The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Iron Man movie?
Iron Man 110 67.07%
Iron Man 2 8 4.88%
Iron Man 3 46 28.05%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #226
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,841
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

I watched IM3 again today as I have been meaning, and its such a weird movie, for the 1st hour or so its superb, amazing in fact, but things just seem to take a downward turn when he meets up with the kid for some reason. Which is strange because the kid is a good little actor.

The 2nd half has its moments, and the twist DOES work in the movie (its only when the movie ends that I think the twist starts to grate), but yeah, if the quality of the 1st hour was kept, it would rival the 1st movie. I still think its SLIGHTLY better than IM2, and neither are close to the 1st movie.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3

Last edited by AVEITWITHJAMON; 10-24-2013 at 12:38 AM.
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #227
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 39,204
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post

I do think the spirit of the character was there, but he wasnt threatening enough for me, and Stark wasnt really clever in the way he engaged him either, as others have said. I dont think what they did with the Mandarin was blasphemy like others do, but I understand their views. On 1st viewing I thought the twist worked, but its on subsequent viewings that it feels cheap and unnecessarily decieving.
I disagree. I felt like Killian was a very fair match for Stark. He was in the power position most of the movie, and in their physical confrontation, he was wiping the floor with Stark. Stark just outsmarted him toward the end, but for most of the fight, Stark was clearly losing. That shows me Killian was a threat (something I def feel Vanko lacked).

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #228
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,867
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Vanko was awesome...and then he did the NYYEAAAHH.

Then he got awesome, and kicked ass at Monaco, and did a Joker-like interrogation with Stark.


Then nothing.

Like i've said before, this twist isn't really that different from the first two IM movies, if you think about it. Yeah, we all knew Stane was the baddie, but Raza was set up as the foil in the beginning of IM1...and it turns out it was Stane all along. Vanko was advertised/set up to be the big baddie in IM2...and Hammer did more damage than Vanko did.

__________________
This is my design.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #229
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,841
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I disagree. I felt like Killian was a very fair match for Stark. He was in the power position most of the movie, and in their physical confrontation, he was wiping the floor with Stark. Stark just outsmarted him toward the end, but for most of the fight, Stark was clearly losing. That shows me Killian was a threat (something I def feel Vanko lacked).
I just never felt Stark was truly in danger though (but this is a complaint for all MCU movies so far, something I hope they address in the next movies, as Thor 2 seems the same) their brief fight at the end didnt really see Stark in deep **** like the X-Men have seemed numerous times in their movies or Spiderman did in the Raimi movies. I think if Mandarin had beaten Tony to within an inch of life then he would have been more effective. The fact that Tony only used 2 armours to fight with him seemed to lower his threat as well, to me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Vanko was awesome...and then he did the NYYEAAAHH.

Then he got awesome, and kicked ass at Monaco, and did a Joker-like interrogation with Stark.


Then nothing.

Like i've said before, this twist isn't really that different from the first two IM movies, if you think about it. Yeah, we all knew Stane was the baddie, but Raza was set up as the foil in the beginning of IM1...and it turns out it was Stane all along. Vanko was advertised/set up to be the big baddie in IM2...and Hammer did more damage than Vanko did.
I loved Hammer but I cant agree with this, Hammer just broke Vanko out of prison, which indeed led to Vanko doing what he did but Vanko did all the damage at the end.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #230
Filmfreak
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 29
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

The first one was great and without a doubt one of the best of its kind. It was new it was exciting and RDJ nailed the part.

In the second one they saw what worked and what the audience liked and copied the exact same recipe -from the villain to the jokes, the music and the whole feeling- without being fresh and smart as #1 and threw tons of easter eggs in the mix to promote The Avengers and the rest MCU movies. And I thought it really worked at the time but as years gone by the more I see it the less I think of it honestly. Still a good enjoyable movie though.

In the third one they at least tried something different but it got silly really quick. So many plot holes so many stupid parts and cliches. It had nothing to do with what they promoted as a more grounded approach and a slightly serious tone. Even the first part of the film suggested that direction. In the end it almost turned out as a parody. Easily the worst of the trilogy.

So for me it's Iron Man>Iron Man 2>Iron man 3.

Filmfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #231
TheDarkKnight08
genius
 
TheDarkKnight08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Right here.
Posts: 2,184
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Iron Man 3 for me tops the list. I'm very sorry, but those who think the twist makes the movie bad really need to reevaluate their opinion. The twist works in the context of the film and, regardless of having no physical similarities to the character, is respectful to the Mandarin's deceptive nature. Seeing Tony defend himself out of the suit and seeing him actually have a conflict to deal with was great. Him invading the Mandarin's mansion, his PTSD all made for a much more interesting character than anything done with Thor in Loki: The Dark World. The action itself is prolonged and very executed, unlike the first two which had very short and distance bursts of action. The only thing about the film that bothers me is the last 10 or so minutes. Pepper killing the Mandarin was and Tony removing his arc reactor was terrible writing all together. I don't know how they got as the resolution to the story after having such a film. Either way, Iron Man 3 is my favorite, followed by the first, then, all the way down, Iron Man 2.

__________________
If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nick Mundy is the real-life equivalent of Youtube comment: Sure I may be wrong, but I'm loud, so everyone listens to me.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #232
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,382
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

iron man 1 was a great film.
iron man 2 disappointed me, it was aight but not something I'd wanna watch again. What I think would have made the film better would be
a. given hammer a british accent
b. not have recasted terrence howard, although that in itself is another issue
c. have a showdown fight between black widow and whiplash in the climax instead of whiplash showing up and being blown by iron man and war machine

as for iron man 3, i haven't seen it, but from wat i hear about the mandarin... might make it the worst of all 3 but hey, it's the second highest grossing film in the mcu and one of the highest grossing films of all time, so credit where it's due

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #233
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,867
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Why let others dictate an opinion for you?

__________________
This is my design.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #234
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,467
Dry Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
Iron Man 3 for me tops the list. I'm very sorry, but those who think the twist makes the movie bad really need to reevaluate their opinion. The twist works in the context of the film and, regardless of having no physical similarities to the character, is respectful to the Mandarin's deceptive nature. Seeing Tony defend himself out of the suit and seeing him actually have a conflict to deal with was great. Him invading the Mandarin's mansion, his PTSD all made for a much more interesting character than anything done with Thor in Loki: The Dark World. The action itself is prolonged and very executed, unlike the first two which had very short and distance bursts of action. The only thing about the film that bothers me is the last 10 or so minutes. Pepper killing the Mandarin was and Tony removing his arc reactor was terrible writing all together. I don't know how they got as the resolution to the story after having such a film. Either way, Iron Man 3 is my favorite, followed by the first, then, all the way down, Iron Man 2.


Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Why let others dictate an opinion for you?
Par for the course on the internetz. It's easiest to tell who falls into this category by whether or not their thoughts are particularly original. When I see someone regurgitating the same ill-conceived ignorance(and damn near verbatim) that the bandwagon is peddling, it's a very clear indicator of this.

I remember there was a fellow who repeatedly extolled the virtues of the comic book villain, but was caught with his pants down as having never read an Iron Man book aside from the Extremis mini. How is that sort of criticism even valuable, let alone valid? The only explanation for this sort of silliness is that these folks are simply repeating the same internet noise they've read elsewhere. How else can someone come to such a conclusion without having proper, relevant perspective? Everyone is entitled the their opinion I suppose, but when said opinion is backed by preconceived notions and confirmation bias, then that's when we've crossed into fallacy territory, which is precisely when I can't take someone seriously, no matter how loudly they yell "ITS JUST MY OPINION DOOD!"

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #235
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,867
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

I think I've seen the same guy around here, but I can't remember after the billion bandwagon Mandarin fans I've come across

__________________
This is my design.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #236
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,565
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

1- Iron Man 3
I don't like how easily the suit gets disassembled, or blowing up all the armors
Everything else is fine, a great fun adventure movie, and the story is interesting
9/10

2- Iron Man
Iron Man has the best superhero origin, I'm saying it, this is how I find it
After that it's not my favorite as either a Marvel comics movie or a Marvel studios movie, but it's great fun, and it's great to see Tony not making weapons to sell
Obidiah's story kind made me rub my head, people got angry over the Mandarin's twist, but not over the changes this character went through
8.5/10

3- Iron Man 2
Pepper and Rhodey have annoying moments, really annoying moments, so does Tony
Is it a bad movie? No, it's a good fun movie I really enjoy, but I get why this movie disappointed after a great first
8/10

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E

Quote this ballot in PM to ComicChick, pick your choice per category, send it to her.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #237
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: a realm of non-physical existence
Posts: 4,890
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

1. Iron Man

a really solid movie, up there with The Dark Knight in my book. everything worked perfectly in it, I even liked Iron Monger despite how little time they gave him in the actual Iron Monger suit. Characters and the way they interacted with each other were charming

