The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
SofNascimento
Banned User

Default Re: Is Wonder Woman gonna fly?

Yes, definitely. But she should be more comfortable in the ground. In other words, she should fly when needed, not like a fighting style. That should make her very distinct from Supes.

SofNascimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #52
roach
I am the night

You know what really makes her distinct from Superman…that she's a woman. Her flying is not going to confuse her with Superman.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #53
Loki882
Side-Kick

Faora still had Kryptonian powers like super speed, super strength, the ability to jump long distances like the Hulk, etc. The battle armor didn't GIVE her those abilities, it simply shielded her from sensory overload due to the yellow sun. The only difference between her and Superman is that Superman had been on Earth for 33 years (subtle Snyder, real subtle) and had become used to solar radiation/absorbed more of it. Therefore, he could do things that the other's couldn't, like fly and use heat vision (both of which Zod eventually learned how to do).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #54
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
You know what really makes her distinct from Superman…that she's a woman. Her flying is not going to confuse her with Superman.
Her fighting style should also be quite different from Superman's. Whenever the whole "Superman vs. WW, who is stronger" debate comes up, my response is this. Superman might be somewhat stronger from a purely physical perspective, but WW is more skilled at combat. Superman's fighting style, especially in MOS, is very direct and improvised since he's had no formal training. WW, on the other hand, has been trained to by a warrior basically from birth by a race of highly-skilled female warriors. I feel like her combat style in the movie should be more refined/diverse, as opposed to the "punch people in the face and keep punching" style of Superman. Heck, maybe she even gives him some tips for a more efficient fighting technique.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #55
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Her fighting style should also be quite different from Superman's. Whenever the whole "Superman vs. WW, who is stronger" debate comes up, my response is this. Superman might be somewhat stronger from a purely physical perspective, but WW is more skilled at combat. Superman's fighting style, especially in MOS, is very direct and improvised since he's had no formal training. WW, on the other hand, has been trained to by a warrior basically from birth by a race of highly-skilled female warriors. I feel like her combat style in the movie should be more refined/diverse, as opposed to the "punch people in the face and keep punching" style of Superman. Heck, maybe she even gives him some tips for a more efficient fighting technique.
Oh I agree with all this. I just don't see a need to take away her flying ability.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #56
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh I agree with all this. I just don't see a need to take away her flying ability.
I agree.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #57
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It would be cool if Wonder Woman's flight feels more like she's floating under water. Like with he way here hair moves. Make her flying feel mystical. Superman looks like he's floating in 0 gravity. Wonder Woman's body and hair should move like its underwater. She should fly not swim but it should feel like here body is floating under water when she's just floating in one place.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #58
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
They are not going to put WW in a movie and not show off her powers. What is wrong with her being a scene stealer? You already have Batman who is king of the scene stealers(next to his nemesis), and Superman who will have some heavy scenes of his own as well.
Because it's a Superman/Batman movie?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #59
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Is Wonder Woman gonna fly?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #60
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Because it's a Superman/Batman movie?
Your point being...?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #61
vantheman77
Side-Kick

If Wonder Woman flies, I hope she flies in a different way than Superman.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Your point being...?
It's not a Trinity film. The film should be about fleshing out Superman and Batman's characters and having the story centered around them. At most, Diana should be there as just a side character to say "Hey everyone I exist!" and be Bruce Wayne's love interest and then revealed at the end on who she really is. She would take on a similar role to Black Widow in Iron Man 2. Heck in the comics she was a secret agent.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #63
roach
I am the night

Quote:
It's not a Trinity film.
Wrong…we don't know what this movie is or even the name. It could very well be a Trinity film.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #64
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
If Wonder Woman flies, I hope she flies in a different way than Superman.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #65
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Wrong…we don't know what this movie is or even the name. It could very well be a Trinity film.
I definitely read that like Spacey's Lex.

I wouldn't mind if this does turn into a Trinity or even a Justice League movie. If it successfully launches more DC characters, then I'm happy.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #66
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
This logo shown at comic-con says sup:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #67
roach
I am the night

Quote:
This logo shown at comic-con says sup:

is that the official logo or is it something they made to draw attention to their announcement???

Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #68
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
It's not a Trinity film. The film should be about fleshing out Superman and Batman's characters and having the story centered around them. At most, Diana should be there as just a side character to say "Hey everyone I exist!" and be Bruce Wayne's love interest and then revealed at the end on who she really is. She would take on a similar role to Black Widow in Iron Man 2. Heck in the comics she was a secret agent.
But they aren't going to put in WW and not show off her powers. Just like Widow got to show off, so will she. I don't see why she can't be a scene stealer just because it's "not her movie".

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #69
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Her flying ability was given to her in the first place to take away the invisible plane

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #70
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
But they aren't going to put in WW and not show off her powers. Just like Widow got to show off, so will she. I don't see why she can't be a scene stealer just because it's "not her movie".

She could be. But I don't want her to be. I mostly just want Superman. But I can understand that others feel differently.

I say no flying. Just have her jump high like the MOS Kryptonians when they first arrived.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #71
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I don't understand why we can't have more than one scene stealing character.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #72
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
I don't understand why we can't have more than one scene stealing character.
Because...Superman.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #73
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

No to the flying in this movie. I am not opposed to it in general.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #74
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Because...Superman.
And Batman...and Wonder Woman! Diana I'm not sure about but Batman is a scene stealer by nature when done right.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #75
Lord
All Mighty

I sincerelly was never a fan of the character flying, it just doesn't feel natural for her.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote