The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #626
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post
When did he say that? Could you give a link?
Link for what?

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #627
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I'm not too concerned. It's easy to get that impression with him being such a long-lasting villain in the comics, but between Joss's writing and Spader's acting, I can't imagine him being forgettable. I don't think he'll be any more throwaway than say, The Joker in TDK, and he too was only in one movie--with only a tiny nod to him in the previous installment.
But it doesn't look like Ultron's going to be getting any nods any time soon in any after credits scenes. I just hope that Whedon can give proper character development and justice to Ultron.

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #628
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I'm not too concerned. It's easy to get that impression with him being such a long-lasting villain in the comics, but between Joss's writing and Spader's acting, I can't imagine him being forgettable. I don't think he'll be any more throwaway than say, The Joker in TDK, and he too was only in one movie--with only a tiny nod to him in the previous installment.
You bring up an excellent point. You take the joker in TDK and take Heath out of the roll and it's just about a guy who runs around blowing up stuff. It was Heath's performance that brought that character to the forefront.

A lot of people complained about Malekith's lack of development, and it's a fair argument, but while Christopher Eccleston did a fine job, he didn't really try to do anything special with the character. He just played the standard baddie.

There's text and then there's subtext. Everything that's not written on the page but the character brings out.

Spader is such and excellent actor, and finally now seems to be getting some recognition with his Golden Globe nomination for the Blacklist. He has a charm and a charisma about him, much like Downey.

I guarantee you, whatever else happens, you're not going to forget his performance.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #629
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Rhodes will probably get the same amount of screentime as Selvig did in the first movie.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #630
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Also, CBM (citing Bleeding Cool) says that we may see Jarvis in Human form, but not played by Paul Bettany.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #631
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Also, CBM (citing Bleeding Cool) says that we may see Jarvis in Human form, but not played by Paul Bettany.
Mmmmmm I don't think he's REPLACING Bettany as JARVIS. He's actually playing the Butler. Likely working in Avengers Tower. This is pretty dope, and sidesteps what I felt was a crafty, yet still unfaithful representation of the source material. Not to mention, there's comedic gold in Tony saying something to Jarvis and both the butler and computer responding.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #632
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That would be cool. Hopefully Alfred will be in Superman/Batman so we can compare butlers...lol

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #633
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

RE War Machine....on other sites, the feeling is that Rhodes will be the one to die. I don't see this happening, unless Falcon is added to the team.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #634
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Rhodes will probably get the same amount of screentime as Selvig did in the first movie.
If that. Probably a cameo.

Or either he's the one to die this time so Stark & crew have someone to avenge.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 12-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #635
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

They are not going to have Rhodes die are they? I don't think Marvel (or Joss) is that stupid to kill the only Black Avenger that they have.

So they will probably bring in Anthony Mackie or sign Chiwetel Ejiofor in a "top secret, to be revealed when the movie is released" role. Then they can kill off Rhodes.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #636
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That would be cool. Hopefully Alfred will be in Superman/Batman so we can compare butlers...lol
So it looks like they are casting a Jarvis so that they can do this twist?

Old 12-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #637
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
So it looks like they are casting a Jarvis so that they can do this twist?

LOL! I am so confused right now...was that really Jarvis?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #638
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
If that. Probably a cameo.

Or either he's the one to die this time so Stark & crew have someone to avenge.
Yes let's kill off the only Black Superhero in the Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
LOL! I am so confused right now...was that really Jarvis?
Jarvis was being mind-controlled by Ultron as far as I can remember.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #639
TeeKay
Side-Kick

UPDATE: Back on the inclusion of Don Cheadle, HitFix can also confirm that "Col. Rhodes, aka War Machine, has a key role in the conflict with Ultron that is the main focus of the sequel."

Uh oh......

Source:http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...-age-of-ultron

Old 12-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #640
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
UPDATE: Back on the inclusion of Don Cheadle, HitFix can also confirm that "Col. Rhodes, aka War Machine, has a key role in the conflict with Ultron that is the main focus of the sequel."

Uh oh......

Source:http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...-age-of-ultron
So (unless they add Falcon or a certain African king who's country has the world's only supply of Vibranium) they are going to kill off the only Black Avenger.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #641
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
So (unless they add Falcon or a certain African king who's country has the world's only supply of Vibranium) they are going to kill off the only Black Avenger.
After reading that update with HitFlix, I'm starting to think he's this films 'Coulson', emotional exploitation.

Btw, has anyone at all considered that Simon McBurney may be playing Jarvis in a flashback scene when Stark was young, thus adding more to the emotional connection he has with the person and the A.I. Whom becomes "Ultron"?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #642
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't understand how you get they're going to kill him off from that.

The much more interesting parts of that article, which you didn't acknowledge, are these:

Quote:
And trust me… this one's going to make the first film look like "Stranger Than Paradise" by comparison.
Quote:
One thing you can count on is that at the end of "Avengers: Age Of Ultron," the group that calls themselves "The Avengers" isn't going to be the same group we saw eating shwarma together at the end of the first film. Major changes are coming for The Avengers, and I've said all along that I full expected the studio to break up the group by the end of the second film specifically to give Phase Three a major narrative arc of trying to get all of the originals back in place to stand against Thanos when he finally comes for Earth. Whether or not Rhodey will be one of those new Avengers standing together at the end of "Age Of Ultron" remains to be seen, but Cheadle's got a few films left on the contract, and I think it would be premature to start predicting his death at this point.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #643
Mr. Dent
Banned User

And anyway, it makes sense to have Rhody in it as Iron Patriot or War Machine if the film involves the US government and has a political twist to it that wasn't in the first film.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #644
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Perhaps Rhodey is injured?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #645
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Things are certainly getting interesting now. Let's see if Whedon adds Falcon in this movie. I don't really get the Stranger than Paradise comparison here, somebody help me out.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #646
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Things are certainly getting interesting now. Let's see if Whedon adds Falcon in this movie. I don't really get the Stranger than Paradise comparison here, somebody help me out.
I don't think he'll add Falcon.

But if we see another black actor (Chiwetel Ejiofor) being cast in a top secret role, then we'll see this guy:

Especially if Ultron is made entirely of Vibranium.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #647
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Perhaps Rhodey is injured?

Quote:
They're saying the new movie will make the old movie look like a cheap black and white movie from the 50's (obvious hyperbole, but you get the point I hope).

Old 12-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #648
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

I don't think that they are going to bring in Rhodey to just kill him off.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #649
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

As long as he isn't hacked again.

If we go with my idea that a subset of the Ultron AI has been present in all the other iron suits not controlled by Jarvis (Monger, Whiplash, Iron Patriot), then maybe SHIELD or Tony extract the software from the suit and when they begin tampering with it is when it goes rogue. But hopefully it doesn't go back to the suit and take it over because I'm sick of that. Let Rhodey be immune to hacking for once. You'd think Tony would step in finally, replace the WM/Patriot's flimsy security with whatever he uses that can keep Ultron out of Iron Man.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #650
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Random thought: Maybe Ultron takes over Tony's armor, and the Avengers turn to War Machine for help. Instead of Tony rescuing Rhodey again, it plays out the other way. Or is that too similar to what they had Pepper do at the end of IM3?

As large as the roster is starting to grow, I have little doubt that, one way or the other, the Avengers will be broken into two groups. And I'm seriously entertaining the thought that they will be antagonistic towards one another. And despite Whedon's dislike of unfinished endings, I wouldn't be surprised if these subgroups don't "make up" by the end of the film.

Closed Thread