2. Iron Man 3

I hated this one but I hate Iron Man 2 more. The good parts in IM3 are the visuals, the action was good and the jokes are well written. Still, even if you have great comedic material you can't go over board with or the movie will turn into a joke. And the Mandarin twist was a very desperate and pointless one. But at least I wasn't bored watching it like I was when I watched:

3. Iron Man 2

This movie was just boring, Ivan Vanko seemed to have potential as a villain, but they didn't do anything interesting with it in the end. Pacing was awful, it slowed down way too much in the middle, which would've been fine if the dialogue was engaging but it wasn't. Oh and in this movie Pepper is annoying as ****. They substitute the clever natural character interactions to rambling and mostly complaining, with Tony akwardly talking over Pepper's rambling

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #238
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,202
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnConner View Post
I agree with this mostly.

IM3 is pure unfiltered excrement tho. I considered leaving the theatre which is something I reserve for only pure turd like say Elektra or Punishers.

IM3 is barely a movie..its a pure insult to the comic fans...its a pure insult to anyone that sat thru 1 and 2. What the hell was he doing with that kid? in the middle of Tenn? also whipping up tech from crap? then using it to break into another lab? like I said this is pure unfiltered crap. Then the mandarin stuff ? really...was the writer actually taking a taco bell crap as he finished off this script? This movie was immensely insultive...its an insult even as a stand alone film much more to comic book genre.

To me it even shows how much of a diehard fan you are if you find it remotely acceptable. This movie was fun for the actors and makers...I dont go to watch a movie so that it's involved crew can get their rocks off on having fun and or having a last Hurrah on me.....it was completely intolerable....their was barely any suit action.

It absolutely demands to have its masters burned. It was a complete outrage.
I for one found no humor in their barrage of insults to Tony and to us.

IF ANYTHING ALL IN ALL I WAS ALSO FINALLY SICKENED OF Robert Downy JR. And I never want to see this guy as Tony Stark again. Ill gladly watch Sherlock holmes 3....but I think this guy feels high when he plays Tony or gets high...or maybe its just that IM3 sucked so badly and he cooperated and possibly enjoyed this soiled diaper of a film. Something Chris Bale would have never ever tolerated. It was a disrespectful film...and just like ppl were fired for John Carter and will be for Lone Ranger....I feel you and I as fans should be demanding it....the entire film roll as the evidence.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Iron Man 1 is the only decent Iron Man movie.

Hopefully Fox or sony can get the rights and do the character right.


Yes because Fox have done most of their other characters justice right? Mmmmmmm let's see.....






And how could we forget this. This was just priceless. Spot on representation of this character and Fox did a great job. They did the character justice


I know you dislike the MCU very much, but don't go around making absurd statements like that.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 12-13-2013 at 12:35 PM.
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #239
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,467
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
2. Iron Man 3

I hated this one but I hate Iron Man 2 more. The good parts in IM3 are the visuals, the action was good and the jokes are well written. Still, even if you have great comedic material you can't go over board with or the movie will turn into a joke. And the Mandarin twist was a very desperate and pointless one. But at least I wasn't bored watching it like I was when I watched:
The point was fear-mongering and misdirection; Trevor, and his subplot, was the linchpin in the villain's overarching scheme. Explain how that is in any way pointless. Desperate? With regard to what, exactly?

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #240
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,382
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Why let others dictate an opinion for you?
this is a very valid point. however, you have to admit that if a mass amount of people have the same opinion it has to come with merit. so that's when you delve into the subject yourself to see if you agree with them or not, I just have not done that yet

but I mean their opinion itself stems from a plot twist, there's not much that can dictate that. it's not like most of the hate controversy is about the entire film as a review, but just that one plot twist

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #241
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,202
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Iron Man 3 is the best IM film to date and the best MCU film overall imo.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #242
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,867
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
this is a very valid point. however, you have to admit that if a mass amount of people have the same opinion it has to come with merit. so that's when you delve into the subject yourself to see if you agree with them or not, I just have not done that yet

but I mean their opinion itself stems from a plot twist, there's not much that can dictate that. it's not like most of the hate controversy is about the entire film as a review, but just that one plot twist
Mass amount =/= a handful of fans on an internet forum.

Just give igt a watch and see what *you* think of it.

__________________
This is my design.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #243
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,467
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
this is a very valid point. however, you have to admit that if a mass amount of people have the same opinion it has to come with merit. so that's when you delve into the subject yourself to see if you agree with them or not, I just have not done that yet
Not always, and the fallout from this movie is actually a perfect example of why that isn't the case. Prior to, the folks complaining about Kingsley's portrayal were in the very small minority; the majority was waiting in anticipation. At least a couple of weeks afterwards, comic book dogma reared its ugly head again. The two positions are completely contradictory. When you also consider the fact that most people can't accurately articulate what a comic book accurate Mandarin is in the first place, the whole thing becomes even more dubious. To them, the comic Mandarin is some Chinese dude with magic rings. The interesting part is that neither designation is completely accurate, yet this is what so-called fans desperately wanted...after the fact. Jonestown and the Branch Davidians were a couple examples of a "mass of people" as well...I wouldn't consider their beliefs as having much merit either.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #244
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,202
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

It's funny how after IM3 came out, suddenly these Mandarin "fans" start coming out of nowhere.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #245
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,382
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Mass amount =/= a handful of fans on an internet forum.

Just give igt a watch and see what *you* think of it.
whoever said internet fanboys were the only ones complaining? i know people from ghetto ass queens who saw im3 and were very unhappy with it. and it's quite more than a handful of fans on an internet forum. i'm sure there are some here, so there's this forum, and then ign, and facebook, and (possibly) millions of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Not always, and the fallout from this movie is actually a perfect example of why that isn't the case. Prior to, the folks complaining about Kingsley's portrayal were in the very small minority; the majority was waiting in anticipation. At least a couple of weeks afterwards, comic book dogma reared its ugly head again. The two positions are completely contradictory. When you also consider the fact that most people can't accurately articulate what a comic book accurate Mandarin is in the first place, the whole thing becomes even more dubious. To them, the comic Mandarin is some Chinese dude with magic rings. The interesting part is that neither designation is completely accurate, yet this is what so-called fans desperately wanted...after the fact. Jonestown and the Branch Davidians were a couple examples of a "mass of people" as well...I wouldn't consider their beliefs as having much merit either.
fair enough, however I'm just saying that, after what I saw on the marvel cinematics universe fanpage on facebook, why is it so wrong for people to NOT like this movie because of the twist? why do people HAVE to defend it as if the mcu can do no wrong whatsoever?

i usually agree with jeremy jahns and here's a video of him explaining the frustration of the fanboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KeDPR5VKs

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #246
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,867
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
whoever said internet fanboys were the only ones complaining? i know people from ghetto ass queens who saw im3 and were very unhappy with it. and it's quite more than a handful of fans on an internet forum. i'm sure there are some here, so there's this forum, and then ign, and facebook, and (possibly) millions of others.
It's the internet, where anything is Bandwagon approach. Not to mention, it's a fairly mixed reaction with audiences alike anyways. Some liked it, some loved it, some hated it, others were indifferent. Movies don't make a billion dollars because people hate it. Hell, I've accepted the GA loves Transformers, although *some people on the internet may not*.

More examples of Bandwagoning :

Sam Raimi hate after SM3 came out (I acknowledge not everyone loved SM1/SM2 pre-SM3.)
A bit of distaste for Nolan after TDKR
Deadpool suddenly had this massive fanbase after WO

__________________
This is my design.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #247
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,202
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
fair enough, however I'm just saying that, after what I saw on the marvel cinematics universe fanpage on facebook, why is it so wrong for people to NOT like this movie because of the twist? why do people HAVE to defend it as if the mcu can do no wrong whatsoever?

i usually agree with jeremy jahns and here's a video of him explaining the frustration of the fanboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KeDPR5VKs
First of all, hating the film because they ruined a villain whilst not considering if it worked within the context of the story is just baffling to me..Secondly, I'm willing to bet that a lot of these so-called Mandarin 'fans' who suddenly emerged out of nowhere just went and googled the Mandarin and found out he has magic/alien rings without having any real knowledge of the character himself and how he has been handled through the years.

I'm willing to sit down and have a decent discussion with these 'fans' and actually talk about the character rather than argue on about how mis-represented and how Shane raped the character blah blah blah. Some of these 'fans' here treat the Mandarin like he was some A-lister, Ultron or Dr Doom type level villain. Granted, do fans have the right to be pissed off? Absolutely but they also need to realise that the movies and comics are not cannon.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #248
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,382
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
It's the internet, where anything is Bandwagon approach. Not to mention, it's a fairly mixed reaction with audiences alike anyways. Some liked it, some loved it, some hated it, others were indifferent. Movies don't make a billion dollars because people hate it. Hell, I've accepted the GA loves Transformers, although *some people on the internet may not*.

