The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 12-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #51
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hugh Jackman says he's unsure about returning as Wolverine in another movie

I think bringing Liev back and doing the Sabertooth/Logan dynamic justice would be a perfect way to cap Hugh's time as the character.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #52
Snikt
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hugh Jackman says he's unsure about returning as Wolverine in another movie

Another reason I see him coming back, he said he's "loving" playing the character more now than ever before.

It just seems odd he says "I'm loving it more now than ever," and then says "I'm not sure I want to do it anymore."

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #53
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Just because Liev is back, how do you avoid not falling into the same clichés of Origins? Brothers reconciling their differences and coming together to face a greater common enemy would be repetitive, and they shouldn't go there again. Will they even be in Vietnam together in a new timeline following 1973? So that alone may eliminate another rehash of Victor Creed. Far as Deadpool, I think they will stay far, far away from the Barakapool version we got and instead emphasize Wade Wilson in X-Force.

First and foremost, we have to see where the character is at following DoFP before we can make assumptions on whether it makes sense for the character to return. If Logan succeeds in repairing the timeline, his mission as an X-Men may be done and they could leave it at that before essentially rebooting the character in the future.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #54
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm done with Sabretooth now. I hope they don't bring him back.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #55
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm done with Sabretooth now. I hope they don't bring him back.
Agreed we've had two Wolverine V Sabertooth attempts in the movie's in X1 and Origins, I dont think a third is needed.

A small cameo perhaps is fine but I wouldnt want a whole film revolving on their relationship again to be honest.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #56
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Would you not like to see it done well though?

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #57
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Would you not like to see it done well though?
Yeah of course, but its only been one whole movie since we saw Sabertooth, perhaps in three or four films time sure bring him back, I understand he is big part of Wolverine's character but for now I personally would like to see some new things and characters used first and given a chance.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #58
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I honestly wouldnt mind Sabretooth coming back, he was the best part of Origins and I would like to see more of him in a good Wolverine flick.

Throw in Omega Red and possibly Yukio and Colossus and it could be something special.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #59
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I just want Omega Red in the third Wolverine movie. Make it happen Fox!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:03 AM   #60
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^I honestly wouldnt mind Sabretooth coming back, he was the best part of Origins and I would like to see more of him in a good Wolverine flick.

Throw in Omega Red and possibly Yukio and Colossus and it could be something special.
Yeah to be honest as long as we get another decent movie and story I dont mind who is in it that much, just keep it going in the same direction as TW and well away from Origins and all is good to me.