The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #951
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 8

Did Mr. Jones fight a giant Clay monster or a crazy clown? Did Mr. Jones save an entire city from Supervillians? Batman is pure fantasy, there are no real Superheroes and there never will be.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #952
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Phoenix Jones has done some Batman-esque stuff and never died. This is probably because, in reality a hero stumbling across crime to fight doesn't happen very much. This is why I always liked the idea of Batman as an investigator more. He doesn't just happen to stumble onto crime, he seeks it out to fight it. Anyway, point is that in reality Batman could go out every night of the week and not die simply because he wouldn't actually be truly fighting crime most nights due to not finding any.

And if you want to consider the dangers of investigative crime-fighting, consider: police do sometimes die on the job but plenty survive investigating crime. Even if Batman sought out the crime to fight, in reality there's a reasonable chance that he'd be able to survive it for quite some time. A well-trained person could most likely survive AT LEAST a couple of nights of investigative vigilante work.

You have a very different conception of Batman than I do. Apart from his trusted allies like Gordon or the superheroes, my Batman doesn't interact with people.

My
Batman is too busy punching crime.
Jones is usually fighting drunk or high people.

Batman is fighting ninjas and superhuman freaks.

Batman is ultimately a paradox, because for a human to have such mastery of detection, escaping, logic, martial arts, driving, weapons training, theory and extrapolation and strategy they would have to have the equivelent of about 10 PHD's and 50 years of training physically across the various styles of martial arts.

The paradox being that by the time the human being has actually aqcquired these skills the body would not be able to perform them.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #953
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Did Mr. Jones fight a giant Clay monster or a crazy clown? Did Mr. Jones save an entire city from Supervillians? Batman is pure fantasy, there are no real Superheroes and there never will be.
So, who says?

We thought the earth was the center of the universe. We couldn't conceive the idea of dark matter. Some think they is a guy who can walk on water and do good deeds for no reason.

Pretty sure, superheroes/villains could perfectly come about at some point. Who knows where things go...

Hell, I'd love for an alien race to show up just to piss off the religious folk and other close-minded people.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 12-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #954
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
So, who says?

We thought the earth was the center of the universe. We couldn't conceive the idea of dark matter. Some think they is a guy who can walk on water and do good deeds for no reason.

Pretty sure, superheroes/villains could perfectly come about at some point. Who knows where things go...

Hell, I'd love for an alien race to show up just to piss off the religious folk and other close-minded people.
aliens aren't messing with us…we kill each other for having different skin colors…what are we gonna do to green people???

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #955
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Sorry but he hasn't done anything Batman-esque
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix...ported_actions
He's stopped a car thief, prevented a drunk from driving, stopped a bus hijack, broke up fights, pursued an assailant who stabbed someone, probably more.

Not exactly shooting Darkseid with a magic gun or anything, but he's way more "Batman-esque" than most "real life superheroes" who only perform charity work or community service. That was never my point though-- the point was that patrolling for crime to fight doesn't ACTUALLY turn up that much action. If Batman were real, and he went out on patrol, odds are that in reality he wouldn't actually find much. Maybe breaking up a fight, maybe chasing away a small-time drug dealer, maybe stopping a car thief. Taking on Clayface or Joker might be especially life-threatening, but even if such villains existed (in reality, Clayface is impossible), he's not going to just stumble onto such bad-ass criminals so frequently and easily.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #956
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
He's stopped a car thief, prevented a drunk from driving, stopped a bus hijack, broke up fights, pursued an assailant who stabbed someone, probably more.

Not exactly shooting Darkseid with a magic gun or anything, but he's way more "Batman-esque" than most "real life superheroes" who only perform charity work or community service. That was never my point though-- the point was that patrolling for crime to fight doesn't ACTUALLY turn up that much action. If Batman were real, and he went out on patrol, odds are that in reality he wouldn't actually find much. Maybe breaking up a fight, maybe chasing away a small-time drug dealer, maybe stopping a car thief. Taking on Clayface or Joker might be especially life-threatening, but even if such villains existed (in reality, Clayface is impossible), he's not going to just stumble onto such bad-ass criminals so frequently and easily.
Depends where he set up shop.

If a real life Batman went patrolling in Detroit he'd probably findnumerous examples of lawbreaking per night if he looked int he right areas.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #957
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Oh you got me…all of that is Batman-esque. How could I forget Ra's al Ghul's master plan in Batman Begins to drive home drunk or the Joker attempting to steal someone's car…or Bane and Talia's plan to steal a bus.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #958
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

All these real life superheroes, i don't want to say it and sometimes i feel bad for thinking about it but they all look pretty deranged. Funny how i can cry watching a Batman film and be there with all these comic book characters but when i see guys like this Phoenix Jones dude i think of the guy who jumped off the roof in Kick Ass.

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 12-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #959
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
Nothing like bright blue to strike terror into the hearts of Gotham's criminals.
Is there a sane, adult, human being who is genuinely afraid of a specific colour?

No. So blue and grey is as good as anything.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #960
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

dark blue/grey is just fine for night or shadows during the day, and probably way better for daytime hours anyway. I think black (really black/yellow-gold) worked a charm in '89, but I haven't seen a black suit yet that compares to black/gray or blue/gray. And yes... this thread has finally permeated my dreams, as my dreams last night basically were an imaginary BvS, with the typical blue/gray silver age suit and it looks *awesome* on Batfleck, ala Spider's manip. I think y'all would be/will be surprised. I'm feeling strong vibes that that's the suit we're getting. For some reason I think it'll be the Silver Age suit or the Noel suit, straight-up. I'm really hoping it's not the latter, but I'm coming around to it thanks to that pic posted a few pages back.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #961
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Just another cool pic I found of someone else's design for a silver age-esque suit with modern/practical updates.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #962
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
And yes... this thread has finally permeated my dreams, as my dreams last night basically were an imaginary BvS, with the typical blue/gray silver age suit and it looks *awesome* on Batfleck
Now we're two...

Old 12-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #963
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Old 12-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #964
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Hmm... I wonder what a suit made with the material under those plastic plates would look like.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #965
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Probably a thinner, more gray version of this.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #966
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

man, Zod really looked like a bad ass.

Back to Batsuit pron of the purple gloved/lots-of-gear variety...

Old 12-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #967
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

More Batpron...

(that one looks like 'fleck!)

And this looks almost identical to the one from my dream last night (although not at all my favorite version of the suit, this is apparently what my subconscious thinks Batman should look like):

Old 12-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #968
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

I'm not really a fan of the blue and grey suit,but I would be in complete awe if they used it.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #969
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

I really think they just might do it, it would be a complete departure from what we've seen since '89, but everyone in the world *knows* the blue/grey suit, even if they don't prefer it. Definitely not my favorite, but something tells me that they are going to do it - and I'd definitely prefer that to the Noel suit (which would be the other major departure from what we've seen so far).

Old 12-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #970
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Just the classic Black/Grey suit is more than enough (welcome) departure.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #971
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Now we're two...

Man, I could really use some oval. It just won't happen, but it would be so cool if it did...

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #972
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Mr. Jones?

Old 12-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #973
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Let's just hope they don't go with something like this fugliness... This is a custom action figure based on the supposed concept sketches that were "leaked" shortly after Affleck was confirmed.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #974
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

It doesn't look all that different from the Origins suit, if I'm being honest.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #975
Indy1Jones
The Batfleck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Just the classic Black/Grey suit is more than enough (welcome) departure.
I like that too.

Closed Thread