The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #851
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Nuke is a little too much of a parody. They'll probably go with U.S. Agent if they did go that route.
could always go with 50s Cap to save money on casting. we'd get to hear Chris Evans throw around ethnic slurs for an hour.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #852
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nuke is a little too much of a parody. They'll probably go with U.S. Agent if they did go that route.
Not really, they could always just say that he was created when the government tried to use an inferior version of the SSS to make more super soldiers, and that the process drove him insane. They already kind of did that with Abomination in TIH.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #853
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Haven't people here been asking "When will Steve Rogers die?" since before CATFA came out? 'Cause it happened in a comic book so it has to happen in the film universe.
Yes, I don't understand that logic. Everyone dies in the comicverse at some stage.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #854
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

You know, I'd genuinely love to see a John Walker Captain America on screen at some point. I know I'm in the minority but I never got the hate for his Cap. Sure, I get that he was totally different from Steve but his justification for the massacre of the Watchdogs was beleivable and his dedication to serving the goverment was unwaivering, given that he then missed his parents funeral to go on a mission.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #855
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I'm not a fan of villains who are a dark reflection of the hero.

I'd like to see Madame Hydra in Cap3, myself.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #856
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Not really, they could always just say that he was created when the government tried to use an inferior version of the SSS to make more super soldiers, and that the process drove him insane. They already kind of did that with Abomination in TIH.
I think they've gone to that well once too often. It's as bad as making all of Stark's enemies armored.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 12-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #857
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post

if thats a response to my post, i never really saw walker as a villain, to be fair. Just had different sensibilities to rogers.

but i will admit that im a sucker for the evil twin thing.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #858
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think they've gone to that well once too often. It's as bad as making all of Stark's enemies armored.
They've done it ONCE in the MCU so far, and in a different context. The two scenarios are not comparable at all.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #859
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Red Skull is also an evil super soldier. I think doing it again would be repetitive.

Personally, I think Steve being dead in Cap 3 is a crappy idea. I hope that if he isn't in this movie, Red Skull comes back myself. I assume he probably will (likely building the stones angle and building toward A3).

Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #860
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Blech, really sick of the anxiousness to kill Cap. Falls in line with everyone's yearning for BIG, EPIC moments of the comics to come to fruition without understanding the context of why it mattered before. Leave the guy alone. Maybe give one of the biggest icons of the Marvel universe a chance to breathe in at least a trilogy before sadistically murdering him because comics?

The third film will be tricky, since they're really hammering in the "Man Out Of Time" aspects of Steve in TWS. But they've surprised me before with a clever character arc for Tony in IM3, so we'll see what they got. Maybe the reprucussions of Ultron will put him in a different place than we've seen him before.

edit: I'm of course speaking more in regards to the personal journey than the plot itself.
Because fanboys shouldn't write movies because they get fixated on moments as opposed to arcs/stories.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #861
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

So when should we expect an advertising surge for this film? What were the patterns for IM3 and Thor2? I recall they had pretty similar formats in when promotional type stuff was released. I'm thinking maybe sometime in January we start getting some posters or something right? Super Bowl will probably be the first time we see something on TV?

I can't wait to see the general audience reaction to the trailers and tv spots and stuff. I think this has the most potential to grab the audience eye just because it looks so different from what Marvel has put out.

Not that I think that comic movies are getting stale to the public but I think this film will be a nice change, much less 'popcorn-y' and a bit more 'grounded' and very much a straight up Thriller. They could almost market it as a high action type thriller film that happens to revolve around a comic character. A nice switch up in my eyes compared to the other two phase 2 movies which were a throwback buddy cop style and a fantasy epic (both which I loved and have only heard good things from others that don't read comics either.) I love the variety these films are able to have while all still being part of the same universe.

I'm especially excited for this and GotG, this one because I wasn't the biggest fan of the first Cap but that's just because I don't much care for origin stories or period pieces. This one is looking to blow me away just on the concept alone an then how it's being called Avengers 1.5 so the universe connections and ramifications are icing on the cake. guardians has me excited for the whole weirdness of it and the space epic/opera of it. I've never much cared for sci-fi but the cast alone has me hooked as well as seeing the cosmic side of Marvel.

