing of introducing Bishop, Blink, Warpath and Sunspot only to never touch them again. Odds are that Apocalypse won't be finished off in one film alone and we'll still see present day stories. Keep in mind that the Deadpool script was set in the present and had Colossus in it while the Fantastic Four can't have access to all of this advanced technology in the 70s.

Last edited by Dasher10; 12-10-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #181
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
What if we get some movies set in the past and others in the present?
That could be too much for the mainstream viewers. Following a set of movies with just 1 cast is easier for people who aren't big fans of the X-Men, well it worked for the original trilogy and they got more money with each new film.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #182
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

We're talking about a series set in a school of super-powered students and teachers, and people are worried the teachers are getting too old. I don't get it.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #183
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Hey at least some people are coming around
the FC cast sucked all sorts of d****

And saying the FC roster for the next film could include Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Deadpool, Cable, and Gambit is some serious wishful thinking
You'll be lucky to get two of those characters thrown in
instead it'll probably be more d-listers, we haven't seen Sage, or Glob Herman, or Armor, or Doop yet, so they'll probably join the team.

Actually, wait, scratch that last one. I would love to watch an X-Men movie staring Doop.

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #184
Loki882
Side-Kick

Your making an awful lot of assumptions there, and they don't sound all that credible.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #185
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I really think one of the several reasons that First Class underperformed was people being underwhelmed by The Last Stand and XO: Wolverine. I think a lot of mainstream fans were just kind of "over" X-Men at that point. Even as a big X-Men fan, I wasn't excited for FC and went in with low expectations. I basically saw it out of obligation.

And I loved it.

I think that word of mouth from FC, as well as the nostalgia factor of having the original cast back and the increased star power of Fassbender and especially Lawrence, will do big things for DOFP. How all of these factors will lead into X-Men: Apocalypse is still in the air.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #186
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Your making an awful lot of assumptions there, and they don't sound all that credible.
pssh, you don't sound credible.

lol, kidding obv
I was basing my statement on those who seem certain that every one of their favorite x-men will magically be worked into the sequel to this

once again, hyperbole to make my point- that it's all wishful thinking at the moment

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #187
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
You'll be lucky to get two of those characters thrown in
instead it'll probably be more d-listers, we haven't seen Sage, or Glob Herman, or Armor, or Doop yet, so they'll probably join the team.
IM all for Sage. But Yeah, Im sure the first thing they thought of with Apocaylpse was Glob and Doop gotta go against this blue epic mother****er hahaha.

Most the FC crew are gone or dead, except for Beast, Prof X, Wolverine and Havok. They wont add a new roster for X-Men to go up against one of their greatest villains and have it be a bunch of no namers. If they do, then yeah of course thats gonna suck and be a dissapointment.
Quote:
I was basing my statement on those who seem certain that every one of their favorite x-men will magically be worked into the sequel to this
Who's saying its certain they all are? More like showing that theres other options and alot of good characrers who could be added as an argument agaist those OT whiners who think popular characters are not possible without them. Not that every great character is going to magically be on that team if the OT are not involved.

We know at a certain point characters like Scott, Jean and Ororo join the X-Men, its not insane to think Singer would want to show that if their future characters have no role in the story.

Last edited by def28; 12-10-2013 at 05:35 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #188
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
What if we get some movies set in the past and others in the present? I mean, it's not like Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore, Anna Paquin and Ellen Page are too old to still do physically demanding roles to say nothing of introducing Bishop, Blink, Warpath and Sunspot only to never touch them again. Odds are that Apocalypse won't be finished off in one film alone and we'll still see present day stories. Keep in mind that the Deadpool script was set in the present and had Colossus in it while the Fantastic Four can't have access to all of this advanced technology in the 70s.
The problem is that this series has a history of dumping characters after just one appearance. Juggernaut, Gambit, Multiple Man, Emma Frost, Banshee, Blob, Callisto, Psylocke. The same fate might befall Bishop, Blink and Warpath.

But I hope they are learning to keep these other characters around a little longer (and do them properly, in some cases, lol)

Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #189
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Was Psylocke ever even referred to by name? I mean, I know there was an Asian girl who displayed none of Psylocke's powers, but I think she had the hair and facial mark Psylocke had. Since her powers weren't the same, and the name was never said, I say we can pretend that "Psylocke" never happened.

Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #190
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

She was only named Psylocke specifically by Ratner on the DVD commentary but she was never called that in the movie itself.

Either way, I personally don't think it's going to be an issue after DOFP so who cares? lol

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #191
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Either way, I personally don't think it's going to be an issue after DOFP so who cares? lol
Yup, pretty much.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #192
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
She was only named Psylocke specifically by Ratner on the DVD commentary but she was never called that in the movie itself.

She was credited as Psylocke but never named in the movie. So, yep, she could easily be 'rebooted' and, as you say, it won't matter diddly squat after DoFP.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #193
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I really dont see a problem with Apocalypse focusing on the FC cast. As other have said FC under-performed because of the reaction to the previous two movies and even then the movie still did pretty well.

After DOFP, were the FC are the main focus, I think people will be more accepting of them being the focus for an entire movie, not to mention the stars of McAvoy, Fassbender and especially Lawrence have continued to rise in the meantime.

Plus as other mentioned we may get to see young Cyclops, Jean and Storm.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #194
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

Actually, wait, scratch that last one. I would love to watch an X-Men movie staring Doop.
I'm hoping it will be Polaris, Husk and Sunfire.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #195
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Something just hit me. If DOFP is traveling to the past to save the future, what if Apocalypse is traveling to the future to save the past?

Like if Onslaught is running around destroying things in the 70s, then heading to the future where Apocalypse hasn't traveled back in time to merge with Magneto yet actually makes a lot of sense. What would a time displaced Gambit, Quicksilver, Polaris and Havok have in common? Here's a hint, it's a team, and having that team form from the past X-Men from the 70s minus Wolverine, Xavier and Beast would be pretty cool to see.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #196
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Something just hit me. If DOFP is traveling to the past to save the future, what if Apocalypse is traveling to the future to save the past?

Like if Onslaught is running around destroying things in the 70s, then heading to the future where Apocalypse hasn't traveled back in time to merge with Magneto yet actually makes a lot of sense. What would a time displaced Gambit, Quicksilver, Polaris and Havok have in common? Here's a hint, it's a team, and having that team form from the past X-Men from the 70s minus Wolverine, Xavier and Beast would be pretty cool to see.
Who said anything about onslaught? Even by time travel standards, going to the future to save the past sounds kind of dumb.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #197
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I don't understand why people are saying that a young X-men team wouldn't fair well against Apocalypse? They did fine in X-Men Evo not to mention the XTAS team barely was a match for him.

I predict this film will be set in the 80s/90s, hopefully w/young Scott, Jean, Storm, Gambit (as a spy) + Beast, just think of the fights we would get with these 4 vs his Horseman, if Singer uses Sinister, Magneto, Mystique, & Gambit (?). This should make for an epic conclusion to the FC trilogy

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #198
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Sure, the younger version of Prof X, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Cyclops, Storm, Jean and Wolverine could face off Apocalypse but the older cast (who have fought more villains/events in this movie series) just looks more experienced than the First Class cast/the younger version.

And in Evolution/TAS, the X-Men weren't exactly amateurs and inexperienced, they already fought with a lot of villains/mutants before they fought Apocalypse.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #199
kasjan
Side-Kick

It was Psylocke, looked like, had a hiding in shadows power like Psycloke, didn't show other powers, but it was Psylocke. In new timeline she should work for X-Force.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #200
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I don't understand why people are saying that a young X-men team wouldn't fair well against Apocalypse? They did fine in X-Men Evo not to mention the XTAS team barely was a match for him.

I predict this film will be set in the 80s/90s, hopefully w/young Scott, Jean, Storm, Gambit (as a spy) + Beast, just think of the fights we would get with these 4 vs his Horseman, if Singer uses Sinister, Magneto, Mystique, & Gambit (?). This should make for an epic conclusion to the FC trilogy
That would be a pretty sick quartet to be honest. My concern is how young do they go with the core X-Men. Gambit was around 18-19 in Origins which is speculated to occur anywhere from 79-85. For convenience, let's say 1985. That means you have to age Fassebender and McAvoy another 12-15 years. If the movie is 1990, that means Scott is in his early 20's. Jean around the same. Gambit is mid 20's. Sinister and Mystque are whatever. Beast is late 40's, so I don't know how Hoult is gonna pull that off, unless they go blue makeup throughout.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote