The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Is Wonder Woman gonna fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Yeah, i still wonder why sometimes they put Diana clearly visible
Because who wants to look at a blank page.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #27
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

I'd be happy with her just jumping up and down on a trampoline.

Unbreakable Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Reposting my similar post in WW thread

source

Quote:
Sandals of Hermes

Given to Diana by Hermes, these are no longer in canon, but at one point allowed her to travel between Themyscira and the outside world.

These sandals have also been given to Artemis and Cassandra Sandsmark as they also provide the power of flight.
They could change it a bit and say special boots given by Hermes enable her to fly, but keep that ability for the next movie.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #29
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Here is the thing about the Jet. When she flies the Jet in the Movieverse, the jet doesn't have to be invisible and while Wonder Woman is clearly visible on the inside. It would be just be a normal Jet with a Cloaking Device like the Dark elf ships in Thor the Dark world. Where everything is invisible.
i mean, it can work. so long as it isn't of themysciran origin. if it's waynetech piloted by steve it makes sense.

i can see why some would prefer the less heroes with the flight power the better, it makes it that much special.

her power level should be faora's power level.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #30
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i mean, it can work. so long as it isn't of themysciran origin. if it's waynetech piloted by steve it makes sense.

i can see why some would prefer the less heroes with the flight power the better, it makes it that much special.

I wouldn't even mind the jet being Nolanized, in that it would just have a cloaking device to keep it off of military radar. They could refer to it as the "invisible jet."

Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #31
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

The island is invisible. Why can't their vehicles be invisible?

I think it could be cool.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #32
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

She can have flight power and the Jet. Her flight speed should be fast but Jet's speed should out pace here normal flight speeds. It should travel at super and hyper sonic speeds. LIke Wonder Woman's flight power could be under 400 mph but here Jet could exceed 700 mph.

I'd rather have the god Hephaestus create it.
Quote:
Hephaestus, the god of fire, especially the blacksmith's fire, was the patron of all craftsmen, principally those working with metals. He was worshiped predominantly in Athens, but also in other manufacturing centres.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-12-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #33
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Where would she need to fly too if she's already in the kitchen?

;D

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #34
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:

Faora was as strong as Superman.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #35
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
Faora was as strong as Superman.
Nope not exactly. Faora, Nam-Ek, and Zod where all slightly weaker. They where just more skilled. Superman and Zod hit harder than Faora and Nam-ek.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #36
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nope not exactly. Faora, Nam-Ek, and Zod where all slightly weaker.
That may be the case, but it's something you'd have to assume. There weren't any scenes showing his superior strength to them.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #37
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I guess Wonder Woman may come off as a flying Faora. Does that seem like she's overpowered compared to the rest or right in line with what most want?

Old 12-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Yeah, i still wonder why sometimes they put Diana clearly visible
That's a good question. I mean if the jet is invisible she has to be invisible also cause she is inside. But like in the DC animation JL:crisis on two earths they clearly showed the invisible jet in a badass way as the helicarries. I mean why in the helicarrier people were not visible? because the optical view gave the effect.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #39
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
That may be the case, but it's something you'd have to assume. There weren't any scenes showing his superior strength to them.
That's kind of the point. They didn't have scene like that because they couldn't hit that hard. Look what happened to Nam-Ek when Superman started hitting him with the first punches that produced low level shock waves. He went limp and was in a daze.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #40
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Quote:
Yeah, Zods broken neck doesn't count.

OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #41
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
the problem with the jet is, when she's flying it looks weird if they show her sitting down, and if it's going to be completely invisible, how are we going to be able to tell what's what during the flight sequences? then there's the thing about the avengers having done the invisible helicarrier thing too.

I'd be okay with pegasus in themyscira. in wrath of the titans that black pegasus looked slow as hell.
It can be done the same way they do a Romulan bird of prey in Star Trek. It uses a cloaking device. So it appears invisible when in stealth mode to anyone on the outside, but inside the craft it still is fully visible. That's how I see the invisible jet, and how it was treated in one of the JL animated movies where it was in cloaked mode and was then fired upon got stuck in that mode.

