The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #651
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

I feel like we need a picture of the turtles. Soon.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 12-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #652
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Well probably get one, or at least our first official poster, sometime imid to late January.

And I hope its something along the lines of this:

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 12-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #653
#root
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Soon? I need it now

Old 12-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #654
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

I think we should get a look at the turtles when the studio thinks we should. I don't want to see them until everything looks as good as possible.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 12-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #655
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

So no unfinished CG, huh? I will gave Bay credit for doing that with Transformers, they never released **** until the product looked complete.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #656
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I feel with the constant push-backs, the changes made to Shredder and Bay not helping much either, and no footage, poster, or anything yet, this film keeps being lost in the shuffle.

Especially, when you consider we've gotten trailers for both "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and Comic-Con footage of "Guardians of the Galaxy", if "TMNT" wants to compete with the big dogs, I'd start releasing stuff soon.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #657
Marvin
Side-Kick

Those films are alot have alot of pre production due already given they are sequels, and/or they are films with actors in clothes.

We've gotten plenty of Fox and the set/locations already. If this entire film was humans(as is Xmen for example, we'd have gotten the actors too(see turtles on set).

That being said, they could at least put out some concept art. That's a classic marvel move that never fails.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #658
dark_b
Side-Kick

time for leaks. we need leaked unfinished cgi shots of the turtles. or at least concept images. come on steal them hahahhaha

Old 12-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #659
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Let's face it, they probably want to release more of a full trailer featuring actual shots of the turtles than any kind of Transformers 1 or TDKR teaser.

To me, the only thing they have to keep serious is the Shredder. The rest of it can be a cheesy throwback, but Shredder clearly works better when he's intimidating as hell.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 12-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #660
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

Hopefully we get something shortly after new years!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #661
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

Perhaps they are waiting for one of those slow news days where there's not much going on in the comic film movie world so they can have most of the attention when they release the image of the Turtles.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #662
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Superbowl is right around the corner

between now and then i hope at the very least we get a pic at how the Turtles look like

Old 01-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #663
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerWarrior View Post
Perhaps they are waiting for one of those slow news days where there's not much going on in the comic film movie world so they can have most of the attention when they release the image of the Turtles.
Today's a slow news day albeit footage for "Amazing Spider-Man 2" was released last night but still... get on it, TMNT!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #664
sethmartin

Some lucky individuals were able to see the new toy line based on the movie! No photos but descriptions of all the characters! It sounds pretty good!

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2014/...a-turtles.html

Old 01-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #665
sethmartin

THE TURTLES

- Each turtle has the weapons they should have. (YAY!) 2 swords for Leo, a staff for Don, 2 sais for Raph, a pair of nunchucks and a three sectioned staff for Mikey.
- Each turtle looks LIKE A TURTLE and not alien...at all. (BIGGER YAY!) In fact the designs are quite traditional and unremarkable, and feature far less texture than the 80's movie turtles. Eyes are fairly normal and not cartoonishly large. No beak along the nose area like some speculated. Three fingers and two toes.
- The sort of hunched over posture present in the actors in those leaked set pictures is present here.
- Amazingly, each character appeared to have a different physique with some (like Raphael and Leonardo) having super heroey muscle tone (though Raph appears more pumped up than Leo) and Donatello appearing slimmer..leaner. Michelangelo could possibly be slightly shorter than the rest.
- Each turtle's mask matches the color from the cartoons.
- Styles of dress are different as well with Leonardo in a sort of pseudo samurai gear get up including shoulder armor, some leg bits, arm bracer and foot wear up to the calf with bindings showing. He might have some armor (non metal) along his chest as well. Donatello's gear is a mix of techy, modern and a dash of samurai with more normal footwear (for a 2 toed giant turtle), some gadget on his head and gadgetry coming off of his shell. The ends of his mask are far longer than the rest, draping down to his waist. Raphael has adopted an urban warrior look with white, bandage-like wrappings on his feet, right leg, and right arm. He wears this very conan-esque loin cloth..thing..with leather straps draping down as if he were more suited for gladiatorial battle. Michelangelo's outfit seems the simplest with a hoodie wrapped around his waist, pants and sneakers with the toes cut out, wrappings on his hands and forearms, a necklace (could be puka shell beads?) and his mask ends drape down to his chest. He looks frighteningly ready to spit out some modern catch phrases.