More examples of Bandwagoning :

Sam Raimi hate after SM3 came out (I acknowledge not everyone loved SM1/SM2 pre-SM3.)
A bit of distaste for Nolan after TDKR
Deadpool suddenly had this massive fanbase after WO
yes that's true, there's nothing like a bandwagon on the internet (or anywhere)
I actually did not really really really like SM2, but the general appeal is that it is a great film. I thought the first SM was very good but I did not like that there were no web shooters.

And although DKR was a good film, it did not hold the candle to TDK or BB for that matter because to me it was far too similar.

And trust me, deadpool had a fanbase before WO. Just no one heard their voice until it.

I saw the first transformers and I thought it was horrible. I didn't even care to see the second and I only went to go see the third coz I was dragged and my ticket was paid for and I thought that one was horrible too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
First of all, hating the film because they ruined a villain whilst not considering if it worked within the context of the story is just baffling to me..Secondly, I'm willing to bet that a lot of these so-called Mandarin 'fans' who suddenly emerged out of nowhere just went and googled the Mandarin and found out he has magic/alien rings without having any real knowledge of the character himself and how he has been handled through the years.

I'm willing to sit down and have a decent discussion with these 'fans' and actually talk about the character rather than argue on about how mis-represented and how Shane raped the character blah blah blah. Some of these 'fans' here treat the Mandarin like he was some A-lister, Ultron or Dr Doom type level villain. Granted, do fans have the right to be pissed off? Absolutely but they also need to realise that the movies and comics are not cannon.
did you actually watch that video I posted? I agree that maybe SOME of these mandarin fans popped out of nowhere but you can't deny that there were some fanboys really waiting to see the showdown between iron man and his archenemy, and they deserved it.

but anyways, there's one segment in that video where it compares mandarin to the joker in TDK...whereas, how would you feel if it was the same? heath ledger's character was just a hired actor and carmine falcone was the 'joker' all along? would you have accepted that? even if it worked in the context of the film?

__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #249
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,202
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
did you actually watch that video I posted? I agree that maybe SOME of these mandarin fans popped out of nowhere but you can't deny that there were some fanboys really waiting to see the showdown between iron man and his archenemy, and they deserved it.
And they didn't get it? Have you ever read the Iron Man comics where there's a Mandarin vs Tony showdown? Here:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


^^That is exactly what we got in Iron Man 3:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That's exactly how Mandarin and Tony fight in the comics. Those 'fans' who who only wanted to see "Iron Man vs. Mandarin (with Alien rings) zomg pew-pew socko-blammo" got a cold hard dose of reality poured over their heads. We were never gonna get alien tech rings, Feige and the director said that months before the film even came out. I'm guessing these so-called 'fans' wanted to see 70 year old Ben Kingsley exchanging blows with Tony and karate chopping his armours.

Quote:
but anyways, there's one segment in that video where it compares mandarin to the joker in TDK...whereas, how would you feel if it was the same? heath ledger's character was just a hired actor and carmine falcone was the 'joker' all along? would you have accepted that? even if it worked in the context of the film?
Aldrich Killian IS the Mandarin, something that many fans tend to ignore or outright deny. Accounting for the dissatisfaction from the so-called fans, they tend to use the Joker as an example, such as "what if Joker turned out to be a mascot who’s controlled by a scheming businessman and you say that that guy is the Joker?" Now, that comparison doesn’t actually work because the Joker has had one general consistent and very iconic look to his character: a guy in some purple formal wear, with white skin and green hair that looks like a clown. I can't say the same about the Mandarin. I have yet to see the Mandarin make any sort of impact in the Marvel comics universe. Cartoons, toy makes and writers have always been baffled about how to present him and usually create incarnations of their own. He's portrayed as everything from a sorcerer, to an ancient ghost, to a green-skinned alien, to a business man, to a teenage descendant of Gengis Khan in magic armour. Iron Man 3 isn't doing anything new by doing their own version.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 01-02-2014 at 04:55 PM.
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #250
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 3,382
Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I was never a hardcore iron man fan, i.e the comics, but I think fanboys were looking for something more on the lines of this


__________________
http://www.glamour.com/entertainment...-of-everything
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/2...-girls-bodies/
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-ju...our-child.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.