Okay, done ranting lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #862
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

I want to see Zemo, Strucker, and Madame Hydra in Cap 3 with the return of Red Skull if they can fit him in as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #863
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I still say Red Skull is in this movie. If the ending of TDW has Loki on the Throne, the ending of IM3 has Trevor still alive and in jail, I'd say this movie will have a Red Skull reveal at the end. Probably have Crossbones (who's said to be in AoU) go somewhere and bow to the Skull, who gives him his Crossbones mask.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #864
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I still say Red Skull is in this movie. If the ending of TDW has Loki on the Throne, the ending of IM3 has Trevor still alive and in jail, I'd say this movie will have a Red Skull reveal at the end. Probably have Crossbones (who's said to be in AoU) go somewhere and bow to the Skull, who gives him his Crossbones mask.
I definitely don't rule out the possibility. I don't even rule out the possibility that Hugo Weaving's complaints about the character were all bluster and he's secretly filmed scenes for the movie.

But from a timeline standpoint, it's a lot harder to figure out. We know Skully went *somewhere* via the Cube, and we know damn well that, if they even remotely pay homage to the comics, he'll be back in modern times to reprise his role as Cap's archnemesis. But I just get the feeling that if/when they do bring him back, it's going to require a whole film to center around that return ---- how, why, where, what, the whole enchilada. Just having Redford pull off his "mask" to reveal he was Skully all along, or saving him for a post-credit stinger, is way too cheap and deus ex.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #865
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Death of Captain America != No more Steve Rogers /Chris Evans

Steve coming back is part of the story. Steve being a main character/active while he's dead is part of the story. Bucky Cap is inherently temporary. I wish you guys would stop discussing Death of Captain America as though it was a story where Cap doesn't come back, because it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
CapWolf excepted (sorry WT ) what would be a good personal arc for Cap for a third film that might incorporate the fallout from Ultron?

Hmmm… maybe something where he has to deal with an Infinity Gem falling into his hands as a lead up to Thanos? Maybe the reappearance of the Red Skull (provided he doesn't appear in this movie)?

It seems like we're getting a mix of TWS and the Captain America No More storyline where he defies orders and the government/SHIELD's out gunning for him in CATWS. So I'm at a loss for the other better known Cap stories from his past.
The only truly classic story that hasn't been solidly run through is War & Rememberance, which has Steve potentially bidding for a presidential campaign and a very tragic end for the vampiric foe Baron Blood. Captain America 3: Steve Rogers: Vampire Hunter, basically.

An arguably classic story by Kirby is Bicentennial Battles, where Steve Rogers travels through time going through America's history. Would tie in great with the Time Gem. Of course, if Steve is lost in history, people might think he's dead. Man... wouldn't it be funny if there's another recent and popular story where Steve is traveling through time while people think he's dead?

Old 12-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #866
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
I actually hope they use Nuke. If they make him a bit more serious, he could be really interesting. They could use him to show how everyone did something wrong in the Vietnam War (the government for even getting involved, the military for making it's soldiers do questionable things & the American public for not supporting the soldiers), compared to the black & white war that Steve came from.

I find the Vietnam War incredibly interesting, so I may be a bit bias.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #867
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I would use the Zemos for a villain. I might give him/them some aspects from Baron Blood though, including the grisly end.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #868
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Count me as someone who is completely against killing Cap. Chris Evans is one of the best things about the MCU.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #869
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I actually hope they use Nuke. If they make him a bit more serious, he could be really interesting. They could use him to show how everyone did something wrong in the Vietnam War (the government for even getting involved, the military for making it's soldiers do questionable things & the American public for not supporting the soldiers), compared to the black & white war that Steve came from.

Interesting Idea.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #870
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post

But unless you start throwing anti-aging fixits around, a Namvet Nuke would be a white-haired government pensioner. If they bring the Nuke story in at all, it's almost certain that he'd be yet another Iraq/Afghanistan veteran.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #871
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
But unless you start throwing anti-aging fixits around, a Namvet Nuke would be a white-haired government pensioner. If they bring the Nuke story in at all, it's almost certain that he'd be yet another Iraq/Afghanistan veteran.

The Middle East crisis is still divisive enough to make the same point

Old 12-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #872
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I don't think Marvel is or will ever be interested in making a movie with that kind of political statement.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #873
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think Marvel is or will ever be interested in making a movie with that kind of political statement.
Meh....Iron Man 1 and 3 already teased those kinds of subjects

Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #874
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
IM1 touched on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 12-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #875
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Touch and tease is one thing, but to have the antagonist be a US serviceman and to address recent/ongoing conflicts beyond a backdrop is another.

Closed Thread