SPLINTER

- Again, a very traditional design.
- Hair pulled up in a samurai..nub? Fu Manchu facial hair going on.
- His eyes seemed a little odd but I couldn't make out what was going on there.
- Slightly tattered samurai outfit with a blue upper half with gold accents, tan lower belted robes and blocky sandals.
- Comes with a samurai sword.

APRIL O'NEIL

- Nothing out of the ordinary here, especially since we saw her on set in her yellow jacket. Blue jeans, black boots up to her knees and a satchel across her chest.
- Worth noting the figure doesn't much look like her.
- Comes with a camera and 2 sai knives.
- Also might be worth noting she doesn't look very articulated and her heels may present a standing issue.

THE SHREDDER

- This guy looks like he owns stock in the Ronco knife company! Pointy edges coming off of absolutely anything. He'll be the stuff of ridicule for some time. Very overcomplicated outfit.
- Helmet is pseudo-traditional, adopting elements of the classic look (mostly the shape and key elements) with the top coming down over the eyes to the nose. Mouth area is recessed.
- Describing the rest of this armor is a nightmare. Suffice to say, even though he's covered head to toe in metal armor or blades, his arms are still mostly bare. It's a bit comical. He's got the shoulder pieces with the blades coming off them, the shin armor with the blades coming off them, black armor areas to offset the steel parts and a cape that looks metal with blades coming down the side. I'd expect we'll see him whip that around in battle.
- His only weapons (beyond his whole body) seem to be the bladey thingies coming off his forearm armor. The one on his right arm seems incredibly complicated..maybe a spinning blade?

FOOT SOLDIER

- No surprises here at all..just as drab as the goons in masks we saw on set.
- The figure designs are a bit more colorful with a brownish scarf, blue vest, black arms, tan pants, grey knee pads and black boots. They also seem to have made the mask more of a grey than the copper look we saw on set.
- The changes in colors and such lead me to wonder if they did that for the toy line just to bring something out for kids beyond a boring black outfit or has there been changes to the Foot Soldier's look? Our bet is the former. Makes little sense to put out figures that don't match the movie look, though....but it's not like it hasn't happened before.
- Figure comes with a small hand gun, a larger rifle and a knife. You may be able to strap the smaller gun to his leg in a holster sculpted on.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #666
Marvin
Side-Kick

cool.
Though I suspect much like some of the Man of Steel toys, they might not be exact translations to film.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #667
terry78

Yeah, I wouldn't expect nor want them to have giant cartoony eyes. They should look like they actually exist.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #668
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
cool.
Though I suspect much like some of the Man of Steel toys, they might not be exact translations to film.
The toys are exactly as I've heard.

The only difference being the texture, which I've heard they do have.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #669
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Shredder and the Foot sound like ****.

Why do the Turtles need armor or clothes? Only for going out on a mission ala trench coats and fedora, but the hoodie and everything else sounds meh to me (and yes I know they dressed human-like a few episodes in the original series).

However, Splinter and the Turtles' looks sound great. I'd just lose the armor and clothes.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #670
terry78

Those may just be for the figures. And to be honest while they are turtles, they're probably more human emotion wise than anything so why wouldn't they want to wear clothes?

Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #671
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Are those figures MM equivalent or tiny stupid 3-4 inters?

Does make sense to distinguish them, outside of the color bandanas. They are teenagers, remember.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 01-03-2014, 04:49 AM   #672
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Great! Finally some news! Hopefully we get spy pics soon, theres such a superhero hype news drought right now

300Rise of an Empire|Captain America The Winter Soldier|The Amazing SpiderMan 2|Godzilla|X-MenDays of Future Past|TransformersAge of Extinction|Dawn of the Planet of the Apes|Guardians of the Galaxy|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Old 01-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #673
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Those descriptions are awesome. We need official news on this movie asap.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #674
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Not gonna lie, those turtle and Splinter descriptions got me quite excited.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #675
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Not gonna lie, those turtle and Splinter descriptions got me quite excited.
Ditto.

I just hope our excitement isn't for naught.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Closed Thread