So it's only invisible on the outside because it bends and reflects light rays etc, and therefore there should be no problem of showing how WW is sitting down at all. During flight sequences, you wouldn't even see WW because she would be inside, so she would be cloaked too. You didn't see any Romulans walking about when cloaked, otherwise that would defeat the purpose of them being in stealth mode and they would've been detected immediately by the Federation.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #42
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I guess Wonder Woman may come off as a flying Faora. Does that seem like she's overpowered compared to the rest or right in line with what most want?
That's a good thing. One of the reasons why I know Snyder will do WW right. He wont make her into the sexy flirtatious type that some thought he would do when Gadot was cast(which made no sense BTW).

I don't know if she should be as powerful as Faora. Her invulnerability level should be lower than what the Kryptonians can withstand, but she should still have a fair bit of strength and speed.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #43
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Yeah, Zods broken neck doesn't count.
Exactly(or was that sarcasm?)

Zod could have broken Superman's neck just the same if he were able to get him in that position.

Quote:
That's kind of the point. They didn't have scene like that because they couldn't hit that hard. Look what happened to Nam-Ek when Superman started hitting him with the first punches that produced low level shock waves. He went limp and was in a daze.

They all had the same scenes in terms of power showing, it's just that in none of them did Clark show a higher display of strength, though I remember Faora specifically telling Clark that he was weak.

I'll counter your limp and dazed with Nam-Ek kicking Superman unconscious.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #44
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Exactly(or was that sarcasm?)

Zod could have broken Superman's neck just the same if he were able to get him in that position.

They all had the same scenes in terms of power showing, it's just that in none of them did Clark show a higher display of strength, though I remember Faora specifically telling Clark that he was weak.

She meant physiologically weak. Since he was holding back when fighting and not going for the kill. They where fighting to kill him. Superman was still pulling his punches until after the Bank vault throw.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #45
Loki882
Side-Kick

YES, she should definitely be able to fly on her own. I've never been a fan of the invisible jet and no one has ever come up with a convincing argument as to why she SHOULD NOT be able to fly on her own, at least in my opinion. Let Batman have his jet, it suits him much better anyway.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #46
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
That's a good thing. One of the reasons why I know Snyder will do WW right. He wont make her into the sexy flirtatious type that some thought he would do when Gadot was cast(which made no sense BTW).

I don't know if she should be as powerful as Faora. Her invulnerability level should be lower than what the Kryptonians can withstand, but she should still have a fair bit of strength and speed.
Well, Faora was essentially a human in the battlesuit, since it protected her from the earth's atmosphere, so I don't know really what level invulnerability she had. However, I do agree with you on the casting. I think it has more to do with her military background than most people mention.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #47
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
YES, she should definitely be able to fly on her own. I've never been a fan of the invisible jet and no one has ever come up with a convincing argument as to why she SHOULD NOT be able to fly on her own, at least in my opinion. Let Batman have his jet, it suits him much better anyway.
agreed

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #48
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, Faora was essentially a human in the battlesuit, since it protected her from the earth's atmosphere, so I don't know really what level invulnerability she had. However, I do agree with you on the casting. I think it has more to do with her military background than most people mention.
What do you mean by that? The battlesuit didn't give her Kryptonian level protection, it was the fact that she was a Kryptonian was she able to withstand going through those walls, Superman's punches and taking a missile directly to the face. She would have had essentially the same level of protection with the suit off, just as Zod did when he took his armor off. I think the suit was more for their non yellow sun adventures, which is why Zod found it unnecessary when fighting Superman.

BTW, I wouldn't mind them bringing Faora back to be a Wonder Woman villain in the future.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #49
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
human in a battle suit? That's wrong IMO. The battle suit did not protect her from superman's powers cause if you noticed she had all her powers even having the battle suit. when Superman blast her with heat vision or was hitted by a missile and she wasn't afected. she was invulnerable that's why she resisted superman's powers and she could hit the man of steel. the only thing she was protected was form the hearing and the senses (due to the helmet).

Last edited by John-An; 12-12-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #50
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
What do you mean by that? The battlesuit didn't give her Kryptonian level protection, it was the fact that she was a Kryptonian was she able to withstand going through those walls, Superman's punches and taking a missile directly to the face. She would have had essentially the same level of protection with the suit off, just as Zod did when he took his armor off. I think the suit was more for their non yellow sun adventures, which is why Zod found it unnecessary when fighting Superman.

BTW, I wouldn't mind them bringing Faora back to be a Wonder Woman villain in the future.
Agreed