The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #226
Steelsheen
Iconic

Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

as for the overall design, i dont want anything changed. Best suit update that works perfectly for film.... if anything, i'd like them to show its true colors (so to speak) in the sequel, just like how it appears in the BTSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Me too. And I liked it a lot in the movie. But I was shocked when I saw this part. It's so bold and unashamed of being a superhero costume in those gifs. I only with they had the cape on it there so I could see them together. And this is how it looked un-retouched and without any kind of filter. They make more work for themselves by altering its beauty.

More:

... and i like how Henry can have a funny bone. i do love blessedly talented actors that dont take themselves too seriously.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 12-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #227
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
He has super speed. No matter where his suit is, he can get to it, change into it, and get back to where he was before anyone can even blink.
I got the feeling that Kryptonian "superspeed" was heavily dialed back for Man of Steel. I don't think we'll be seeing the "in-the-blink-of-an-eye" sort of movement from Superman in this continuity.

Not that I expect the tshirt to ever actually be used, of course, but I just don't think we'll be seeing Clark SUPERSPEED away to the Fortress of Solitude, change into the Superman costume, and return all in less than a second.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #228
vantheman77
Side-Kick

I know the S in MOS resembles the golden-age version of Superman's, but every time I see that S it makes me think Henry Cavill is playing Earth-2 Superman.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #229
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I got the feeling that Kryptonian "superspeed" was heavily dialed back for Man of Steel. I don't think we'll be seeing the "in-the-blink-of-an-eye" sort of movement from Superman in this continuity.

Not that I expect the tshirt to ever actually be used, of course, but I just don't think we'll be seeing Clark SUPERSPEED away to the Fortress of Solitude, change into the Superman costume, and return all in less than a second.
I do wonder about the superspeed of this version of Kryptonians. Like was what we saw with Faora just for the audience or is that how they look to people when they move fast?

On Smallville, when he was just the Red-Blue Blur, they showed Clark run into one of the phonebooths at the DP and run around in a circle inside while changing. Something like that could be cool to see again. But, maybe that something that should be left for the Flash.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #230
Loki882
Side-Kick

Zod, Faora, and the other Kryptonians had just arrived on Earth and hadn't absorbed a lot of solar radiation or become accustomed to it. That's why they needed the helmets and armor, and why they couldn't fly or shoot heat vision, etc. Zod figured it out eventually of course. It's not unreasonable to conclude that their speed might have been affected in a similar way. Plus, some people were already complaining that the action scenes were moving too fast and were hard to follow (I had no problem with either) so can you imagine the reaction if the Kryptonians moved even faster.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #231
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Zod, Faora, and the other Kryptonians had just arrived on Earth and hadn't absorbed a lot of solar radiation or become accustomed to it. That's why they needed the helmets and armor, and why they couldn't fly or shoot heat vision, etc. Zod figured it out eventually of course. It's not unreasonable to conclude that their speed might have been affected in a similar way. Plus, some people were already complaining that the action scenes were moving too fast and were hard to follow (I had no problem with either) so can you imagine the reaction if the Kryptonians moved even faster.
Well, I have my problems with how they handled the whole power thing.

They didn't really fight each other much faster (if at all) than any thing we haven't seen in multiple films. It wasn't exactly like DBZ or anything like that.

Anyway, I don't really expect them to show him with the suit under is clothing.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #232
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

So, I ended up watching the film again yesterday. I showed it to my brothers by connecting my laptop to their TV and the it was so weird seeing the film. On my laptop, it looks like the boring gloomy filtered look, but on their TV it was so colorful. The suit looked a lot better in terms of color. Everything did.

"

Old 12-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #233
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Take this for what it's worth.

http://cinemovie.tv/interviews/costu...n-vs-superman/

Quote:
Speaking of fantasy, Wilkinson is currently working on the follow up to Man of Steel and the pressure is quite high with one of the most anticipated assembly of DC Comic Book characters. He’s tasked with designing a whole new Batsuit for Ben Affleck, the new crusader taking over the role from Christian Bale, and a new look for Wonder Woman played by Gal Gadot. He tells us that he’s also “tweaking” the Superman outfit. He lets us in on what stage the costumes are in for the start of the February 2014 shoot in Detroit.

“We are now in the stage where we’re refining our designs with the last series of camera tests and doing our final tweaks in preparation for shooting.”
Wilkinson adds that he pinches himself daily when he comes to work on Batman vs Superman because he feels honored and “tremendously excited” to be involved with a project whose iconic “characters will be seen for the next generation of filmmakers.”

As audience members, we, too, are excited to see what he comes up with for the next phase of Superman and Batman, but given his great work on past films and his current work in American Hustle, the characters should be in good hands.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #234
Boom
I got nothin'

Oh God please be underwear just so I can watch the meltdown.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #235
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

I guess we can take the question mark off the thread title now.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #236
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
lol. bring it on!

Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #237
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I guess we can take the question mark off the thread title now.
Eh, not necessarily. Batman wore the same suit from The Dark Knight in The Dark Knight Rises, but it was slightly "tweaked", wasn't it?

Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #238
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
As you might guess, I'd be down with that.

*splat*
Old 12-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #239
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just have superman unlock a "secret article of fabric" in the FOS while an AI Jor-El explains that it's an ancient Kryptonian codpiece

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 12-19-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #240
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Just have superman unlock a "secret article of fabric" while an AI Jor-El explains that it's an ancient Kryptonian codpiece
Jor-El: You will give the people of Earth a fabulous style to model towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you with their outer-undies. In time, you will help them accomplish fashion wonders.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #241
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Lara Lor-Van: He will be completely out of style. They'll shun him.
Jor-El: How? He'll be a fashionista god to them.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #242
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Just have superman unlock a "secret article of fabric" while an AI Jor-El explains that it's an ancient Kryptonian codpiece
lol. u all always come up with brilliant idea.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #243
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:

If he can catch bullets in this universe and those things can travel from mach 2 to 3, he's going fast enough imo.

Hard to see things at that speed with the human eye, or even on camera unless prepared(enter luthor/wayne), but it's not so fast that you have him solving all problems(see two missiles in opposite directions) on a whim, or getting into time dilation plot holes.

if only they introduced the idea of a self healing/repairing krypton suit. Now he essentially can't damage it or the game is up.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #244
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Jor-El: You will give the people of Earth a fabulous style to model towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you with their outer-undies. In time, you will help them accomplish fashion wonders.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #245
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Faora's smack down of the Rangers in Smallville says "Hi."

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #246
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If he can catch bullets in this universe and those things can travel from mach 2 to 3, he's going fast enough imo.
Did he catch a bullet in Man of Steel? I don't recall a scene with Superman plucking a bullet out of the air. I may be mistaken though, could you jog my memory maybe? I only saw it once in theaters and haven't picked up the Blu-ray yet.

Either way, breaking the sound barrier isn't the same as being able to cover large distances in the blink of an eye. I specifically was talking about flashing somewhere far away to pick up his "Superman" costume when he needed it rather than always wearing it under his clothes. In some media, Superman could circle the globe in a fraction of a second. I don't see that happening here. That's what I meant by "dialed back".

Quote:
if only they introduced the idea of a self healing/repairing krypton suit. Now he essentially can't damage it or the game is up.
I got the impression that the suit was impenetrable. I mean, it stood up to a brutal fight with superpowered Kryptonian. If Zod's heavy blows didn't damage that material, perhaps the material has enhanced durability like Superman's own Kryptonian skin. Or maybe it can "heal". We already have self-healing materials of various quality on Earth, it'd be easy to give this "power" to Superman's alien suit.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #247
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

It's sort of traditional that his suit, being made of Kryptonian materials, is as invulnerable as Superman himself, that's all they have to say, complicated reasoning or exposition isn't necessary.

*splat*
Old 12-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #248
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Keaton was a fantastic Batman and Bruce Wayne as well and I loved the '89 film.

That said, I could totally have seen Alec Baldwin in the role too and think he could have done well.

Anyway, word is the Superman suit in MOS will be tweaked? If so, anxious to see what it will look like....could be potentially good news...

Old 12-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #249
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
It could happen.

Let's not forget......... these WERE Snyder's original ideas for the final suit:

And the differences are small enough to count as just...... a tweak.

So..... nothing is impossible.

And I'm with you. The meltdown would be glorious.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #250
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I wouldn't have any "BOYCOTT THIS MOVIE!" style meltdowns if they added the trunks, but I would think it was really stupid. What would be the reason for it? We finally have a trunkless costume that looks good and they put them back? Dumb.

Closed Thread